• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I consider Gheb to be about 75% cleared at this point.

As for toDay, I don't really feel pursuing people over possible superficial links to the Kirbyoshi wagon is going to bear too much fruit, but at the very least I feel it might be a good place to start.

fos SSBF

Most of the time, when someone disagrees with a lynch, and that lynch ends up successfully catching scum, the action of disagreeing with the lynch would be considered a null tell. In this case, that's no different. However, I still do find it odd how violently SSBF was against Kirbyoshi's lynch. He disagree'd with OS pretty much every step of the way, and for some pretty baseless reasons to (reasons like, "I disagree with him!" @_@). Also don't defend SSBF by saying that scum wouldn't directly defend their buddies. We really don't know what scum SSBF would do.

Of course, SSBF could of just been paranoid, so I can see it going both ways with him.

Now, however, my vote has to go out to. . . Sit Bedevere.

vote Sit Bedevere

Simply for being the player that has played the least so far (I'm not to keen to lynching lurkers, but as for now I feel that my vote sits fine on a lurker).

I'll reread later.

#HBC | Dancer

Gheb, could you explain why your vote is on me so we could, oh, I don't know, actually know what reason you're voting the way you are?

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
How about this, if he doesn't post next time he's on the site, we lynch him, if he doesn't post in time to avoid a prod, we lynch him. If there's a whole in his explanation, we lynch him.

And only IF it actually posts something reasonable (in the allotted timeframe) do we consider the possibility of not lynching him.

Fair enough?

That way game doesn't get stalled and we force him to post.
So what's up with this anyway? Kirbyo was clearly the play yesterday (and the correct play in retrospect, of course), and his bandwagon wasn't in any danger of getting derailed, which is what you later used to justify it. Why rush it so much? Seems like a bit of "oh ****, my scumbuddy is getting lynched, let's end the day early so that day two is like a regular day one." This stood out the most to me after re-reading the game, especially thinking that the Kirbyo wagon would get derailed. I would have pressed further on this day one...but y'know...we had a pretty guaranteed lynch for the day.

Vote: adumbrodeus

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
FoS Thedocisalive

One thing I would look for scum to do is to knee-jerk push people based on interactions with Kirbyo. Not wanting to lynch Kirbyo right away is legit even if we knew he was the play. Even so, quicklynching him would've made this day 2 pretty much the new day 1 as well so I don't see how this can be a serious accusation.

Gheb, could you explain why your vote is on me so we could, oh, I don't know, actually know what reason you're voting the way you are?
Similar reason as the doc FoS. You're whole panic sort of push yesterDay like "if Kirbyo flips town we must lynch OS!" looks like you lined up a mislynch here. Do you earnestly think that it would've been a good idea to lynch OS in case Kirbyo flipped town?

:059:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's easy to explain, I wanted a compromise so I could hear from Kirbyoshi before he actually was lynched, without some type of compromise I had little doubt that he was gonna get quicklynched, so I gave one. If I didn't wanna give him the opportunity to talk at all, why didn't I just push for a quicklynch?

As far as the bandwagon getting derailed... dude you just don't know, I've seen a number of bandwagons getting derailed. People tend to have very short memories in the early stages of extremely large games.

If you want easy examples..

OS in DBZ
Vult in Code Geass (hell, this was an exact example, mad suspicious, but people chose to extend d1, and in the end we got a no lynch, and we ended up wasting a vig kill).

So, yes, that was a position from experience.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote: Overswarm Why are you discrediting Gheb's clear?
Because it's not a clear. He simply said "my color is blue", which isn't a clear at all. I don't think he's scum, but I think that because his playstyle is that of a cautious pro-town player; not because of something that is pretty flimsy to begin with. Town is always blue, so that isn't a guess at all. He also could have simply asked Chibo or gotten the information from Chibo by accident.

@ mod

Can you confirm or deny that someone asked you what color the voice actors were, or you slipped the color to anyone?

