• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
I think fluttershy would hate duck hunt the most if she meet all the smash bros characters.

vZakat

Half Genie
Another MLP thread in MM? Why am I just finding this? Now I can talk about ponies since the DR MLP thread is dead lol.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
It only took 2+ years, but the higher ups finally gave Zaj the okay to revive the MM Pony thread. And most of the (remaining) fans weren't gonna go premium just for the DR Pony Thread, let alone the social group not working as intended for the Pony SG.

Honestly there isn't much to talk about. Sure there's Season 4 that we haven't really discussed since our threads and groups have been down, but at the same time nothing too notable -- same goes for Rainbow Rocks. Fan works haven't been doing too big either, especially with artists/musicians/animators either on leave, hiatus, or cracked down on C&D's.

So practically this all dead until Season 5 hits the air. Or whatever leaks that would get y'all excited and me outraged for being leaks.

Khao

Smash Lord
Huh, so there's ponies in here. Neat.

I really, really ****ing love this show (to the point I made a full freaking Mega Man crossover fangame last year), been watching since the short wait between seasons 1 and 2 and I've had a blast with it so far.

I'm getting pretty excited about Season 5, the teasers they've been releasing kinda show nothing, but they're so freaking omnious that I can't even begin to guess what's gonna happen. Feels like ****'s seriously gonna get real at some point through the season.

Last edited:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Woo! A MLP topic! I love the show! I love my Rarity Doll! I love- erm MLP in general '-'

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I started watching the show since the wait for season 2 as well. Twilight Sparkle's always been my favorite pony with Rarity as a close second.

It's a shame that a lot of friends of mine have lost interest in the show... mostly because of the ending to season 3 and problems within the fandom. As for myself, I'm really indifferent to whatever the fandom does. It really is possible to enjoy show you like without concerning yourself with any of the drama people surrounding it stir up. Wish other people could see that. Also, season 4's ending fixed everything wrong about the ending in season 3.

Last edited:

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
The only season 5 teaser trailer I saw was this Pinkie Pie one, which kinda seemed like it was a movie teaser trailer. Didn't show anything new, but it's too soon anyways since it won't be till Spring.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread doesn't move at the glorious speed that the previous did. Let me help remedy that by actually posting again.

I'm going through old classic pony videos lately. Used to love me them pony ytpmvs. Still do.

Have wun.

Huh, so there's ponies in here. Neat.

I really, really ****ing love this show (to the point I made a full freaking Mega Man crossover fangame last year), been watching since the short wait between seasons 1 and 2 and I've had a blast with it so far.

I'm getting pretty excited about Season 5, the teasers they've been releasing kinda show nothing, but they're so freaking omnious that I can't even begin to guess what's gonna happen. Feels like ****'s seriously gonna get real at some point through the season.
Wait you made that? Geez, small world, lol.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I mentioned in the xat about bandwagoners leaving mid/post S2 then a decent amount losing interest by S3 so I don't expect too much activity since then.

That analytical video about there being too much analyzing videos in the fandom or rather trying to read a little too deeply killing the magic of this community or fandom got me reflecting on this predicament.

Last time we tried to be active, we were under heavy amounts of restrictions. People left cause they didn't want to follow rules.

Anyways the teasers are still just recaps so we wouldn't get much out of them, but at least a more precise timing of Spring.

So far Sunset Shimmer is the only toy first that eventually made it to canon, but I wonder about those recent alicorn toys going to play a role or be a second thought like newborn baby princess Skyla.
:phone:

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
That analytical video about there being too much analyzing videos in the fandom or rather trying to read a little too deeply killing the magic of this community or fandom got me reflecting on this predicament.
That seems interesting. :link:?

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
It's a recent post in EqD and I'm on my phone at work. If you haven't found it by then, I'll post it when I get home. Pretty much there's an increasing amount of people doing video analysis that in the end is hurting the community or the way the show is enjoyed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Problem is that the analytical fans are starting to expect too much from a show that didn't have any to begin with. You can't go flip flopping like that because the quality per episode is never guaranteed. Different writers come and go, and the fandom that does those videos need to realize that not every episode is going to be A Canterlot Wedding or Sleepless in Ponyville.

