• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Wow, someone did something good with making smash blue default!

Leekskin still da bess though :>

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I always use Revo <3 Would love it if we had MLP themes.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yay, I managed to get through what I missed before my battery died. I don't have a lot of time, so I'll just say life is good, rocks are dumb, and there's a bunch of Weedle cards stashed away somewhere in my room that I'm pretty sure I never actually did anything with.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You should tape them all over a friend's car and then write a note on the front window saying if he leaves them on there for 2 months they'll turn into beautiful butterfrees.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You don't like harry potter...

I force you to see the movies with me though because i have no friends who actually like the series. :(

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm still the biggest HP nerd ever.

Except not because there's people who've read each book like 10 times and i've only read them once.
I'm not dedicated enough.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I liked the HP series.
Read through all the books, but just once.

It was a fun read.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I've read each book save for the last one a couple of times. I was never made fun of for it in school, but that's probably because people were too busy making fun of other things about me. But even that was just for liking Digimon and Pokemon, so I was fine with that.

Kuro Neko

Smash Cadet
I can't resist joining in on the brony fun. Hiii everypony.

I'm a Fluttershy main, 'cause she's epic cute and amazing...but of course the other ponies are pretty awesome too.

I have to say, this thread is epic long.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm the only one here for now. Welcome to smashboards and the herd!

This thread skyrockets very often so you'd better keep this page open.
If you have chrome, you might as well pin it.

Oh. gone...
DVC should be here any moment now.

Kuro Neko

Smash Cadet
Haha. Taking a break from work right now, but when I get home fo sho. = ]

And just to comment on...stuff: Digimon season 1 & 2 were so good!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Fo Sho it is, brony. :bee:

You watch digimon? I'm done w/ that.
I only slept 4 hours today. I'm getting apple pie for breakfast now.

WTF zaj, It's not Hentai Woody is it? :urg:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Welcome then, Kuro Neko

Yeah everypony's usually out busy around noon time, if not devouring endless amounts of food for lunch, which I shall leave soon for as well.

Back to topic of Digimon are we? Well apparently new series Digimon Xros Wars, watched the first few subbed epi's, it's eh okay. As said, hard to compare to the first few seasons.

Kuro Neko

Smash Cadet
Um...when I was 9 I did. And then the original cast stopped appearing and I was sad.

BUT IT WAS SO GOOD. I still rewatch season 1&2 from time to time. <3 the epic plots. Now I main other anime, but Digimon is waaaay up there on my list.

Note: I was a Matt/Mimi shipper. I'm still salty that didn't happen.

And thanks for the warm welcomes = ]

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Memories just updated too.
Though the last chapter had it's charm, I kinda feel like Vega was kinda...meh. The entire chapter was just Midnight bumbling over herself while the mane cast reconnected to the past, so it felt kinda like a comic book that didn't have any deviance in the format. IE, it just followed a very formulaic pattern that didn't try to curve or shift.
I DID like her belief of what constitutes a family, though. Very familiar and reasonably interesting.

Kuro Neko

Smash Cadet
I thought it was kinda a cop-out when it turned from epic back to "omg everyone lets forgive Luna." That just came out of nowhere.

AND JUST READ THE NEW CHAPTER.

Haha I'm pretty happy the author spent the first few pages making Umineko references.

TP

Smash Master
So I was thinking about the first episode.

The episode begins with Twilight reading about Nightmare while sitting under a tree outside? How did she get to this situation? It can't be a coincidence that she was reading about Nightmare two days before the end of her 1000 year imprisonment. There must be an explanation. My first thought was that somepony else mentions the story to her, but that doesn't work. First of all, nobody else sees the return of Nightmare coming, and second of all why would she be reading outside? She always reads in her library, no matter which city she's in. This leads me to conclude that Celestia planted the book there, so Twilight would read it out of curiosity.

And this led to me thinking about what else Celestia did to influence Twilight, because one thing always bugged me: who puts Fluttershy in charge of music and not DJ P0N-3? Then it dawned on me.

If you think about Twilight's cutie mark story, Celestia is outside when Twilight goes beast mode. She doesn't notice Twilight until Spike goes gigantic. But the point is Celestia was outside. She must have seen the Rainboom. Nobody else in Equestria knew what it was, since nopony saw Rainbow do it and they had never seen it before, but Celestia would know. So she sees the first Rainboom in centuries (I don't believe that this is the first one ever, how would AJ even know that?) and seconds later, she sees Twilight go beast mode. Then she calms Twilight down and notices her cutie mark: a gigantic spark with 5 smaller ones around it. I'm sure Celestia had been on the lookout for sometime for the resurgence of the elements of harmony, since Nightmare was coming back in a few years. It probably only took her seconds to realize that Twilight was destined to lead the elements, and that whoever did the Rainboom was one of the five others.

This leads us to Twilight's training. Twilight says in the first episode "I know I've heard of the elements of harmony, but where?" Well, it's pretty clear that Celestia made damn sure she had read about them at some point in her studies. That way, when she read the book that Celestia planted at that tree, Twilight would be curious enough to study further.

But Celestia wasn't just preparing Twilight. It could not have been hard to track down Rainbow Dash and learn that she moved to Ponyville. Once Celestia narrowed the location down to that town, she needed to find out who the rest of the elements were. THIS IS THE ONE THING I DON'T KNOW YET. HELP ME. HOW DID SHE ID THE OTHERS? Once Celestia confirmed who all the elements were, she decided to host the Summer Sun Celebration of the 1000th year in Ponyville (You thought that was a coincidence, right?). We see in multiple episodes that the Mare of Ponyville is on very good terms with Celestia. Otherwise, it would be BS that Celestia has to leave the party in the episode about Philomena to talk to the Mare. That pony should be coming to the princess, not the other way around! But it's cool, since they are friends.

Which is why Celestia told the Mare to put Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy in charge of preparations. Then she sent Twilight to oversee those preparations, ensuring that the elements meet before Nightmare's return. As for Pinkie, Celestia just had to trust that Pinkie's excitement over new ponies would lead to her meeting Twilight.

Celestia couldn't reveal all this to Twilight because the friendships between the elements had to be completely genuine for them to have the power to defeat Nightmare. Twilight would not be able to have a real friendship with someone she thought she needed to join with to stop an evil force.

Well that's all I got. Bottom line is that Celestia is awesome and spent years manipulating everything to prepare for her sister's return, and it worked. I'd like to know your thoughts on all this, Smashboards.

- TP

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I missed alot of topics here. But damn it, I want that cake.
http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/77582-get-the-cake/

Memories just updated too.
Though the last chapter had it's charm, I kinda feel like Vega was kinda...meh. The entire chapter was just Midnight bumbling over herself while the mane cast reconnected to the past, so it felt kinda like a comic book that didn't have any deviance in the format. IE, it just followed a very formulaic pattern that didn't try to curve or shift.
I DID like her belief of what constitutes a family, though. Very familiar and reasonably interesting.
I just read the chapter this morning... Basically what you said. Why do I get the feeling Midnight's father is Vega's... Brother.

Because you spam.
Coming from You!?

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
in the episode about Filomena
You mean Philomena.

Season 1 is best when it comes to Dub and Sub.
After S1 finished it just started getting boring.
Tamers was okay, but I still can't get into it.
Well that's unfortunate, Tamers was awesome. They cut down the focus from 7 characters to 3, so the Tamers kids each got much more screen time and development than the Adventure kids did. Plus, Renamon was probably the coolest Digimon ever. Although it must be mentioned that Frontier had the best music in terms of both Sub and Dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom