• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

D

Deleted member

Riddle said:
Its to early to have a play for the day, however if I had to choose who to lynch right now I would pick sworddancer.
We have over 300 posts to look at, we're in Day 2, and we have a scum flip. That's plenty of information for us to find scums. I can understand if this was during early Day 1 when we're just starting, but it is not too early for us to find scums now.

D

Deleted member

Sorry peeps, had a test this morning (last one of the year so I have plenty of time now).

Haha, SSBF, you're hilarious as usual. You tell Riddle he should be able to make a serious decision on the play of toDay, while he clearly hasn't been all that active, and you yourself only come with "not looking good" for xonar, and just saying you have a lot of null-reads.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Yeah that was kind of a contridiction there SSBF.

Unvote

Xonar, The Paprika Killer, Sir Bedevere, frozenflame751, Brave Little Toaster.

What do you guys think of these people?

:059:
Pretty much the same thing for Xonar, TPK, and Sir Bedevere, they all haven't said much. I saw Xonar play this way before, where he'll occassionally make 3 or 4 small posts in a row that contain little contant, and I wish he'll stop that. TPK, BLT, and Sir Bedevere are just kinda. . . there. There isn't anything from them that stands out to me. If we were to do a policy lynch toDay (which I don't think we should, just to clarify) then I would lynch Sir Bedevere.

Frozenflame, on the other hand, has actually kinda bugged me a bit. His posts are nice and all, but I feel that they are usually more of posts summarizing what has gone on so far, rather then actually scum hunting. Kinda getting the feeling he's pseudo scum hunting.

Who's the play today, BLT?
Whenever I hear someone refer to the Brave Little Toaster as "BLT" I think of the sandwich "Bacon Lettuce and Tomato". @_@

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Been busy the past few days. >.< I should be active for a while now though lol.

---

*more later, I've gotta get to a party*
Unless the party has been going on for 3 days, I'm not quite sure where you've disappeared to, especially since you've been posting both in and out of DGames. Don't make promises if you're not going to keep them, and until then...

Vote: Meta-Kirby

And :/ @ Swords voting me. Voting an inactive solely for being inactive (for pressure, etc.) is perfectly reasonable, but I wasn't even the most inactive player; BLT/Riddle was, as they had only had 1 post, and it was in RVS (I had 1 outside of it). Granted, he has posted now, but not before your vote. Any particular reason why you voted me over BLT/Riddle?

Also, read my name.

M.K

Level 55
Been busy the past few days. >.< I should be active for a while now though lol.

---

Unless the party has been going on for 3 days, I'm not quite sure where you've disappeared to, especially since you've been posting both in and out of DGames. Don't make promises if you're not going to keep them, and until then...

Vote: Meta-Kirby
Lawl, I've announced my Limited Access before and during my vacation. You are hypocritically voting, as well, which I find dumb, with no announcement of V/LA.
=)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

Errr, no, I referred to that post specifically when I said "until after the conditions had been fulfilled", because if you notice what he said, kirbyoshi had already logged on and hadn't posted (which violated the conditions).

And he had a post between my post and that one, he had the opportunity to object in time.

So again, why'd he wait?
Well, I can't speak for TDA but I think probably has something to do with your post language, and then OS's post language. I'll explain.

In your initial proposal you asked "fair enough?" with regard to your plan of action concerning KirbyYo. Obviously this suggests that you want additional input from everyone else, but it isn't exactly provoking if you know what I mean.

When TDA made his next two posts (107 and 109) he talks about his joke vote on me, lightly criticizes OS's metadata hunting, and discusses the likely game build (107), and again discusses OS's metadata hunting (sort of) by discussing metaphors.

This basically tells me that your post wasn't exactly the focus of his attention when he made those posts either because he hadn't gotten to reading it yet (perhaps he hasn't finished reading the whole thread when he decided to make those posts) or he just hadn't digested it enough yet and didn't feel like commenting on it. Or it could be something else entirely (such as he didn't really feel compelled to post that major objection because of your passive, though suggestive language.)

What I see as important is OS's post #111 (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10634757&postcount=111)

Because actively poses the question of whether or not people are in general ok with your plan. TDA posts his criticism in his very next post which follows #111. That's why I think he "waited" if you can really call it that. It just seems like he didn't get to it at first but when OS put it out there more it was something he definitely wanted to comment on.

Frozenflame, on the other hand, has actually kinda bugged me a bit. His posts are nice and all, but I feel that they are usually more of posts summarizing what has gone on so far, rather then actually scum hunting. Kinda getting the feeling he's pseudo scum hunting.
This is a pretty legit call out here but I don't really think I'm trying to pseudo scumhunt at all. Where have I tried to pass off passing points and summarizations of my thoughts as actual scumhunting? I label my posts as just that (thoughts, minor points, summarizations) when I make them because I want to avoid this kind of misrepresentation. Certainly what I have contributed isn't top notch scumhunting but its isn't pseudo scumhunting. It's more along the lines of my "pre scum hunting", its **** I do a lot to try and get myself on track to attain strong reads.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
And? How was I supposed to know that?
You couldn't have, but you tried to set some strict timetable to end the day, as opposed to playing it out and later commenting "wow, this day is not accomplishing anything, let's just lynch Kirbyo already" if the day slowed to a halt.

The reasonable expectation was that he would, mount a defense, and this would make sure that he would do it in a timely fashion so that the game would not stall (which it did for a period).
I didn't see any reasonable way which Kirbyo could have avoided a lynch. But whatever.

You were strongly on one side of the issue, so of course the middle ground seems like the wrong position, but there were people on the other side of the issue who believed that when we caught scum, and dragging the day on once we had caught obvious scum was pointless.
Well, I feel that my side was the correct side, and the other side represents bad town play at best. Scummy play at worst.

So, let me ask you this, why didn't you bring up this when I suggested the initial proposal?

Instead, you posted an objection after the conditions had already been met, and it's not like you didn't have a chance to review it, you posted between when I posted the compromise and when the conditions were met.
Because no one else did, and it didn't seem worth starting a conversation about at the time. If no one was responding "YEAH HYPE" (only OS had agreed to it by my next post, Chaco did too, later), then it didn't strike me as likely to actually happen. But by the post where I did comment on it and Kirbyo had visited the site, it struck me how much it would suck if the day had ended there.

I don't know if I would use the phrase "psuedo scum hunting," but frozen's posts have definitely given me an odd vibe. His posts come off as generally agreeable, and definitely informative, but perhaps not as helpful as he could be.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

Errr, no, I referred to that post specifically when I said "until after the conditions had been fulfilled", because if you notice what he said, kirbyoshi had already logged on and hadn't posted (which violated the conditions).

And he had a post between my post and that one, he had the opportunity to object in time.

So again, why'd he wait?
Well, I can't speak for TDA but I think probably has something to do with your post language, and then OS's post language. I'll explain.

In your initial proposal you asked "fair enough?" with regard to your plan of action concerning KirbyYo. Obviously this suggests that you want additional input from everyone else, but it isn't exactly provoking if you know what I mean.

When TDA made his next two posts (107 and 109) he talks about his joke vote on me, lightly criticizes OS's metadata hunting, and discusses the likely game build (107), and again discusses OS's metadata hunting (sort of) by discussing metaphors.

This basically tells me that your post wasn't exactly the focus of his attention when he made those posts either because he hadn't gotten to reading it yet (perhaps he hasn't finished reading the whole thread when he decided to make those posts) or he just hadn't digested it enough yet and didn't feel like commenting on it. Or it could be something else entirely (such as he didn't really feel compelled to post that major objection because of your passive, though suggestive language.)

What I see as important is OS's post #111 (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10634757&postcount=111)

Because actively poses the question of whether or not people are in general ok with your plan. TDA posts his criticism in his very next post which follows #111. That's why I think he "waited" if you can really call it that. It just seems like he didn't get to it at first but when OS put it out there more it was something he definitely wanted to comment on.

This is a pretty legit call out here but I don't really think I'm trying to pseudo scumhunt at all. Where have I tried to pass off passing points and summarizations of my thoughts as actual scumhunting? I label my posts as just that (thoughts, minor points, summarizations) when I make them because I want to avoid this kind of misrepresentation. Certainly what I have contributed isn't top notch scumhunting but its isn't pseudo scumhunting. It's more along the lines of my "pre scum hunting", its **** I do a lot to try and get myself on track to attain strong reads.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Elimination Challenge 2!
Elimination Challenge 2 will start at 6:00pm EST on July 8th, 2010 and will end at 12:00pm EST on July 9th, 2010.
Unlike Elimination Challenge 1, this challenge is not speed based, as in you won't be punished for sending in your answer late, however it does require activity in the 18 hour period.
At 6:00pm the thread will be closed and the Elimination Challenge will be posted. The thread will be re-opened at 12:00pm EST. During this time anyone allowed to talk outside of the thread may still do so. If a day lynch occurs before 6:00pm EST, then there will not be a Elimination Challenge today.

The deadline is set for 3:00pm EST on July 14th.
14 players are alive and it takes 8 to lynch!
Elimination Challenge 2 is set for 6:00pm EST on July 8th.

Vote Count:

• Xonar: (0)
  • Meta-Kirby: (1) Sir Bedevere
  • Dark_ermac: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (1) Sworddancer.
  • Super Smash Bros. Fan: (1) Meta-Kirby
  • Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Gheb_01: (1) Super Smash Bros. Fan
  • Adumbrodeus: (1) thedocsalive
  • Chacotaco: (0)
  • The Paprika Killer: (0)
  • Overswarm: (1) Xonar
  • Riddle: (0)
  • thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (8) Gheb_01, Dark_ermac, Frozenflame751, Adumbrodeus, Chacotaco, The Paprika Killer, Overswarm, Riddle

Get it on!

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Lawl, I've announced my Limited Access before and during my vacation. You are hypocritically voting, as well, which I find dumb, with no announcement of V/LA.
=)
:/

Did you read my post? I wasn't voting you for being inactive; I was voting because you said you were going to "[post] more later", and you've failed to deliver on your promise as of yet.

Also, I had no idea you announced V/LA. Why didn't you announce it in this thread, and why did you expect me (and everyone else) to know that you were?

I assume this is the post you said you went V/LA?

May or may not be V/LA until next Thursday.

It depends on whether or not I can get a wireless signal from my laptop at my beach house. I'll let you konw whether this is true or not.
This was posted about 3 days before the post I quoted in my last post, so you knew at that time that you were V/LA. Why did you feel the need to say that you would "[post] more later", if you knew you wouldn't be able to post for a while? "More later" implies that you had something that you wanted to post at the time (an ISO, pointing out a possible scumslip, etc.) and just didn't have the time. It's really scummy in my book to imply that you have something you want to share and then not follow up on it. It gets you off people's radars, because people don't want to lynch people producing good content (or in this case, the promise of good content).

M.K

Level 55
:/

Also, I had no idea you announced V/LA. Why didn't you announce it in this thread, and why did you expect me (and everyone else) to know that you were?
Um, hello? I posted it in the thread DESIGNATED FOR SUCH A PURPOSE.
I'm sorry I didn't plaster it everywhere you tread. Thankfully I have PERIODS of internet connection here, that frequently goes out, or else you'd be convincing everyone I was inactive without V/LA status.
Jesus, the first time I go V/LA and this happens. Proves you shouldn't do it >_>

I assume this is the post you said you went V/LA?
Yes, and another later saying I was mostly LA yesterday with family.

