• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hated everything from 1st grade to 10th grade.
School sucks entirely. Especially the cliques and niches you're forced to be in.

Elementary school: Nerd into Pokemon, Yugioh, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, other nerdy things etc etc that managed to keep an "ok" social status purely for the fact that two of my friends were "cool."

Middle school: Average as ****.

High school: The most popular guy that wasn't in the popular crowd.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I just finished reading the whole thing, TP.
Very interesting, that is the first time I have actually read something that goes indepth about the subject.
Except for that one picture that pointed out Twilight's cutie mark and the Elements of Harmony have similarities.
I do not have anything to add onto what you have, unfortunately.

Brb, going home
<3 love you all

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I thought it was kinda a cop-out when it turned from epic back to "omg everyone lets forgive Luna." That just came out of nowhere.
I agree. I'm tired of reading tons of fanfics that sympathize with Luna's actions. It always comes back to this at some point or another in most of the big fanfics.

I just read the chapter this morning... Basically what you said. Why do I get the feeling Midnight's father is Vega's... Brother.
It's entirely possible, which in retrospect is kinda awkward for Midnight, and by proxy, Twilight. All we know is that she is a part of the triangle, and that she had child with one of the colts in the triangle with her. One is her brother. At this point, if the author cares about incest-based overtones, then we are to assume that the father is NOT the brother that takes part in the triangle.

That, or it's a totally huge plot hole.

@TP: It's established that Celestia is a schemer. It wouldn't be surprising if this entire thing was all planned out by her.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
So I was thinking about the first episode.

The episode begins with Twilight reading about Nightmare while sitting under a tree outside? How did she get to this situation? It can't be a coincidence that she was reading about Nightmare two days before the end of her 1000 year imprisonment. There must be an explanation. My first thought was that somepony else mentions the story to her, but that doesn't work. First of all, nobody else sees the return of Nightmare coming, and second of all why would she be reading outside? She always reads in her library, no matter which city she's in. This leads me to conclude that Celestia planted the book there, so Twilight would read it out of curiosity.

And this led to me thinking about what else Celestia did to influence Twilight, because one thing always bugged me: who puts Fluttershy in charge of music and not DJ P0N-3? Then it dawned on me.

If you think about Twilight's cutie mark story, Celestia is outside when Twilight goes beast mode. She doesn't notice Twilight until Spike goes gigantic. But the point is Celestia was outside. She must have seen the Rainboom. Nobody else in Equestria knew what it was, since nopony saw Rainbow do it and they had never seen it before, but Celestia would know. So she sees the first Rainboom in centuries (I don't believe that this is the first one ever, how would AJ even know that?) and seconds later, she sees Twilight go beast mode. Then she calms Twilight down and notices her cutie mark: a gigantic spark with 5 smaller ones around it. I'm sure Celestia had been on the lookout for sometime for the resurgence of the elements of harmony, since Nightmare was coming back in a few years. It probably only took her seconds to realize that Twilight was destined to lead the elements, and that whoever did the Rainboom was one of the five others.

This leads us to Twilight's training. Twilight says in the first episode "I know I've heard of the elements of harmony, but where?" Well, it's pretty clear that Celestia made damn sure she had read about them at some point in her studies. That way, when she read the book that Celestia planted at that tree, Twilight would be curious enough to study further.

But Celestia wasn't just preparing Twilight. It could not have been hard to track down Rainbow Dash and learn that she moved to Ponyville. Once Celestia narrowed the location down to that town, she needed to find out who the rest of the elements were. THIS IS THE ONE THING I DON'T KNOW YET. HELP ME. HOW DID SHE ID THE OTHERS? Once Celestia confirmed who all the elements were, she decided to host the Summer Sun Celebration of the 1000th year in Ponyville (You thought that was a coincidence, right?). We see in multiple episodes that the Mare of Ponyville is on very good terms with Celestia. Otherwise, it would be BS that Celestia has to leave the party in the episode about Philomena to talk to the Mare. That pony should be coming to the princess, not the other way around! But it's cool, since they are friends.

Which is why Celestia told the Mare to put Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy in charge of preparations. Then she sent Twilight to oversee those preparations, ensuring that the elements meet before Nightmare's return. As for Pinkie, Celestia just had to trust that Pinkie's excitement over new ponies would lead to her meeting Twilight.

Celestia couldn't reveal all this to Twilight because the friendships between the elements had to be completely genuine for them to have the power to defeat Nightmare. Twilight would not be able to have a real friendship with someone she thought she needed to join with to stop an evil force.

Well that's all I got. Bottom line is that Celestia is awesome and spent years manipulating everything to prepare for her sister's return, and it worked. I'd like to know your thoughts on all this, Smashboards.

