• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
@DVC i'm still so mad at my school for getting rid of track completely. That was the one sport i did really good in and i would've probably still been doing it now. But back when i was in 9th grade since we didn't have an actual track they had to cut the program >_<

McNugget

Smash Journeyman
hmmm...

elementary-i was a ****
middle-calmed down
high school-nothing taken serious

McNugget

Smash Journeyman
i go onto ponibooru to see what it is (which is a dawww moment indeed) and i see optimus prime hauling the bridle maid thing around. even the autobots couldnt resist.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Elementary School: I moved around a lot, so I went to several elementary schools. Kindergarten was in Nebraska, and I breezed through because I already knew how to count and read. In first grade, my teacher almost diagnosed me with ADHD, but an actual psychologist confirmed that I was just smarter than the classes I was being taught. Then I moved to Wisconsin where I was in some hippie commune school where three classes were taught in the same classroom. That was weird as hell. When I finally got to NC, I made some friends and did well, even if I was never super popular. I remember my friends and I would have the most fun playing Star Wars way at the edge of the playground.

Middle School: I moved from public to private school here. I met my best friend doing a science project on Tornadoes. I also was in the school play in 8th grade. Some ***** kept claiming I sat on her face in sixth grade through all of middle school. In retrospect, she may just have been fantasizing.

High School: Same school as my Middle School. I kept rocking out in the school plays. I was actually hot **** in high school freshman year because of the plays. But even then, I mostly kept to my circle of friends until senior year when everyone basically chilled out and started hanging out together. My class was honestly pretty tightly knit, although I guess that comes with having only around 100 students.

University: Being popular in Uni is overrated. That said, I'd say my friends and I were infamous in my college days. Every day, we would occupy the tables in the bottom of the lunch hall, and be loud, annoying geeks from about 11 to 6. We actually received complaints. Those days were awesome.

john!

Smash Hero
Absolutely nothing. I think there's still a way to make a blank post.
a while ago i made a blank topic with a blank account. and i can't search for it lol. i remember that fly amanita posted in it though.

I was the biggest Harry Potter nerd ever in elementary school.
...for some reason i thought you were older than me.

So I was thinking about the first episode.

The episode begins with Twilight reading about Nightmare while sitting under a tree outside? How did she get to this situation? It can't be a coincidence that she was reading about Nightmare two days before the end of her 1000 year imprisonment. There must be an explanation. My first thought was that somepony else mentions the story to her, but that doesn't work. First of all, nobody else sees the return of Nightmare coming, and second of all why would she be reading outside? She always reads in her library, no matter which city she's in. This leads me to conclude that Celestia planted the book there, so Twilight would read it out of curiosity.

And this led to me thinking about what else Celestia did to influence Twilight, because one thing always bugged me: who puts Fluttershy in charge of music and not DJ P0N-3? Then it dawned on me.

If you think about Twilight's cutie mark story, Celestia is outside when Twilight goes beast mode. She doesn't notice Twilight until Spike goes gigantic. But the point is Celestia was outside. She must have seen the Rainboom. Nobody else in Equestria knew what it was, since nopony saw Rainbow do it and they had never seen it before, but Celestia would know. So she sees the first Rainboom in centuries (I don't believe that this is the first one ever, how would AJ even know that?) and seconds later, she sees Twilight go beast mode. Then she calms Twilight down and notices her cutie mark: a gigantic spark with 5 smaller ones around it. I'm sure Celestia had been on the lookout for sometime for the resurgence of the elements of harmony, since Nightmare was coming back in a few years. It probably only took her seconds to realize that Twilight was destined to lead the elements, and that whoever did the Rainboom was one of the five others.

This leads us to Twilight's training. Twilight says in the first episode "I know I've heard of the elements of harmony, but where?" Well, it's pretty clear that Celestia made damn sure she had read about them at some point in her studies. That way, when she read the book that Celestia planted at that tree, Twilight would be curious enough to study further.