This was posted about 3 days before the post I quoted in my last post, so you knew at that time that you were V/LA. Why did you feel the need to say that you would "[post] more later", if you knew you wouldn't be able to post for a while? "More later" implies that you had something that you wanted to post at the time (an ISO, pointing out a possible scumslip, etc.) and just didn't have the time. It's really scummy in my book to imply that you have something you want to share and then not follow up on it. It gets you off people's radars, because people don't want to lynch people producing good content (or in this case, the promise of good content).
"More later" implies more at a later date. There is not set deadline for that later date. There is nothing as of late that I want to share, because I'm still looking. Besides, having SOMETHING to contribute is better than not contributing (you) and blaming (you) others who (you) promise things (you) at a later time (oh, lawl, you).

And WTF at "people don't want to lynch people producing good content". Um, duh? Look at OS the first day, who would want to lynch him with that data? Besides, if you're giving good information, you're a VALUE to town. "You're scummy because you're very helpful to town and you post good content." is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. lol.

D

Deleted member

Sir Bedevere said:
Voting an inactive solely for being inactive (for pressure, etc.) is perfectly reasonable, but I wasn't even the most inactive player; BLT/Riddle was, as they had only had 1 post, and it was in RVS (I had 1 outside of it).
Even thought you've made two posts during Day 1, that was still less then most people here. You still provided almost zero contents during the day, therefore, you were still guilty of being inactive during the time. Yes I will admit that Brave Little Toaster was inactive during the time, but it's not like you're clear either.

The Paprika Killer said:
Haha, SSBF, you're hilarious as usual. You tell Riddle he should be able to make a serious decision on the play of toDay, while he clearly hasn't been all that active, and you yourself only come with "not looking good" for xonar, and just saying you have a lot of null-reads.
Riddle should be able to easily contribute to the game without it basically being parroting and from what I see, he doesn't really have an excuse not to be active and contributing to the game. He was a lot more active in the recently-ended Cartoon Cartoon Mafia.

As for the other statement, that is wrong. I've already explained my suspicion on Xonar a few times before, especially Day 1, as almost all of that still stands. He still hasn't done much ToDay that can be considered contributing. As for tons of null reads argument, the reason why is because Gheb 01 asked a question about our opinions on you, Sir Bedevere, frozenflame751, Xonar, and Brave Little Toaster (Now Riddle). All of these people were inactive in some way or form, so its difficult to get reads from inactive people. However, out of everyone here, I only have four null reads (The two other null reads I will not disclose. Also, Sir Bedevere is slightly scummy due to recent posts, so he's not a null read either). The other twelve I have either a town or scum read on. Also, if you want to go into Day 2 overall, I already pushed a case against Gheb 01 and explained the potential connection between him and Kirbyoshi.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Um, hello? I posted it in the thread DESIGNATED FOR SUCH A PURPOSE.
And I don't know that, and I'm not sure why you expected me to, either, lol. I'm pretty sure a social thread is for people to be "social", not inform others about things that make the difference between lurkerscum coasting and random townie out for a few days. But I guess this isn't the right place for that.

I'm sorry I didn't plaster it everywhere you tread.
Everywhere YOU tread. I'm sorry, but I just figured it might be common courtesy to tell people that might want to know about your absence.

"More later" implies more at a later date. There is not set deadline for that later date. There is nothing as of late that I want to share, because I'm still looking. Besides, having SOMETHING to contribute is better than not contributing (you) and blaming (you) others who (you) promise things (you) at a later time (oh, lawl, you).
If you hadn't noticed, productivity has really died down here compared to D1. I guess people just got a bit lazy since we managed to lynch scum right off the bat, but it's allowed scum to coast and now we've got an EC coming up that will likely take out more townies, and the deadline is not that far off. I was hoping pressuring you might have given us something to work with, but I guess not.

Also, I'm looking too. I know you didn't say it in your post, but don't assume I'm not.

