• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
thanks zach, not a great vid of me nor is it the mod i play but the event was a success and a lot of fun.

do people not post on here much anymore? i wouldn't have stopped posting for awhile if i knew my presence was that valued....

we should have a smash fest where all the bros get together.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
whatever happened to using gaming websites to nerd out and using facebook to stalk younger women....

i've thrown a few smash fests since i moved to wilmy, 3 or 4 usually when dave is in town so it's 'we' usually also, adam+crew come on down, occasional OOSers + wilmington crew. i never even play between these gatherings lol.

we have the dern best time ever. btw kevin, your teamie was looking particularly well pre-b.ice.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
fb grew I guess lol....it's whatever like I said smashboards is gettin redone so we may see people comin back

and I hope so I wanna take teams this time!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Oh now y'all 'ppreciate the Christmas fests huh? ;]

Gratz to Kevin on second at Apex! Those grab mindgames were ridiculous vs Armada.

Hope NC had a good time up in NJ as well.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm tired of all of NC getting close to making it out of pools, and not. the majority of us probably got 5th seed in a bracket where top 4 make it out. i'd really like the state to show that we have more than kevin, but the only people who can change that is us. i wish there was something i could do about it, but i'm ***. is anyone else interested in making noise in the bracket too?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm always up for making noise. Although I think I have the best chance of doing it with my Squirtle in PM, rather than in Melee.

BEHR

Smash Hero
A majority of players here lack focus and actual drive to obtain the goal of being really good.

Either we see it as unachievable and get frustrated and give up or we dont work hard at it enough.

Lack the thing that seperate us from Kevin is how much he actually worked to get good.

I remember Kevin and Twitch driving to Greensboro to come play me and Charlie (Vilt)

and this is like a month or two after he got like second or third at Concord, at that time I didnt have the mental capacity to understand all the tricks and stuff to get good so I was just really a ****ty casual player getting 4 stocked by Kevins Mario.

Anyways point is Kevin is really ****ing smart he learned then game and made himself a name within a year. Something like that will never happen again,Kevin changed the game I witnessed it first hand from him playing back in 06-07 the metagame wasnt like it is now,he evolved with the game, thats why is is one of the best in the world.

Some of us arent gifted with the brain to take in so much knowldege and use it at its fullest potential like Kevin,M2K,Armada, and Mango. To me those 5 are in a category of there own.

For NC to catch up to a level were Kevin is or level were other NC Smashers can be a threat is that its going to take a lot of work for us to get where we want to be your either take the time like Kevin did in the early years or not. Learn as much about the game and use your main to its fullest potential and learn to adjust.

but thats my two cents honestly I feel like I can to a higher level, I know im not a smasher who is very serious but I havent been to a tournament in a while and next one I go to I will perform,I got smarter so I know I will improve the more I play.

Mainly this post is to my appreciation for Kevin and his hard work and I love you man,I know we arent like homies but Ive seen you from afar and I appreciate your game and im really happy for what you accomplished.

Also this goes to Chris,Cam,Josh, and other including me. We can get alot better and be a threat just dont lose focus if thats what you want, dnt get overwhelmed, and dont get upset at the game, we arent getting worse ever, we always get better, we always learn, and we always adapt. This game is endless and so are the smashers.

this is also a 2 am ramble so might not make much sense.

also Mike **** your Yoshi.

Swallow to UAIR.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Remember the early drive I had behr? I would take the bus and walk like a half hour in the rain just to get to youur place lol. Good times. If I kept that drive I would probably be much different, but I lost it along the way. Kinda sucks now, cuz I don't have time to bring it back.

Sneak, I plan to play mostly fox now. Ask fiz lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
yo we can get maaaaaad good it's never too late!

thanks for all the love at home and in NJ bros <3333

I'll keep training and win it all so we can take the world crown and not just cali's back to NC this time!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
The cycle of improving at Smash:

Get remotivated ->
spend a ton of time playing the game, alone or with people ->
spend a ton of time thinking about the game and watching videos ->
spend a lot of money and driving hours to disappointingly small locals and occasional major tournaments ->
finally get back to how good you were a year or two ago when you had done this before ->
remember how bored you were from having worn out the game for yourself again ->
obtain temporary small reputation locally (maybe nationally) for people you don't know and successfully feed your ego ->
realize how pointless the cycle is and wonder what tricked you into doing it again.

