• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Mario Kart DS is da bess.

Tags, I use:

'Tia
Celly
b___d
54yay
Yay.
='_'=
Plot
tGnPT
Wilde
RGV
Games (when teammate uses NO)

That's all I can think of. Like 3 of my friends use the same +20% tag on my wii x)

john!

Smash Hero
so i finally told my sister today that i watch my little pony. slipped it in a conversation about tv shows. at first she was like "oh yeah some of my friends watch that"... but then she told me that i was too old to watch my little pony >_<

edit: i use a whole bunch of tags for melee. all my brawl tags are related to STDs.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The only tag I ever use in any of the Smash games nowadays is "SILA". "Sila" is one of the shorter names for the Inuit deity Silap Inua, who is a deity of the weather and also is somehow the main component of everything in existence. I did randomly use the "JFK" tag a few months ago in doubles, though.

A couple years ago, I mainly used the "USSR" tag, but also sometimes "OODA", after the OODA loop.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
You'll either kill each other or I'll just send y'all to the moon! :awesome:
I only say that because Phantom's there. He'll probably act up and then I'll just have to do away with all of ya! :p
*sigh*
Alright, just to let you know Rei that sending us ponies to the Moon just doesn't mean much anymore.

Real derpy hooves story though...

I love that story and I also at first thought that was the Derpy story that TG was gonna post, but nope.

Nah, I live in the Mexico area. 4+ hours away from everypony else :(
Don't complain. I live like 20+ hours away from everypony else. T_T

Equine zoophilia.
What the **** are people posting when I'm away?

I posted this yesterday and i'm a bit disappointed this was ignored by everypony.

I actually got a story onto Equestria Daily.

My years of failing on dA have paid off. Happiness! :D
Congrats on getting your story on EqD SSGuy. :D
I'm glad for you as well as being able to assist you with it.

So since I'm relatively new here, how long did it take yall to get into MLP? As soon as it came out? Weeks after?
Late February was when I got into it and I believe Suited for Success was the latest episode that was available at the time. Probably would've been sooner if I had found out about it earlier.

Posting the contents of my Sweetie Belle folder from like, 2 episodes.

I think I'm overloading a bit from cuteness here. <3

================
Lastly here's a couple of pony pics I can share since I've been away.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Okay kinda rushed it, but here's the final product, Skler
Full picture is linked on the Avatar

Heartstring

Smash Legend
my god, just a heads up for you all, when you try to get a job in something that requires co-operation
DO NOT work with females, unless you are a female yourself, they will kill you for being male

trust me
so, other than that tear-worthy derpy comic, what have i missed?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Sounds like you're just working with c**ts.
its more a case of being the only male in a female working enviroment, while they try to talk me down into basically being their lackey, because im on a lower pay scale (this is only because i have a lower minimum wage, as im under 18 still)
and as snotty as this is, theyre all the sort of peple that are going to be stuck doing that ****ty job untill the day they die

Skler

Smash Master
Okay kinda rushed it, but here's the final product, Skler
Full picture is linked on the Avatar
Awesome job, changing avatar IMMEDIATELY.

Thanks a ton! If I see you at a tournament I owe you no less than 3 high fives/brohooves.

Edit:

About females in the workplace:

As a reporter I have two editors, both of which are female. They're actually awesome editors (way better than people I've worked with in the past) and do a great job. I haven't been mistreated at all, and roughly 75% of the people who work with me are female.

This is probably because I'm working with competent professionals, whereas you're probably working in some crappy part-time job (which everyone has the joy of doing at least once in their life).

You're just stuck with jerks, Golden.

Fun Skler Fact: Today I have to go to a "little miss" pagent to report on it. There are very few things that are creepier than being 22 and taking pictures of little girls while specifically asking to take them aside to talk with them. Will I be arrested? Only time will tell!

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Brawl tags? The only two I really use are AJAY and FENIX. For the rare times I play Melee I'd use ギントキ, but I can see myself using AJAY for that too.

And welcome back Mink! Try not to post anything too naughty from now on.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
youre correct i that assumption. im a waiter. im proud of the quality i try and maintain. but alas. nosuch luck
skler, do you work in like a newpapery place? if so, what sorta qualificatinos did you need?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
No prob, Skler
Oh hey Mink's back :D

As far as tags go, I stick to Beros cause I'm sure there's a lot of tags that go by Geo
and I still have to adopt my TSprk (damn I wanna add an l to the end) as part of how SA's mane six's tags

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Kinda late but w/e

Melee tags
のみた (I drank)
172 (Pichu's Pokedex number)
I mostly go tagless.

Brawl Tags
Aside from "~auto"I tend to use random tags based on my mood and random current stuff. I use reverse tags against friends' mains (Fwk~ or IceDX against a Lucario for example) and TwiSp (Twilight Sparkle) is my brony tag.

Skler

Smash Master
youre correct i that assumption. im a waiter. im proud of the quality i try and maintain. but alas. nosuch luck
skler, do you work in like a newpapery place? if so, what sorta qualificatinos did you need?
I have an internship with a newspaper place up here. It's unpaid (and was part of my college requirements to graduate, actually. UNH has an awesome Journalism program), but I'm actually getting job offers for similar jobs now, which is great.

It requires a college degree most of the time from what I've seen, unless you're working for small town stuff. Other than that being published a lot helps. The problem is the best way to get published is by writing for a newspaper. That's why you get glorious things like unpaid internships or just writing stories for free for local papers. You get a lot of exposure to businesses just from all the interviews you do and you get tons of published articles.

You can pull off freelancing without a degree, but it's super unsteady and will not pay for your cost of living. I know our paper only pays like $50 for a story for freelancers, and a (good) story generally takes at least 3 hours of work for all the information gathering and writing. It's also not the easiest thing in the world to find newsworthy things that are happening. Getting two stories a day would be respectable (and cover cost of living), but it just isn't easy.

You really need to enjoy the job though. If you don't like going out, talking to people, writing and doing research it just isn't worth it. You'll have to give honest chances to people you might hate, and you'll end up talking to people from all ends of the political spectrum.

I got to interview this group of high school girls to learn about the world of competitive jump rope once because a local team here in NH made it into the Junior Olympics. Stories like that are just ridiculously fun to write.

HOLY CRAP THAT POST WAS LONG.

tl;dr: It's fun, but you need a college degree, experience or both of those things.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Hey guys.
I'm back
Welcome back. I am glad. Btw, my photoshop **** itself the other day.

As far as tags go, I stick to Beros cause I'm sure there's a lot of tags that go by Geo
and I still have to adopt my TSprk (damn I wanna add an l to the end) as part of how SA's mane six's tags
I already use TSprk. Mainly for Nub Academy and friendlies.

But I always use SSGuy for bigger tournaments.

All names:

SSGuy
Rock
TSprk
EHead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom