• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb_01's unvote of Kirbyoshi is scummy. This was after The Paprika Killer voted Kirbyoshi. The very next post, Gheb 01 unvoted Kirbyoshi. Given the circumstances that Kirbyoshi flips scum, this will sound like scum trying to shake the lynch off his scum buddy.
You're stupid.

Care explaining how this benefit the game?
Yes.

:059:

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Gheb: Cartoon Voice Actors. Again, I don't really see what difference it makes.

@Adum: Show me the screenshot. Also, what "hard evidence" do you want? Want me to forward my confirmation PM to you? I have yet to see any hard evidence that I supposedly wasn't around then.

@SSBF: I'm quite obviously implying that OS is lying about me not being around during the challenge. No offense, but duh. And of course I have no further suspicion on OS; that's the only discussion topic that's been given a chance. And I think what Gheb is trying to say is that he unvoted me to take me off of L-1, which I like. That being said, he is my #2 suspect.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Adum: Show me the screenshot. Also, what "hard evidence" do you want? Want me to forward my confirmation PM to you? I have yet to see any hard evidence that I supposedly wasn't around then.
Right here.

It's in the word document.

Now to prove the time it was taken, file metadata time.

If you're wondering why I saved one as a PNG and the other in a document, the answer is because I was working in windows when I did the initial check (which has a more complicated system for dealing with them) and I'm currently working in ubuntu which just lets me save them as a PNG.

That's because it's a he said/she said situation, but to be frank, the circumstantial evidence is so much against you that we're unwilling to consider your "he said" without proof.

The only way you can prove that you sent the PM is take a screencap of the confirmation email's time and date (in your "sent" box), we will not believe you at all otherwise. If you do it right now, nothing in the rules against it. If you wait, and the mod closes that hole (he might not though), then you still should because if you don't we, lynch you anyway and not realize OS was flat-out lying.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yes, I am closing that hole.

I didn't mention something like that as I stated normal rules still apply. Normally in most games now you can't use screenshots of stuff but I don't mind like the kinds Adum used since that is public information that anyone could have seen - however kirbyoshi making a screenshot showing his personal pm inbox or outbox would be strictly forbidden. I didn't think anyone would even try to pull such a move thinking it would be ok lol.

D

Deleted member

Gheb 01 said:
You're stupid.
I gave a pretty legitimate response to you and that's all you have to say? I expected a lot more mature and well-thought out argument from you.
Gheb 01 said:
Then I would like to see it.
Kirbyoshi said:
@SSBF: I'm quite obviously implying that OS is lying about me not being around during the challenge. No offense, but duh. And of course I have no further suspicion on OS; that's the only discussion topic that's been given a chance.
Your Lynch All Liars vote on Overswarm is not enough to convince me that Overswarm is scummy. The fact that you expressed no further suspicion on him, despite the fact that you consider him a top lynch candidate does not suit well with me.

I suspect Kirbyoshi, but I have others who I think are worthy of some attention as well:

Xonar: Lack of participation in discussions with his five posts in the game whiile everyone else (Except Brave Little Toaster, but let's consider him a passive lurker for the moment) has at least attempted to move forward discussion and play the game. As a result, it is obvious that he has produced almost nothing in terms of contents in the game. The only post that could even be consider effort toward being productive in the game is answering a question from The Paprika Killer.

Sworddancer.: Like others, I agree that Sworddancer saying that Overswarm should die if Kirbyoshi flips town is pretty scummy. Yes Overswarm should be held the most accountable in the case that Kirbyoshi does flip town (If we still decide to lynch him), but lynching him based off a Kirbyoshi mislynch is a terrible thing to do, as we could have better suspects to go after. I also find it odd he believes Overswarm, yet would be willing to lynch him if Kirbyoshi were to flip town.

Gheb 01: I found it odd that he was still defending Kirbyoshi indirectly, even with a vote on him, which in my opinion, didn't make much sense. I disliked his latest response to me as well. Like Meta-Kirby, I would highly not prefer if Gheb 01 told us his secret that could potentially break the game. When I called him out for a potentially slip earlier in the day, Gheb 01 freaked out about it, making him look even worse. I also agree with the rest of the case on him.