- TP
That makes logical scene, thanks for sharing.

TP

Smash Master
Thanks guys. I was just thinking about it because the first episode is different in format from the rest. Namely, every episode starts at the very beginning of whatever the story is for that episode (well, not the finale, but the whole season led up to it). The pilot starts partway through, since they never give an explanation for why Twilight is reading that book. So I filled in the gap as best I could.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>

So I was thinking about the first episode.

The episode begins with Twilight reading about Nightmare while sitting under a tree outside? How did she get to this situation? It can't be a coincidence that she was reading about Nightmare two days before the end of her 1000 year imprisonment. There must be an explanation. My first thought was that somepony else mentions the story to her, but that doesn't work. First of all, nobody else sees the return of Nightmare coming, and second of all why would she be reading outside? She always reads in her library, no matter which city she's in. This leads me to conclude that Celestia planted the book there, so Twilight would read it out of curiosity.

And this led to me thinking about what else Celestia did to influence Twilight, because one thing always bugged me: who puts Fluttershy in charge of music and not DJ P0N-3? Then it dawned on me.

If you think about Twilight's cutie mark story, Celestia is outside when Twilight goes beast mode. She doesn't notice Twilight until Spike goes gigantic. But the point is Celestia was outside. She must have seen the Rainboom. Nobody else in Equestria knew what it was, since nopony saw Rainbow do it and they had never seen it before, but Celestia would know. So she sees the first Rainboom in centuries (I don't believe that this is the first one ever, how would AJ even know that?) and seconds later, she sees Twilight go beast mode. Then she calms Twilight down and notices her cutie mark: a gigantic spark with 5 smaller ones around it. I'm sure Celestia had been on the lookout for sometime for the resurgence of the elements of harmony, since Nightmare was coming back in a few years. It probably only took her seconds to realize that Twilight was destined to lead the elements, and that whoever did the Rainboom was one of the five others.

This leads us to Twilight's training. Twilight says in the first episode "I know I've heard of the elements of harmony, but where?" Well, it's pretty clear that Celestia made damn sure she had read about them at some point in her studies. That way, when she read the book that Celestia planted at that tree, Twilight would be curious enough to study further.

But Celestia wasn't just preparing Twilight. It could not have been hard to track down Rainbow Dash and learn that she moved to Ponyville. Once Celestia narrowed the location down to that town, she needed to find out who the rest of the elements were. THIS IS THE ONE THING I DON'T KNOW YET. HELP ME. HOW DID SHE ID THE OTHERS? Once Celestia confirmed who all the elements were, she decided to host the Summer Sun Celebration of the 1000th year in Ponyville (You thought that was a coincidence, right?). We see in multiple episodes that the Mare of Ponyville is on very good terms with Celestia. Otherwise, it would be BS that Celestia has to leave the party in the episode about Philomena to talk to the Mare. That pony should be coming to the princess, not the other way around! But it's cool, since they are friends.

Which is why Celestia told the Mare to put Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy in charge of preparations. Then she sent Twilight to oversee those preparations, ensuring that the elements meet before Nightmare's return. As for Pinkie, Celestia just had to trust that Pinkie's excitement over new ponies would lead to her meeting Twilight.

Celestia couldn't reveal all this to Twilight because the friendships between the elements had to be completely genuine for them to have the power to defeat Nightmare. Twilight would not be able to have a real friendship with someone she thought she needed to join with to stop an evil force.

Well that's all I got. Bottom line is that Celestia is awesome and spent years manipulating everything to prepare for her sister's return, and it worked. I'd like to know your thoughts on all this, Smashboards.

- TP

Seems plausible since Celestia seems good at planning things out.
Although sometimes I feel that Ajay, Fluttershy, Dash, and Rarity could've been in charge because they're the best in each part of the celebration.

Two other things though:
1. Twi isn't always reading in the library. She read outside on the bench for "Griffin the Brushoff" and outside Rarity's house in "The Best Night Ever".

2. Figuring Celestia had Fluttershy in charge of the music instead of DJ-Pon3 probably because that type of thing wouldn't be proper for the Summer Sun Celebration. Not to mention she of course wasn't created yet.

=======

I liked the first 3 seasons of Digimon.

Skipped everything mentioned about Memories of Days Long Past since I'm a slow reader and haven't gotten around to it to finish it yet.

Glad you had fun at your U2 concert Mink.

Lastly 1,000th post.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
TP theory sounds apparently a logical approach, no sense in trying to prove otherwise. It is possible Celestia had planned it from that point on else on the other hand the fate of the rainboom had already brought the six together.

Anyways, it already has been hinted and yes "make new friends & check on the preparations" which happens to be the other 5 of the mane 6.

TP

Smash Master
Two other things though:
1. Twi isn't always reading in the library. She read outside on the bench for "Griffin the Brushoff" and outside Rarity's house in "The Best Night Ever".

2. Figuring Celestia had Fluttershy in charge of the music instead of DJ-Pon3 probably because that type of thing wouldn't be proper for the Summer Sun Celebration. Not to mention she of course wasn't created yet.
1. Fair enough. Nonetheless, it's no coincidence that she was reading that book on that day.

2. When would the shyest character in history have displayed her musical talents to everyone?

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Fluttershy as a conductor, she's not actually singing herself, but preparing her animal friends for the performance.

You don't really hear the conductor when orchestra happens.

Edit: Pin prices are fluctuating plus-or-minus 10~40 cents lol let's just deal with dollar bills, i'll even drop the quarters 'cause y'all just don't like the change

vZakat

Half Genie
@TP's post.

I agree entirely. One more thing I thought about was why didn't celestia just turn nightmare moon back into luna instead of banishing her to the moon. I think it was because she only had 5 of the elements. I'm sure celestia was eagerly searching for the 6th element so that she could free her sister.

S

smash brawl player 99021

1. Fair enough. Nonetheless, it's no coincidence that she was reading that book on that day.

2. When would the shyest character in history have displayed her musical talents to everyone?
Twilight is reading on her porch in the "Applebuck Season" ep. when Rainbow lands there.

Staco

Smash Champion
Maybe Princess Celestia knew about the 6 ponies all being influenced by Rainbow Dash when getting their cutie marks.
They probably tell in school, after getting the cutie mark and it would have been no problem for Celestia to ask the teachers until she found stories, which had a coincidence, the Sonic Rainboom.
Maybe she figured out this way, which ponys were the chosen ones.
Then she managed to get Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash moved to Ponyvill.
Since Applejack already lived there, she moved the other ponies there, since it was easier than getting AJ to another place (she had to care for the apples).
She just ordered RD for the sky clearing in Ponyville and she ordered Fluttershy for looking at the animals.
Don´t know about Pinkie and Rarity though.
Rarity probably also already lived there, so Ponyville was the best fitting place for her actions.
Dunno, how she got Pinkie to Ponyville.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
@TP, Celestia obviously didn't want that unsightly music, so she chose Fluttershy to conduct the animals because that's 1324812730497287409052x than anything DJ P0N-3 could do. But the rest, yeah, makes sense.

School sucks entirely. Especially the cliques and niches you're forced to be in.

Elementary school: Nerd into Pokemon, Yugioh, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, other nerdy things etc etc that managed to keep an "ok" social status purely for the fact that two of my friends were "cool."

Hey, that sounds kinda like me.

Elementary school: Super nerd, except I had an okay status because I was slightly friends with most everybody and just basically kept quiet enough to not be put anywhere. And I wasn't white, so that was sorta a plus.

Middle school: Still a nerd, but I had a popular girlfriend for a while so I stayed on the cooler side.

qB[

High school: Yeah, pretty much same for me. Most popular guy not in the popular crowd; infamous for my ability to not show up to class and still have the best grades. And my best friend was like the only black person in school so that was like +500 kool points right there.

I actually didn't mind school. Just did my own thing and it all worked out.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm calling for a Luna and Rarity photo dump. Going to add them. Give your best, guys.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
eww school:

ele;popularish
middle:known,but not exactly popular
high;people hated me, then called me insane, then started thinking after picking on me so i'd shoot up the school, then they feared me.

fun tiems....

TP

Smash Master
Maybe Princess Celestia knew about the 6 ponies all being influenced by Rainbow Dash when getting their cutie marks.
They probably tell in school, after getting the cutie mark and it would have been no problem for Celestia to ask the teachers until she found stories, which had a coincidence, the Sonic Rainboom.
Maybe she figured out this way, which ponys were the chosen ones.
Then she managed to get Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash moved to Ponyvill.
Since Applejack already lived there, she moved the other ponies there, since it was easier than getting AJ to another place (she had to care for the apples).
She just ordered RD for the sky clearing in Ponyville and she ordered Fluttershy for looking at the animals.
Don´t know about Pinkie and Rarity though.
Rarity probably also already lived there, so Ponyville was the best fitting place for her actions.
Dunno, how she got Pinkie to Ponyville.
Works for me.

Trollestia my ***, she knows what she's doing.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant

Elementary: I kept to myself, never talked to kids. I was well known, but I was also picked on because I was different from the other kids.

Middle: I began to learn who I was, I matured faster than most of my friends. I fell out friendships because I was withdrawing myself from people. I figured out I was gay, and didn't know how to tell people, so I hid it from everyone.

