• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
lol @ the zelda thing, that's not hardcore. that's just over the top attempts and being frustrating. Kinda stupid.
but megaman is ****ing awesome wtf you guys haven't played them?
I like battle network games too

vZakat

Half Genie
I love magaman but saying megaman x2 is better than super metroid is just dumb IMO. I don't think bombing everything in a game makes it hard or even interesting for that matter. It's just a tedious thing to make you play the game longer. Megaman isn't even that high on the list of hard games. There are much harder games you could be playing.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I thought portal was challenging
but I'm *** at video games sooooo
but I never thought megaman was challenging, ever
weird.
super metroid is the best game though

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MegaMan always seemed like a swell guy

:phone:
He really is.

Your argument is invalid.
I would say spending about 6 months of your life somewhere total gives you a decent chance to catch up on the local colour. I live in Omaha, NE. Council Bluffs, IA, is less than a 15 minute drive from my house. I go into Iowa on accident and I actually worked in Iowa for a while.

Me visiting NC like twice and making a judgement would make it invalid.

Also, the Panthers are my 2nd favorite football team
The (Charlotte) NO Hornets are my favorite team, followed by the Charlotte Bobcats.
I've been a Tar Heel fan since I was born basically. Prefer to watch ACC over big (10/12) basketball probably 23/26 years in my life.

lol @ the zelda thing, that's not hardcore. that's just over the top attempts and being frustrating. Kinda stupid.
but megaman is ****ing awesome wtf you guys haven't played them?
I like battle network games too
This man knows whats up.

I really hope people didn't take my "You should bomb and burn everything" comment too seriously...

rob, thats not being good at video games, thats just brute forcing them.
mother ****er
lol, looks like you did.

Xenosaga is good though, not quite Xenogears but pretty godly none the less. Can't wait for Xenoblade to come to the states.

I love magaman but saying megaman x2 is better than super metroid is just dumb IMO. I don't think bombing everything in a game makes it hard or even interesting for that matter. It's just a tedious thing to make you play the game longer. Megaman isn't even that high on the list of hard games. There are much harder games you could be playing.
#1-Mega Man X2 is better than Super Metroid. It's not even close.

Mega Man X2 has better controls. Better level design. No serious back tracking if you play the game right (without glitching the game, unlike SM) (meaning that you only have to go back to one level to get 100%, the heart tank is at the front of the level, unlike MMX where you have to die 5 times before you can even get 100%). Mega Man X2 has better music (this is debatable, I like metal). X2 has better bosses.

Samus, as a character, is really fun to control, so I might give SM better game physics. However, X2 has the mid-air dash, which is so good it's not even funny. I'd argue that SM has better replay value due to all of the hidden secrets. But X2 has fun hidden stuff too. SM probably has better mood to it, since that's what it's about, feeling your environment.

If you go back and read the old argument Ph00t and I had, there's more but I'll just add this one thing.

Tech Skill. Up until about a year ago I wouldn't bring this up because SM had more tech skill.

Mega Man X2 has more tech skill than SM. X2 has so much tech skill that the worlds best player (Tiki) can't even do a proper speed run of the game without messing up. TBH, I can't even do it, there are only about 3 players in the world who can do it, none consistantly, and about 20 people who have witnessed it. Gotta watch those X streams.

There is a glitch in X2 that allows you to use the chargeshot to cancel your mid-air dash, making the game think you are standing on the ground for a split frame, allowing you to jump again.

(love to see melee people argue against tech skill)

#2-LOL @ people taking me seriously.

TBH, even though I love classic Zelda and how frustrating it was, LTTP was the better engine and did things for the most part perfectly.

LTTP is my vote for the best game of all time if I had to get rid of all Mega Man games.

#3-I never said Mega Man is the hardest. It's hard, but not the hardest.

Ninja Gaiden is harder then Mega Man. Also, Ninja Gaiden is also better than SM in my opinion.

Megaman x2 is better than super metroid

**** wit me

Dylan knows whats up.

F-Zero GX, Battletoads.. they are both in my top 10 hardest games.
Eh, Battletoads is tough if you are playing 2 player because you can't really beat it without having one player warp off the screen.

