• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC locator thread

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
so, from next monday to next friday, I'll be in raleigh with nothing to from 9am-5pm every day. I'd love to fill some of that time with smash.

:edit: I have a car, so I can drive short distances (less than 30 min)

2_Percent

Smash Ace
whenever i don't care...i'll be free since school starts on the 20th. ali should be back from kuwait definitely by then, so yea, even if it ends up just being us charlotte/one oakboro people it'll be fun.

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
smashers in/around greensboro. As of tomorrow I'll be back at uncg, and any time after that if people want to play my dorm will almost always be available for smash, so just PM me or find me on aim (good luck with that).

Also, I want to host a tournament in Greensboro this fall, and I have found an organization through which I should be able to get a fairly large room for a day or two. Anybody in greensboro or esp. at uncg any help is greatly appreciated if you have any hosting experience.

Malk, that means you, cuz I've heard all good things about raleigh's tournament scene.

Malk

Smash Champion
Greensboro will be home of the new sexy smash scene

Cstrife call me Thursday afternoon if you wanna play. I move in Thursday morning.

Malk

Smash Champion
They are our special friends

they are the future of Raleigh smash 'cause we all move out tomorrow

Koorii

Smash Cadet
just a reminder, most people who went to MPJ V or was it IV, know that the legendary toasty, myself (It's Ganon), and GUM are hosting a fest in SoVa this weekend (sat, sun, mon) here is the recap...

Fellow smashers...planning a tournament is hard work when you don't have confirmation on who is coming when...so if you plan to attend EPIC MADNESS VOL. III please PM either me or toasty to confirm that you are in fact coming, when you plan to show up, if you have a setup or tv. We plan to start playing (friendlies, mm's, etc...) at around 3 p.m.

Here is the toasty recap of what you will need...

I NEED CHAIRS, SETUPS, EXTENSION CORDS, AND POWER STRIPS [and possibly snacks?...only a FULL setup (TV/Cube/Smash) will take care of your venue fee]

BRING SLEEPING STUFF. DON'T EXPECT ME TO SUPPLY IT. [blanket/pillow/sleeping bag, that kinda thing]

VENUE FEE: $5 [lodging/food/drink]
Tourney Fees: $10
MLG Rules
Where:
819 Jamestown Crescent
Norfolk VA 23508
757 635 7806...or It's Ganon at 757 641 5388

What I need:
Chairs
Extension Cords
Power Strips
at LEAST 3 more TVs
3 Cubes/Wiis/copies of Smash
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR COPIES OF SMASH WORK AND THAT YOU CAN GET YOUR TV TO INPUT MODE...we can't be havin those failures again.

so RSVP...ASAP.

so yeah, gonna be sat-mon...Team Richmond is confirmed +all of SoVa...so try and make it out if you can...

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
slim stinky jimmy jim should get a smashboards account. I'll try to talk him into it. Malk, you should play my friend gerand (wiiplaya77 on smashboards) he's actually fairly good. at least about as good as me

Fj00

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am new here as of today. My name is Eric and I go to NC State. I am not very good, however if anyone really good wants to beat up on my ganon I would be honored. How many players from NC State are there? My AIM is EricksonSm

SR Raptor

Smash Apprentice
Hey there man, Can't say for sure how many are at NC State but there are quite a few good players around your area. Hopefully they will be on, Rocky Mount isn't too far and we often take trips to Raleigh to play the guys up there.

Malk

Smash Champion
I just moved from Raleigh but there are still some good players there. Knorr lives there still, and NCBobby goes to NC state and he is pretty **** chill. PM me if you want his number.

Audi

Smash Rookie
hey guys, name's tony. just moved here from louisiana. looking for some smash, but i don't have a car T_T. i'm a freshman at duke, anyone there or in the durham area?

2_Percent

Smash Ace
hey corey, it was good playin ya on sunday i think it was. but yea...good ****.
we gotta do it again, but i'll probably see you for that gamecrazy tourney right?

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
What's Up People

Hey ya'll. I was wondering if there are any smashers that go to Appalachian State. I think this college is close to where I go to school in Asheville so that's why i ask. If there any smashers at this University I would love to hear from you so maybe my crew could get together with some of u guys to get in some smash. So if u guys are out there I'd love to hear from you. Until then, keep on gaming and peace out.

Top Bottom