• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Izanami = the power to control destiny??
Well if its as simple as that then this fight better be over next chapter

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No, I would assume Kabuto is forced into the exact same loop: water drips shoulder, clashes with Itachi as he calls out "Izanami", Itachi vanishes to crows, backup to area around cracks, etc.

If you noticed in the last panel, Kabuto is literally trapped in that loop in his head. Kabuto is frozen there and Itachi and Sasuke are in front of him.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
It reminds me of when Kurama finally beat Elder Toguro in the Chapter Black arc in YYH

Thino

Smash Master
No, I would assume Kabuto is forced into the exact same loop: water drips shoulder, clashes with Itachi as he calls out "Izanami", Itachi vanishes to crows, backup to area around cracks, etc.

If you noticed in the last panel, Kabuto is literally trapped in that loop in his head. Kabuto is frozen there and Itachi and Sasuke are in front of him.
yea but I believe that Kabuto is still in control of what he does with that genjutsu or else even itachi will be stuck there forever with Izanami

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
yea but I believe that Kabuto is still in control of what he does with that genjutsu or else even itachi will be stuck there forever with Izanami
Not sure what you mean by "still in control of what he does with that genjutsu". Who is "he"? Itachi activated Izanami and trapped Kabuto in the loop. When you use genjutsu you aren't physically there to your target, the same way Itachi isn't really there in the loop, because that's all in Kabuto's mind.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'd assume you can't actually escape Izanami because of the loop, but you can for Tsukuyomi (Sasuke vs. Itachi). They are both genjutsu that cause psychological damage but I think you can't alter the loop of Izanami after the jutsu has been activated, opposed to Tsukuyomi which can always be altered (Itachi's Tsukuyomi glitching the perception of time, for example).

But in context, definitely seems like Izanami is just a direct upgrade.

Thino

Smash Master
Not sure what you mean by "still in control of what he does with that genjutsu". Who is "he"? Itachi activated Izanami and trapped Kabuto in the loop. When you use genjutsu you aren't physically there to your target, the same way Itachi isn't really there in the loop, because that's all in Kabuto's mind.
What i meant is, despite the loop, kabuto still somehow figures out that there's something wrong and that the same things are happening over and over.

If he (kabuto) doesn't or is unable to change his actions inside the genjutsu, which would go against him being able to change his destiny as itachi mentioned, he (itachi, outside the genjutsu) will also be stuck holding kabuto's head forever.

Both of which don't really help in stopping edo tensei

:phone:

Gaara♥

Smash Master
so if this loop is only in kabutos head, doesnt that mean that sasuke and or itachi are free to ........ do something?? i dont know what they can do actually lol

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What i meant is, despite the loop, kabuto still somehow figures out that there's something wrong and that the same things are happening over and over.
That makes sense though. In Tsukuyomi, you become aware that you are being tortured even though there's no (direct) physical damage being done. In Izanami, you become aware that you are in a neverending looop even though there's no (direct) physical damage being done.

Thino said:
If he (kabuto) doesn't or is unable to change his actions inside the genjutsu, which would go against him being able to change his destiny as itachi mentioned, he (itachi, outside the genjutsu) will also be stuck holding kabuto's head forever.

Both of which don't really help in stopping edo tensei
Izanami (described as a genjutsu which decides fate) was cast on Kabuto, meaning the infinite loop is a genjutsu being replayed in Kabuto's mind. Like Itachi said, his (Kabuto's) fate was decided (by Itachi), since now Kabuto is trapped forever. Itachi used Izanami and decided Kabuto's destiny - the infinite loop (and subsequently what happens during) is irrelevant, the important aspect is that it renders the target completely motionless - shutting down Kabuto completely. From what I see, the only effect this has on Itachi is that he loses one eye completely. I think the last panel with Itachi touching Kabuto's head is merely additional emphasis, like patting the head.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm wondering if it's even possible for members with Eternal Mangekyo to even use Izanagi / Izanami, because being able to use those techniques repeatedly seems way too OP, even for the broken raging eyeballs of fury.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I dunno, man.