GX is ****ing hard, though.

super metroid is the best game
Super Metroid isn't even the best 2D metroid, I like Fusion better.

I thought portal was challenging
but I'm *** at video games sooooo
but I never thought megaman was challenging, ever
weird.
super metroid is the best game though
Megaman isn't challenging if you select cheat. Try beating Megaman 1 without it.

in conclusion. I find it funny that you guys took more offense to me saying that Star Fox isn't very good considering that the Star Fox character boards showed less spine than you guys did. Bravo.

I just love going onto a Nintendo Fanboy website and trashing games and watching the response.

$mike

Smash Ace
Super Metroid isn't even the best 2D metroid, I like Fusion better.
they're both amazingly good, but the GBA 2D metroids don't feel as good as super to me, plus other aspects of super being better anyway.

1. super
2. prime 1
3. prime 2
4. fusion
5. zero mission
6. prime 3
7. hunters

8. the rest

super is better than the entire X series of megaman combined, my dude

carry on

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Wipe the nostalgia from your eyes. There's a reason I think Mega Man 9 is the best in the classic series. Newer games can be better, so long as they are just rehash of an old engine.

Mega Man X2 is just that damn good, but if Capcom were to make a new X game that was just the SNES engine but refined, holy **** that would have potential to make me drop out of college to play mega man all over again.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Flame flame....flame.....ON!

All opinions are biased, no one is right, nor is anyone wrong.

I honestly have never touched a Metroid game, but I've played just about every Mega Man game in existence (even the ****ty DS battle network games), so of course my opinion would be biased as well.

A video game is merely for enjoyment. Why try to prove which one is better?

It's like saying apples are better than oranges, but in reality we all know that its based on preference.

vZakat

Half Genie
Yes, they are opinions but I like to hear why people form the opinions they have.

Back tracking is no where near as prominent in SM as it is in the other metroids (prime series). In the later metroids, the back tracking is used to give an illusion of open endedness by spreading out the path but in reality they are quite linear. It's basically a linear game that's not played in a strait line. SM on the other hand, metroid's level design was made to be more like exploring a world with no set path. There is definitely an implied path but it's easy to stray away from that path (intentionally or otherwise) and do things in a different order. I'm more than certain that most people have different experiences they're first time with SM because of the many different ways you can go. Comparing level design of SM and MMX2 is rather difficult though because they have different intentions for the purpose of the levels.

I'm actually rather curious about these MMX2 advanced techs. I got pretty into speed running SM so I know a lot of the tricks and some of them are not easy. There are several techniques in super that are used for one room only like kago balling, or glitching through the zebites. Not to mention all the standard stuff like mach balling, arm pumping, quick/short charging, and wall jumping. Or the techniques used only in certain challenge runs like continuous wall jumping, infinite/horizontal bomb jumping, and x-ray climbing. Or techniques used only on bosses like the wave beam combo, murder beam, and forced blue suit. No one is even close to being consistent enough to pull of a perfect run. The best console run is full of mistakes and is set at 31mins. With savestates the best a human can do is 29mins but that is impossible in a single segment run.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
lol @ Rob's whole argument why Megaman X2 is better.

So guys, today a black dude asked me if our condoms ever go on sale, because paying for his kid cost too much.

Also, he called me chief.

*CT*

Smash Lord
@vZ- Yeah Megaman in general is just going to the right, jump and shoot and then memorizing the bosses weakness, if you play it a lot you'll pick one of the easiest bosses then go from that cycle of "Rock, Paper, Scissors": There's a few extra things in the X Series that you can do, but it's not like Megaman Zero series (GBA) or the ZX series (DS) where its semi-RPG and not as linear as the X series.

I might try out some of the Metroid series. I grew up as a Playstation boy and didn't get into Nintendo products until I was like 15.

I forgot what else I was going to say, studying at the library all night is messing with my thought process. Oh I remember; even if Megaman is inferior to Metroid, I know that Sonic has to be like the dead last....I mean all you really do is dash/spin your way through stages for the most part. (Speed runs are fun in Sonic though/ glitching through portions of the stage)

Advance Wars wins it all in my book, its not nearly as old, but still really fun, especially when you play against others.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You can't compare X-2 with SM? Wtf.. lol. 2 completely different games with different purposes.

However, you made it seem like Battletoads is much easier than F-Zero GX, which I think is incorrect. I made it to the tower in Battletoads only a couple times but never the last boss, you don't have many chances in that game.

vZakat

Half Genie
They definitely can be compared, it's just that I haven't played x2 in a long time and don't want to go analyzing it on my memory. I would also say that x2 is more than just run right, jump, and shoot. Haven't you seen Egoraptor's Sequelitis?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The original Megamans were pretty much run, jump and shoot, though.

They shoulda just called it Jumpandshootman.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
They definitely can be compared, it's just that I haven't played x2 in a long time and don't want to go analyzing it on my memory. I would also say that x2 is more than just run right, jump, and shoot. Haven't you seen Egoraptor's Sequelitis?
How can they be compared? It's like saying we can compare Melee to Brawl, you can't because it's 2 different mechanics and things aren't at all the same.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I just realized I've been playing Nintendo games since before several of you were born. I feel old.
haha, was there any zelda, mario bros, spy hunter, life force, top gun, ghosts and goblins, or tetris involved? Nes was, and still is awesome. it's been months since I've played melee, but I load up old games on occasion...I think I'm on the 8th world in the 2nd quest with LoZ :>

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You can't compare X-2 with SM? Wtf.. lol. 2 completely different games with different purposes.

However, you made it seem like Battletoads is much easier than F-Zero GX, which I think is incorrect. I made it to the tower in Battletoads only a couple times but never the last boss, you don't have many chances in that game.
I mean, I don't really know how challenging battletoads or most NES games are because I've beaten the majority of them, and a lot of the good ones, difficult ones, I have beaten multiple times and it's not quite fair for me to judge since I know whats coming and can prepare for stuff.

Battletoads is a hard game, but I'm not sure if it's much difficult than any game if you play it enough.

(beaten about 500 NES games, not emulated, I worked at a video game store for a few years though so it's kind of unfair).

haha, was there any zelda, mario bros, spy hunter, life force, top gun, ghosts and goblins, or tetris involved? Nes was, and still is awesome. it's been months since I've played melee, but I load up old games on occasion...I think I'm on the 8th world in the 2nd quest with LoZ :>

Life Force is sooooo good. Best in the gradious series imo.

The 8th dungeon in the master quest is really difficult. Thankfully ganon's dungeon is pretty linear if you have been paying attention to all of the gimmicks the game throws at you in the master quest. Like walking through walls, fake no-map points, etc...

*CT*

Smash Lord
How can they be compared? It's like saying we can compare Melee to Brawl, you can't because it's 2 different mechanics and things aren't at all the same.
I concur with this.

@Phoot- I mean back in the day weren't most games just running or jumping and some shooting.

Mario- Run, Jump, shoot fire balls.
Sonic - Run....no spinning involved at all until #2 iirc; and jumping
Megman- Run, Jump, shoot, use super special powers after killing a boss.
Ranger X- Hovering, riding in vehicles, shooting various weapons. (I randomly thought of this game and just wanted to put it in here)

I mean so with this shouldn't Mario, Sonic and Megaman just be theadventuresofjumpandshooting

@Rap-I mean for the sake of keeping debating going, yeah.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I concur with this.

@Phoot- I mean back in the day weren't most games just running or jumping and some shooting.

Mario- Run, Jump, shoot fire balls.
Sonic - Run....no spinning involved at all until #2 iirc; and jumping
Megman- Run, Jump, shoot, use super special powers after killing a boss.
Ranger X- Hovering, riding in vehicles, shooting various weapons. (I randomly thought of this game and just wanted to put it in here)

I mean so with this shouldn't Mario, Sonic and Megaman just be theadventuresofjumpandshooting

@Rap-I mean for the sake of keeping debating going, yeah.
Running and jumping got you killed in Metal Gear. Shooting was usually a bad idea, too.

Mostly it was crawl and chokehold.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So today I've been called Raphael, Raph, Ralph, and Rap. I think that's a new record. Raphael as also been mispronounced as Raphiiel, so that could count as another one.

Top Bottom