That said, I again don't think Gheb is scum at the moment. He has done a lot of scummy things though.

gheb said:
Similar reason as the doc FoS. You're whole panic sort of push yesterDay like "if Kirbyo flips town we must lynch OS!" looks like you lined up a mislynch here. Do you earnestly think that it would've been a good idea to lynch OS in case Kirbyo flipped town?
Like this. WTF, Gheb? Setting up a mislynch? That could be anti-town, yeah. It could be that swordancer was scum and was simply trying to put pressure on me to drop the KYoshi lynch (I'd have to read again later to see his other posts, I'm not sure if he did this), but it is infinitely more likely he was just a town player making a stupid comment.

To be scum, see your scummate being targeted, and to actually say

"Hey! (person targeting my scummate)! If (my scummate) flips town, we're lynching you next!"

Is kind of absurd, considering that it is impossible for the scummate to flip town. The only two reasons for such a statement are to

A) make people believe after the fact that you were town and making a pro-town play

B) try to scare someone into not pressuring the scummate

B doesn't make sense because he was going up against me, and not only was it me, but it was me using meta data as my argument. There's no way I could drop it as a pro-town action. I could be WRONG, but couldn't drop it.

A doesn't make sense because it isn't really a pro-town play to begin with. Setting up mislynches is meh for town, especially in this situation. It'd be kind of stupid for scum to throw his life away day 1 to get a mislynch on a random inactive townie, so it'd be infinitely more likely that you'd be lynching two townies instead of just one in this situation.

So... I don't think Swordancer really did anything. Pressure on him for this is no different than pressuring you for defending Kirby Yoshi. Yeah, it LOOKS bad in retrospect, but at the time you were just playing a cautious townie. Swordancer was doing the same thing.

Something I'm confused on... It's holiday weekend so no re-reading for me yet, but consider this a point of interest:

gheb said:
That's exactly the kind of sheeping we do now want. You put Kirbyoshi at L-2 already and parroted Overswarm 1 by 1.
Meta-Kirby said:
First of all ghebberzz, that's L-3, not your assumed L-2. Also, you've literally tunneled me D1 in *every* Mafia game we've ever had the great privilege of simultaneously attended, so this is just another refreshing reminder that you haven't changed a bit. Because like, ya know, the 5 other "sheepers" on the wagon aren't nearlyy as bad as me, right? Oh jesus christ, just because you aren't sitting on Kirbyoshi waiting for answers and applying pressure doesn't mean you should condemn those who are. Right now, at this moment, you are doing nothing but whining in this game.

...if Gheb and Meta-Kirby are both scum this game I will **** bricks. This just stood out to me. Nothing from it yet, but I'm watching you both for connections. This seemed like pretty obvious distancing to me. Just saying.

swordancer said:
Most of the time, when someone disagrees with a lynch, and that lynch ends up successfully catching scum, the action of disagreeing with the lynch would be considered a null tell. In this case, that's no different. However, I still do find it odd how violently SSBF was against Kirbyoshi's lynch. He disagree'd with OS pretty much every step of the way, and for some pretty baseless reasons to (reasons like, "I disagree with him!" @_@). Also don't defend SSBF by saying that scum wouldn't directly defend their buddies. We really don't know what scum SSBF would do.

SSBF, who do you think is the play for today? Give us one or two options.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wouldn't it be better to just disregard it and wait to see how other people respond to it and get information from that? I don't see how pointing it out would be a good thing to do at all.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wouldn't it be better to just disregard it and wait to see how other people respond to it and get information from that? I don't see how pointing it out would be a good thing to do at all.
You haven't been reading the thread, have you? Other people have already responded to it... and it isn't exactly a big deal in the first place. It's a null tell. It's a soft clear at best, but doesn't excuse scummy behavior in any way.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm off to Kings Island with the lady.

Overswarm said:

^still want that SSBF

D

Deleted member

Sworddancer. said:
and for some pretty baseless reasons to (reasons like, "I disagree with him!" @_@).
These are all the posts I can find where I disagreed with Overswarm. If I am missing any, link them to me. Now tell me, how are they baseless reasons? I explain in detail on my disagreement with Overswarm. None of them from my perspective fall into the example you put in parantheses.
Overswarm said:
One choice I would be comfortable with is Gheb 01, who I have my vote on. My second option would be Xonar. He basically active lurked throughout Day 1 providing almost no contents. I'll need a bit more from Xonar ToDay before making judgements Day 2.

