• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sorry I squandered guys. =(

I'll do better next time.

The preparation/surprise thing and all of the support was really awesome. You guys are the best. <3

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
He's right. You can't call yourself garbage anymore. :p

For real though, Kevin, good ****. I always believed this community would amount to something meaningful one day, and I'm glad I got to (sort of) witness it.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
He's right. You can't call yourself garbage anymore. :p

For real though, Kevin, good ****. I always believed this community would amount to something meaningful one day, and I'm glad I got to (sort of) witness it.
This post got to me. I dawwww'd.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Just curious but would anyone be able to house/pick me up from the airport for MLG Raleigh? If you can please PM me, I'll gladly compensate you with gas money/and a couple extra bucks if you're housing me. (LOL You can also pm me if I totally posted in the wrong thread :))

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
i will only house Gnes, cause he and i have the same first name lololololol... and we are both black.
So I'm guessing that's a no for housing/picking me up from the airport and you just wanted to throw out trivial facts? Well.. if I'm ever in a need of finding a Keith I'll come looking for you I guess.

Anyways, any help will be awesome.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
So I'm guessing that's a no for housing/picking me up from the airport and you just wanted to throw out trivial facts? Well.. if I'm ever in a need of finding a Keith I'll come looking for you I guess.

Anyways, any help will be awesome.
I can prob house, but i can't pick you up :(.

keep in touch with me via pm's.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Git um PeyhPeyh!

Seriosuly though, stop beating yourself up for every little thing. You are one of the nicest guys and best smashers I know. One way for you to improve your already amazing skill: Stop worrying yourself sick over the little things in matches.

Something Dogy and I said during commentary: The best athletes in the world are the ones with the shortest memories. Thats because they forget the mistakes they just made or matches they've lost and they move on quickly so as to not become dicouraged.

Stack it up PeyhPeyh :D

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Me, Jon, and karn got 4th in our pools i think

i ended up in snaps pool so that was lol's as well as mad ******** gay

and josh got a **** pool with nothing but falco ditto's and an IC with infinites on deck

pp/yay made bracket
and josh/karn made bracket as well (doubles)

basically 4/7 of us in the pools only needed 1 game to advance...
get ***** us

tw1n

Smash Champion
Get em Peyh Peyh!!!!

Lol Apex *****. It was awesome to finally meet the faces behind most of these accounts.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
PP's at my house playing right now with Cam, but early when me & him went out to eat PP said nothing but good things about the twins. :)

tw1n

Smash Champion
PP's at my house playing right now with Cam, but early when me & him went out to eat PP said nothing but good things about the twins. :)
Awe thanks for the good words Kevin. Much Catfish love lol.

NC was awesome tho. Every one of them =D

Keith definitely is a theif tho. He has the look that could steal any womans heart ;)

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Yeah, my pool went like this:

Big Lou: Really well known Brawl player who I didn't expect to be any good at Melee. Wasn't overly warmed up when I played him and basically just got hit with a lot of dumb stuff and got barely 1 stocked twice. Definitely could have won if I would played a little more beforehand.

Enz0: ***** his Fox first round, got 1 stocked second round in a Falco ditto, and was trailing a little in the last match (which actually had a lot of NY/FL hype) and when I came back last stock I immediately forward+B'd. Whoops.

Silent Wolf: 2-0'd, 2 stock and a 1 stock by his Fox. Definitely almost won second match.

Some other Falco: Played him when I was really warmed up and 2 stocked him twice.

Smasher 89: European IC. I didn't really care too much at this point because I couldn't make it out of pools because of that stupid SD vs Enz0. I lost at least 2 stocks per match to chain grabs. I played Fox and beat him first round. He barely beat me second round at his CP. And third match, I took him to Rainbow Cruise, which I barely ever play but I figured would be a free win against IC's. Being on the boat really sucks though. There's no room to run around so basically the match was me messing up once on the boat and dying and then me catching up on the rest of the stage. When we were both last stock, I tried to forward+b onto the swinging platform and it moved just enough for me to SD. Whoops.

Everyone in the pool was a lot better than I expected though. That's the thing about national tourneys. A name you don't recognize can be a total scrub or a really talented player who doesn't travel. Oh well.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Git um PeyhPeyh!

Seriosuly though, stop beating yourself up for every little thing. You are one of the nicest guys and best smashers I know. One way for you to improve your already amazing skill: Stop worrying yourself sick over the little things in matches.

Something Dogy and I said during commentary: The best athletes in the world are the ones with the shortest memories. Thats because they forget the mistakes they just made or matches they've lost and they move on quickly so as to not become dicouraged.

Stack it up PeyhPeyh :D
Yeah, it's a rule I tried to learn in Varsity Soccer, but it just can't stick with me. Especially if I lose matches, every mistake makes me feel really badly when I think about/watch them again.

I just am really hard on myself about everything. It's worth it if it helps everyone else have a good time though. I make it through well enough haha.

I have a lot of awesome support(like you guys <3) so it's really hard for it to fully get to me now regardless. I'll handle it like I almost handled this tourney(XD) and ****.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
For the record, every match Kevin played had at very least me sitting next to him (first round pools) and for everything in bracket there was me, Yay, Alex and Maria.

God, get emotionally supported, Kevin.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i got 64th place out of 260 at apex.

if i had just 2-0'd blue rogue or jon numbers, i would have been straight.... **** blue rogue for being so **** good with wario.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Look at it this way, Keith.

At least you didn't lose to a Jigglypuff named Honey Badger in pools.

That's what happened to me at SPOC and Tope would never let me hear the end of it, despite the fact that the guy was actually pretty good. :[

Top Bottom