And WTF at "people don't want to lynch people producing good content". Um, duh? Look at OS the first day, who would want to lynch him with that data? Besides, if you're giving good information, you're a VALUE to town. "You're scummy because you're very helpful to town and you post good content." is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. lol.
You're seriously missing the point. You made a post that I (erroneously) thought meant you had something to say. You hadn't delivered, and I thought you may have been scum acting like a productive townie to get off people's radar ("awesome ISO coming up, we've got this game won!" *deadline comes up and town mislynches random townie*), which is why I voted you. Guess I may have been wrong. :/ I know the EC will wipe the votes anyway, but...

Unvote

Even thought you've made two posts during Day 1, that was still less then most people here. You still provided almost zero contents during the day, therefore, you were still guilty of being inactive during the time. Yes I will admit that Brave Little Toaster was inactive during the time, but it's not like you're clear either.
Why are you addressing this? I asked Swords, not you.

And I'm not saying I wasn't inactive, I'm saying I wasn't the most inactive. Swords voted me for being inactive and voted solely for being inactive, but Riddle was also inactive (moreso than I was), which is why I'm questioning why he picked me over him.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Elimination Challenge 2

This is an easy one everyone, right? Send me (the game mod) a PM and in the body of the message include a number. Not just any number though... right? You much pick a number between 0 and 50 and including 50, any number at all in there(you may pick 50 but not 0). What is the purpose of the number? Who knows? What could be the best strategy for picking a number? That's up to you to decide!

You must pm me your answers by 12:00pm EST on July 9th, 2010. For those confused about time zones, that's approximately 18 hours away :p

If you do not submit a number, I will semi-randomly choose one for you. I say semi-randomly because I can not promise you that it will be a good one!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/foRBR2VoCUM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/foRBR2VoCUM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

The results are in from Elimination Challenge 2! Yet another member of the Cartoon Voice Actors is taken down, closing the gap!

Chacotaco, Protector on the Cartoon Voice Actors Team, has been eliminated!

Chacotaco is allowed one final post (which can be no more than 100 words) to say anything he wants to (that's bound by normal posting rules). He has until 3:00am EST on July 10th to post it (about 12 hours from now).

The vote count has been reset.

The deadline is set for 3:00pm EST on July 14th.
13 players are alive and it takes 7 to lynch!
Today's elimination challenge has passed so there will not be another today.

Vote Count:

• Xonar: (0)
  • Meta-Kirby: (0)
  • Dark_ermac: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (0)
  • Super Smash Bros. Fan: (0)
  • Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Gheb_01: (0)
  • Adumbrodeus: (0)
  • The Paprika Killer: (0)
  • Overswarm: (0)
  • Riddle: (0)
  • Thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (13) Xonar, Meta-Kirby, Dark_ermac, Sworddancer., Sir Bedevere, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Frozenflame751, Gheb_01, Adumbrodeus, The Paprika Killer, Overswarm, Riddle, Thedocsalive

Get it on!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol, I didn't get to pick up my prod. Busy johns. But anyways, I protected OS N1, nothing else to say. Go towns.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@Sir Bedevere: I thought you were the least active, so if I was mistaken about that then my bad. Really, though, an inactive vote, I feel, can go out to anyone.

@Frozen: Whatever you want to call it, I still find your play so far kinda odd. You seem to be going somewhere now, which is certainly good, but I can't just shake the feeling that you might only be doing that now since I called you out on it. Oh well, only a minor thing bugging me, so I'll drop it for now.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lol, I didn't get to pick up my prod. Busy johns. But anyways, I protected OS N1, nothing else to say. Go towns.
Thanks. :(

@mod

Do we get any information about how that challenge worked, or was it super secret?

I really need time to reread this game, the first two weeks of July have been crazy for me. Fireworks parties, girlfriend's birthday, apartment hunting, FFIV mafia starting in the BBR... I should have more time next week to get a solid case on someone. No one is really standing out to me atm, but I don't like Riddle's general playstyle (as per usual).

Top Bottom