• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/552

Pony BRSTM audio files for your brawl hacking pleasure are now available. Imma get to making more once I stop being so damn busy.
God damnit, yes, why is it that every ****ing brony is so brokenly awesome?!

And @ the renard song: HOLY **** RENARD LIKES MLP, THE WORLD IS NOW A BETTER PLACE!!

All this amazing stuff has just made my tomorrow, 56746357413274651 SMILES!!!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
MLP has changed my life, and Im so freaking happy on the outcome. I swear to god, everytime I think about ANYTHING pony related, my friendship level skyrockets and I can do anything.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly, the pony community is one of the best I've ever been a part of. Coming together and producing this amount of amazing fan content. Song remixes, art, stories, videos, everything, holy damn.

Feels good, pony.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I used game maker a couple years ago... haha.

Id help in any way possible though

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Leaf and I have actually been talking about that too.

Hell I made a tier list for one that doesn't exist already just for the hell of it.

This was from the Disco Room thread quite awhile ago, so it's definitely out of date. Fluttershy and Rarity got serious buffs in the past couple episodes.

MLP if it were a 2D fightan gaem.

My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic Tier List

Top Tier
Pinkie Pie - Don't care what anybody says, this ***** is overpowered. She never dies cause she's made of toon-material, allowing for insane health. 12 tons of ACME can't take this girl down. She can just teleport all over the damn screen so it's hard as hell to predict anything. She can sit there and spam "La La Launch" like no tomorrow until you manage to get close, then even then she always has "Pinkie Surprise." "Chocolate Counter" is a high risk, high reward super but damn it's scary if it works. Breaking the 4th wall is by far her most OP move too. This one tourney, she literally popped out of the TV and smacked the controller out of my hands, and while I was recovering from the shock/trying to get my damn controller back, I had already lost.

Not to mention, "Rubber Chicken Taunt" is the best taunt of the game. Equivalent of "Show me your moves!"

High Tier
Rainbow Dash - Pure rushdown character if ever there was one. Strong and extremely fast attacks. You can't tell what a good Dash is even doing, they're too busy zipping around and wailing on you like no tomorrow. "Candy Vag Detection" breaks guards extremely easily too, so it's hard to block everything. Some say her lack of a projectile is an issue, but her "Tornado" attack spaces so well and has some kind of freaking invuln or something. The only thing that gets past it is Pinkie's cymbals (another reason Pinkie's freaking broken). And "Sonic Rainboom" does ridiculous amounts of damage even for a super.

"Junior Speedster Anthem" is a pretty cool taunt too, so that gives her bonus points.

Twilight Sparkle - Magic users always seem to be too good. The best part about this character is spacing. All her magical attacks can be used to effectively zone, "Kinesis" in particular, and then because of her magic all of her normals up close have ridiculous range. The ability to combo off pretty much anything at any range easily places her in top tier. The only thing keeping her below Dash is that she is far more predictable. The thing is, her tools are so effective, predicting really doesn't help that much. "SCIENCE" isn't a very good super on it's own, but a very good move to use in a combo.

"Read a Book" is probably the most insulting taunt. It's basically saying "I don't even give a **** that you can hit me right now, I'm gonna win anyway."

Celestia - A combo of Twilight and Dash. Speed and range with damage to boot. She's basically a deity, so it's understandable that she's high tier. She can magic up projectiles, then zoom over to you with Dash speed for combos after they land. If blocked, she effectively lays on pressure with the range of her normals. "Suddenly..." is a good approach move where she seems to just land on you from any distance. "Exile" is an instant-win super where she kicks you out of Equestria. Luckily it's hard to land and can't be combo'd into. Her main weakness is being so freaking lolhuge.

"Obey" is a more intimidating than it is a taunt.

Mid Tier
Applejack - She hits hard. Really hard. Even her normals hit hard. Being as athletic as she is, plus the extra strength that comes with being an Earth Pony to compensate for no wings/magic, it's really no surprise. "Buckin' Apples" causes wallbounce, making for easy combos. "Lasso'd Apples" is also a reliable projectile, and can be faked out, causing her to eat it rather than toss it with some minor HP regen. "The Apple Family" is a crazy effective super, summoning every single member of her family for a barrage of attacks.

"Lasso Hoop Jumping" is also a fun taunt to throw out between "Lasso'd Apples" as it's starting animation is exactly the same.

Trixie - Basically a weaker version of Twilight. Her magic attacks are much less effective, but she makes up for these shortcomings with moves like "Boast" which do more damage (through getting hurt feelings and butt devestated). One of her problems is that she's built around countering other moves with "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better." Landing it summons a customized super that's different for each character. The effectiveness of this depends on the character. For example, Twilight has no issue dodging or blocking this super, but Applejack gets wailed on like no tomorrow. This makes her a character that both hard counters and gets hard countered.

"Stroke Ego" is a good taunt for people who are full of themselves mid-match.