:applejack:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't even bother watching those videos. Only ones I found semi-interesting were the parody ones on Sherclop's channel.

"Rarity goes away forever."

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
TBBBAP is good too, mostly because even the serious opinions are played for laughs. It's the one channel that feels like genuine opinion is played down because everyone will agree to disagree, and I love it for that.

It's not like they were always bad though. Oliver and Digibro were really fun to listen to back in Season 1, Oliver in S2. There were a few less popoular brony that hopped along for the ride too, but after S2 those big two kinda slowly degraded to cherry picking everything about the show, and it just salted the experience.

TBBBAP doesn't give a **** about artistic integrity in their analysis, and that's why I love it so much. It's impossible to take seriously, so it's best to just sit back and enjoy them talking about it. :applejack:

Also, Digibro hated Twilight's Kingdom. He can suck a fat one. The fact that he dropped off after that cast on Youtube made me smile so hard.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
The serious stuff makes me instinctively look for flaws in each episode which is stupid and counter-intuitive to watching the show. Parodies are fun -- to a certain point at least for me. Have fun doing so, but don't "play to win".
Took me several pages to find, EqD posts like crazy for having several different staff posting.
Tommy Oliver - Did Analysis Damage The Fandom?

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Time for my daily (starting now) pony video~

Featuring the best song ever written ever of all time.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
The justice system got me interested in seeing some (more) on screen banishments and/or exiles.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I got linked to that stupid video 5 times in an hour when it came out. I'm sick of it. :applejack:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So do we have an official premier day for season 5 yet? I've been listening to the soundtrack for RR still and Shine like Rainbows has been stuck in my head for a while lol

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
So do we have an official premier day for season 5 yet? I've been listening to the soundtrack for RR still and Shine like Rainbows has been stuck in my head for a while lol
I think its still marked down as 2Q 2015. Unfortunately, we won't be seeing it til roughly the middle of the year. I just got done watching Rainbow Rocks though, and I have to say it has a much better ending then the original imho, but it still doesn't beat the song Helping Twilight Win the Crown (Equestria Girls) in terms of music...though it does have some awesome music.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Venn Diagram 2Q and Spring, and you get a premiere estimation between April and May.

===

Don't worry, those promise are only delayed ... indefinitely ... like everything that he needed to be done. (guiltyregretfulface)

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I still like watching this show, but it feels like it's been going down in quality ever since S3. Main reason I say this is due to some of the episodes either being really terrible (Spike at Your Service, Magical Mystery Cure, etc) or just mediocre. Sure the first two seasons had these type of episodes as well, but there were also some really good episodes like Hurricane Fluttershy, for example.

Besides this, FIM is still one of the better animated shows this decade. I just don't think S3 & S4 aren't as good as the previous seasons.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
So I got to thinking the other day, since Twilight and Cadence are alicorns, does that mean they have never ending lives or prolonged life like Celestia and Luna?

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Season 4 made up a lot for the shortcomings of Season 3. There were still a few questionable quality of episodes in 4, but with 26 episodes it's really not that bad in ratio compared to 3. Season 4 would be pretty close to Season 2, with Season 1 slightly about 2. 3 obviously somewhere below everything. Just forget about any bad taste Season 3 might have left, it's still going strong.

As for the alicorn longevity, it's still up in the air til the writers clarify it. All we get is that alicorns live a prolonged life. Amy Keating Rogers' The Journal of the Two Sisters or G.M. Berrow's series don't touch on it at all for Twilight or Cadance.
All we can do for now is assume. My first take on it is that the two princesses are born-alicorns and have the prolonged life inherently as The Journal mentions the two sisters first living / learning among alicorns, possibly being born themselves ones. Cadance (Twilight Sparkle in the Crystal Spell) and Twilight being ascended to alicornhood by Celestia could retain their same life expectancy as a Unicorn/Pegasus). My second take on it is that the two princesses themselves were ascended and this whole alicorn thing is about ascension in which all alicorns would have prolonged life.
In other words I should quit being the overanalytical idiot who analyzes everything wrong and just enjoy the show.

Top Bottom