• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
just played through every char, and i have to say... brawl minus is more balanced then melee, brawl, and 64. seriously not trolling.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
kadaj good luck trying to find ppl to go with. charlotte doesn't have much in the way of brawlers, most of brawl is in the triangle...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
haha i saw that. i was surprised the parents clapped at the end...i thought they would be as shocked as I was >.>

son of a b!

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
NCstate bigest turn out: 40+
duke biggest turn out: .....??? something alot lower. DJ u know what u have to do, to become the best.. The dark side calls for u.

in case u have no idea what im talking about, i meant to drop melee and become full time brawl, and join the galactic empire. i will return when the sun has reached the highest point in the sky. then u will give me ur answer. and i pray for ur sake *dramatic pause*.... it is the right one.

edit: kadaj are u black? it would be so cool if ur black, cause i have been the only black brawler for a while. it was lonely when we had prs. i was a oil stain in a sea of Caucasian. (except for rag)

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol considering the brawl population around the triangle, it better be bigger. i mean, melee doesn't have nearly as many scrubs

Gardevior

Smash Lord
just played through every char, and i have to say... brawl minus is more balanced then melee, brawl, and 64. seriously not trolling.
You're not joking. Everyone has a decent chance. It's the only game where I can truly enjoy that random button. It's like what I imagine 64 would be if they hadn't made some characters ridiculous (Pikachu, Kirby) and others crap (Jiggs, Luigi, Link/Samus). If 64 had everyone around a Captain Falcon or Mario level, the game would still be way fun and balanced.

But after 64, it'd be Melee then Brawl. I'm pretty sure. Don't know which game is more balanced, but it seems like Melee's top tiers can all compete against each other with an even or slightly worse matchup, where brawl top tiers can still be 25-75 with each other.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
NCstate bigest turn out: 40+
duke biggest turn out: .....??? something alot lower. DJ u know what u have to do, to become the best.. The dark side calls for u.
I partly agree with keith here. Brawl just brings in more people, so why not do it in addition to melee? No reason to drop melee IMO, and no reason to not have brawl unless you just don't feel like devoting the time to running it (legit reason - I like free time too).
No such thing as a Melee scrub round these parts anymore.
Hey there man.

edit - sorry for double post, had open multiple tabs and thought I was in more than one thread. <_<

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol phooty.

i think melee had like 58 and brawl had 46....... we had 46 and like no one from NC came. plus, not to be bias, but herb 3 kinda catered to melee alot. never really on the status the big names that were coming, such as big lou, kismet, and reflex, logic etc. but at one point it said, mango pp, hbox. alot of other lil stuff aswell. the tourney was amazing and i know vilt had problems getting on the internet, so i am no way saying he screwed us over. just sayin that brawl was barely behind melee, and we didnt even have to try.

edit: plus, this was a regional tourney lol not a local one. thats what me and DJ are talking about

tw1n

Smash Champion
I got bored while listening to the radio earlier... but a song came on and an instant parody popped into my head. Figured since it originates here, I should post it.

I stack it up in the morning,
I stack it up at night,
I stack it up in the afternoon,
It makes me feel alright,
I stack it up in time of peace,
And in times of war,
I stack it up before I stack it up,
Then I stack it up some more.

This is the NC anthem... *tear*

Top Bottom