• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PLUR: I believe it's not resorting to rushdown so much as not playing very campy/defensively? Brawl players seem to do that on the whole more than Melee players, but I also believe Brawl rewards that style of play more than Melee so whatever.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
No worries, I won't take advantage of it Keith. I'll savor it Keith, much like our friendship Keith. I won't call you Keith too much, Keith, because I know you don't want to be called "Keith" Keith. Instead I'll stick with Mongoose, Villain, KTM, Zeru, Bebi, and your many other aliases Keith.

Keith <3
Hey that Twin A guy is pretty funny.

When'd he learn to do that?
i guess we should start something new
YOU ARE REALLY GAY
i thought my posts should be a little more discrete
see wut i did thar
Me.
I started it bro.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
PLUR: I believe it's not resorting to rushdown so much as not playing very campy/defensively? Brawl players seem to do that on the whole more than Melee players, but I also believe Brawl rewards that style of play more than Melee so whatever.
If that's the best way to play the game, then why complain when that style gets used? You can't shoehorn a playstyle into a game that doesn't lend itself to it.

I already know that Brawl is a more defensive game than Melee. Melee has a much better balance between offense and defense and it also helps that the two most used chars(Fox/Falco) are really good when played offensively.

I just don't like that Brawl players have no code of honor or whatever just because they play the game the way it was (intentionally or not) designed to be played. IT's pretty silly.

@Ocean - They may be entertaining but they aren't very good lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If that's the best way to play the game, then why complain when that style gets used? You can't shoehorn a playstyle into a game that doesn't lend itself to that style.

I already know that Brawl is a more defensive game than Melee. Melee has a much better balance between offense and defense and it also helps that the two most used chars(Fox/Falco) are really good when played offensively.

I just don't like that Brawl players have no code of honor or whatever just because they play the game the way it was (intentionally or not) designed to be played. IT's pretty silly.

@Ocean - They may be entertaining but they aren't very good lol.
I don't complain about it, but I also don't play the game. =p

Falco ain't best or second best guhhhhhh wtf

I mean yeah they signed up for a more defensive game so that's what they get I guess. I think it's silly to complain about too but I can't fault them for it totally since I don't enjoy it at times myself for that reason. I guess I'm saying that I can see where they're coming from on that so I can understand the complaints.

The playing without integrity part.....eh, that line's different for everyone. I'm sure that planking/timing out is probably a good part of where the lack of integrity is to most people(me kinda, but I don't know how some other characters can even win in the first place, but then again they had to get the lead.....eh).

woo mind-dump

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Kyle read my mind.

However, when I made the post, I was debating on saying the two best chars but decided against it because I knew Kevin would say "Falco ain't the second best blahblahguhhh". So I just settled for most used because they're definitely two of the most used if not best.

*is not condoning a debate on whether falco is the second-best or not*

Also, planking is understandable. But time-outs happen in every game. I guess it's alot more draining because rounds in smash last like 6-8 mins. I think the only reason time-outs are hated so much is because smash tournaments in general are always pressed for time.

MAYBE IF WE COULD RUN A DAMN TOURNEY ON TIME, NO ONE WOULD CARE

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah well most people think that so whatever. =p

Misread lol because I got in an argument in the backroom over Falco vs Fox in tiers and was all salty about it.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Yeah well most people think that so whatever. =p

Misread lol because I got in an argument in the backroom over Falco vs Fox in tiers and was all salty about it.
Stack it up PeyhPeyh mmmkay :p

And yes, all Kyle's are good at reading minds (and you are disgusting by the way. you should be ashamed of yourself. Crayons and fold up chairs should not be used that way).

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You are not a ganondorf.

You are a smith. And I have found a smith in ALttP. Two of them, in fact, at the same time.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
here is a list of things that came to my mind to say to that:

-only the dumbest of them all is born every 500million years
-only the cutest of them all is born every 500million years
-God throws out one every 500mil because he gets bored and wants to terrorize small areas with someone like you.
-I'm just kidding, I <3 you buddy
-You don't have any power, the years is just a coincidence
-No one thinks to name someone smith that often, that is all.

-"I became... bulimic"
"You can read minds?"-Zoolander

-I don't know what you can do, because I don't care enough to read your mind to find out
-Oh look a cupcake!
-A new challenger has appeared?
-Nemesis?
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHHrtGdozr4
-That cupcake was good. I also just ate a slice of pumpkin pie. Life's good.
-Dang this list is long.
-All of these were initial thoughts. I'm not even thinking about what I'm putting, I'm just typing.
-Somewhere Darksyde is slapping his forehead for taking the time out to read another one of my unnecessary posts.
-It is now too long to be considered "funny".

-your super power is how nice you are. Because I don't know how, but I htink it was something you did that got PP to Rom 3 in which case he won it. Good job bro.

-<3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
time outs are looked down upon because
like you said
6-8 minutes
we like combos. we like hype.
6-8 minutes without hype or action

'-'

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
For whatever reason, whenever Twin_A posts, I think it's Maria. I think it's because Pikachu's in the avatar, but it just throws me off.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
For whatever reason, whenever Twin_A posts, I think it's Maria. I think it's because Pikachu's in the avatar, but it just throws me off.
I'll take that as a compliment. We all know Maria is a very attractive individual, so I will actually take that as an attempt by you to flirt with me. I'm flattered, but I don't date anyone with zeros in their name (let alone two). Try harder though, I might budge.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Tero who

and it's been said 400 times over that rockcrock could've done much better in preventing that campfest from happening.

Also 2 examples vs the 100s or more that higher level Brawl has......****

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
someone jumped to the johns pretty quick when they heard hard camping happened in melee

whether or not rockcrock COULD have done something differently... he didnt

and i dont think 313 was arguing which game had more gay **** campfest stuff... hes just saying that melee should not talk when it can happen in that game as well.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ever stop to think that, unlike Brawl, players may not be used to such hardcore camping so they might not abuse their options as well as they could to beat it?

That's just one argument for that particular statement, Keith.

And I always have to see if you're trolling or not because those arguments are pretty troll-worthy at times.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
im talking about the reference that 313 made. and then u said something about how it makes no difference cause brawl has 100's of those type of vids.

oh, and wtf... so he did not know how to abuse his options because hes not use to that playstyle? that just sounds like a lack in player skill. you should be ready for anything, and have an answer for anything.

Top Bottom