The freaking Kyuubi's tail movements are supposedly powerful enough to create tsunamis, and Naruto has done some pretty bonkers **** playing host to that power.

Nothing seems to have a limit in this series.

Smooth Criminal

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm wondering if it's even possible for members with Eternal Mangekyo to even use Izanagi / Izanami, because being able to use those techniques repeatedly seems way too OP, even for the broken raging eyeballs of fury.
It looks like using it destoys an eye.

So I guess that's the price.

Itachi is OP, he dies, get his eyes removed.

Comes back with same eyes and with more powerful techniques.

Was he training in the afterlife?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yes, the result is the loss of light from the eye which casts Izanagi / Izanami, so that's why I'm curious if it'd even work via Eternal Mangekyo, since no light can be lost.

Edo Tensei regenerates the abilities of the deceased, including Kekkei Genkai, which is why Itachi has Sharingan. The same with Nagato and his Rinnegan. I'd assume Itachi kept Izanami and the other techniques like the Sword Of Totsuka and the Yata Mirror for his Susann'o for emergency situations.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
surely you can just type in 'read naruto online' and it'll come up?

alternatively, download all the chapters up to date in better quality (coughmangatraderscough)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Uh Naruto is immune to genjustsu considering he has a tailed beast inside of him that is cooperating and can smack him out of it with his separate chi. Kabuto may be able to do something similar perhaps because he has a bunch of people inside of him (well, somewhat, not sure if it can still be applied).

It doesn't seem like the are literally stuck in the loop if they can talk and say different things in each loop. ???

As for being a direct upgrade, not exactly, considering the other one after it ends literally drains them mentally from the mental torture, this just seems to trap someone. I'm not sure Itachi can do anything unless he was able to do anything while he was torturing ****-eyed sensei with Tsukuyomi. Either way Sasuke is free to do whatever he wishes.

I don't know, I'm just plain confused. Must shut off the Naruto part of my brain for now and just wait till next week.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Why is Naruto so ****ing OP now? ****ing EVERYTHING is overpowered as ****. Controlling destiny? Get the **** outta here.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wait, you are shocked that tailed beasts and plot-device eyes are overpowered?

Did you just start reading or something? XD

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Dang, it won't play no matter how much I refresh and such. Oddly I have no problem with any other video on YouTube. =/ I'll unfortunately miss a good number of episodes because I'll be on the boat for 2 months but when I get back I'll have plenty to watch.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Uh Naruto is immune to genjustsu considering he has a tailed beast inside of him that is cooperating and can smack him out of it with his separate chi. Kabuto may be able to do something similar perhaps because he has a bunch of people inside of him (well, somewhat, not sure if it can still be applied).
Kabuto is just infused with DNA from the entire population of China, so it's probably not the same. Besides, Izanami affects regardless of the senses, so my guess would be that it'd influence the Kyuubi the same way although I don't see Itachi using Izanami on Naruto.

Why is Naruto so ****ing OP now? ****ing EVERYTHING is overpowered as ****. Controlling destiny? Get the **** outta here.
Hey grumpypants, where were you when Izanagi was introduced? Or the beginning of the series, for that matter.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I think people are focusing too much on the possibility of using Izanami on Naruto.

The mangekyou can control the Nine Tails. Naruto is more reliant on the Nine Tails than ever before. Hooray for plot twists that guarantee even fights between Sasuke and Naruto. :/

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's assuming Sasuke somehow extracts the Kyuubi from Naruto? Yes, Naruto is reliant on the Kyuubi but that's to synchronize between the two, so the Kyuubi's just inside Naruto.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So, as I predicted, Itachi wouldn't be stuck as it's all psychological to the target. Obviously I couldn't explain how since we'd only seen so little but.

Stopping Edo Tensei will be interesting though.

Top Bottom