HS: Until I got to the middle of 10th grade is when it began to get great. That was when I met my Melee friends(Espy and Beros being two of them). I was still not being true about myself, because I saw people being picked on for being gay and stuff.

Now, my life is okay. WAY better than it was during school.

/MyLifeStory

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
As far as Pinkie Pie goes, I think Celestia had a notion that she would find out a way into Ponyville. It's the largest population center near the Pie Rock Farm, and Pinkie really likes throwing parties with lots of ponies. So she'd probably latch on the area with the most opportunities to do just that. I think Celestia would be more concerned with keeping Pinkie in Ponyville. She probably did that by pulling some strings to get Pinkie a job and lodging in a sweets shop. Probably got Pinkie some recommendations from famous confectioners.

Rarity and Applejack have always lived in Ponyville. Getting RD and Fluttershy there would only be a matter of manipulating their job placement. I suspect pegasus ponies relocating for jobs is a fairly common occurence, so it wouldn't have looked suspicious.

There's a bunch of Weedle cards stashed away somewhere in my room that I'm pretty sure I never actually did anything with.
You should tape them all over a friend's car and then write a note on the front window saying if he leaves them on there for 2 months they'll turn into beautiful butterfrees.
Whyyyyyyy am I so mad about this?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Guys, let's make a community story for the WWYP contest.

I'll start.

When the world ends, I will be watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and...

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Ooh, talking aobut our school experiences.

Elementary: pretty normal. manely just wanted to make out with girls i thought were cute.

Middle School: Schoolwork got really hard for me here. i probably could've tried alot harder. but i really didn't like 5th-8th grade because of always worrying about my parents figuring out that F i just made, the people in my class started becoming really douche-y, i was always wishing i was good at a sport (mostly i didn't even do anything about it lol), and my self esteem just started to go downhill

High School: i've actually learned alot so far. in 9th and most of 10th grade i was trying to get more popular and would pout about not being super popular. also, i was always worrying about what everyone in the freakin' world thought about me (seriously, it was pretty bad). near the end of 10th grade i met several people who are now my best friends, one of them being my gf. They were alot like me, except they actually had self confidence and didn't mind what other people thought about them. this past school year, i think i've really learned not to care if people think i'm weird. The more i thought about it, the more i started to like being labeled as 'weird'. If weird = not normal or not what everypony in my highschool thinks as cool, then i'm very happy. i really don't think i could stand being among the 'popular crowd' at my school. Now that i think about it, that's something that kinda didn't help me. The more i realized how stupid being in the popular crowd was, it actually made me start isolating myself from the people at my school, which wasn't what i wanted (or at least not to that extreme) But i digress. I'm also hyped for this coming school year, because i never said anything about liking MLP to anyone irl until after the school year is over. At that point i really gained confidence that there's nothing wrong with being a brony. I've posted several MLP pics on my facebook, which alot of ppl have commented on and looked on (manely ppl being at my school) so i'm guessing they'll be ready to bash and insult me about liking the show. and the love and tolerance that i give them will freaking overwhelm them.
CCHS, Prepare you body!

But yeah, that's my school story.

@Icy playing MvC3

S

smash brawl player 99021

So we'll be watching FiM, playing MvC3 and clopping the end. Leaf, shut up.

We'll win

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
My school experiences:

I left elementary school in the 4th grade since my parents felt that my teachers were incompetent. I was homeschooled from then until high school; being homeschooled was an odd experience that I do think greatly impaired my social skills for a long time. It was a very uneventful time of my life that I don't remember well.

I was a little strange in high school; I was definitely a nerd, but I was also kind of loud and annoying. While I enjoyed the experience, in retrospect, I feel bad about how I handled myself, and partially because of that, I've only kept in touch with a small handful of people I met then. I don't have much else to say about my time there.

College was extremely stressful. I was accepted into Harvey Mudd College, which is a very good engineering/physical sciences school that masquerades as a liberal arts college. While I was initially happy to have gotten in there, going to HMC ended up being a mistake; although I really liked many of the people there, the huge workload combined with my apathy towards subjects aside from mathematics ended up causing me a lot of frustration and I transferred to UC Riverside, a pretty lousy school, at the end of the year. For a couple years, I felt like a huge failure and it wasn't really until my last year of college that I got over it.

I'm currently in UC Irvine's math PhD program and that's going very well. I'm a reasonably well-adjusted person nowadays.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
School?!
Ele: Hyperactive ****** who leaves handprints smacked on the back of what small amount of friend's spines i had
Mid: One instance of bullied due to my height. Rest was being the quiet academic asian.
High: Earned respect for being smart, running track, and my deep voice. Met majority of my good friends in the competitive gaming club that was formed since then.

=

Community stories let alone story telling isn't my strongest cup of tea :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom