• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

lord karn

Smash Master
Of course it didn't. ;]

I've had many many fantastic moments and appreciations of my sight, as well as the aid of others. This one was just unexpected and I think it's an interesting experiment to try for yourself so I thought I'd share.

Alex: Really? I'll have to check him out. Any suggestion on works?

Also, I finally finished reading an Illustrated Brief History of Time by Hawking today. So good. Starting The Universe in a Nutshell now.
Yeah, as everyone has said, probably Lolita. I actually haven't read any Nabokov, but Jenny just finished reading it and said it's really good. He's mostly known for his really evocative, synesthetic language.

Also, I was thinking about having people over on Sunday for an Apex viewing type thing. Anyone interested?

*CT*

Smash Lord
I'll be living in Raleigh @ NCSU dorms, but I'm not bringing my car up there for the Spring, but I'd love to start hanging out with smashers again.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I'm actually getting kinda excited to read it now. I'm about to go reread that link I posted a page or two back again. I really have been needing to sit down with a good fiction lately. Since I finished a Brief History of Time finally, I'm torn between working on Universe in a Nutshell or Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. Brothers Karamazov and now Lolita too.

I really probably need to not be social for a month or two and just read a lot of books. It takes me too long to get through stuff in the pattern I do it now.

lord karn

Smash Master
I'm actually getting kinda excited to read it now. I'm about to go reread that link I posted a page or two back again. I really have been needing to sit down with a good fiction lately. Since I finished a Brief History of Time finally, I'm torn between working on Universe in a Nutshell or Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. Brothers Karamazov and now Lolita too.

I really probably need to not be social for a month or two and just read a lot of books. It takes me too long to get through stuff in the pattern I do it now.
The brothers Karamazov is the best novel I've ever read. Cloud Atlas is perhaps the most impressive novel I have ever read. As far as most entertaining to read, I'd go with something by Haruki Murakami (I can lend you something of his). I've never felt more similar and in tune with a character than I have with Murakami's protagonists.

BEHR

Smash Hero
so watching apex makes me wanna get back in the scene a bit

for melee and brawl. :o

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Watching Apex makes me want to Kirby ditto someone. Which is weird, because I haven't seen anyone play Kirby.

It also makes Brawl look interesting. Which is weird, because those two words can't be in the same sentence.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Wow javi's fox is on that pure uncut **** straight out Bolivia. I'd like to see javi vs armada $100 MM lol

Kev you looked nervous. We love you bro. You can take him, and you had armada.

I hate watching campy young links run and throw bombs. I wish Juan would have pulled it off.

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
What happened during GFs? I fell asleep at the start of set 2, next thing I knew Nietono was throwing pikmin at Ally.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Armada went young stink. was up 2-0, hbox comes back to win 3-2. Second set he got 3-1'd??? Just nonstop camping, half the matches went to time out. Jiggs could hardly ever approach with that teenage elf tossing bombs and boomerangs like there's no tomorrow, and young pink would essentially never approach unless a bomb hit... sometimes even if he was down and time was running out, lol

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Thanks for the summary. Glad to see all I missed was more YL/HBox. While I enjoy watching that matchup, it gets boring after the first 3 games, and then I'd rather watch Olimars in Brawl.

CT, you're at state, right? I'm starting there this fall, so you better watch out for my Ganon.

$mike

Smash Ace
i just wanna point out that what's been posted recently was certainly not "shots fired"

***** if anyone wants to get exposed take to the ranking thread

or pp's discussion thread

shots fired everywhere

*CT*

Smash Lord
Nah I won't be at NCSU after this semester, I'll be in IET (Basic and AIT) in the Army Reserve for about 64 weeks starting around June 19th. But after that I might be back at NCSU to finish up, it matters if they give me credit for my job training (one year of medical training that the army will cram into my brain is supposed to equate to two years of college or something stupid)

I'll be in the boonies of Ft.Sill, OK and then Ft.Sam (San Antonio, TX) then maybe one more army base with a large medical facility if I have a decent class rank at AIT.

Top Bottom