• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My thoughts on why Peach is falling behind in the metagame

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
jab-nair is NOT an infinite
Nair takes 4 frames to come out
shine takes one
:/
and DI'ng up would give you time to jump out
or attack them
What's the stun time on the first hit of the jab and when is the IASA frame?

You can only DI perpendicular to the knockback trajectory. If the trajectory of the attack sends you straight up, you can only DI straight left and right (with variations on distance, of course.) Holding up or down while being up-thrown by a Peach will have absolutely no effect on your knockback, and SDI does not apply since there is no hitlag. The only thing I don't remember off the top of my head is if ASDI will have any effect. The best thing you can do aside from staying as close to the center of the stage as possible (or getting off a platform) is to DI very slightly behind the Peach so she will have to either dashdance to grab or turn around without moving.

JFox

Smash Hero
Speaking of raynex's peach, I dont think I've ever combo'd a peach so hard as I did vs him. LOL, that match was so funny.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Has anybody ever thought to try and Toad lasers?

(I havent been paying attention to this thread at all beyond what I "should be doing")

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I was specifically talking about the one where falco would come in. Not like, all the time.

But if you read he's coming in behind a specific laser, you Toad that one.

-shrug-

I dunno, im just trying to help out i guess, maybe, no?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
If you know there's an attack, and it's coming at you, and you don't want to get out of the way, then toading it isn't a bad idea. It's like counter with marth, but it's slower, and does about twice the damage.

Samochan

Smash Master
Hm, I think we can totally forget this thread because peach isn't falling out of the metagame, least not on europe. Because peach just ****ing WON AN INTERNATIONAL EUROPEAN BIG TOURNAMENT! Lol this goes down in history. And did it with flying colors, simply ***** the competition. Armada is too good. <3

But if you wanna pull off the same as armada does, you need to..

a) Powershield falco's lasers 80% of the time and dodge/shield the rest. No kidding here, I'm serious.
b) Nair out of shield succesfully 60% of the time against falco's dair and on crucial spots for the ko, against pretty much everything else too (that means you too fox).
c) Smash di to shield/dodge against every fox dair you come across so they cannot shine combo you.
d) Smash di fox's uair with 70-80% accuracy.
e) **** the top tiers like armada does, especially marths. Goooo turnips.
f) Edgeguard space animals with 90% accuracy.
g) Get anti-combo di and survival di to the max
h) Play a good fox on corneria/green greens/pokefloats/whatever fox stage on fox ditto.

And lastly, pull of the most wtf amazing ridiculous armada super deluxe combos you can manage. Oh wait you guys can't, you're not armada. Sorry. :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Hm, I think we can totally forget this thread because peach isn't falling out of the metagame, least not on europe. Because peach just ****ing WON AN INTERNATIONAL EUROPEAN BIG TOURNAMENT! Lol this goes down in history. And did it with flying colors, simply ***** the competition. Armada is too good. <3

But if you wanna pull off the same as armada does, you need to..

a) Powershield falco's lasers 80% of the time and dodge/shield the rest. No kidding here, I'm serious.
b) Nair out of shield succesfully 60% of the time against falco's dair and on crucial spots for the ko, against pretty much everything else too (that means you too fox).
c) Smash di to shield/dodge against every fox dair you come across so they cannot shine combo you.
d) Smash di fox's uair with 70-80% accuracy.
e) **** the top tiers like armada does, especially marths. Goooo turnips.
f) Edgeguard space animals with 90% accuracy.
g) Get anti-combo di and survival di to the max
h) Play a good fox on corneria/green greens/pokefloats/whatever fox stage on fox ditto.

And lastly, pull of the most wtf amazing ridiculous armada super deluxe combos you can manage. Oh wait you guys can't, you're not armada. Sorry. :p
stfu and give us vids you stupid woman

<3 samochan

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I really do hope Armada shows up to Genesis. It'd be a shame if he didn't. :(

Composeur

Smash Ace
Well, I won't lie...it would be sublime to see him kick NTSC players' *****. If he held up he'd finally start getting some of the respect he deserves from the smash community...

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Been playing around with using Peach's neutral B and the first thing I can say is it's absolutely useless at high level play. If you're recovering and see an attack coming, you can use it to prevent trading hits with your nair, but the enemy should know better than to put himself in a situation in which hits can be traded to begin with.

The forward tilt, however, seems to have a bit of use in a matchup against Sheik, it can anti-air her spaced bairs and fairs pretty well if you can do it on reaction.

Samochan

Smash Master
Been playing around with using Peach's neutral B and the first thing I can say is it's absolutely useless at high level play. If you're recovering and see an attack coming, you can use it to prevent trading hits with your nair, but the enemy should know better than to put himself in a situation in which hits can be traded to begin with.
Eh, I did use toad against amsah and aldwyn. <_< And I think adam too. So not useless, it will always catch people by suprise lol.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Eh, I did use toad against amsah and aldwyn. <_< And I think adam too. So not useless, it will always catch people by suprise lol.
There's the problem. At this point in the metagame, if there is ever a situation in which you have the time to recover and get the toad out, they shouldn't be trying to continue the combo. It'd be plain stupid to go for an attack that won't connect, especially against a Peach when she can just nair the sh.it out of any followup you can possibly do.

On a different note, the first use does increase her horizontal momentum for recovery.

Samochan

Smash Master
There's the problem. At this point in the metagame, if there is ever a situation in which you have the time to recover and get the toad out, they shouldn't be trying to continue the combo. It'd be plain stupid to go for an attack that won't connect, especially against a Peach when she can just nair the sh.it out of any followup you can possibly do.

On a different note, the first use does increase her horizontal momentum for recovery.
Eh, I'm not talking about using it as a recovery move (even though I use it as that as well, since it beats stuff where nair would just trade hits), but I'm talking about using it on ground as a suprise move that'll beat whatever your opponent pulls at you. Especially against falco and lasers, too good. =) I got some good snickering moments from behind me when I did it against one of the aforementioned players many times.

strawhats

Smash Master
This is from SMACK Bremen right. I am actually watching Zgetto vs. Armada GF matches right now.

Who is considered the best in Europe ?

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
It used to be Amsah/Nihonjin, no doubt, but hes been slacking a bit lately, so at this time Armada most likely. But there's also of course Zgetto/Miguel and Adam/A-D/Inevitable who have improved massive over the last years.

Top Bottom