• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Hammer is Bigger Than Yours: A Dedede Combo video.

CO18

Smash Hero
Ill upload it to youtube sometime soon, its not like I can even do it like 20% it just like sometime randomly works which makes me think it's a particular position near the edge.

CO18

Smash Hero
I did it a couple times before, I think D3 needs to be doing it at a very slight uphill angle to do it to Wolf, but not sure.
Hmm everytime Ive done its been on FD :/ so I dont think thats it.

Im not entirely sure myself lol. I just think it has to deal with perfect positioning.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
personally, i think it might be a DI thing.

get a human wolf to die away and down, and see if u ever get that grab.

i kno the d-throw has set-knockback or w.e. but i also kno that wen the d-throw is off the ledge, the opponent can di down or toward u, affecting the ability to grab again, or get those "free" dtilts on characters like snake.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Hm, I tried Yoshi's Island and had an ok time infiniting wolf on the little hill there, but it was only a level 5 CPU, so it might've been able to tech out, not sure. If only wolf had a 1 frame attack like Snake or Marth, then we could see if he could escape any possible infinite.

Well, this sucks for wario, but I think I just did an infinite on him like Bowser, just not as slow, but its really hard to time. Sucks to be wario T.T

CO18

Smash Hero
Hm, I tried Yoshi's Island and had an ok time infiniting wolf on the little hill there, but it was only a level 5 CPU, so it might've been able to tech out, not sure. If only wolf had a 1 frame attack like Snake or Marth, then we could see if he could escape any possible infinite.

Well, this sucks for wario, but I think I just did an infinite on him like Bowser, just not as slow, but its really hard to time. Sucks to be wario T.T
I think wolf's reflector comes out in one frame.

CO18

Smash Hero
Ah, true. Well, Thats a good way to test it then. As for the Wario one, looks like that one was a fluke, the idiot DI'ed into my grabbing >.>
speaking of which I forgot to mention it but I think i may have found and infinite on wario

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
me too, its gona be in my vid comming up ;)

wait till the vid comes out to say ur idea :)

P.S. aiming for the end of this weekend to have it done.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Well, I've learned how to infinite like a champ now, but now I can't use the Cstick for smashes, ah well, only ever used the Dsmash anyway. Its soo much easier though then the X grab, since you can't get a shield error to come up, meaning the timing is more loose. As for Wario, I'll help you like I said in the other topic, I like him, but I like D3 more for tournies XD.

CO18

Smash Hero
me too, its gona be in my vid comming up ;)

wait till the vid comes out to say ur idea :)

P.S. aiming for the end of this weekend to have it done.
lol, oops too late. If you saw the topic was that were you thinking?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
yeah, I like using Shield cancel grab or Z for my grabs though, just natural since I ALWAYS play online.

Bricksticking is the way to go for infinites, now to get used to doing my areals with the Joystick.

Tyser

Smash Champion
How is Cstick better for infiniting? Im trying to do it and I dont get it :S. When I normally infinite CG, I just hit Z/Y twice when I see that blue impacto wave on the butt smash and I get it down 99% of the time.
BTW, sorry if Im stinkin up your (CO18) thread with all my random questions :S.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Saw this on Gimpy's Fav List and it was Epic. I can never land those kinds of spikes.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Ah, the Cstick makes it so the shield doesn't pop up, so you have an easier time landing the grab as there can be no shield error. I'm trying to get the X way to work, but I can only do it consistently for about 15 times before I screw up, the Cstick, I can get a DK from 0-999 easily, but I lose good areal control T.T

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
no, u just have to relearn ariel control, but if u think about it. you dont need ariel control where 1 grab=someones stock.

just saying >_>
its not a bad trade, for THOSE matchups

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Its the lack of being able to DI with the control stick, and attack with the C stick, thats the one thing I got used to using the Cstick, not for the smashes, just for attacks, but yeah, you have a very good point.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
I don't get it - if you change your controller configuration in order to make certain control aspects easier, what happens when you go play a tournament on a different wii? Do they let you set up your controls how ever you want, ignoring the defaults if you wish? Obviously all tourneys will be different until MLG starts brawling, but let me know.

CO18

Smash Hero
I don't get it - if you change your controller configuration in order to make certain control aspects easier, what happens when you go play a tournament on a different wii? Do they let you set up your controls how ever you want, ignoring the defaults if you wish? Obviously all tourneys will be different until MLG starts brawling, but let me know.
You just change your controls before your match lol.

PimpinTZ

Smash Cadet
Yeah, you just save your controls everytime you go to a different wii if you want. Doesnt take that long. lol

CO18

Smash Hero
nice vid. go to a fl tourney or some thing like gigs or an FIU tourney so we can fight.

-DDDkiller3000
O Im coming to next gigs in 2 weeks. You gonna b there?

I saw you beat seibrik at the miami pnt so I guess thats up with the ddd killer tag lol based off his snakekiller3000.

Also, thanks alot heretic.

CO18

Smash Hero
i won the sets at brawl wars D:

just recently lost this weekend to him tho in a set! :D

hes toooo good
Oh my bad thats what I meant. lol got confused. Brawlapalooza, yeah i saw ur bracket,

Raven told me you went snake after you beat him with DDD and lost.

Prob shoulve stuck with DDD. Couldve won lol.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
O Im coming to next gigs in 2 weeks. You gonna b there?

I saw you beat seibrik at the miami pnt so I guess thats up with the ddd killer tag lol based off his snakekiller3000.

Also, thanks alot heretic.
no ima be in an OOS melee tourney. so maybe next brawl gigs

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Oh my bad thats what I meant. lol got confused. Brawlapalooza, yeah i saw ur bracket,

Raven told me you went snake after you beat him with DDD and lost.

Prob shoulve stuck with DDD. Couldve won lol.
thats what chops and afro told me.

he picked luigi's mansion and i wasn't comfortable with using ddd there, even tho afterwards afro told me ddd can do just as well, if not better, at surviving there as snake (which is why i went snake). but for the third match i went FD and DDD, the 2nd stock he managed to gimp me at 88%, which is the first time i've died below 140 from a meta knight in the past month. i still managed to make it a rediculously close, last hit match tho.... if only i didn't die so early -cry-

CO18

Smash Hero
thats what chops and afro told me.

he picked luigi's mansion and i wasn't comfortable with using ddd there, even tho afterwards afro told me ddd can do just as well, if not better, at surviving there as snake (which is why i went snake). but for the third match i went FD and DDD, the 2nd stock he managed to gimp me at 88%, which is the first time i've died below 140 from a meta knight in the past month. i still managed to make it a rediculously close, last hit match tho.... if only i didn't die so early -cry-
Oh I see. playing on weegees vs MK is weird. Ive played raven there before, you can win but you basically have to like camp near the edges of the stage/ on the 2nd and 3rd floors while destroying the building lol or w/e because nado ***** inside.

Top Bottom