• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Everytime I hear someone say RR the first thing that pops into my head is a railroad. So then I start looking for a railroad, and it takes me a minute to realize they're talking to me.

Also, that's one more name for today.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yo robo, how's those wavelands coming along?
Practically perfect. I only miss them when I'm warming up. Same goes for wavedashes and double jump platform dashes. Ledgedashes on the right hand side are fairly good, and ledgedashes on the left hand side need work.

This is all at my usual speed, though. If I were to play PP again (I definitely want to Ganon ditto you at NCSU, by the way) I'd be a lot less consistent, because of me trying to play faster than I currently can. I'm a lot better than I was at the Winterfest, though.

And Robo makes another name. This day has to be a record breaking day, or something.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Good. I had a lot of fun in our previous dittos, despite almost never landing a hit on you. I'm planning to take at least one stock off your Ganon this time.

It's a lot of fun being forced to think and react that quickly, in my opinion. It pushes me really far outside of my comfort zone. I know I can think quickly enough, so I'm mostly focusing on improving my reaction times so my character can keep up with my head.

EDIT: I was watching videos of my Ganon from the day before the winterfest today. I was really surprised by how much my Ganon's changed since then. I was like "Did I really miss that L-cancel?" "Did I really not fast fall there?" "Single jumping to a platform dash is so slow." "Was I really this bad?" "I can barely wavedash with Kirby." "I'm 3 stocking my friends with Ganon and 2 stocking them with Kirby. Are they really that bad?" and more. On the other hand, I was able to write about how Ganon is incredibly manly as part of my english assignment, so that's something good.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm...if you're really as smooth as you say, one of these days i'll have to get my tv out of my trunk and start practicing this game like i used to...

guhhhh i'm sposta be good, but i'm bad, but i'm...decent...but i'm still bad...=/

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I try to do at least 20 minutes practice a day on all that stuff, just to make sure I don't forget how to do it, and can keep improving. I've stopped practicing at school for the most part, since the lag on my laptop (it's a lot less than on an HDTV) really screws me over now. I feel like at 10 minutes a day is necessary to make sure I don't forget anything, and any extra time helps me improve. So Chris, practice 10 minutes a day.

And yeah, seeing noticeable improvement is awesome. It's funny to think back to three months ago when I didn't know it was possible to attack while I was in the air and came to this website hoping to find something that would challenge me, since Level 9s were boring. I'm slightly better than that now.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i used to go for at least a half hour or so to keep my wavelands tight. now i can't play ganon on fd cause i don't trust my grounded wavelands like i should lol.

what i am, is NC's barline. if you're better than me, you have a shot at being good. if you're not, then you need work lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol dj did hold that 10 spot down for mad long.

and once theo is back and beating me, and twitch moves up, the best i'm looking at is the 10 spot in the future, and that's being optimistic.

monochrome looking mad emo, but mad realistic right now.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
DJ practically is the 10th spot on our PR's. What's funnier is he practically is the barline because of his style.

I can practically hear him saying, "You must overcome the gay, then you can begin to play." Until then he just CC shines your feet every time you try to get back on the stage.

DJ for gatekeeper of NC.

Also, after dinner with Alex and Jenny last night and I went and played with Cam for a while. Amazing how mentally exhausting super fast pace Falco dittos get after a while. Need to do that once a week in the future to stay sharp. >_>

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
twice in a row josh tried to dash grab me with fox

what did i do?

i DD rested.

i DD rested his dash grab

twice in a row

*takes a shower*

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
yeah that's what my alter egos were like...

(some weren't impressed, obv)

shoutouts to yay though

i did the same thing to him like a year ago

probably the most embarrassing thing in the game is getting immediate-dashback-dashforward rested on your spacey's ****ty *** idea of approaching

UNDERESTIMATED

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I wanna be the guy behind pp and taheem. :(

Actually, no, I'd be this face if it were in there:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I just realized I'm taller than all of you in that picture. Height is directly proportional to Melee skill, right?

Top Bottom