• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah, well you can come to tournaments or smashfests(basically a get together where you play but not for money. just friendlies). That's all I meant haha. To find tournaments, just go to the "tournament listings" subforum(let me know if you can't find this) then go to "Atlantic South" at the top of that subforum and you'll see tournaments in the southern area. Then you just look for tournaments that say "NC" in the title and you're good!

Smashfests you usually have to stick around these threads about. You can always ask about any of this to see what's coming up and get a link to each though if you're still working on finding everything.

Also, be sure to add your location information to your profile(done through user CP and editing details) so that others can know where to find you to play you.

Also also, which game(s) do you play?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
melee is a good choice, but just be warned that nearly everyone that starts out playing melee eventually switches over to brawl.

Priestess

Smash Cadet
Someone told me that Brawl was trash. I had just gotten used to Melee so I wasn't in the right frame of mind to be okay with it.

Uhhhhhhhhh. So it seems like Melee is what I'm looking at! hehee.
The samus on brawl was kinda clunky anyways.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol that's legit bro. There's a tournament in Asheboro this weekend, and a tournament in Hickory on the 18th. And another in Pineville(charlotte area) on the 25th.

Tons of smashfests in the Durham area at Slasher King's place if you're over by him.

Also, ignore pretty much everything Stingers says. He's one of those online people that like to mess with other people. =)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
samus on brawl is pretty bad, ill agree. but maybe you'll find someone you like even more 8] (hint: everyone likes MK)

and im not really a troll, kevins just salty about the last time I ***** him in mewtwo dittos.

Priestess

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm not looking at going to any tournaments soon.
1. I'm not good
2. No car
3. I'm trying to learn tournament ettiquette before going to a tourney. don't want to end up like I did at the last halo tournament.

edit button!! Stingers. You shouldn't talk about **** like that. Shame on you.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
what happened at ur halo tournament? smash tourney etiquette is basically yell really loud and make up excuses for every time u lost (in the smash community, an excuse is called a john. so when u make an excuse for losing, u are johning)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
**** is a pretty common smasher term actually. It just means you beat someone(badly sometimes).

The best way to get better is to come to tournaments though! That's also how you meet lots of cool people that are willing to help out.

And etiquette? You don't have to worry about that I don't think haha. Smashers are whatever about pretty much everything haha.

Priestess

Smash Cadet
Last halo tournament?
*ONLY* halo tournament. Let's just say that I kinda went in not knowing the rules and ending up offending someone. The guys there were kinda. . .elitist. But that's some other stuff altogether.

Yeah, I'm a girl. That's a sexist assumption to make, though.

oh. **** and domestic abuse. Fun.
going from this and your screen names, I can tell this is going to be chaaaaarming. hahaaaaa

stingers

Smash Obsessed
pp's prolly the nicest guy u'll ever meet, contrary to his stupid name lol.
and yea what he said is true, you'll improve fastest by going to tourneys and havin ppl help out. its always best to just dive right in head first right?

and idk about halo but the smash community in general is pretty chill, so I doubt you'll offend anyone here lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, you won't know unless you come and see what it's like. But I can assure you there aren't nearly as many elitist smashers as Halo players.

And I apologize for my name. It's pretty embarrassing haha. I only made it like this because I wanted to be known for being funny instead of being good at smash initially. I'll try to give a better impression if I do end up meeting you haha. =)

Priestess

Smash Cadet
ah, it's like that?
Aiight, sooooooooooooooooo.
I'm extremely lazy.
Would anyone like to. . . Idoknow, name drop some good threads? Something I can search to spread myself around the boards. (keep your minds out the gutter there.)

Also, I'm waiting for someone to try and troll me. . .It'll probably be a week before I let my guard down.

edit button! Also, why won't they let me use this profile image!!! this is kinda sad.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll go find some threads for you.

You should leave your guard up constantly being a girl imo LOL but whatever you wanna do.

And I'm not sure what you're trying to do but just keep at it. Maybe you need to downsize the pic or something?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
ah, it's like that?
Aiight, sooooooooooooooooo.
I'm extremely lazy.
Would anyone like to. . . Idoknow, name drop some good threads? Something I can search to spread myself around the boards. (keep your minds out the gutter there.)

Also, I'm waiting for someone to try and troll me. . .It'll probably be a week before I let my guard down.

edit button! Also, why won't they let me use this profile image!!! this is kinda sad.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300778 smashfests in greensboro. check the thread title for dates(no new ones scheduled atm I guess)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301170 Asheboro tournament this weekend.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303701 Hickory tournament on the 18th.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301969 Durham smashfests that usually happen every Wednesday.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274457 Melee Power Ranking thread for North Carolina. You can meet more Melee-only players here.

I think that's good for now.

Priestess

Smash Cadet
Aww, you think so? I understand that it's easier to play Samus on 64, buuuuuuuuut, Melee is so pretty in comparison, you know? The movement is smoother. The physics are. . The weight of the game just feeeeeeeeeeeels better. You know?

It just feels right in my hands.
inb4thatswhatshesaid

vZakat

Half Genie

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Peter and ali also play seriously in Charlotte but probably won't see your post. If you have a Facebook I can point you in their direction. =)
Fb is Chris Teng

I have a full time job so normally I can only play Friday/weekends

Top Bottom