/competetive level Melee

or the alternative:

Do something new and interesting and more worthwhile.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion

Get remotivated ->
spend a lot of money and driving hours to disappointingly small locals and occasional major tournaments ->
finally get back to how good you were a year or two ago when you had done this before ->
obtain temporary small reputation locally (maybe nationally) for people you don't know and successfully feed your ego ->
realize how pointless the cycle is and wonder what tricked you into doing it again.

/competetive level Melee

or the alternative:

Yea like playing MAHVEL!! But yea don't force yourself if you don't have the drive. Sometimes something else may be better in the long run.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero

Get remotivated ->

/competetive level Melee

or the alternative:

big sleep

չչչ
A majority of players here lack focus and actual drive to obtain the goal of being really good.

Either we see it as unachievable and get frustrated and give up or we dont work hard at it enough.

Lack the thing that seperate us from Kevin is how much he actually worked to get good.

I remember Kevin and Twitch driving to Greensboro to come play me and Charlie (Vilt)

and this is like a month or two after he got like second or third at Concord, at that time I didnt have the mental capacity to understand all the tricks and stuff to get good so I was just really a ****ty casual player getting 4 stocked by Kevins Mario.

Anyways point is Kevin is really ****ing smart he learned then game and made himself a name within a year. Something like that will never happen again,Kevin changed the game I witnessed it first hand from him playing back in 06-07 the metagame wasnt like it is now,he evolved with the game, thats why is is one of the best in the world.

Some of us arent gifted with the brain to take in so much knowldege and use it at its fullest potential like Kevin,M2K,Armada, and Mango. To me those 5 are in a category of there own.

For NC to catch up to a level were Kevin is or level were other NC Smashers can be a threat is that its going to take a lot of work for us to get where we want to be your either take the time like Kevin did in the early years or not. Learn as much about the game and use your main to its fullest potential and learn to adjust.

but thats my two cents honestly I feel like I can to a higher level, I know im not a smasher who is very serious but I havent been to a tournament in a while and next one I go to I will perform,I got smarter so I know I will improve the more I play.

Mainly this post is to my appreciation for Kevin and his hard work and I love you man,I know we arent like homies but Ive seen you from afar and I appreciate your game and im really happy for what you accomplished.

Also this goes to Chris,Cam,Josh, and other including me. We can get alot better and be a threat just dont lose focus if thats what you want, dnt get overwhelmed, and dont get upset at the game, we arent getting worse ever, we always get better, we always learn, and we always adapt. This game is endless and so are the smashers.

this is also a 2 am ramble so might not make much sense.

also Mike **** your Yoshi.

Swallow to UAIR.

what.... the ****

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Recently I've been using more Kirby than normal. My Kirby's been getting better because of this, which means my Ganon is getting better too. I love that Kirby's such a bad character that I can't rely on any Kirby-specific tricks to win. I just have to have better mindgames than my opponent. It's a lot of fun.

So, next tourney, prepare to face the wrath of my Kirby. Who is actually somewhat decent now.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Josh if you can't find the joy or worthwhile help of playing competitive melee, then that's fine. Don't bring others down for it though. I respect your decision as you should respect anyone else's.

If you guys get motivated and stay motivated, we will bring numbers to everything, ESPECIALLY NCSUS OMG! We've had 50-60 man tourneys JUST WITH NC ALONE THAT IS SO GOOD WOW

With this hype and motivation we could easily start a circuit in NC(more on that later or just ask Lucas[don't be ****s it was his idea and it's a good one]) or come up with other ideas to keep the scene improving! If you are hyped up and want Melee to grow in NC/overall/for you personally, then bring forward some cool ideas and we can talk it over. =)

Now is the time!

Top Bottom