But Celestia wasn't just preparing Twilight. It could not have been hard to track down Rainbow Dash and learn that she moved to Ponyville. Once Celestia narrowed the location down to that town, she needed to find out who the rest of the elements were. THIS IS THE ONE THING I DON'T KNOW YET. HELP ME. HOW DID SHE ID THE OTHERS? Once Celestia confirmed who all the elements were, she decided to host the Summer Sun Celebration of the 1000th year in Ponyville (You thought that was a coincidence, right?). We see in multiple episodes that the Mare of Ponyville is on very good terms with Celestia. Otherwise, it would be BS that Celestia has to leave the party in the episode about Philomena to talk to the Mare. That pony should be coming to the princess, not the other way around! But it's cool, since they are friends.

Which is why Celestia told the Mare to put Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy in charge of preparations. Then she sent Twilight to oversee those preparations, ensuring that the elements meet before Nightmare's return. As for Pinkie, Celestia just had to trust that Pinkie's excitement over new ponies would lead to her meeting Twilight.

Celestia couldn't reveal all this to Twilight because the friendships between the elements had to be completely genuine for them to have the power to defeat Nightmare. Twilight would not be able to have a real friendship with someone she thought she needed to join with to stop an evil force.

Well that's all I got. Bottom line is that Celestia is awesome and spent years manipulating everything to prepare for her sister's return, and it worked. I'd like to know your thoughts on all this, Smashboards.

- TP
i will be extremely impressed if the show's creators actually planned this out to reveal in a future season. keep in mind that this was just supposed to be a girls' show.

john!

Smash Hero
lol i found the thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10960748 i got banned for doing nothing! the injustice!

I wish i had KPrime's mod powers :(

And Spike is MINE >:U (not for clopping tho. we go into Ponyville during the night to go womanizing and such)
i love spike because he does what most mlp fans would do if we were in ponyville: sleep a lot, eat junk food, and go chasing after mare plot.

McNugget

Smash Journeyman
i love spike because he does what most mlp fans would do if we were in ponyville: sleep a lot, eat junk food, and go chasing after mare plot.
2 problems, he only chases raritys plot and you forgot getting wasted on donuts.

TP

Smash Master
i will be extremely impressed if the show's creators actually planned this out to reveal in a future season. keep in mind that this was just supposed to be a girls' show.
I don't think they planned it out that much. However, I think that they would be willing to make my version canon if they liked it. They are making Derpy a real character for the next season, after all.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So after the millionth debate on the Yoshi boards and now myself being called High and Mighty.
I feel like I should make an album on Photobucket/Facebook Entirely for the Daily dosage of annoyances that goes on everyday in the skype chat.

SHOULD I DO THIS?

[collapse=Preview of the Fun Me and Rei-gun had over Xat]
[/collapse]

What a way for my 1800th post ehh?

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
2. When would the shyest character in history have displayed her musical talents to everyone?
Well Fluttershy did it again in episode 5 "Griffin the Brushoff" and I think she's more shy talking with other ponies rather than being around them.

Also I had to leave for work so I couldn't say anymore, but I do think your in-depth analytical post well very great and well done.

In fact It'd be nice to have some more analytical debates about the show later on.
Personally I'd like to post my own on a certain subject regarding the show, but I don't have anything ATM.

@TP's post.

I agree entirely. One more thing I thought about was why didn't celestia just turn nightmare moon back into luna instead of banishing her to the moon. I think it was because she only had 5 of the elements. I'm sure celestia was eagerly searching for the 6th element so that she could free her sister.
I seriously don't know why she didn't do that and I'm positive she had all six elements because she was wearing the crown in the story, which is what the sixth element had.

Elementary: I kept to myself, never talked to kids. I was well known, but I was also picked on because I was different from the other kids.

Middle: I began to learn who I was, I matured faster than most of my friends. I fell out friendships because I was withdrawing myself from people. I figured out I was gay, and didn't know how to tell people, so I hid it from everyone.

HS: Until I got to the middle of 10th grade is when it began to get great. That was when I met my Melee friends(Espy and Beros being two of them). I was still not being true about myself, because I saw people being picked on for being gay and stuff.

Now, my life is okay. WAY better than it was during school.