Xonar, Sworddancer, and Kirbyoshi aren't looking good from my perspective, but Gheb 01 is currently my most desired lynch candidate.

Unvote, Vote: Gheb 01

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You know me Chibo, I'm a rules lawyer by nature, when you make all sorts of other rules on what can't be shown and you don't do that, makes me go "loophole, AWESOME".

Regardless, Kirbyoshi, nobody believes OS is the one lying, everyone thinks you're the lier here, without hard proof, you're gonna die.

You have 2 options:

1. Prove OS is lying by posting a screencap that proves you're telling the truth and accept the modkill, that way we'll know OS was lying and he'll be obvious scum.

2. Fight ineffectually against the lynch. We'll probably go on believing OS acted in good faith if you flip town and we won't know to auto-lynch him.

If you take option two expect us to believe that you're lying and if you flip town, except us to say, "he was a ****ing idiot". At the moment, I don't believe it's likely.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
SSBF said:
Sworddancer.: Like others, I agree that Sworddancer saying that Overswarm should die if Kirbyoshi flips town is pretty scummy. Yes Overswarm should be held the most accountable in the case that Kirbyoshi does flip town (If we still decide to lynch him), but lynching him based off a Kirbyoshi mislynch is a terrible thing to do, as we could have better suspects to go after. I also find it odd he believes Overswarm, yet would be willing to lynch him if Kirbyoshi were to flip town.
Who said I wouldn't be willing to change my push towards OS if someone scummier came up? Heck, I'll be willing to lynch someone else other than Kirbyoshi if someone insane happened soon.

Also, I absolutely fail to see how it's odd how that I believe OS now but if Kirbyoshi flips scum then I'll be willing to lynch him.

Another thing, Fan, you've been talking about not lynching Kirbyoshi for just being inactive, but you need to know that that's really just the icing on the cake and not at all the main reason we're probably going to lynch Kirbyoshi.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hey SSBF here's a protip: you're supposed to lynch scum, not the guy who hurts your feelings the most.

D

Deleted member

Sworddancer. said:
Who said I wouldn't be willing to change my push towards OS if someone scummier came up? Heck, I'll be willing to lynch someone else other than Kirbyoshi if someone insane happened soon.
I read you in ISO and from what I see, if Kirbyoshi were to flip town, you seem pretty confident that Overswarm is scum. Now I doubt anyone said you wouldn't be willing to change your push towards Overswarm if you found a scummier suspect, but I just simply don't like the idea of lynching a person just because they lead a mislynch on a person.
Sworddancer. said:
Also, I absolutely fail to see how it's odd how that I believe OS now but if Kirbyoshi flips scum then I'll be willing to lynch him.
Believing a person and then leading a lynch on a person that caused the mislynch is an extremely dangerous strategy as a townie and an easy way to mislynch a townie as a scum. Even if what Overswarm is pushing isn't a normal case, if your case on Overswarm is nothing more then his potential motives if Kirbyoshi is mislynched and that he lead the mislynch, then that's not what I call a good way to find scums.
Sworddancer. said:
Another thing, Fan, you've been talking about not lynching Kirbyoshi for just being inactive, but you need to know that that's really just the icing on the cake and not at all the main reason we're probably going to lynch Kirbyoshi.
I can see that and now that I have something to work on from Kirbyoshi, the lynch, if we go ahead and do it, will give us more to work on, more beneficial, and I'm a lot less willing to stop the lynch from occuring. I've already done enough for him, now it's time for Kirbyoshi to prove that he is not scum to the rest of the game.
Gheb 01 said:
Hey SSBF here's a protip: you're supposed to lynch scum, not the guy who hurts your feelings the most.
That is kind of what I'm doing here (Trying to find and lynch the scums). I rebutted that post not becuase you called me stupid, but because I was very dissatified with your response toward me.

M.K

Level 55
I find it odd that SSBF went from voting the actual culprit (Kirbyo) to voting for someone "supposedly" defending the culprit. Erm, what? The pressure on Kirbyo hasn't let up enough for something like that to be viable.
Of course, it's SSBF, so.....yeah.

