• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Love - Concord, NC's 8/25 Game Crazy tournament

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Alright, NC gang (and anyone else willing to travel to the Charlotte area). It's time the Concord NC Game Crazy had another Smash tournament, and with my return to the store comes the return of Smash. Let's get to the details:

Tournament details:

Date: August 25th

Time: Registration starts at 4pm, ends at 5:45pm. Rules will be read at 5:50pm. Tournament will start at 6:00pm. NO Exceptions.

Entry Fee: $5.00 per entrant. MVP members get discounted $3.00 entry fee. MUST have card present, have an account in the Concord store's computer, or have a receipt from any other Game Crazy store with proof of MVP membership. (Sorry guys, the boss can be pretty strict about this sorta thing.)

Prizes have yet to be determined.

Tournament style: Singles. If demand is high enough or there's a showing of strong support, a Teams tournament could take place within the following weeks or month.

If enough people attend, we may have to do a Game Crazy first and expand the tournament OUTSIDE of the store, likely to be under canopies. In case of this event, extra televisions, cubes, copies of Smash, and controllers may be needed. Any equipment belonging to you that will be used WILL be marked as yours (safely, I assure you), to avoid confusion.

Also, (by boss' orders) profanity must be at a minimum, which is stretching the zero tolerance bit we've been trying to enforce lately.

543 CONCORD PKWY N, CONCORD, NC 28027-9059

Pound rules. More information soon.

lord karn

Smash Master
this is Malk on Lord Karn's account.

This tournament is gay.

There needs to be teams. this tournament is as gay as darkrai the pokemon.
Mourning Pirates need a discount for being awesome.
Prizes need to be determined now.
Pound rules suck, DK 64 is legal for teams
Pound rules suck, Onett is bannnnned

Charlotte sucks
NC love comes from Raleigh not Charlotte
gg cowboys

I have some more comments if you would like my advice
and you need my advice
ever since Munkey has left, tournaments have been a very dangerous place.
Have the cops on hand in case anyone's controller is stolen.
Make sure there is a bouncer in case of red marth.

just ask yourself
WWJD
What would the Mourning Pirates do?

And what exactly would we do?
We would just do it
like nike
nike talked to me the other night in a vision
they said
'just do it'
so just do it

do the chicken dance
dooo itttt
chicken *****

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
I'm hopin' to make this one, but idk how likely it'll be, school starts the monday before that and I'll hafta find a way to charlotte

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
What kinda brownies...? :]

I'll bring sugar cookies! Seriously, every time I go to GC, I go buy cookies at Kmart because they're cheap because Kmart sucks, haha. The orange ones are good. *w*

Also, I'm there! Strive for teams! Someone partner with me if they happen, raaaawrrghrghr!

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
so, I went to the grocery store, and they had these brownies called "cosmic brownies." I bought them, ate them, and then felt let down by false advertising.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
IDK I think that I will be knee deep in college-ness by the time this rolls around and if I can't use the knee there aint no reason to come. :) Not counting it out, but it will be unlikely. I need to come down and organize falcon shirts with Ali anyways, lolz.

-PAC!

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
if i can get the car that day then yes, it's really not so far from me

F.Y.I. Im bringing DK hard against the fast fallers XD ph34r

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
this is Malk on Lord Karn's account.

Charlotte sucks
NC love comes from Raleigh not Charlotte
gg cowboys
Aww, you're just jealous cuz our city's bigger... XD

but seriously, let's show some statewide, even region wide, support at this tournament. And if we can get all to go well, then I'll talk to the big man about a near all day Singles AND Teams event.

2_Percent

Smash Ace
this tourney will most likely only be west people...i guarantee it. it's not much prize money i don't think for the east to even come, for the money it is to drive out here.
but anyway..i'm sure i'll be there

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
yeah i wont make it bets are, but if pac and ali are designing falcon shirts who wants to design fox shirts with me or luigi lol

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
haha. I guess me and my boys from Pembroke will make a trip to Charlotte. yall already played 3 members from our crew: Matt: Dama --> Ganon ... Tony: Sliver-->Fox... Mario: Valz--> capt. falcon. and some of yall played me oh well. let's just pray that we make it. it sound's like a plan 2 me.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
yo do you have to be in the tourney to do friendlies, b/c i may be down from VA.

DoctorChuk

Smash Apprentice
As long as nothing catastrophic happens to me between now and then (it's happened before on several occasions), I'll definitely be there.

I can also bring my small, crappy TV that I won in a bowling league raffle after buying 21 tickets about 6 years ago, and a cube that doesn't like to work sometimes.

And I'll have my sexy Gamecrazy MVP card ready to prove my membership at the store where I can buy and trade used games for store credit-hi-this-is-Nick-how-may-I-help-you.....

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be fun as always.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Well, try to mention this tournament there, too. I want to show little Concord just what kind of Smashers the Southeast has.

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody from greensboro want to carpool if I can make it? I can drive, or I can pitch in for gas, whichever works out best. This is all assuming I can actually come. Also, this is just a one-day thing, right? I have to be back in g-town for sure the next day.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it's just a one day thing. And unless we can find some place to go, it will be just a tournament during business hours.

And FNJ, your sig is missing the "Falco" part.

Toshiba

Smash Apprentice
Adam, count me in on the luigi shirts. As long as its blue luigi, i cant be walking around with a pink luigi shirt on or my misfires will just get me killed.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
well toshiba your making a big mistake on not calling the pink luigi, who i like to call bubble gum luigi myself(thats pimp) Yet i like blue luigi 2nd best lol. We really need to make shirts cause luigi is too good.

A idea just hit my head, there are so many falcons in nc(me included), i say us luigis come together and have a crew battle against nc's top falcons(me not included) at the next tournament. Im serious that'd be too fun

The luigi list would consist of

1.L0zR=)
2.T0shibA
3.ChocolAte thunnNDa
4.???

The falcons would be

1.Ali
2.PaCsTrife
3.T.C.
4.???

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
Anybody in Greensboro want to carpool to this tourney? Malk, aren't you going to uncg this fall? that's where I'm going.

:edit: and by this fall I mean I'm moving in on wednesday

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
very well then adam .. ive been playing with fox and a lot of marth sooo we'll seee .. and falcon ;) .. you need to come down to charlotte sometime adam some people are visitin me when i come back , i think knorr and karn are comin + the usual people

Top Bottom