• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
that doesn't make it not stupid.
What? Fueling the rivalry is not stupid unless you get out of hand. I have much respect for Duke, both as an educational institution and a sports team. I also would love to see them lose to UNC every time the 2 teams meet in college basketball. I graduated from UNC and I have every right (more than 90% of fans) to root for my team and play-hate on Duke. UNC vs Duke is one of the greatest rivalries in sports PERIOD. It's not stupid. Some people are stupid, but healthy competition is a wonderful thing; something that fuels the rivalry and also keeps the melee competitive scene alive.

edit: I didn't even see your last post kyle, I had a response to it typed up on my phone and it mysteriously deleted itself, a wonderful feature on android. So I had to retype it an hour later lol.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
you're right, and i apologize. competition is a good thing.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
smash community crew rivalries used to be cool in 06-07... but ever since brawl came out its like crews just don't matter anymore but the rivalry situation is always fun to play in

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
having legitimate crews should return.

that would be wonderful.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i feel like smash tournaments need something new... its been the exact same way since like 06 and its just getting repetitive. We should test out some diff types of events

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
draft crews...suck. i need a PRIDE factor. something to actually cheer for...

i am all for college basketball rivalries

why?

cuz im at duke thats why

if i went to, say, uva or some ivy league school i prolly wouldnt give a **** about sports, but once u come to a place like duke or unc its just infectious. u really cant avoid it unless u live like a turtle all through ur college life. with that type of following comes big bucks due to the entertainment value of college basketball. Coach K is paid TONS more than the Duke university president. at firstt, when i heard this, i was like "o **** wut?" but then i realized that coach k is literally worth way more (in dollar amounts) to the university than the president. is that a bad thing? in the end, money is money and everyone needs it. its not immoral to gain money from sports, so as long as everyone benefits from it, its fine.

that being said, yes, pro players get paid **** tons over the amount they probably deserve for the work they do, but there is no law in the universe that states that u get the amount of money proportional to the work u do. rather, u tend to get the amount of money people are willing to pay based off of how much they value ur service to them. if u work 12 hours a day cleaning a bathroom, hell yeah ur working ur *** off trynna feed ur kids, but the simple fact is that work is not valued enough to pay u millions of dollars, while pro football players get a cut of WAY more than that to basically play a game.

its life. is it immoral? i dont think so. at the end of the day, the entertainment industry only thrives because people let it. why? because they enjoy it and are willing to pay money equal to that enjoyment as much as they can afford it

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
lol sneak trying to comment on a joke he doesn't get looooooooooooooooool

what an *******

boy do I hate that guy

thinks he can get by with spark notes

what a ****ing *****

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
yo who wants to be in my trio

it's like marvel except we're... PEOPLE

EDIT:

who wants to be my trio's coach

EDIT2:

once i get my team, 3v3 MM vs any of you trio scrubs

EDIT3:

trio

justice

Smash Ace
So guys like.. Sup! Do you guys play Marvel on that PANSTATION 3? Because I have a Panstation 3 too and it would be fun to play with smash bros.

Top Bottom