• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
and ganon id say is less tech than sheik. anyone dies to missed l-cancels. sg spacy, marth, cf, sheik all **** each other up outta grab, so nothing special to ganons. esp with that huge hitbox, i'd say he's like a less precise version of falcon, esp with that gay dthrow
i wasn't saying he was more technical, silly DJ. but a less precise version of falcon? i may be rather new, but something seems a little off about this. if you think about the effective hitbox of falcons aerials as he's streaking through the air doing whatever that bird wants to, ganons fair seems miniscule in comparison.

and yes. ganon has a useful grab. build a bridge and get chain grabbed all over it.

DJRome

Smash Hero
im of the opinion that ganon dthrow is around the same gay as sheik's and in the head to head ganon>sheik's

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Now Ace, DJ is simply on the bandwagon of those crazy GA people who think Ganon is the best character in Melee. Unfortunately, they have a good argument because Kage beat Mango, so we'd better respect DJ's theory until it's proven wrong.

I mean, Ganon Dthrew to Usmash'd Mango's puff for a kill. That's really gay bro. Seriously.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yes, Falco is a gay character. He has bullets that stun people and HE NEVER HAS TO RELOAD.

Falco's awful recovery is negligible compared to his onstage game. Why? Because he'll never die. He just ***** and gays and ***** until everyone has sore buttholes about Falco.

Oh, and have you seen his combos? He can 0-death people without breaking a sweat!!! It's basically guaranteed on Sheik on every stage, especially FD! 80-20 Falco's favor.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i hope to be on stage with u soon sir. not only are you way funnier than me, im always getting edgeguarded :)

i wanna see rom results. . .

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Mango SUCKS vs Ganon lol. Seriously. Kage isn't even good vs Falco or Puff!

Sadly, I think half of NC will read that and think I'm ********.

I don't give a **** though, I only wish I was closer to great players.

PS. 3 newcastles, 3 st pauli girls, 3 st pauli girl darks, a 24 oz modelo.. got a few more beers in the frigde and wrok at 8am lol

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Now Ace, DJ is simply on the bandwagon of those crazy GA people who think Ganon is the best character in Melee. Unfortunately, they have a good argument because Kage beat Mango, so we'd better respect DJ's theory until it's proven wrong.

I mean, Ganon Dthrew to Usmash'd Mango's puff for a kill. That's really gay bro. Seriously.
lololol
we are not crazy.
we just know the future.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
BBQ: I am secretly agreeing with you. Didn't you see my obvious sarcasm? =p

DJ: lol what gave me away?

Ace: U right tho

Toasty: I learned a looooot that way.

DJRome

Smash Hero
Mango SUCKS vs Ganon lol. Seriously. Kage isn't even good vs Falco or Puff!

Sadly, I think half of NC will read that and think I'm ********.

I don't give a **** though, I only wish I was closer to great players.

PS. 3 newcastles, 3 st pauli girls, 3 st pauli girl darks, a 24 oz modelo.. got a few more beers in the frigde and wrok at 8am lol
it's not as if mango is the only person kage beat. i guarantee you at this metagame, ganon is at least on par with sheik for almost all matchups

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
it's not as if mango is the only person kage beat. i guarantee you at this metagame, ganon is at least on par with sheik for almost all matchups
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!??!

Kage has a different style of Ganon that a lot of the people here are not used to. I figured RoM was a wakeup call but I guess RoM2 is also. Lots of people need to learn the Ganon matchup (and the Jiggs matchup, and the Peach matchup). Let's not get in a panic over simple BS.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I resisted my lol.....this time.

How about: US is bad vs Ganon(except South because we have several legit ones)? Kage isn't the best in Canada because those guys know how to beat Ganon, yet he places the highest in the US. Come on now DJ.

Edit: I would like to be better vs jigglymaster.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ganon is very scary to fight if you don't know how to. mainly because of fair and jab. the matchup takes practice, thats why he's doing well right now. ganon is not shiek tier, dj. don't even say that lol.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
why even bother to learn the ganondorf matchup with your character.

a waste of time imo. just pick ganon yourself and learn how to space.

DJRome

Smash Hero
there is so little emphasis on actual placements and results. that's what a tier list is. it's a summary of how these characters are represented in tournament. im not talking about a matchup chart.

DJRome

Smash Hero
yeah, in the results of matchups of sheik vs char VS ganon vs char, ganon has a higher winning rate right now. im saying that + tourney results are true, not how the matchups are played. i was gonna search for this data, but it's way too much work to look through the brackets etc.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
First, I must know where the title "catfish" comes from.

Second, North and South Carolina still have (presumably unenforceable) state constitutions that disallow atheists from holding elected positions.

Third, Ganons are very scary, and they may be shiek tier at this time. (But it is tough to distinguish a shiek tier with so few shieks playing [and placing] nationally?)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Just one of those quick facts about your states, haha.

Relevance is negligible.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i find it ironic that when sheik owned the world of smash, people made "excuses" about mid tiers and how they just needed more players to have their metagame develop. now that it has ostensibly caught up, those same people are slow to proclaim that sheik no longer reigns the top tier as she had

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I like this rich wheeler guy. He says things that aren't relevant.

