• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I have a secret for you, Stingers. I never told you because I didn't want to hurt you.

That guy we met at McDonalds that one time.

He wasn't $ Store Derrick.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Judging by when tourneys tend to end, there probably won't be anyone awake here to let them in.

Sorry dawg. That's the nature of only having every other weekend off. :\

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I suppose I could look into Friday night if they showed up before 10pm, but Saturday night's not really an option.

My parents would also have to okay it, since it is their house.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
So, I'm bored at work and surfing the PM developer boards and it got me thinking.

With the impending release of Project:M Demo 2, how many of you are actually interested in picking the game up for realsies? You'll have access to a pretty large number of the characters at any time, both vets and newcomers, and I'll be around to let you guys experiment with the WIP's from time to time. I know Josh has a very specific complaint about PM right now, which has been echoed by a few other people I talk to and is being investigated. But I think there's enough awesomeness in store for you all to really get down and dirty with your first new experience in a Melee-type environment in several years. How many of you are interested in this?

Kevin, Marth is ****ing silly btw. I played Mow in Marth dittos for 3 hours a couple weeks ago, and they were just as fun as Melee.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I haven't played much PM. I played it at the winterfest, and it was a lot of fun, although something felt wrong about Ganon. I'm not sure what it was, I just know it felt wrong.

I'd be interested in picking it up if I had a copy of Brawl. Unfortunately I don't own the game, and I don't want to spend $40 on a used one. I could run it off my flash drive, but I'd feel bad about that.

EDIT: Is there a chance we might have a PM tournament at the next NCSU after Demo2 comes out? Because that would be pretty cool.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Whats wrong with ganon in PM is he is ****ing broken.

Side B tech chase is a fifty fifty mixup

anyone who thought that was even remotely okay is bat**** insane.

mm my ganon in that game lmao.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I know Ganon's really good, there's just something about him that feels wrong. I'd have to spend more time with him to work out what it is, which I might do once Demo2 comes out.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I haven't played much PM. I played it at the winterfest, and it was a lot of fun, although something felt wrong about Ganon. I'm not sure what it was, I just know it felt wrong.
A lot of the time it comes down to visual cues. Ganon in PM is beefier than Melee Ganon, so even though a lot of animations are pulled from Melee, the frame they're ported on to makes them still seem awkward.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You're right, that's probably it. Melee Ganon is all awesome and manly, while Brawl Ganon is a fat overweight loser. That would explain what felt wrong about him.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Just put some Melee vertexes on him.

Note that it still won't be 100% melee ganon. Ftilt is Brawl ftilt, Dark Dive still has the Brawl animation, and obviously, sideb is still the advancing grab. Overall, I'd say PM Ganon should feel like he's about 84% Melee Ganon. The rest you'll just have to get used to.

vZakat

Half Genie
I've recently realized that Ganon is my lest favorite match up ever with Roy.

Just felt like letting y'all know...

Top Bottom