• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Somewhere Darksyde is slapping his forehead for taking the time out to read another one of my unnecessary posts.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I just had to read the last 8 pages to get caught up (which were mostly a total waste of time) but I definitely just got predicted hard as hell. Good ****.

Also, if I had a .jpg of Kevin's head photoshopped onto any super heroes body and then got to name him, I'd definitely call him Dwambit.

On second thought, get to work on this, Smith.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Melee seems pretty defense imo

Mew2king- does he ever approach?
Armada- peach is a giant wall, good luck approaching that
hbox- he walls too
dr pp- walls with lasers, but kevin approaches more than he has to

fox- i think fox can be played both offensive or defensive, but I think a cyrain style fox (very defensive) with mango pressure would be unbeatable.

axe- idk, I don't watch enough of his vids, but I think he's a mix of both offensive and defensive

falcon- i've heard from falcon mains that you're never supposed to approach, but they do anyways because it's fun

mango is a huge exception though because he's always in your face and pressuring, even with characters like marth

melee is a really deep game. it's almost impossible to say that it's a defensive or offensive game when you've got mango breaking the law lol
I don't do that S lol. Mango and I talked about it once, and I'm the only other one at the top besides him who doesn't play overly defensively(aka gay). Me using lasers with Falco is like Chops using them: I'm just looking for an opening/conditioning.

Axe is mad aggro LOL.

Falcon mains don't know. That character has some beast offense, but there's a certain precise way that is kinda hard due to, again, the precise nature of the character as well as his somewhat more limited options(vs top tiers) that allows Falcon to be more aggressive than defensive. See: Darkrain still getting off.

You think it's defensive if Mango is "breaking the law." Playing smart vs aggressive is important, and Mango prefers to play aggressive until he's losing(he told me half of this and I figured the other half out).

Edit: @Chris- LOL it's pretty easy to stay calm in this debate thus far, but yeah it's a somewhat trivial point. I still feel like my point is worth proving though.

@313: I'll edit in a response when I'm done eating.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
alright fair enough.

btw PP, do you think you could've beat M2k at Rom3 if he planked the ledge with Jiggs? I was talking to druggedfox and he said that falco has no/barely any options against that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Uhhhhh

heck if I know what to do about that.

I thought about it once.

What do you see me do when someone is chilling on the edge too long? Laser Ftilt/walk up Ftilt.

That's all I got. The rest of my options are unsafe and I'd probably have to resort to them if someone was committed to that strategy. I'd love to see some ruling enforced on such tactics before it was proven to be hard to handle, but I doubt that'll happen because people are silly sometimes.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Uhhhhh

I thought about it once.

What do you see me do when someone is chilling on the edge too long? Laser Ftilt/walk up Ftilt.

That's all I got. The rest of my options are unsafe and I'd probably have to resort to them if someone was committed to that strategy. I'd love to see some ruling enforced on such tactics before it was proven to be hard to handle, but I doubt that'll happen because people are silly sometimes.
also I was just thinking that the strategy would only work if Jiggs had the lead.

So just don't ever let Jiggs approach. lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I already don't do that much lmao.

@313: Tero did a bad job of that. If he had Bair'd he would have been more successful with his planking.

That Falco was also....what

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Uhhhhh

I thought about it once.

Jason told me when I picked him up for MLG Raleigh that he had 4 stocked several NY pros including Jesus and Aziz by planking with Jiggs. I really don't think there is anything anybody can do if it's done correctly.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'd probably have to CP Fox and do some gay stuff if that happened to me, honestly.

LOL now I'm paranoid. Time to start testing with Twitch....

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey Kevin :dwam: Nanney, AKA Dr Peepee.

You showin' up to anything this Friday?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
.....................what?

I'm going to that thing that no one knows any details about on what I thought was Thursday.....

Is it Friday now???

Adam said Thursday!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Then it is THURSDAY!

Get yo italian behind in gear.

I made a mistake. Whoops. Just asking if you were going to be there.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
WUT DA HAYUL

Yeah I'm fully confirmed to be wherever it is Thursday. =)

Someone should let me know about that by the way....

also tell Adam no busch ice fa me looooool

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Would you be fine with Smirnoff?

:|

Nah, I just need someone other than adam to tell me what I'm doing wrong. He doesn't provide much insight.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Would you be fine with Smirnoff?

:|

Nah, I just need someone other than adam to tell me what I'm doing wrong. He doesn't provide much insight.
LOL

And, yeah I can handle that. Who do you play these days, ZIO?

@Dr Neo: Nothing is planned besides the Christmas get-together on the 18th right now. You can find the thread for it in the Atlantic South forum.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Adam and Gerod aka ThundaChild. And this other guy that likes to be called Falco. You can guess who he plays.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh, alright.

Make sure your technical stuff is down(shield pressure, wavelands, run off lasers, etc) so that we'll only have to work on mental stuff Thursday. =)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Marth! :D

We can take this elsewhere. No need to bog down the topic with 1on1 convos.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I can't get a feel for any character but Samus.

Too much jumping around and ****. I like my feet where they belong.

*plays ZSS in Brawl, herpaderp*

Top Bottom