Catfish is an NC meme that is rooted back to LoZR's friend's inside joke that dates back at least 3 years. I don't know the exact story behind it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you werent even playing when shiek was dominant. wtf.

nobody thinks shiek is even close to dominant anymore. also nobody thinks shiek is anything less then top tier. she's still got top tier qualities just no top tier players.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah, I guess people dont like playing boring characters anymore. Marth and Shiek usage is at an all time low, and quick combo-based character usage is at an all time high.

This is giving mid and low tiers a chance to shine because they almost all have better and more fun matchups with spacies than with shiek/marth. Doc's and samuses, for example, are quite a bit more free to succeed against spacies and falcon. In the shiek/marth age, it was probably much tougher. It is similar for Ganon.

I like this rich wheeler guy. He says things that aren't relevant.
Hahaha, read mah location. Perhaps this post is better. Just trying to introduce myself with non-relevant stuff or else people will think i'm trying to be a know it all. Thanks for the catfish explaination.

DJRome

Smash Hero
you werent even playing when shiek was dominant. wtf.

nobody thinks shiek is even close to dominant anymore. also nobody thinks shiek is anything less then top tier. she's still got top tier qualities just no top tier players.
and how has my absence from that era made me unable to read about it?

you have to wonder why people AREN'T playing sheik more. . . if she's such a top tier, why are people switching to spacies and puff when clearly sheik is top tier? why are there as many ganons and cfs as sheiks if not more? clearly, it's hard to accept the new metagame and tier list. . .

so yes, while sheik is still very good, i don't see how it's possible to regard cf/ganon as high tiers now. clearly sheik fails vs spacies/puff. the same can be said for marth as sheik. they've fallen from the top tier and rest comfortably with ganon/cf in the high tiers. likewise, samus is mid tiers as possible and peach is high now too.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Peef, my bad bro. I've seen you make legit posts, but I'm just being silly tonight haha.

That's a good point what you said about character abundance too.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
there's nothin about the characters themselves that have changed, the players of the currently dominant characters just got better. tier lists should be matchup based, not tourney based. see: every other fighting game's tier list

shiek doesn't lose to puff, but hbox is good against shiek and there are no shieks on hbox's level. shiek probably loses to spacies, but it's not that ****, shiek has tons of gay stuff on spacies too. if shiek had any good players, maybe we'd see it.

oh, i don't see any shiek mains switching to spacies and puff, they just...stopped. i mean really, wheres drephen or recipherous or hayato or dsf these days? they just stopped playin smash (dsf still plays brawl, lol). they didn't switch chars. too bad m2k goes marth and fox only nowdays.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Drephen still plays sometimes and is still really good. But he has mostly disappeared with the rest of the shiek mains. He was at SMYM and if things had gone slightly differently (aka if he remembered to edgeguard) he was poised to beat Mango.

i don't see how it's possible to regard cf/ganon as high tiers now.
seconds later...

they've fallen from the top tier and rest comfortably with ganon/cf in the high tiers.
=P

Here's a question. How do I beat shieldgrab marth's with Falco. Probably the most often asked question in history but it continues to haunt me. I am convinced a good shieldgrabber can always shieldgrab. I think the frame data actually backs that up. I guess that makes the question...how do you play against marth without hitting his shield? (Looks at PP aka local falco authority)

DJRome

Smash Hero
seconds later...

=P

Here's a question. How do I beat shieldgrab marth's with Falco. Probably the most often asked question in history but it continues to haunt me. I am convinced a good shieldgrabber can always shieldgrab. I think the frame data actually backs that up. I guess that makes the question...how do you play against marth without hitting his shield? (Looks at PP aka local falco authority)
lol, typo in my speed. i meant mid tier obvi/not regard as high tiers. just jumbled them together

laser

lol stingers, they quit bc, they didn't want to switch to those chars but couldn't win. obviously i meant the mid/low tiers switch to those choices RATHER than to sheik. in this day and age, there is no pride in using low/mid tiers anymore. people play to get better and win for the most part. and if sheik were similarly viable to those other choices, why the anemic lack of sheiks? clearly, sheik is markedly lower than puff/spacies. and no, sheik has nothing on puff. puff raps sheik. the crouch and cc + rest/edgeguard is supereffective. ur just mad about 4 stocks lol

lord karn

Smash Master
there's nothin about the characters themselves that have changed, the players of the currently dominant characters just got better. tier lists should be matchup based, not tourney based. see: every other fighting game's tier list

shiek doesn't lose to puff, but hbox is good against shiek and there are no shieks on hbox's level. shiek probably loses to spacies, but it's not that ****, shiek has tons of gay stuff on spacies too. if shiek had any good players, maybe we'd see it.

oh, i don't see any shiek mains switching to spacies and puff, they just...stopped. i mean really, wheres drephen or recipherous or hayato or dsf these days? they just stopped playin smash (dsf still plays brawl, lol). they didn't switch chars. too bad m2k goes marth and fox only nowdays.
Actually, I think Puff does beat Sheik.

Top Bottom