• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

john!

Smash Hero
Well obviously john wasn't being serious but zajice was being less serious and obviously i was just being super not serious but john was still being less serious than my super not seriousness.

Did I get that right, john?
feel free to make corrections where necessary.
pretty much. we are all trying to 1-up each other by pretending to be non-serious, because being serious and treating other people as equal humans isn't "cool".

christ, i feel like i'm in grade school again.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
[COLLAPSE="its a kids show"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Teritorial.

^ THIS is obvious trolling, zajice

zajice calling me an idiot with a straight face sounds genuine and i have no way to know whether he's kidding or not. people say that all the time on the internet

but spelt saying that it's "common knowledge" is far more obvious trolling that anyone can detect

and the best part is that you thought that i was serious when i said "zajice, you need to calm down". i wasn't being serious. the joke's on you?
wut lol
How is that obvious, I fail at internet trolling interpretation and just gave up and now take everyone for srs.
well maybe it's because i already know that spelt is a troll.

i still can't fathom how much of a douchebag someone must be to sit down at their computer and call someone an idiot completely unprovoked. internet proving once again that people are *******s.
Well obviously john wasn't being serious but zajice was being less serious and obviously i was just being super not serious but john was still being less serious than my super not seriousness.

Did I get that right, john?
feel free to make corrections where necessary.
pretty much. we are all trying to 1-up each other by pretending to be non-serious, because being serious and treating other people as equal humans isn't "cool".

christ, i feel like i'm in grade school again.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Spelt for best poster.

I missed you so much.

This episode made me think, where did Alicorns come in?
Maybe it's like Starcraft where the Xel'Naga Alicorns were there before the Protoss and Zerg Earth Ponies/Pegasus/Unicorns and actually created them, then when the Protoss tribes started to fight between each other in a giant civil war called the Aeon of Strife the different types of ponies started to fight between each other, the Xel'Naga Alicorns abandoned them. The only difference is the Alicorns came back and prob said they were waiting for them to settle their differences.
But you never know, maybe the Xel'Naga wouldve came back as well if the Overmind they created didnt overtake the Zerg and destory them all.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Unless their mother turns out to be canon or they add a new one, yes, Celestia and Luna are the only 2 known Alicorns.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
What's with Rarity's obsession with rocks, this is like the third time she fought over them.
I'm liking applejack and pinkies shenanigans, they're hilarious together.
Gems are rocks, just very shiny rocks.

The GODS.
They were portrayed as GODS first, warrior gods second.

The gods were above everything, and the royalty went to the gods, even the warrior gods, before they acted.
I don't want to get into the thought of "pony gods" bleeding. From that point in time, they could probably believe any power as "gods."

More Greek than godlike.

Also those ice ponies that froze things were Windegos.
Pretty much this since this is where most of the mythological creatures cameo in the show are based from.

Are there more than two alicorns? I thought Celestia and Luna were the only ones.
As of now, yes only 2. However rumor rumors have been floating around the MLP FiM community of possible leaked third alicorn of unknown nature in name(?) and appearance, and really has no solid ground in confirmation underneath it.

BSP

Smash Legend
The last couple of pages is the reason why when I do troll, if ever, I make it extremely obvious.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I wasn't expecting another catfight here. Of all the people that had to be serious, these are the worst ones yet.

I'm a tired pegasi. But, I'd like to see what's gonna happen in the next episode.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
This thread needs more love and less trolling

Also, i'm kinda concerned about the lack of responses to my hotel room, if people nee a palce to stay then say so, if i dont get replies soon, i'm going to have to not bother and find someone else to stay with

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, but ive got someone else with me now. So either these people get back in contact with me or i come invade your area XD
Cheers for telling me though ^.^

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If im somehow able to make it (there's prob around a 5% chance of that happening) I already have housing, so Im set lol. Ill know for sure if I can go or not on the 26th though.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
The episode was... inadequate to me, though I really enjoyed the plot of the comedy. Pinkie Pie was amazing this episode, like, wow. It was enthralling as it approached its climax, but it did not satisfy afterward. There were some moments that brought me to laughter, but I do not feel that compensates for much. 5/10 for me on this episode.
Fluttershy had some very interesting facial expressions, I am impressed.

Read through a about ten pages since my last visit, as I've been gone for two days. Lost to a lot.

john!

Smash Hero
serious question: why does everyone hate the person being trolled, and love the troll?

i honestly don't think i'm being trolled, because i'm fully aware that people are trying to troll me and are looking for a reaction. i just don't bother "avoiding feeding the troll" because that never works. i'm not scared to tell them what i think.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Because if you "feed" the troll, the trolling act proved successful. I hope you understand by now that trolling is provocative, and trolls thrive on the reaction more than the reply itself, which is just supplementary.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I came to this thread to talk about MLP FiM but **** is getting out of hand.

If you're asking about a serious question, fine, this is what I see from what's been happening:
People hate the person being trolled when they become mega defensive in continuous postings.
People love the troll because he provides what they perceived to be "entertaining."
Replying is a "reaction" and is, even if a little, "feeding" the troll, cause it gives the troll something to work with.
Best course of action, continue posting normally (talking about ponies) as if the provoking post did not exist so that person looks like he's just communicating with an imaginary person.

Now I can now see more about FiM, please?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Alba, the PinkieApplejack pairing dynamic they had this episode was probably one of the best duos the series has made yet. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I can't really see Pinkie being the reasonable, straight-man of the comedy-duo of the pairing. Thinking inside the chimney is what got her there in the first place.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Alba, the PinkieApplejack pairing dynamic they had this episode was probably one of the best duos the series has made yet. :applejack:
Uncontested.

How would they survive if she suddenly just, shut up?
This is one of the things I found funny in this episode, aside from the incongruous banter leading up to the climax, this made episode for me.

Most of Pinkie Pie's lines seem to supplement the satirical matrix. She's doing good this season, in terms of humour, at least.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Funny enough, Pinkie shut up after she was frozen, and it was only then that everypony finally wised up.
Needless to say, her shutting up saved soon-to-be-Equestria. :applejack:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Being encapsulated in ice brings "chill out" to a perceptibly literal sense, in this case, calming down to bring about resolution and conciliation. I wish Applejack said more in this episode, as all of her remarks toward Pinkie Pie were hilarious.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
did anyone post the lyrics to the Christmas carol the ponies were singing at the end of the play in Hearth's Warming Eve yet?

Daniel Ingram posted them on his facebook page so.....yeah.

‎"A Circle of Friends"

The Fire of Friendship lives in our hearts
As long as as it burns we cannot drift apart
Though quarrels arise their numbers are few
Laughter and singing will see us through

We are a circle of pony friends
A circle of friends we'll be 'til the very end

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
did anyone post the lyrics to the Christmas carol the ponies were singing at the end of the play in Hearth's Warming Eve yet?

Daniel Ingram posted them on his facebook page so.....yeah.

‎"A Circle of Friends"

The Fire of Friendship lives in our hearts
As long as as it burns we cannot drift apart
Though quarrels arise their numbers are few
Laughter and singing will see us through

We are a circle of pony friends
A circle of friends we'll be 'til the very end
Why did this remind me of the worms armageddon theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom