• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
This still doesn't make any sense.

Your play isn't seemingly anti-green; it's entirely anti-green. You just said that you "really only saw OS as being blue", and your conclusion from that was "I bet the recruiter got roleblocked", then proceeded to vote him off? If you were really convinced OS was not on the green team, then he was probably mafia. Then you proceed to HELP vote him off, when you thought that there was only one mafia and voting him off would end the game.
As I said, I thought OS was blue. I didn't see him as mafia, due to that Kirbyoshi event. In retrospect though, I probably should of.
This makes even less sense. The best thing you could've done for your team is to claim green; then you'd have been a lynch target since no one would know if you were green or mafia, and it would reduce their chances of finding mafia. You realize that the reason they got Overswarm was because they only had two suspects to choose from (Frozenflame and OS), right?
Uhh, no. As green, I didn't want to be a lynch target, at all. I don't see how it doesn't make sense. Summoner, Frozen, and OS were all okay lynches for the blue team. YesterDay, if I was also a lynch target, then the blue team (who I thought then had 5 players) could simply pick any of us off. Not good either way I look at it.

So the way I saw it:

I could either be a default lynch for the blue team. If they lynch me, they get up 4-2(after the nk) ( also this is the way it looked then) and are still in a great position to win. Not good.

I could try avoiding being a default lynch for the blue team, but by doing so work against my own team. Still not good, but at the very least I could of hoped for enough killings of blue players to the point that it would of evened up the score.

You lucked out in that there turned out to be four mafia instead of two, but the logic of "let's give them a 50/50 chance at lynching scum by hiding!" doesn't make sense.
Are you talking about OS here? Is so, read above. I wasn't using the 50/50 logic, I really thought he was blue. I know this might be hard to believe, but it's the truth. The way I saw it, green was ****ed anyways so I might as well of taken a long shot and hoped that OS was actually blue. [/QUOTE]

I claimed green because I felt that since there are two scum left, it would be better to higher the changes of catching scum, and catching scum at this point is of higher priority to me then getting my team at ahead.

Also, sorry to rain on your parade, bub, but in case you didn't notice, blue doesn't have the numbers anymore to lynch me by themselves. On top of that, if I AM lynched, then you're putting yourselves in lylo, since I'm green. Even if I am lynched, and then Frozen follows the next day, then that's two NKs, and you guys are left in lylo. So it's not as cleared cut as you make it out to be.

As blue, I would definitely be more careful who you lynch for then you are right now. If someone else votes me, I'll be at L_1, and Frozen will probably hammer me, since he'll be lynched toMarrow anyways.

Oh, and another thing, Summoner probably ain't going to be helping you guys toMarrow get a lynch on Frozen before the EC, just saying.

@TDA: Summoner is a lot more cleared right now, true, but you can never be too careful. I want to avoid all possible quick lynches. I do take back, however, that putting him at L_2 would be dangerous, since it would be nice if mafia outted both themselves by quick lynching. xD

#HBC | Dancer

EBWOP: I messed up some of my last post's formatting. Here it is fixed.

This still doesn't make any sense.

Your play isn't seemingly anti-green; it's entirely anti-green. You just said that you "really only saw OS as being blue", and your conclusion from that was "I bet the recruiter got roleblocked", then proceeded to vote him off? If you were really convinced OS was not on the green team, then he was probably mafia. Then you proceed to HELP vote him off, when you thought that there was only one mafia and voting him off would end the game.
As I said, I thought OS was blue. I didn't see him as mafia, due to that Kirbyoshi event. In retrospect though, I probably should of.

This makes even less sense. The best thing you could've done for your team is to claim green; then you'd have been a lynch target since no one would know if you were green or mafia, and it would reduce their chances of finding mafia. You realize that the reason they got Overswarm was because they only had two suspects to choose from (Frozenflame and OS), right?
Uhh, no. As green, I didn't want to be a lynch target, at all. I don't see how it doesn't make sense. Summoner, Frozen, and OS were all okay lynches for the blue team. YesterDay, if I was also a lynch target, then the blue team (who I thought then had 5 players) could simply pick any of us off. Not good either way I look at it.

So the way I saw it:

I could either be a default lynch for the blue team. If they lynch me, they get up 4-2(after the nk) ( also this is the way it looked then) and are still in a great position to win. Not good.

I could try avoiding being a default lynch for the blue team, but by doing so work against my own team. Still not good, but at the very least I could of hoped for enough killings of blue players to the point that it would of evened up the score.

You lucked out in that there turned out to be four mafia instead of two, but the logic of "let's give them a 50/50 chance at lynching scum by hiding!" doesn't make sense.
Are you talking about OS here? Is so, read above. I wasn't using the 50/50 logic, I really thought he was blue. I know this might be hard to believe, but it's the truth. The way I saw it, green was ****ed anyways so I might as well of taken a long shot and hoped that OS was actually blue.

(In retrospect, I'm trying to remember if Summoner was ever actually confirmed to be a power role as claimed)

And on top of that- by claiming green just now, you made the most anti-green move possible.

Before you claimed, we could prove via voting statistics (assuming Gheb as confirmed blue) that the two mafia had to be in this group:

Praxis/Sworddancer/thedocsalive/Riddle

That gives blue team a 50% chance of lynching scum, and a 50% chance of lynching a member of the Blue team.

You claiming Green, though, gives us two choices:

The Praxis/thedocsalive/Riddle group contains one Mafia, and the Sworddancer/Frozenflame/SummonerAU group contains one Mafia.

And guess what? Voting for someone in the latter group is risk-less for Blue team. No chance of taking out a Blue player.

If you really are green, you're our MVP :chuckle:

So, the play for CVA should be very obvious; we have to vote out someone who is claimed Green, because there is three of them and one is Mafia. It's totally safe for Blue team, and has a 33% chance of lynching scum.

Vote: Sworddancer

This vote will stay until you come up with an explanation for playing anti-green that actually makes sense. If you can't give a reasonable explain why you lied, then Lynch All Liars applies.

Can anyone tell me if SummonerAU has done something to validate that he's actually an Interrupter? I just remember him sending everyone to lynch Meta-Kirby without explanation.
I claimed green because I felt that since there are two scum left, it would be better to higher the changes of catching scum, and catching scum at this point is of higher priority to me then getting my team at ahead.

Also, sorry to rain on your parade, bub, but in case you didn't notice, blue doesn't have the numbers anymore to lynch me by themselves. On top of that, if I AM lynched, then you're putting yourselves in lylo, since I'm green. Even if I am lynched, and then Frozen follows the next day, then that's two NKs, and you guys are left in lylo. So it's not as cleared cut as you make it out to be.

As blue, I would definitely be more careful who you lynch for then you are right now. If someone else votes me, I'll be at L_1, and Frozen will probably hammer me, since he'll be lynched toMarrow anyways.

Oh, and another thing, Summoner probably ain't going to be helping you guys toMarrow get a lynch on Frozen before the EC, just saying.

@TDA: Summoner is a lot more cleared right now, true, but you can never be too careful. I want to avoid all possible quick lynches. I do take back, however, that putting him at L_2 would be dangerous, since it would be nice if mafia outted both themselves by quick lynching. xD

#HBC | Dancer

Whoops did my math wrong there.

Point still stands, you guys would be in LYLO by Day 7 if you mislynch now, so I'll still be more careful than you are being now.

@Summoner: I don't really feel Gheb is scum, I think he was just playing lazy this game after his "clear".

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We have 2 greens left - one of them being Summoner. Sworddancer and Frozen both claimed green meaning that one of them has to be a liar. So we lynch one of them before the EC and if it's a mislynch we're lynching the other one in lylo toMorrow.

Deal?

:059:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
@Praxis: Summoner is like 1000x more confirmed than Gheb atm. Check posts 414-417. In addition, neither of the other claimed greens have counterclaimed interrupter/roleblocker. I admit I was a big fan of Gheb's clear previously, but I think he needs to be seriously looked at later as the scum hiding among blue claims.
I don't disagree with Gheb, but...all that confirmed was that Summoner had a Night action. Then when pressed, he claimed Green.

Mafia can have Night Actions too, and no one wants to claim Blue with an active Masonry. He'd have been forced to claim Green once it was revealed that he had a Night Action. Dark_Ermac only complained about the prods and specified that he did provide Chibo with his night action, which could have been a NK or another ability.

IMO, all three are valid suspects. Frozen's been our 'safe lynch' for a while as there's no way to confirm him, Summoner's been relatively trusted, and Sworddancer just had a sudden random scummy breakdown.

Either way; lynch a claimed green before the EC. My money's on Sworddancer.

(If Sworddancer flips Green, maybe Summoner can roleblock Frozenflame?)

Summoner, can you give us a list of who you've roleblocked? While it doesn't confirm non-mafia, it does confirm who doesn't have a NK ability, I think.

@ Sworddancer:
So, work against your win condition to avoid being lynched yourself? To what end?

Blue team was trying to lynch scum. If you got picked out, you helped Green by saving the 'last' scum. That's why Meta-Kirby self-lynched, isn't it?

So the way I saw it:

So instead, you joined Blue team to help them win, so you wouldn't get lynched?

Fantastic. I'm tracking voting statistics and would love to see who doesn't vote with Blue team, after claiming Blue.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I don't disagree with Gheb, but...all that confirmed was that Summoner had a Night action. Then when pressed, he claimed Green.

Mafia can have Night Actions too, and no one wants to claim Blue with an active Masonry. He'd have been forced to claim Green once it was revealed that he had a Night Action. Dark_Ermac only complained about the prods and specified that he did provide Chibo with his night action, which could have been a NK or another ability.
It is unlikely that Ermac could or would pre-submit a NK four days (or whatever) in advance when he had two other scumbuddies alive. While it is possible that individual mafia members could have other night choices, the fact remains that neither Sword nor frozen has counterclaimed Summoner as the green interrupter. We also know that green MUST have an interrupter, because blue did, and the OP notes that both town sides have the same power roles.

I understand that you want to be open-minded, but Summoner is as confirmed as can be at this point. Sword or frozen has to be one of the last two mafia.

We have 2 greens left - one of them being Summoner. Sworddancer and Frozen both claimed green meaning that one of them has to be a liar. So we lynch one of them before the EC and if it's a mislynch we're lynching the other one in lylo toMorrow.

Deal?

That's basically the plan, yeah.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Yeah, pretty much just waiting for Frozen's input before the lynch.

Praxis, I don't know about this game, but normally mafia can just pick who does the night kill. Do you know otherwise?

If Sworddancer is scum, I still don't like Praxis.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Praxis, I don't know about this game, but normally mafia can just pick who does the night kill. Do you know otherwise?
This is my second mafia game; I'm basing things off of my first game, which was hosted by OS. I don't have the slightest clue what the normal setup is. In my last game, a mafia had NK as an ability, and if he got roleblocked or killed, the NK was not carried out, and if killed, the NK ability was passed to someone else who had an inactive NK ability. Kind of like how the Recruit ability is passed on in this game of the Leader dies.

How does this compare to normal games?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote Sworddancer

Frozen has to be scum if Sworddancer flips Green. Let's lynch before the EC starts. Gogogo!

#HBC | Dancer

Green losses if I get lynched, since Summoner will probably get killed off now since scum doesn't want a confirmed townie going this late into the game. This is frusterating, green was put into an unwinnable situation right from the start and I probably just put the final nail in the coffin.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on August 12th.
7 players are alive and it takes 4 to lynch!

Vote Count:

• SummonerAU: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (3) Praxis, Riddle, Gheb_01
  • Frozenflame751: (1) Sworddancer.
  • Gheb_01: (0)
  • Praxis: (0)
  • Riddle: (0)
  • thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (3) SummonerAU, Frozenflame751, thedocsalive

Get it on!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Vote: Sworddancer

I was going to do this after Frozen talked but whatever. Sworddancer, you should have realised Frozen was already scum before the team claim if you are green.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on August 12th.
7 players are alive and it takes 4 to lynch!

Vote Count:

• Sworddancer.: (4) Praxis, Riddle, Gheb_01, SummonerAU
  • Frozenflame751: (1) Sworddancer.
  • thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (2) Frozenflame751, thedocsalive

Sworddancer. has been lynced! Lynch scene coming soon-ish, I'm at work atm.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sworddancer., Contestant on the Meat Handlers Team, has been eliminated!

It is now Night 5. No posting in here, etc. You can all send in your night actions now.

Night will end at 12:00pm on Aug 6nd or sooner if all actions are in.

Sworddancer. didn't live for long this day, let's check out some highlights!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pmo5TgYmRUs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pmo5TgYmRUs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The game still isn't over yet? Wow, what an exciting episode of Most Extreme Elimination Challenge! The game moves onto Day 6.

thedocsalive, Team Sub-Leader on the Cartoon Voice Actors Team, has been eliminated!

Day 6 Begins!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3GQT4l56Z0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3GQT4l56Z0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The deadline is set for 6:00pm EST on August 20th.
5 players are alive and it takes 3 to lynch!

Vote Count:

• Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Not Voting: (5) SummonerAU, Frozenflame751, Praxis, Riddle, Gheb_01

Get it on!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Vote Count:

• Frozenflame751: (2) Gheb_01, SummonerAU
  • Not Voting: (3) Frozenflame751, Praxis, Riddle,

Get it on!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Unvote Let's use a few days to give people the chance to get back to being active

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Is there any reason not to rush a lynch? You're confirmed green, right? That makes Frozenflame pretty much confirmed mafia, with Sworddancer's flip...

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Why are you pointing out Frozen's scum, everyone knows that.
Since we've just come back from a long break, I think it's best we know people are aware of it BEFORE going into the final day. Pretty much just want to see Riddle post, but since Frozen is scum, why haven't you voted him? You may as well just talk over who you think is the other scum now while we wait.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The play's between Riddle / Praxis tomorrow, leaning towards Riddle being scum.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Why Gh eb?
Because Summoner and Gheb are confirmed green and blue. That makes you and Frozen the scum. :dizzy:

Pretty much just want to see Riddle post, but since Frozen is scum, why haven't you voted him? You may as well just talk over who you think is the other scum now while we wait.
Because I saw you unvote, which is why I asked if there was a reason we didn't want to rush the lynch. Do we want to let FF talk or just speed-hammer him to make sure we don't hit the EC?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah we should lynch Frozen before the EC.

Summoner, you can actually win this game if the last scumbag kills me tonight. It will only be a tie for you but that's better than losing. We should use the remaining time before the EC the talk about the play for tomorrow.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright this is my only chance for me to win so here's the deal.

I'm actually scum. Surprise surprise.

If I get lynched, it's game over for scum and for green. I'm the last scum. We had a shapeshifter-esque ability that we used on the D1 lynch to try and buy ride-to-endgame level bus credit for OS. Basically we got to make one lynch in the game a scum flip as opposed to that player's actual flip.

So summoner here's the deal. You either vote with me to lynch a blue, or help stall the game till the EC and then hope a blue gets lynched. It's your only chance of winning, though you're splitting your chances with me to win. Both of us are in a ****ty situation but it's ideal play for both of us considering we have no other method of winning.

Nothing else to do at this point except vote for blues. Don't be like sworddancer and throw the game away for your team by thinking you're playing ideal MH play when in reality you're actively undermining it (which he did.)

Vote: Gheb

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Vote Count:

• Frozenflame751: (1) Gheb_01
  • Gheb_01: (1) Frozenflame751
  • Not Voting: (3) SummonerAU, Praxis, Riddle,

Get it on!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Praxis and Riddle, I want you to post if you believe Frozen and why/whynot. IF you don't believe him, I want you to state who you think the final scum is and why.

Frozen, why did you pick Gheb?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
ROFL @ Frozen's last post.

If you're truly the last scum what good will asking Summoner to cooperate with you do? You'd have only 2 votes (with Summoner) vs the remaining 3 votes, which are all of the blue team (if it's the green team that has 3 votes then they don't need to cooperate with you in the first place). The truth is that you try to pressure Summoner, who is truly the last green member, to vote for me so you and your scumbuddy can quick-hammer me off because we're in lylo.

Obvious gamit is obvious.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
:|

Couldn't you have waited until Praxis/Riddle had posted before stating that Gheb? I mean geez

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
So Riddle/Praxis, where you at?
could the one blue amongst you already vote please :)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
just in case you can't tell, townie points for whoever votes first.

Vote: Frozen

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Vote Count:

• Frozenflame751: (2) Gheb_01, SummonerAU
  • Gheb_01: (1) Frozenflame751
  • Not Voting: (2) Praxis, Riddle,

Get it on!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Vote: Frozenflame

(posting mobile while driving in to work,

Thanks for the confession, helps us out. xD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Lynch flavor coming within a half hour or so.

Edit: I'll leave this open until I post the flip since I'm not ready to yet. Nothin' wrong with a lil' twilight.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
ok, in at work now, and that postlooks wrong xD On my screen it came out as:

(posting mobile while driving in to work, lulz)

Anyway, to elaborate; it doesn't matter if I believe Frozenflame or not.

If he's lying, he's scum, lynch him.

If he's telling the truth, he's still scum, Blue team wins if he gets lynched, the only person who gets hurt by it is Summoner (and since him telling the truth makes me and Riddle both blue, we have the numbers to lynch him without Summoner).

Either way, optimal play is a lynch.

Top Bottom