._.

D

Deleted member

Meta-Kirby said:
I find it odd that SSBF went from voting the actual culprit (Kirbyo) to voting for someone "supposedly" defending the culprit. Erm, what? The pressure on Kirbyo hasn't let up enough for something like that to be viable.
Of course, it's SSBF, so.....yeah.
Except that I never voted Kirbyoshi at any point in this game. I've only made two votes, one on thedocsalive (Random vote) and a serious vote on Gheb 01. Yes I did express suspicion on Kirbyoshi, but that's the most I did.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

If you could please tell this to everyone in all of my games ever, I might live past D3 more than once in a blue moon. :\

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on July 8th.
16 players are alive and it takes 9 to lynch!
The elimination challenge for today has passed, and there will not be another.

Vote Count:

• Xonar: (0)
  • Meta-Kirby: (0)
  • kirbyoshi: (7) Overswarm, Xonar, , Sworddancer., Dark_ermac, Meta-Kirby, Adumbrodeus, The Paprika Killer
  • Dark_ermac: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (0)
  • Super Smash Bros. Fan: (0)
  • Clownbot: (1) Brave Little Toaster
  • Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Gheb_01: (1) Super Smash Bros. Fan
  • Adumbrodeus: (1) Chacotaco
  • Chacotaco: (0)
  • The Paprika Killer: (0)
  • Overswarm: (1) kirbyoshi
  • Brave Little Toaster: (1) Clownbot
  • Thedocsalive: (0)
  • No Lynch: (0)
  • Not Voting: (4) Frozenflame751, thedocsalive, Sir Bedevere, Gheb_01

Get it on!

M.K

Level 55
Yes, I am closing that hole.

I didn't mention something like that as I stated normal rules still apply. Normally in most games now you can't use screenshots of stuff but I don't mind like the kinds Adum used since that is public information that anyone could have seen - however kirbyoshi making a screenshot showing his personal pm inbox or outbox would be strictly forbidden. I didn't think anyone would even try to pull such a move thinking it would be ok lol.
Kirby, could you fulfill Adum's request of posting a screencap?
Errrr, yeah. He's not going to be allowed to do this.
So it's he-said-she-said with two dudes.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It's not obvious at all, PRECISELY WHAT PIECE OF INFORMATION REQUIRES THIS TO HAVE BEEN TAKEN BEFORE THE GAME STARTED?

Unless you're just lying and attempting to push the pressure on you onto me (a classic scumtell) prove it.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Adum said:
1. Prove OS is lying by posting a screencap that proves you're telling the truth and accept the modkill, that way we'll know OS was lying and he'll be obvious scum.
10cha r

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@MK: Going for a modkill to prove that somebody lied (as opposed to the other possible explanations) when you're the obvious lynch of the day is a viable tactic.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I don't suicide. Period. I don't care how "viable" of an option it is. It's bad sportsmanship and I don't like it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So, you would never self-hammer as scum, even if it prevented town from coordinating power roles when you were the obvious play of the day?

Seriously dude, play to your wincon.

Your unwillingness to provide evidence to your case, combined with the fact that you're unwilling to explain why you think I'm lying about the timeframe makes it pretty obvious that between the two of you (OS and you), you're the lier.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Adum: Sorry, I should have clarified, I never suicide as town, and even as scum, I wouldn't deliberately break the rules to get myself modkilled; rather, I'd do what you suggested and self-hammer if I were at L-1.

#HBC | Dancer

Uh, okay. I say we give Kirbyoshi twenty four hours or so to change his mind about posting the screen cap, and if he doesn't we lynch him. I mean, I guess we could still do Day 1 scum hunting and stuff but really Kirbyoshi pretty much has to go toDay, one way or another.

@Kirbyoshi: If you're town, then I really suggest that you do post a sceenshot of your pm. Your sacrifice would be for a greater good.

