• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I want to host stuff, but I'd have to do a bit of pavement pounding to find a venue in the Cary area.

And I'm a lazy ****er, so that doesn't really jibe.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
All I'd need to do is find a venue and use TIO on my laptop, right? I could try to do that. Or, I could just be like Stingers and use the Bragaw Activity Room. I don't know if they'd let me, since I haven't started at NCSU yet, but I have already committed myself to going.

lord karn

Smash Master
I could ask my dad about hosting another tournament at his house, although it wouldn't be something regular.

Also, I kind of want to go to the tourney in Richmond. When is it?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
All I'd need to do is find a venue and use TIO on my laptop, right? I could try to do that. Or, I could just be like Stingers and use the Bragaw Activity Room. I don't know if they'd let me, since I haven't started at NCSU yet, but I have already committed myself to going.
Yes that'd be it! Course it'd be cool if you tried to get people to come and had setups to bring, but as long as we have tourneys then it'd still be legit imo lol.

I could look into that.

I could ask my dad about hosting another tournament at his house, although it wouldn't be something regular.

Also, I kind of want to go to the tourney in Richmond. When is it?
still cool

man I gotta figure this VA thing out lolz

I would be willing to look at running something around Greensboro, but don't have setups really or really know how to go about it.
You don't HAVE to have setups, but it'd help a lot. Craigslist is the way to go to get TVs anyway(DJ strat).

For venue hunting, you basically just drive around your city. When you see a gaming center or some location that you feel would be gaming-friendly, you simply go in and talk to the owner of the building about running the event. Figure out how much it'll cost you to run the event. If you think you can make that through venue fee, then you call the man back and tell him you'll run the event.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Stingers, if you're reading this, what would I have to do to apply to use the activity room?

PP, I assume everyone will bring setups, since they bring setups to Stingers' NCSU events.

We don't need to have Brawl. Just Melee and Project M. That way we have more time for cool stuff, like Low-Tier tournaments, Cactuar's ruleset, Crews, and so on.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Raph, if you run P:M as well that'll just count as 2 games and we won't get a lot done in time lol. That is, unless you're willing to get harsh on people. I don't mind P:M being substituted for like a side event like crews or cactuar's ruleset or low tier things or wonky teams etc, but making it a staple may make you wind up with less time than you think.

Eh, that's talk for when the thread is made I suppose. I'll enter P:M if it's a side event I guess lol. I just think we need more Melee tourneys so this'll be good either way. =)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was thinking of PM as a side event/one setup for it that people can play on.

This all depends on me being able to find a venue. If it's possible for me to use Bragaw, I'll do that. Otherwise I'll find another venue. I don't have a job, though, so I need to find something cheap enough that I won't lose much money if a small number of people show up.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's in Raleigh dude. Just secure good dates and talk to NC about going/keep the thread hype up. You'll be fine on turnout usually lol. Especially if you can keep the side events good.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Fair warning, if I do anything, I'll stop doing Melee entirely once P:M and Fighting is Magic are out, and I'll run those games exclusively.

Top Bottom