• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Hammer is Bigger Than Yours: A Dedede Combo video.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah, so basically this is my first combo video. I hope I introduced some new things in it..
Been working on this for awhile but I have sort of been lazy through the process. Shold've been done months ago -.-

Anyway, Hope you enoy it.
WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY!!! Normal is crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szMrD5mo7V0

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
you did a nice job with this combo video. and i expected a combo vid with only chaingrabing or something. i actually learned some stuff with this combo video.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Call me crazy, but when you were performing those WoPs your opponents looked like they werent even DIing at all. Were these over WiFi?

CO18

Smash Hero
Call me crazy, but when you were performing those WoPs your opponents looked like they werent even DIing at all. Were these over WiFi?
Some were. I dont believe any of the wops were over wifi.

But almost everything is offline.

PimpinTZ

Smash Cadet
Amazing video man.

I really like the pivot grabs. Some of it is very creative like the up tilt to pivot grab and ive never though to pivot grab to punish a spot dodge after a down throw.

great stuff and u wop 2 gud.

laird

Smash Apprentice
some of your opponents didnt DI or airdodge out of the WoPs like...to a degree where it was more a showcase of their lack of skill rather than your ability.

All in all though, you have a sick DDD and i especially loved the tech-chasing.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Good **** 18. I felt what defined this video as a smasher was the tech chasing. That's what made YOUR skill stick out. Everything else was meh, we've all done it before.

Just want to add I hope u don't attempt some of that stuff when money is on the line bro, like the up B spikes lol, despite the sexiness

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i personally thought it was kind of boring, your opponents are the worst that i've ever seen in a combo video, i'm sure if i made a combo video of me playing my room mates instead of the EB's crew i would look like i programmed the game. i think you are a really good ddd but you need to teach your friends how to play better.

CO18

Smash Hero
i personally thought it was kind of boring, your opponents are the worst that i've ever seen in a combo video, i'm sure if i made a combo video of me playing my room mates instead of the EB's crew i would look like i programmed the game. i think you are a really good ddd but you need to teach your friends how to play better.
lol Everyone in the vid is really good minus like 3 people, are you saying ppl like futile,ally, and tapion are bad?

No worries though its all good, thx for the comments guys.

OverLade

Smash Hero
You forget that Combo videos are highlights. These things aren't going to happen every single time. Even pros get caught unaware on the occasion and stuff like this happens to them. But things like WOP and Tech chasing will happen to everyone, so you really can't judge ANYONES skill based on a vid like this except the person who made the video.

And CO's friends are good, so don't worry.

some of your opponents didnt DI or airdodge out of the WoPs like...to a degree where it was more a showcase of their lack of skill rather than your ability.
And you can't DI or Airdodge WOP without dying if you've already used your second jump, which most everyone will do to try and escape. Characters without fast aerials, uber dominance in the air, or a counter move arent going to survive a WOP like that. CO just does a couple extra kicks to make it sexy.

Good **** CO.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Geeze dude, Freaking beastly. Love the WOP combos you just kinda throw in for giggles. Great DDD 5.2/5

CO18

Smash Hero
ahh i still cant get that pivot grab to **** spot dodge down :(.
It's really not that hard, I just like full out sprint then once I get basically over the char I just do the pivot grab then.

Also its teh koskinator!! :laugh: lol best ganon ever

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
some good **** i saw, but it felt a bit repetative, but it was a good consistant repetative.

im actually in the process of makin a vid myself, its gona be a bit broader, showing some of the more.... rediculous things that can happen i guess u could say, more check mate situations rather than, "u lost ur jump, now ur screwed" lol

hope u guys enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed watching co18's vid. :)

PimpinTZ

Smash Cadet
It's really not that hard, I just like full out sprint then once I get basically over the char I just do the pivot grab then.

Also its teh koskinator!! :laugh: lol best ganon ever
I was starting to get it then my friend left. lol ;)

M@v

Subarashii!
like the WOP mixups and variations. Im decent at WOP, but I have been looking for ways to make it more effective. Does that bair wop finished by an fair work a lot?

CO18

Smash Hero
like the WOP mixups and variations. Im decent at WOP, but I have been looking for ways to make it more effective. Does that bair wop finished by an fair work a lot?
I use that more if theyre like not an extremely low percent around 30 or so.

But it works and the fair will usually kill them flat out if theyre pretty far.

Edit: Also you need to make a post.

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
Yeah, CO's a brilliant fighter, and there's a lot to learn from him. Great vid and fun to watch. Good **** man, gooood ****. I'll be fapping to that later tonight (>.__.)>

I need to get a new account here... >__>

boomshakalaka

Smash Cadet
LOL LUMEN
anyways
dam this d3 is the fn best ive ever played, the video was sick
good **** co

CO18

Smash Hero
Co18 is da man. I hate you for putting me just for a sec XD (U know what I mean)
But ur the best player in the world, had 2 lol.

Seriously go to HOBO 11 in tx, azen and m2k is supposed to be there.

So you can **** every1 there man XD just like you do in canada. 2 gud

Edit: Take Holy with you too.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
But ur the best player in the world, had 2 lol.

Seriously go to HOBO 11 in tx, azen and m2k is supposed to be there.

So you can **** every1 there man XD just like you do in canada. 2 gud

Edit: Take Holy with you too.
I'll pick up the slack if he doesn't make it ;)

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I learned quite a lot from this video. My wall of pain and spiking with super D3 jump have gotten so much better, and makes so many people mad. I'd like to ask, How do you get used to infiniting? I just can't get the hang of it for the life of me. I can do it on bowser, but then hes so incredibly easy to do it to >.<.

Oh, I've also thought of a landing combo with Nair I think you could try. I think it went... Minihop Dair or Bair, then Nair before you land, cuts down on landing time a tad, but it doesn't work all the time.

CO18

Smash Hero
I learned quite a lot from this video. My wall of pain and spiking with super D3 jump have gotten so much better, and makes so many people mad. I'd like to ask, How do you get used to infiniting? I just can't get the hang of it for the life of me. I can do it on bowser, but then hes so incredibly easy to do it to >.<.

Oh, I've also thought of a landing combo with Nair I think you could try. I think it went... Minihop Dair or Bair, then Nair before you land, cuts down on landing time a tad, but it doesn't work all the time.
Good to know. :)

Also for infiniting it just takes practice on the timing really. Like you cant just spam the grab button because a shield will randomly pop up quite often. Just have to get the timing down with pressing it once.

Sebrik uses the c-stick and he says it's much easier to get the timing down since a shield wont randomly pop up so you could try that as well.

I personally use X for grab.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Ok, looks like the Dair only works for a full hopped Dair, but works with a minihopped Fair or Bair, and I've also found, that D3's Nair when landing from a large jump, actually has a little less landing lag then his normal landing, but its very minimal.

Thanks for the tip with infiniting, I'll try X instead of Z then.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Yeah, familiar after I watched your vid "Samus-T," you just jacked all his material!

You must think you're pretty cool Coachella Valley.

ROFL Good vid, btw.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i went to maryland!!

prolly goin to another OOS tourny soemtime in the next month or so as well!

duno which one yet tho

any ideas?

(after october most likely)

Top Bottom