Oh, and about that sportsman ship thing is kinda just an AtE. Besides, most of the people here don't care anyways. . . so yeah. Also I've seen people get themselves modkilled on purpose for the sake of the town so it really is a legit strategy to use. The more and more you refuse the more scummy you look so take your pick how you want to go. If you decide you wanta be lynched then one could only assume it's because you want to bring this game into the night phase.

D

Deleted member

adumbrodeus said:
So, you would never self-hammer as scum, even if it prevented town from coordinating power roles when you were the obvious play of the day?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14465

Remember this thread? I remember a post where you said that I shouldn't even consider it a legit stragedy move. After Smash Bros. Mafia, I stand by self-hammering as a form of giving up. It's cheap as scum and absolutely pitiful as town and I've learned that very well. I was getting the feeling that you thought the same way. How did that change from there to here?
adumbrodeus said:
Seriously dude, play to your wincon.
Kirbyoshi fufilling your request and posting screenshots of his confirmation is not playing toward his win condition. If he did that and got mod-killed, that's not playing toward his win condition, that means he has already lost, regardless of outcome. Whereas if he gets lynched, his alignment still has a chance of winning.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
SSBF said:
Kirbyoshi fufilling your request and posting screenshots of his confirmation is not playing toward his win condition. If he did that and got mod-killed, that's not playing toward his win condition, that means he has already lost, regardless of outcome. Whereas if he gets lynched, his alignment still has a chance of winning.
It will prove that OS lied, which shows that he is scum, which will allow us to hit scum, which would actually be more beneficial than us just lynching him here and now.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
As weird as it is saying this, SSBF has a point. Posting a screenshot is not playing to my win condition if it is against the rules, since if I get modkilled for breaking a rule, I lose, regardless of how my team does.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
If I didn't make it clear, you don't need to waste your time waiting on me. I'm not posting a screenshot.

#HBC | Dancer

Kirbyoshi, I really hope you're scum, because if you're not, then you totally missed the point of what it means to win as town.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb: Why didn't you want Kirbyo at L-1? Based on the timing of the move, I'm assuming that was the main reason you unvoted.
Scum can self hammer. Riddle did it in Barhouse Sleepover (very recent game) to end the day immediately. That way town gained very little information.

@Kirbyo

If you're part of the cartoon voice actor team you should be able to prove it. If you can't then you have to be scum.

@everybody

Don't hammer before Kirbyo responds. Anybody who hammers is auto-scum in my book.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not so sure I understand what the advantage is to having KirbyYo suicide by posting a screencap of his confirmation/role PM or whatever. Regardless of whether or not KirbyYo actually did participate in the challenge, haven't we already established that OS being wrong doesn't necessitate him outright lying? Like I'm not sure how a screen cap somehow undoes the possibility that OS just ****ed up with his over zealous meta data farming which simply makes him wrong, not a deliberate liar.

Both town AND scum can be wrong, however it is almost never townies that are deliberate liars.

Unless I'm missing something here I really don't see how getting KirbyYo modkilled over lynching him will show us that OS is a deliberate liar. The way I see it it accomplishes the same task as lynching KirbyYo; showing us if OS was WRONG.

I'm all for a KirbyYo lynch today, but the question we need to be considering come day two is a question of OS's intent, since he'll either be proven to be wrong or right about this whole deal. We won't be able to determine whether he is town or scum just by finding out if he's wrong or right, but we WILL be able to determine if he's town or scum (or at least get a better idea) if we breakdown this whole incident bearing the knowledge of KirbyYo's eventual flip in mind and figure out if it was a TvT, TvS, SvS, TvI, SvI, or whatever the hell else kind of interaction could be. You do that through analysis of intent.

I'm interested to see how KirbyYo responds to Gheb's suggestion that he must be able to prove he is a part of his claimed team.

Gonna look over Sworddancer again to see if he's really trying to scapegoat OS or if he's just being over-paranoid like me in Barhouse (totally different situation obviously but yeah, I was paranoid as **** and said stupid **** lol).

Also gonna look at SSBF Gheb interaction a bit more, mostly to try and dissect SSBF's reactions.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Gheb, I have a sneaking suspicion that your plan involves KirbyYoshi surviving another day and the team captain for the other team outing himself. I dun like it.

Top Bottom