/MyLifeStory
^^^
This is pretty much what my school life was like.
Minus being picked on in elementary school (at least I don't remember being picked on much), being gay, and meeting Espy and Beros.

@Beros: (^^^) My ability on telling community stories and story telling is worse than yours. :p

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Seriously....

It made me like him slightly less.

I found a random credit card today. as soon as i picked it up, a cop car is right next to me, slowly driving by me. THat was creepy.

Then, there was this lady that accidentally bumped into me. I was like, "sorry".
Her Response? "You better be sorry. Watch yourself."

Now i was like,

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Those posts are terrible... Time to post something I did out of boredom and noticing similarities.

[collapse=Pinkie Pie's Paragliding Escapades]
[/collapse]

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
School was overall pretty great for me.

Elementary School: I had a lot of friends, and they came over my house almost everyday to play video games and jump on my trampoline. We played a lot of Pokemon and watched a lot of Digimon. It was all good, I can't really think of anything bad there.

Middle School: I lost all of my friends but one, my best friend, so I had to make some new friends. Middle school is where I started to be made fun of, but I didn't mind at all because I was doing things that I liked. My best friend from Elementary school didn't feel the same way, so he stopped playing video games and watching anime in 8th grade and made new friends in an attempt to be cooler. That actually upset me, and I still don't consider anyone to be my best friend to this day.

High School: I met most of my current friends here, and it was far better than most people say it is. I just kept on doing what I liked, and people actually stopped trying to make fun of me. I did Marching Band and Drama for all four years, and it made me into a guy who was popular for not being popular. For Drama, we'd perform a few songs for the school before the day of the play. Nobody ever cares, because **** Drama, so I guess they mostly sleep through the performances. But when I walked out during a tap number to take a table off of the stage, everyone cheered because they thought I was going to tap dance. When I walked off stage, they all stopped and went back to not caring. I bring that up to the girls that were actually tap dancing during that song everytime I see them, it was just too funny.

So basically, school's great when you realise that you should just be yourself and do what you like. If someone gives you **** about it, just ignore them. I mean, who the **** are they anyway? Man, I just wish this show came out when I was still in school. I would've loved to see someone try to do something about me liking MLP. But now I'm in college, and no one says anything to me about it. :c I even carry around my Applejack everywhere.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
My middle school days was just ridiculous.
I got tricked by some students and a girl saying she was sexually harassed by me. She said this happened at lunch. That's funny, I was at the library at the time this happened. A few weeks ago there was a food fight. Spaghetti was thrown to me but luckily, i used my binder to protect myself from that evil starch. There was fights, there was accidents, there was fights, and there was near-death.

I'm in 12th grade. I'm glad this will be over when i get my degree.

But besides that, In high school i've been to anime club and video game club. I always run to lunch due to an extremely long line. Tons of people tease me about it thinking i was the only one doing. One Jack*** was blocking my way trying to stop me. He was laughing like a clown calling me fat***. I feel sorry for him being more of a pig in the cafe than i am. I told i run there so i wouldn't waste time waiting for a line but that didn't help at all. It just made things worse. There was one time he did it again that i just wanted to slap him.

I'm not in his school anymore. I'm just gonna enjoy the rest of my summer forgetting everything in the past.

Btw, people keep calling me gay until high school. It's been fine since then. Ony guy called me Gayro. I called him gayschwin. He slapped me, then got caught slapping me by a cop. Cop restrains him. He shows resistance, Cop beats him up. I did not want to remeber this.

TP

Smash Master
Regarding Celestia keeping Luna in the moon and not just stripping her of her power:

1. When someone commits a crime, you don't just remove their ability to repeat the crime and call it a day. You put them in jail.

2. Celestia may not have known that the unicorn-pegasus race has two forms, one with godly powers and one without. As far as I can tell, both of them had been in god form their whole lives up until Twilight defeats Luna.

3. Celestia is not nearly as far above Luna as some of you think. She loses to Nightmare in the pilot, so they actually have a 1-1 record against each other. Celestia probably kept her in the moon as long as possible because she was worried that Nightmare would defeat her in a rematch and take over, as she eventually did. Fortunately Twilight was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom