• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naming MK's infinite cape glitch

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Which is stupid, because the DC has uses outside the IDC & edgeguarding. Also D.*.*.* has been banned as of Mic_128's post on the previous page. No sense in getting warned for not knowing.

Edit: Page 12, my mistake -.-

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
Infinite Dimensional Cape sounds like it should be the proper term for the maneuver, but calling it "Ghosting" casually, as a slang term seems more appropriate rather than saying "Oh look, he's IDC-ing!" or, "Oh look, he's infinite dimensional caping!"

Thus, I vote for... Ghosting.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
/facepalm

lol at repeated posts of recently banned acronym. >_>

Seriously, it was banned as of pg. 12. Just look before posting anything....questionable ^_^

acv

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Bamboozling considering the banning of my original vote

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
You guys should use the first letter of each word in the phrase Metaknights Infinite Dimensional Special.
This makes it Mids, which is also a kind of pasta sauce that is very good.
so, a quick little word, just say Mids, that should be it's name guys, it is easy, sounds catchy.
"Don't use the mids on me man!"
"Shut up crybaby!"

Bl4nk

Smash Cadet
You guys should use the first letter of each word in the phrase Metaknights Infinite Dimensional Special.
This makes it Mids, which is also a kind of pasta sauce that is very good.
so, a quick little word, just say Mids, that should be it's name guys, it is easy, sounds catchy.
"Don't use the mids on me man!"
"Shut up crybaby!"
"Don't use the **** on me man"

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Whatever you choose to call it, D.I.C.K. is no longer an option. Anyone using the abbreviation will be hit with censor dodging/innapropriate language. If there is continued use of it, the phrase will be added to the censored word-bank, and be auto-warned.

To reiterate: Any futher use of D.I.C.K after this post WILL be warned, throughout the forums.
Idc... Sensor meh on the boards... I'll still call it whateva I want to IRL...

unit182

Smash Apprentice
IDC-7
ghosting-29
vanishing-1

I can't think of anything. blah

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
IDC-5
D.I.C.K-20
ghosting-18
vanishing-1
Whatever you choose to call it, D.I.C.K. is no longer an option. Anyone using the abbreviation will be hit with censor dodging/innapropriate language. If there is continued use of it, the phrase will be added to the censored word-bank, and be auto-warned.

To reiterate: Any futher use of D.I.C.K after this post WILL be warned, throughout the forums.
And thus being-older-than-13 wins. Seriously, TWENTY votes before banning? Oh, the Smash boards....

acv

Smash Journeyman
it doesnt matter anymore the name as well as the technique are banned.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
it doesnt matter anymore the name as well as the technique are banned.
Well, I see some solutions:

1) Name it Ghosting. A lot more mature than... Our previous option. -.-;
2) Some tournies aren't that keen on glitches. So, they could unknowingly allow it.
3) IF the Meta Knight community could figure out a reasonable limit to Ghosting, tournies could allow it, just like they allow a small amount of shine stalling.

I secondary Meta Knight, don't hurt me.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman

My hero. <3

My vote now goes to ghosting.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
**** 222 posts over this
why not call it 'the inifinite cape glitch' or 'infinite cape' for short

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
**** 222 posts over this
why not call it 'the inifinite cape glitch' or 'infinite cape' for short
Because forums don't work that way!

Forums go for screwed up democracy and immature abbreviations.

;D

Ghoul555

Smash Rookie
I don't see the need to give this a name when it pretty much already has one. Dimensional Cape + infinite = Infinite Cape.

Words like "sex kick" and "wavedashing" make sense because they describe a certain property of a move (i.g. a sex kick is always the neutral air, but not all the neutral airs are sex kicks) or a sequence of moves. Even "shine" makes sense since wavedashing + Reflector doesn't sound too good.

Rising Pound stalling, Wall Bombing stalling... wouldn't Cape stalling fit right in?

ThrillCkr419

Smash Rookie
I like ghosting, too becuase it accurately decribes what he does (like most other techniques). Ghosts move around for as long as they want while invisible/invincible and can even attack you out of it (just like MK does).

unit182

Smash Apprentice
IDC-6
ghosting-32
vanishing-1
I think we need to find a way to hit MK out of it. If we do let's call it exorcising (sp?)

unit182

Smash Apprentice
there are going to have to be more votes otherwise I'll have to end this. Sorry for double post

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Ghosting.

IDC does seem catchy though but not vanishing. Vanishing is to vauge,

NinjaLAW1234

Smash Cadet
I vote for D.I.C.K. lol. People all over could possibly start D.I.C.K.ing at tournaments and the look on the non mk players face after you D.I.C.K. them to defeat...............................................Pricless!!!! :) :) :)

Oracle

Smash Master
I just call it incredibly gay.

But ghosting is pretty cool too. The other names don't sound as badass.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Why did this get bumped? "The IDC" or "MK's Infinite Cape" or "Ghosting" is fine.

Plus, it's banned, so who really cares.

[/thread]

Top Bottom