• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

D13

Smash Ace
I watched the show pretty regularly when I was in middle school. Then I sort of grew out of it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
maybe u outgrew it lol

when i started naruto at 14 i was so hooked. i could relate to some chars, esp shikamaru

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it's the opposite with soul eater.

the first 3 introductory episodes were, IMO, the best in the entire series.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I suppose, but I wasn't a big fan of the characters, like I said before.
I don't know, I find myself able to relate to the Naruto cast a helluva lot better than most characters that come out of the Eastern Think Tank for fiction. If you followed the series, you'd be surprised by it. Most of the characters have shown an amazing capacity for growth that, if you sat down and thought about it, it made perfect sense for their character. This especially goes for the main ones, particularly Naruto and Sasuke.

This isn't Bleach where
Ichigo is STILL blathering on about his sense of fair play, even though he is up against these freakin' monstrosities that have clearly demonstrated that they don't give a **** about it. My example? The last fight between Ichigo and Uluquiorra. When Ichigo had realized that his Hollow form did most of the damage to Uluquiorra, he insisted that Uluquiorra even out the odds by chopping an arm and leg off of him too (since that was the kind of damage Uluqiorra had taken). I freakin' facepalmed at that scene.

There's a number of other small things that bother me when it comes to character development, too. Particularly centering around Ichigo. I'd rather not get into it in this thread. I would also like to mention that I do watch/read Bleach also and enjoy it, but I'm being nitpicky. (Edit)

About the only think that Kishimoto yanked my chain on was Gaara's development.
I know this is a common fact among those that have followed the series, but how could someone like Gaara obtain a position like Kazekage in the first place? He was a sociopath! He's also clearly demonstrated that he has a hard time relating to people, even now. 'Course that makes the more politically savvy members of Suna's government more liable to reduce his position to a "figurehead" status, but still.

it's the opposite with soul eater.

the first 3 introductory episodes were, IMO, the best in the entire series.
I agree with this one hundred percent. I watched Soul Eater up until about Episode 9 and lost interest. The first three episodes were absolutely ****ing gold, tho'.

Smooth Criminal

soap

Smash Hero
after the time skip gaara really seemed to mature and i think he is a great leader.

i guess it has something to do with naruto beating some sense into his *** in part 1.

but like at the kage conference, gaara seems so cool and confident. especially when compared to these clowns like the raikage and tsuchikage.

Ichigo's character i never understand. He doesnt have much of a personality imo. hes still cool i guess

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
About the only think that Kishimoto yanked my chain on was Gaara's development.
I know this is a common fact among those that have followed the series, but how could someone like Gaara obtain a position like Kazekage in the first place? He was a sociopath! He's also clearly demonstrated that he has a hard time relating to people, even now. 'Course that makes the more politically savvy members of Suna's government more liable to reduce his position to a "figurehead" status, but still.

Smooth Criminal
It was to show how much of an affect Naruto had on him. He was also the strongest ninja in the village =o.

I agree completely on the Ichigo thing =/

KROE

Smash Cadet
Naruto is beautiful! Hinata is sweet, and the show just has, I don't know but somehwat of a lovely connection that you can almost relate to in your own life, <3

And if not, well it has in mine ='{

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Recently i went to a party and i saw some 8-9 year old relatives roleplaying Naruto.

If I were a Naruto fan i'd be ashamed of myself.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I saw these adults dressed and role playing as batman and joker in the park. (The outfits didn't even fit...kind of disturbing)

I would be ashamed if I were a fan of Batman.

*Is a fan of Batman*

KROE

Smash Cadet
Naruto Is getting interesting now, some interesting things are going on as well, I can't wait to see this week's episode! =3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hahah that's why I love Luffy in One Piece. You honestly never know if he's gonna make it :p. The only reason you kinda have a feeling he's gonna pull through is because he's the protagonist. But man, he's been through hell and back (literally).

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sasuke is going to win hands down or interrupted during the fight stated earlier before. But what I want to know is why the Akatsuki betrayed Sasuke one of my theory's is that Madara wants Sasuke's eyes. But other than that I'm stumped.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
if madara wanted sasukes eyes he would take them himself.

he wants sasuke to be more dark and emo
No remember if Madara used his Sharinggan on Sasuke the Amaterasu would activate.

Edit: also what about Zetsu is he Dead (at least his white halve) or did he survive? personally i think the latter.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
zetsu is very much alive lol

and madara only wants sasuke to be a part of his plan to destroy konoha lol

soap

Smash Hero
i thought that ametarasu was a one time thing?

also madara at this point would **** sasuke without his mangekyou

i don't know what madaras plan is, he could prolly solo konoha honestly.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm yeah it seems like it. ur right, i really wonder what he really wants with sasuke haha. maybe he thinks sasuke has more potential than him? like orochimaru? hm.... though madara seems very self centered and wants to glorify his own name rather than the uchiha name so i doubt it

and i think sasuke actually got amaterasu from itachi, after realizing how much love itachi really had for him and the uchiha name. when he realized that it was almost like a 'best friend' that he killed. just my theory lol, im sure after those moments where he found out uchiha's past, he became closer to itachi than he was to naruto

soap

Smash Hero
i thought itachi gave him ametarasu with the finger poke of haxx.

or maybe what u said.

im still curious about the crow he shoved down narutos throat. kinky itachi

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahaha oh yeah i forgot about that :O

and maybe ur right, i forgot about that finger poke too lol

ahhhh i feel like a noob :) im much more well-versed in one piece

soap

Smash Hero
i can't get into one piece.

it prolly gets better im sure, or so drephen tells me.

too many episodes to catch up on lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah for one piece i read the manga

i've been encouragd to watch the anime and i'm interested butttt

lol that's an investment of sooo many hours

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Sasuke is getting his *** rocked by Raikage. Go read it if you havent.

Yep. At least now we see that curse mark guy's 'kill mode'. Should be interesting.

I'm still more worried about how the heck sasuke killed all those samurai in the chapter before this. It seemed REALLY awesome, but then he never used it again...

Still, I like where this all is going.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I just want Sasuke to die _-_

Too bad will never happen =/
Sasuke's whats making this series go on ever if he's not the main character. Just think of it what would happen if Sasuke dies? Madara would be like I told you ha ha ha Naruto kills him and the Raikage (just because). and then Yamado and Kakashi act like the tailed beast control and take him down. They either seal Naruto up permanently or just kill him.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
if hokage 1 and 2 are bros, and tsunade is hokage 1s grandaughter. kakashi is hokage 2s son. kakashi and tsunade are related. kakashi is one generation older than tsunade, but is much younger. WTF!!!!??????

help me.

Top Bottom