• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's currently a game in the works using sprites. Though I don't know what they plan to do with it. All you can do right now is run around and buck trees.

you guys are making a pony game?
what genre etc.?
Fighting of course!

What's better than ponies punching each other with friendship?

I'd be interested in platformers and stuff too though.

D

Deleted member

you can do fluid sprite motions (blazblue) but it would be more work either way.

edit: if it's a fighting game you could start off with mugen

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can draw, but I've never animated anything.

you can do fluid sprite motions (blazblue) but it would be more work either way.

edit: if it's a fighting game you could start off with mugen
Leaf and I were talking about Mugen too. That's probably the best place to start.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im working to improve my graphic skills, so if I get to a level where it looks good ill help :D

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm only talented in the Pixel department sadly. I feel disappoint, Sorry Everypony...
Though I am aiming for a Game Designing College sooner or later.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess if I did frame by frame for everything, I could make the characters. It'd be more effective if I learned how to use flash though and use tweens and such instead of frame by frame.

I've always wanted to be in charge of making the characters for a fighting game though. So that could be fun~ Even if it is tedious.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Modern 2d fighter imo. Something Blazblue-y/MvC3-y.

Which brings the question. Tag team of 3 or single character?

ss118

Smash Master
What's the difference between a "traditional" fighter and a "modern" fighter?

Edit: Single character, by far. MvC can only attempt it because of the huge character select.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id say single for now as its more simple. We can always change it later if we like 3 more though.

D

Deleted member

single and reasonably fast/aerial paced (*cough* rainbowdash) I say. I mean you could drag in a lot of side characters like granny smith but otherwise you could do double teams at best (TVC)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont see a big problem with diversity as of now. Really, the only plain characters are the under developed side characters who we'll probably get more of later anyway, and Fluttershy. I guess Fluttershy could summon her animal friends or something haha.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I agree, 1v1 or tag teams. And I know how to use flash, I've just never made a game with it before, just short animations...

ss118

Smash Master
I can get working on general ideas for movesets. I always wanted to be a game designer. =3

Also hey everyone. Haven't introduced myself. One of my friends showed me this series before I went to a smash tournament and I've been hooked. =3

Ephyon

Smash Champion
2on2 with assist system, a la MvC1.
that would solve the "add minor characters" issue.
like big mac could trample people with a cart, dr whooves could slow the opponent for a couple secs if it hits, ursa minor with a claw swipe, dj pony with a area-of effect soundwave, zakura with a "direction-inverting-eye ray" (she's an evil enchantress, she will put you into trances~) blah blah blah...
also, I'm practicing 3d modeling here. doubt it would help with a 2d fighter. =| I used to tinker around with game maker as well, though, and I practiced some actionscript a few years ago, but not to the point I'd be able to make fighting games out of it, lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Applejack needs to have broken grabs with her lasso, an apple projectile, and that buck that she uses to get the apples out of the trees as a strong hit.

@Ephyon: YES!!! But please let us choose our assist haha

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I understood you, that's what I was thinking. Best thing about those assists is that we can balance them realy easily. Just set the number of uses, more for less devastating and a lower number for powerful ones.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
We might run into an issue of diversity when it comes to the pony's abilities.
Take a look at that fake tier list. I made hypothetical moves for everybody.

It wasn't too difficult. There really is a lot of variation between them.

D

Deleted member

watched up to ep11 now and I'm starting to really like this series.
music still very lacking though.

D

Deleted member

winter wrap-up song was okayish, I'm not really a fan of muscials.
like I'm not expecting Hans Zimmer (PotC, Inception, black hawk down, Avatar etc.) level music in here but it's just lacking imo.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Thought of a couple ideas while I was in my car (and when I say this, I dont mean IT WAS MY IDEA!! I mean I have some thoughts about how it would work or something):

Characters:
- Luna/Nightmare Moon: She should be a character, no doubt, mainly due to a very severe lack of evil characters, but should she be Luna or Nightmare Moon? I was thinking Nightmare Moon with Luna as an alternate costume or something.
- Gilda: Should she be a character or assist? She would be a unique character being the only gryphon in the show at this moment, but she isnt really that different from Dash concept wise aside from claws and a beak. She also isnt really that important of a character, but does it matter enough do to her uniqueness?
- Cutie Mark Crusaders (Applebloom/Scootaloo/Sweety Belle): Should these 3 be a tag team or separate? There's been a large hinting from Lauren Faust that she's going to go more in depth on these characters which would bring out a lot more in them. This could easily give them what they need to be full fledged stand alones, but the question is will it? I really cant form an opinion on this one, so in my opinion I'd say save their development for later until we have more information.

Assists:
- The Wonderbolts: The Wonderbolts would be a perfect assist and have a huge variety of options as of what they could do. My thoughts are that the 4 of them could come flying across the stage in a V formation and basically just be a moving wall of hitbox. Obviously, they wouldn't have a lot of damage input, but multihit or single? Flinch or launch?
- Cockatrice: Not sure if this is even worthy of a spot in the game, but what the hell? He could just pop up and give that glare which could temporarlily freeze any grounded opponent for half a second to a full second. Depending on the physics, this could either be ridiculously broken or beyond terrible. If it gave enough time to hit with supers or criticals, it could lead to easy kills or big damage, but if it only affected opponents in a position easy to avoid, it wouldn't be much help.

Stages:
We'd need stages to actually fight on, so here are some areas I thought would be good.
- Twilight's Library
- Cake's Bakery
- Rarity's Boutique
- The Frozen Lake in Winter Wrap Up (Not sure what the name is, but it would be in the background with the fight taking place in the snow in front)
- Everfree Forest
- Fluttershy's Garden (Cottage isn't unique enough and this fits her more imo)
- Celestia's Throne
- Cloudsdale
- The Dragon's Mountain (Never was given an official name)
- Fillydelphia (No idea what it looks like though :p)

Supers:
- Rainbow Dash: Sonic Rainboom should be her Lv 3 (if that's how it'll work) in my opinion. It could have an initial hitbox of some kind that lauches them, then cut into a short cinematic of her looping back around at her victim, picking up speed, then BAMM!! Rainboom to the face.
- Fluttershy: Better have a counter special. That is all.

Gameplay:
- Friendship: Along with the assist from your Assist Character, we could implement a Friendship Mechanic that allows your teamate to help in some way, wether it be a special only the two characters can pull off while together, a combonation of two specials, or something else entirely, I think it would be epic to add something like this in. It would also give this game that unique flair that separates it from other such games.

That's just some stuff. There was a lot more, but Im still working some of it out in my head.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This is not a discussion I anticipated going into this thread.
You have to agree it would be amazing though.

And so far, as a playable roster, I would say it would look like this:
Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie
Applejack
Rarity
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Derpy Hooves
Princess Celestia
Princess Luna/Nightmare Moon
Cuite Mark Crusaders/(Applebloom/Scootaloo/Sweety Belle)
Trixie (maybe)
Gilda
Spike
Zecora

The last 3 I think could make it as characters as they are more unique between the four of them than any of the other non-main characters

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Bahahahah
this is awesome
:D

I'm watching Suited for Success right now.

Edit: How could you not like Winter Wrap up??
The song is so catchy

Winter wrap up, winter wrap uppppppppppppppppppppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom