• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Love - Concord, NC's 8/25 Game Crazy tournament

the only time you, as a host, can change where somebody is placed in a bracket... is in the beginning, before everyone has even started. After the brackets are made. They are MADE. You didn't run the tournament riht, and I'm just putting it out there... it doesn't mean anything to me, because I wasn't involved, I'm just saying something to help you out in a future tournament.

I've ran many tournaments, actually most of the NC ones I have been to, have been run by me, and I've been doing this for like 5 years. I know my ****.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
I've been familiar with gaming tournaments for years, I know my ****, too. It was done on pencil and paper, mistakes are inevitable. Next time we should use an automated tournament program. PAC, what did you use at RM8 and Jubilee?

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Why are we bragging about tourney experience?

I'd bet that I have more tournament running experience than anyone here dealing with larger crowds, more variables, and more games. If you were at RMt8 then you know what I'm talking about.

Regardless, it's a silly card to play an argument. Use computers for brackets or else you will mess something up, it never fails to happen.

Kris: Tourney master is the ****.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Yeah Kris I use tournament maker 2.0 for all the smash tourneys that I have run or helped to run. I also know how to do it with pencil and paper because of wrestling tourneys in highschool, but those are too easy to **** up. I would say deffinitely go with the computer if you wanna be sure the tourney gets done right.

Tricky.

Smash Cadet
how in the hell did richard get 4th.....when he beat the 3rd place person and lost to ali and peter.... and the 3rd person lost to ali and richard....

richard got cheated....

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
For ****'s sake, do I need to scan and upload the ****in' brackets? You weren't there, you didn't enter, you didn't run the tournament, and you haven't seen the brackets sheet. stfu already.

SR Raptor

Smash Apprentice
Let's give the guy some support here. I would love it if there was a GC district wide tourney. Or at least a NC wide tourney that could be pulled together. It would be some work but hey, wouldn't it be fun?

Also, keep your ears open fella's I will be announcing a Melee tourney at our GC where the winner will be receiving the first copy of Brawl that we get in or something else cool like that. (hate to announce it like that)

Too bad I had to work that day Nick, I would have loved to come.

FalcoNoJutsu

Smash Apprentice
ok so heres what I did. I made a sample bracket of 8 people (not the same size of this tournament, but it will still show what should have been done. And I made a bracket of how things were done. You tell me the difference.

The correct way- http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2996/samplebracketwk2.png

The wrong way- http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/618/hisbracketls7.png

I see a MAJOR difference in these two.......................................................................the correct bracket doesn't have Ali as the winner lol!!!!!!!!

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Twiggy, my brackets were NOT done incorrectly, nor were they changed at all in the first place.

In my final brackets, I had forgotten to add the loser of the winner's finals to the loser's bracket. Considering the round he got knocked out in, I added the spot to the brackets so he'd still be in, unlike a tournament me and RTF were in where we were screwed out of the loser's bracket completely because the organizer forgot to add us into it.

I know we all love this game, guys, but a few things to think about: first, it was a piddly Game Crazy tourney where my co-workers threw all of the entry fees on a single gift card for first place to take home, instead of dividing it into two or three parts. Secondly, whether it was third or fourth, Richard still placed BELOW Peter and Ali, and I doubt one tournament with only three people in the power rankings in it would boot Richard out and replace him with DF2K. If anything, it would likely bump Luther out of 15th and bump DF2K into his spot, making EVERYONE happy.

Lastly, in the end, it's a **** game. I know, I'm just as obsessed as most of you, too. But you all sound ********, throwing a fit about a TOURNAMENT IN A GAME STORE.

actually... I started out saying you made a mistake... which you did. You're the only person flipping out here lol.

You made the loser of winners finals play an extra match that he shouldn't have even been in. peter and df2k should have played to see who played richard. You did it wrong. Yes you did. Yes you did. blah. blah.

If you continue to think you were right, then you're an idiot and shouldn't make any bracket ever. Yes, even single elim.

SR Raptor

Smash Apprentice
I vote Boss Hog to head up all tourney's from now until forever.

Mistake or not, just chill. Like he said, its a GC tourney, anyone remember the one in Rocky Mount?

The focus of that tournament there above all else is to drive customers into the store and maybe as a little extra side-effect have a little fun. Next time just use a program for the brackets.

Honestly if you look at this, it is sorta like setting up the customers IMO. At ours we had little kids coming in and l0-freaking-zr was there. I wonder if ZIO felt guilty taking their money lol. Any tourney directed to Smashers who don't know about the bigger scene here is just wrong.

Please get over the tourney. Why is it that anytime anything is done for the betterment of the community and NC in general people always want to nit-pick it and try to punish the good hearted folks?

FalcoNoJutsu

Smash Apprentice
I vote for everybody to go JMOB(Jack their Meat On their Balls) cause all this over a tournament is dumb as ****.....tiwg...ur my nigg(actually ur white...but anyways)......how can u get mad bout a tournament u weren't at?

Malk

Smash Champion
I vote Mourning Pirates run every tournament and smash organization or effort in NC from now on.

Face it guys
we do it better

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
He said he's not going to run any more tournaments, what more do you want?

Richard's place was switched (he deserved it anyway), why can't we all just let this go? He's not running tournaments for you anymore. It was a game store tournament, not a Smashfest. This is getting ridiculously out of hand.

He's seen what he's done, the results have been altered to fit correctly, and it's over. Why are we still fighting? I'm cool with everybody, now can everybody be cool with everybody? *girly saaaaad face*

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
i don't see any fighting. i just see boss hog giving tourney bracket making advice. he's been doing it for a long time. he has (or had) a love of this game and has been in the smash scene for a while. he seems to be a pretty credible source. but one thing is for sure, i like boss hog. he's cool.

you didn't know but, anything said by nc smashers is not to be taken seriously.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Bah, don't worry about it guys.

I just ran the tournament the way I always do.

A way that, oh, 26 or 27 people, out of 28 mind you, had absolutely no problem with.

But if a bunch of people that didn't enter have a problem with it, seriously or not, then no worries.

I'll just keep them to myself, and have Ali, Peter, and Chuk beat the regular 8 or 9 people month after month.

SR Raptor, sorry I never got back to your PM and support. Thanks for the advice. It helped. Maybe if Michelle still drags me all around the district, I'll get to meet ya soon.

Malk

Smash Champion
Seriously NickOteen, I haven't said anything ('cause Twig said it already) but i have a beef with ****ing up tournaments too.

It reflects strongly upon the entier smash community, makes people not want to play, etc. Because the thing is, it's not ****ing hard at all to run some brackets. No one and I mean no one should have to pay for your sloppiness, not even zio.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I didn't get it either. I wasn't gonna say nuffin' about it, tho.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
So realistically I'm banned too oh man I went there.

JK I love everybody in NC.

My two cents:

Other than the me/Richard mix up, the tournament ran smoothly and everybody enjoyed themselves. People make mistakes, it's wise to take advice from people who know what they're talking about (ie. Twig). Next time things will work out better now that we know.

SR Raptor

Smash Apprentice
Wow, T.C. hit 100. That's impossible. I bet if we go back we can see his last 50 were in the past month or so lol. Now I can aspire to be like the great T.C. with 100 1337 posts.

Top Bottom