My third option would be Sworddancer, but I want to examine his play more. So far, his first few posts has been pro-town, so my read of him can go either way.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Like this. WTF, Gheb? Setting up a mislynch? That could be anti-town, yeah. It could be that swordancer was scum and was simply trying to put pressure on me to drop the KYoshi lynch (I'd have to read again later to see his other posts, I'm not sure if he did this), but it is infinitely more likely he was just a town player making a stupid comment.
Uhm what? First of all you don't have any logical foundation whatsoever to make such a claim - why is it "infinitely more likely" to be a townie mistake than a scum nudge? If you throw out exaggerations like that you should do a better job of explaining these kind of things. Second, you say that Sworddancer's push is more likely to be a stupid townie comment than a scummy move. But a simple - harmless - disagreement between us is enough to put this exchange into the "scummy" category?

Why so inconsistent?

So... I don't think Swordancer really did anything. Pressure on him for this is no different than pressuring you for defending Kirby Yoshi. Yeah, it LOOKS bad in retrospect, but at the time you were just playing a cautious townie. Swordancer was doing the same thing.
He wasn't playing a cautious townie - on the contrary! There's a major difference between these statements:

Statement A (Gheb): "Hey, let's get as much info as possible out of D1 instead of quicklynching Kirbyo, k? There's plenty of time!"
Statement B (Sword): "If Kirbyo flips town then we pretty much have no other choice than to lynch Overswarm toMorrow."

How you get a "cautious" townie out of that attitude is beyond me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@OS: Town isn't always blue, I make my town lime green. But still, I agree with you. He's not clear in my book.

#HBC | Dancer

Okay, so as OS has already pointed out, Gheb original accusation of me toDay is a ridiculous, as it's impossible for a scum me to have tried setting up a mislynch of OS by stating if Kirbyoshi flipped town we should lynch him since a scum me would know that Kirbyoshi wasn't going to flip town.

I also think it's funny how Gheb latched onto the possibilities of how I could be scum that OS suggested.

Statement A (Gheb): "Hey, let's get as much info as possible out of D1 instead of quicklynching Kirbyo, k? There's plenty of time!"
Statement B (Sword): "If Kirbyo flips town then we pretty much have no other choice than to lynch Overswarm toMorrow."
Okay, just one thing: Why is this being argueed? I mean, what does it matter now?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The deadline is set for 3:00pm EST on July 14th.
14 players are alive and it takes 8 to lynch!

Vote Count:

• Xonar: (0)
  • Meta-Kirby: (0)
  • Dark_ermac: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (1) Gheb_01
  • Sir Bedevere: (1) Sworddancer.
  • Super Smash Bros. Fan: (1) Meta-Kirby
  • Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Gheb_01: (1) Super Smash Bros. Fan
  • Adumbrodeus: (1) thedocsalive
  • Chacotaco: (0)
  • The Paprika Killer: (0)
  • Overswarm: (1) Xonar
  • Brave Little Toaster: (0)
  • thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (8) Dark_ermac, Sir Bedevere, Frozenflame751, Adumbrodeus, Chacotaco, The Paprika Killer, Overswarm, Brave Little Toaster

Get it on!

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
FoS Thedocisalive

One thing I would look for scum to do is to knee-jerk push people based on interactions with Kirbyo. Not wanting to lynch Kirbyo right away is legit even if we knew he was the play. Even so, quicklynching him would've made this day 2 pretty much the new day 1 as well so I don't see how this can be a serious accusation.
Did you misread what I wrote? My accusation against adum is that he wanted to rush through the Kirbyo play, and shorten the day. I wanted to keep the day going. Having "this day 2 pretty much the new day 1" is actually pretty bad; it means that we accomplished nothing on day one. Even with the scum lynch, lots of other information came out of the day lasting as long as it did.

That's easy to explain, I wanted a compromise so I could hear from Kirbyoshi before he actually was lynched, without some type of compromise I had little doubt that he was gonna get quicklynched, so I gave one. If I didn't wanna give him the opportunity to talk at all, why didn't I just push for a quicklynch?
That's hardly a reasonable compromise. Look where the day would have ended if we went with your plan (post 125). The lynch with flavor happened in post 260. We doubled the length of the day by not going with your plan!

As far as the bandwagon getting derailed... dude you just don't know, I've seen a number of bandwagons getting derailed. People tend to have very short memories in the early stages of extremely large games.
Granted, people can have short memories in big games. But Kirbyo was a lynch based on meta, he virtually HAD to be scum. I don't think any kind of day one evidence could have out-prioritized what we (read: OS) had Kirbyo. He had at least 5 votes on him the whole time IIRC, as well as various people (myself included) who acknowledged that he was the almost inevitable lynch, but just wanted to wait to get a better day one overall.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's hardly a reasonable compromise. Look where the day would have ended if we went with your plan (post 125). The lynch with flavor happened in post 260. We doubled the length of the day by not going with your plan!
And? How was I supposed to know that?

The reasonable expectation was that he would, mount a defense, and this would make sure that he would do it in a timely fashion so that the game would not stall (which it did for a period).

You were strongly on one side of the issue, so of course the middle ground seems like the wrong position, but there were people on the other side of the issue who believed that when we caught scum, and dragging the day on once we had caught obvious scum was pointless.

My proposal was meant to address both viewpoints, of course it didn't satisfy everyone, but somebody has to step up and say, "if we're gonna get anything done, we need a compromise".

So, let me ask you this, why didn't you bring up this when I suggested the initial proposal?

Instead, you posted an objection after the conditions had already been met, and it's not like you didn't have a chance to review it, you posted between when I posted the compromise and when the conditions were met.

Granted, people can have short memories in big games. But Kirbyo was a lynch based on meta, he virtually HAD to be scum. I don't think any kind of day one evidence could have out-prioritized what we (read: OS) had Kirbyo. He had at least 5 votes on him the whole time IIRC, as well as various people (myself included) who acknowledged that he was the almost inevitable lynch, but just wanted to wait to get a better day one overall.
In DBZ mafia, Overswarm was literally mod-confirmed as scum based on meta day 1.

He was not lynched day 1.

The point should be obvious, even lynches based on the strongest evidence can fall apart due to the short memory people in these games inherently have. I was unwilling to let the focus shift off kirbyoshi, but at the same time, wanted to give a chance for him to talk, and hopefully create discussion that could contribute on reads. The compromise was a good way to do that, and most importantly, it worked. It prevented a hammer until kirbyoshi actually got on and defended himself, generating discussion.

D

Deleted member

adumbrodeus said:
In DBZ mafia, Overswarm was literally mod-confirmed as scum based on meta day 1.

He was not lynched day 1.
He was mod-confirmed as a scum due to an argument between him and Ronike during Night 1 in the Social Thread. Overswarm ended up giving up information that confirmed him as a scum. That got him on Ronike's black list (At least for awhile). From what I heard from Overswarm, he did say his play was different from Dragonball Z Mafia and TMNT Mafia. He was scum in both of those games. Of course this could be because I have not been in the Brawl Backroom, so Overswarm probably has a lot more meta over there, but still, I have yet to seen a proper compairison of his play, town or scum.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote

Xonar, The Paprika Killer, Sir Bedevere, frozenflame751, Brave Little Toaster.

What do you guys think of these people?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
He was mod-confirmed as a scum due to an argument between him and Ronike during Night 1 in the Social Thread. Overswarm ended up giving up information that confirmed him as a scum. That got him on Ronike's black list (At least for awhile). From what I heard from Overswarm, he did say his play was different from Dragonball Z Mafia and TMNT Mafia. He was scum in both of those games. Of course this could be because I have not been in the Brawl Backroom, so Overswarm probably has a lot more meta over there, but still, I have yet to seen a proper compairison of his play, town or scum.
You're wrong, I was there for the argument (I participated in it actually), but he got mod-confirmed scum when the mod confirmed that he lied about knowing about the rule change.

You obviously weren't paying enough attention.

Brave Little Toaster

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm back, and I've read the entire thread guys.

Okay, so as OS has already pointed out, Gheb original accusation of me toDay is a ridiculous, as it's impossible for a scum me to have tried setting up a mislynch of OS by stating if Kirbyoshi flipped town we should lynch him since a scum me would know that Kirbyoshi wasn't going to flip town.
This does NOT sit well with me. First of all, the "as OS said" part seems to be blatant buddying and also could have been said from a scum POV to add credibility to his case, however my MAIN problem is that Sworddancer seems to believe that scum don't pretend to be town and thus could not propose something for an impossible eventuality.

This is a weak defense and earns an FoS

FoS: Sworddancer

D

Deleted member

Gheb 01 said:
Unvote

Xonar, The Paprika Killer, Sir Bedevere, frozenflame751, Brave Little Toaster.

What do you guys think of these people?
Xonar: See #205, as all except the part where I said he has only five posts is still valid. I need to see a little more from Xonar ToDay, but right now, I'm not getting a good feeling about him and would be fine with lynching him if you don't go.

The Paparika Killer: I have him at a null leaning town read. Almost all of those post have in some way or form contribute to the game. Not much to read from him, thought.

Sir Bedevere: I'd like to see more out of him as well. I didn't like how he never made a serious vote in this game so far. Null leaning slightly scummy.

frozenflame751: In his two posts, unlike Sir Bedevere, at least he makes those post worthwhile. It's nice to see a lot of scum hunting and thoughts come out of them. Looking forward to his future posts. Currently a slight town read.

Brave Little Toaster; I do not have a read from him at this moment. To be honest, I was quite disappointed with his return post, as I was hoping for more then him commenting on a Sworddancer's quote. Here's to hoping he's a more active player now that we have probably established that he's sticking in the game.
adumbrodeus said:
You're wrong, I was there for the argument (I participated in it actually), but he got mod-confirmed scum when the mod confirmed that he lied about knowing about the rule change.

You obviously weren't paying enough attention.
IIRC, Ronike confirmed him as scum during Night 1 in the Social Thread. If it was during Day 1 of the game, then town should have lynched him during Day 1 instead of The Paprika Killer. I also don't see how lying about knowing the rule changes is mod-confirming scum a person.

I also noticed that you are changing the story on why Overswarm was mod-confirmed scum. You said earlier that Overswarm was mod-confirmed scum because of his meta. Now you're saying because he lied about knowing a rule change. Care to explain that?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
IIRC, Ronike confirmed him as scum during Night 1 in the Social Thread. If it was during Day 1 of the game, then town should have lynched him during Day 1 instead of The Paprika Killer. I also don't see how lying about knowing the rule changes is mod-confirming scum a person.

I also noticed that you are changing the story on why Overswarm was mod-confirmed scum. You said earlier that Overswarm was mod-confirmed scum because of his meta. Now you're saying because he lied about knowing a rule change. Care to explain that?
I was there. Just sayin'.

Ronike mod-confirmed me as scum. He confirmed that I was scum via saying that I, by name, had forced rule changes AFTER I had posted in the thread saying "I didn't know about rule changes". That makes me a liar and thus confirmed scum.

This isn't really relevant involving this game.

I know you're bad at mafia SSBF, but this is more unusual than normal.

fos SSBF

Overswarm

is laughing at you

I was there. Just sayin'.

Ronike mod-confirmed me as scum. He confirmed that I was scum via saying that I, by name, had forced rule changes AFTER I had posted in the thread saying "I didn't know about rule changes". That makes me a liar and thus confirmed scum.

This isn't really relevant involving this game.

I know you're bad at mafia SSBF, but this is more unusual than normal.

fos SSBF

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Riddle replaces Brave Little Toaster!
Riddle was one of the players of the hydra but is dropping his other half.

The deadline is set for 3:00pm EST on July 14th.
14 players are alive and it takes 8 to lynch!

Vote Count:

• Xonar: (0)
  • Meta-Kirby: (0)
  • Dark_ermac: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (1) Sworddancer.
  • Super Smash Bros. Fan: (1) Meta-Kirby
  • Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Gheb_01: (1) Super Smash Bros. Fan
  • Adumbrodeus: (1) thedocsalive
  • Chacotaco: (0)
  • The Paprika Killer: (0)
  • Overswarm: (1) Xonar
  • Riddle: (0)
  • thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (9) Gheb_01, Dark_ermac, Sir Bedevere, Frozenflame751, Adumbrodeus, Chacotaco, The Paprika Killer, Overswarm, Riddle

Get it on!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm gonna have to reread. Not a lot to work with right now.

Also, we should have an elimination challenge soon.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright before I go back through the thread again, just wanted to touch a few things.

- Gheb is pseudo-cleared for having and using the knowledge he had about team Cartoon Voice Actors in the manner that he did. Basically, unless he starts doing some unreasonable **** later in the game, he'll be strong town in my book. Definitely not 100% cleared though at all. I'm having a hard time believing that he would posit the guess that voice actors were blue colored (though I am slightly sympathetic to the notion that blue is the next logical step for a guess after green) as a gambit of some sort.

- OS, despite having come through with some seriously pro-town results via his meta, is by no means cleared because of this. I don't see OS's penchant for harvesting meta data and adhering to his zealousness in using such data as being in any way indicative of his alignment. Again, not that I want to have Barhouse sleepover all over again where I was "OMG @ FUXING CRAZY GAMBITS U SCUM" but it should be recognized that OS's action does NOT buy him a free ride to endgame.

- @ adum, (post 303), TDA did address your plan when it was first brought up. Take a look:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10637387#post10637387

Point is he is well within reason for being suspicious of you giving us a set of proposed options, all of which more or less cut down on the day's length and implicitly attempted to hasten the KirbyYo lynch.

I agree with a lot of what TDA has to say on this topic and I'll be looking into it as I go over more stuff.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
- @ adum, (post 303), TDA did address your plan when it was first brought up. Take a look:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10637387#post10637387

Point is he is well within reason for being suspicious of you giving us a set of proposed options, all of which more or less cut down on the day's length and implicitly attempted to hasten the KirbyYo lynch.

I agree with a lot of what TDA has to say on this topic and I'll be looking into it as I go over more stuff.

Errr, no, I referred to that post specifically when I said "until after the conditions had been fulfilled", because if you notice what he said, kirbyoshi had already logged on and hadn't posted (which violated the conditions).

And he had a post between my post and that one, he had the opportunity to object in time.

So again, why'd he wait?

OS already covered this (you really didn't pay enough attention to realize that Ronike confirmed OS a lier?) for the most part, with one exception, which I'll cover now.

Now, you don't seem to understand what meta is, so I'll explain it, "meta is any information outside of the gameplay of any particular game that is used to figure out in-game information".

So, the timing of a rule-change and a mod confirming information related to it would be meta.

The fact that you guys DIDN'T lynch him is EXACTLY my point. People in these games tend to have attention spans that make gerbils look good. There was ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHATSOEVER WHY OS SHOULD HAVE SURVIVED that day. And it wasn't like his play was anything but scummy that day, I picked him out easily, and I wasn't even playing nor had I checked to make sure he lied yet.

So, I think that pretty fairly proves my point, even if a player's proven scum, in large games you gotta keep attention on him, otherwise people move on and you might not get the lynch, which is exactly what happened that game.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Its to early to have a play for the day, however if I had to choose who to lynch right now I would pick sworddancer.

Feel free to call me Riddle

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Xonar, Meta-Kirby, Sir Bedevere, The Paprika Killer, Frozenflame751, and Dark_Ermac have been prodded for inactivity.

Top Bottom