Luna - Take Celestia, make her normal sized, and take away some speed/range/damage. Like this she's low-tier. However her "Nightmare Moon" super transforms her into Nightmare Moon (surprise) and she grows to Celestia size and all her moves beat Celestia's in every way. Speed, range, AND damage. She basically becomes a boss character. Like this she's obviously high tier, almost even Pinkie Pie good. The problem is that she's only allowed to do this at 20% health and needs full meter. This makes getting this status very difficult and one combo will likely kill her at that point. It is enough to keep her in mid-tier however.

"Forever Alone" is a taunt where she sits down and stares dejectedly at the ground. As Nightmare moon, this becomes "Eternal Night" and forces the stage to switch to a nighttime version of itself.

Derpy Hooves - Similar playstyle to Dash, being extremely unpredictable. Only her's isn't from speed. You just don't know WTF is going on. "Herp Till You Derp" is her main attack move. It's similar to moves like "Double Edge" in Pokemon, where she hurts herself while charging you. The trade-off is worth it however. "Herpy Derpy," "DerpDerp," "HurrDurr," etc are all interchangable at any time, causing her unpredictability. I still don't know what half these moves do, that's how unpredictable they are. "Mail Time" is by far the most ******** super out there too. Basically she emulates the Mail Time song from Blue's Clues and your character takes damage from trying to kill themselves while it's happening.

"Muffin" is a taunt that needs no explanation. Muffin!

Low Tier
Rarity - Her main issue is health. She is a very fragile character unable to take many hits, and overall just isn't suited much for fighting. "Sewing it Together" however is a surprisingly good pressure move, but nothing more. "Makeover~" is a grab special where she slaps mud/cucumbers on your face, but she has no good way to apply it unless she manages to start a combo with "Sleepover." "Musical" would be a good super, however it suffers from one main problem. By the time you land it the timer is usually about to run out and it lasts a long time before any actual damage is applied, causing many would-be wins to end in a timeout in the opponent's favor. This does sometimes work in her favor though.

"Glasses" is the sexiest taunt in the game.

Spike - Spike has zero range. This is obviously a problem. He has no way to get in on opponents, and when he does, damage is average. "Snark" however causes stun from a distance, and is his main way of getting in. It would be better if the stun lasted longer, but most of the time he can't even get close enough to do anything after landing it. He does have the advantage of a small hitbox however.

"Letter to the Princess" is a not-really-taunt that's basically a copy of him fire-breathing a letter away from the show opening.

Gilda - She's a strange mixture of Applejack and Rainbow Dash that just doesn't seem to work. It's like they took anything negative about the two characters and stuck 'em together to make Gilda. "Bully," though it does a lot of damage, doesn't top AJ's "Buckin' Apples" and neither does her general damage output. Her speed also seems to be below that of Dash's. Dash beats her by a smidgen. "Roar" would have been a good super if it did more damage. It hits fullscreen, but the damage is negligible.

"Mocking Laugh" would be a good taunt if she actually had anything to mock you for.

Bottom Tier
Applebloom - No health, no damage, no range, no cutie mark.

"I want it noooooooooooooooooooow" is a cute taunt though.

Fluttershy - She just sits there and takes it like a *****. There was a rare case where she won a tourney by either making the opponent player "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW" so much that they passed out, or made the opponent's character cry by making them feel bad about themselves. This however is extremely hard to pull off and is a very unconventional tactic.

"Cry" even as a taunt is sadly one of her most useful moves.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Though my favorite CMC is Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo has the best name.
Like, I have fun saying her name.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sweetie Belle has the best little girl voice. Like, she does the "unsure" voice perfectly. You know what I mean.

But I think Applebloom is my favorite.

She does Kung Fu. And had the best outfit.

And the blank flank jokes at her expense are endless and hilarious.

Xyless

Smash Master
Renard kind of freaks me out tbh...it's mostly how he never stops playing up that he's a furry. I like his music, but I mean, if he were like "oh and also I am a furry" in his profile I wouldn't give it a second thought but he has to somehow remind us that his fursona is some kind of woodland fox in everything he does.
He doesn't push it anywhere as hard as it seems. I don't even think he's that much of a furry in comparison to other creeps that obsess over him (as well as someone my friend knows, which...well...let's just say that it's ruined the song "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist").

He mostly just uses his "fursonas" to label his music accordingly. Without them it'd be a lot harder to differentiate between his stuff, plus they give a visual representation of the mood of his different genres.

(also MLP is going to bring a new wave of furries called ponries, I'm calling it)

D

Deleted member

ok so I just was really bored and decided to watch ep5 and 6, and they actually weren't half bad. it's still way too predictable and the soundtrack is still meh at best but other than that it was pretty decent.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It gets better as you go on, and the songs become dominant.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't know, Zajice. I tend to like Sweetie Bell's outfit more.
But Applebloom's is definitely second.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have bias towards black outfits.

if we guys are being serious for that game project, I saw some .fla files on equestriadaily with somepony's animations iirc. anyone with adobe flash should be able to get them.
I know the ones you're talking about but I don't think those would work for a fighting game where every move needs it's own animation, and a very fluid one at that. Those ones are kinda stiff, and not as good as they could be in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom