• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MWC-E #2: Smash-a-Mania, Lexington, KY Nov. 14th

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Closer to one. Takes an hour, hour and a half.

As long as I can stay at someone's place on Friday (along with all other people riding with me), I have no problem driving. Just know that however long it takes for me to take you guys home, it takes another hour for me to go home, so I might need to sleep somewhere that night as well.

smash64

Smash Champion
Watch today and I get #1 and #2 here.
by the way, yeah this part was not gonna stay like that either today lol..

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Pittos, now I need to come to this!
If you live in Cincinnati, you need to get in contact with the drivers we have.

Tyr (Lucas main)
Dr. X (plays melee main)
OS (awesome main)

Unless instructed further, I am assuming my car is going to be me + Kel + God Kais. Is this correct Y.b.M. / Ed / Infern?

lain

Smash Master
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet
Pokémon Stadium 2
Abyss *
Brinstar

*facepalm*

At least Jungle Japes is conveniently banned while there are about 15 MK stages here (in combination with the INSANELY HOMO mk stages, Equity, Libra, and Abyss which I'm sure you did on purpose). Good job OS, making yourself look like a complete d-bag one tourney at a time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet
Pokémon Stadium 2
Abyss *
Brinstar

*facepalm*

At least Jungle Japes is conveniently banned while there are about 15 MK stages here (in combination with the INSANELY HOMO mk stages, Equity, Libra, and Abyss which I'm sure you did on purpose). Good job OS, making yourself look like a complete d-bag one tourney at a time.
Libra also gives you another FD, meaning you can CP Smashville, FD, and/or Libra. In addition, I hate playing on Abyss as MK.

I also didn't pick the stagelist for this tournament.

Or the last one.

Ziiiiiiiiing.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet
Pokémon Stadium 2
Abyss *
Brinstar

*facepalm*

At least Jungle Japes is conveniently banned while there are about 15 YOSHI stages here (in combination with the INSANELY AWESOME yoshi stages, Equity, Libra, and Abyss which I'm sure you did on purpose). Good job OS and xisin, making yourself look like a complete yoshi lovers one tourney at a time.
fix'd.

these cp's are too ****ing good. even picto and my whale slide are here!!! ^___^

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
You gave the TO's a list of dumb stages (one even more gay than the next) and force them to pick a certain number of them for the tournament. Onnet's on it for God's sake. It's impossible not to have an awful stagelist.

Your "I didn't pick the stages" argument is ********. And Abyss is a dumb and completely unnecesary stage.

Xisin actually did a decent job of keeping some of the more gay stage choices out of this tournament. But if Lolis wasn't so far away I'd go there instead in a heartbeat.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Libra also gives you another FD, meaning you can CP Smashville, FD, and/or Libra. In addition, I hate playing on Abyss as MK.

I also didn't pick the stagelist for this tournament.

Or the last one.

Ziiiiiiiiing.
No, but you gave us the constraints.
It would be a much more conservative list otherwise ^_^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No, but you gave us the constraints.
It would be a much more conservative list otherwise ^_^
Thus preventing a TO from making a list too conservative or too liberal; compare the most liberal and most conservative lists you can make with my constraints to the SBR ruleset, which has been copy/pasted at several events in the MW. Hell, recently we had that at both the GKais event and at the Lexington event, and both are now circuit venues with less liberal stage lists.

Also, anything that makes Lain get a emotional brain wedgie is win in my book.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet
Pokémon Stadium 2
Abyss *
Brinstar

*facepalm*

Just to correct you on libra i think it sucks as an mk stage vs marth as I can get some crazy early kills on libra via grab release tip'd fairs. Ask any mk that played me on there last circuit event, still though mk beats marth so its not like it means a whole lot.

I made the list along with eric we decided to go as non jank as we possibly could with it. jank is a loose term and its definition differs by the person, so lets say non jank to our standards... even then I couldnt get the stage list that I wanted mosty because of certain restraints, which I won't bash anyone for since its trying something new.

If I had it my way we'd have a national unified stage list, If I had things by my opinion Rainbow Cruise wouldn't be legal and Fd wouldn't be neutral. But things probably never will be that way. After discussing RC's legality at this tournament (I had the option of taking it off.) I figured it'd just be too controversial at an already controversial circuit. So i decided that now wasn't the time to act on it.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
If you live in Cincinnati, you need to get in contact with the drivers we have.

Tyr (Lucas main)
Dr. X (plays melee main)
OS (awesome main)

Unless instructed further, I am assuming my car is going to be me + Kel + God Kais. Is this correct Y.b.M. / Ed / Infern?
I think Kassandra wants to be wherever Kel is for sure.. lol!

I'll probably end up riding with Tyr if he does not mind! (: Xepoves maybe can, too? Unless you have a car yourself!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
At least one of those people should probably be riding with me, I think... Unless we somehow get 13 people-- which we would if both sai and xepovs come.

clowsui

Smash Legend
SS and I HAVE to ride w/ Tyr b/c parents issues, if I haven't mentioned this before...so Tyr's car already has 2.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol it's funny that your parents think I'm the most reliable driver.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Well...it's more like they don't know Evan or Steve as well as they know you. And by know, I mean they aren't as acquainted with.

lain

Smash Master
So OS was called out, tried to place the blame on someone else, called out again, and then said he was still right and he's being a ******** t.o. because he likes to "give someone a brain wedgie". That's exactly the response I want to hear from a circuit organizing T.O. position that is supposed to be responsible, take input from the community, and actually help the MW have a structured circuit so as to promote competitiveness and make everyone better.

You have displayed none of these qualities.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So OS was called out, tried to place the blame on someone else, called out again, and then said he was still right and he's being a ******** t.o. because he likes to "give someone a brain wedgie". That's exactly the response I want to hear from a circuit organizing T.O. position that is supposed to be responsible, take input from the community, and actually help the MW have a structured circuit so as to promote competitiveness and make everyone better.

You have displayed none of these qualities.
We'll be happy not to have you. :)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
actually I'd much rather lain and other michigan players come. they're cool people and add a lot of character diversity at higher levels of play. speak for yourself overswarm.

Airborne

Smash Lord
lexington never has had anyone outside of the tri-state area anyways, so let's get 'em. =O

edit: get, as in, have them attend the tourny; not leading mutiny on OS here b/c that's not how i roll.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
So whats the real reason kel and os have beef with ann arbor? It's not like there's selectivity to the hate. They just seem to sling **** at each other any time any possible excuse arises.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
So whats the real reason kel and os have beef with ann arbor? It's not like there's selectivity to the hate. They just seem to sling **** at each other any time any possible excuse arises.
Michigan doesn't like OS's theory on how rulesets for competitive gaming should work.
OS doesn't care.
Michigan expects their voices to count.
OS doesn't care.
Michigan hates on OS every chance they get.
OS doesn't care...but takes jabs at them here and there because it's funny.

Am I describing it accurately?

Personally, I don't understand how divisive one's position on competitive game theory can be. Let's remember we're talking about a video game where YOSHI can fight JIGGLYPUFF. This game is ********, and we're all playing it for fun. It's OK if some people like playing it differently than others.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dastrn describes it too well.

I have goals with everything I do, and I don't expect everyone to agree with them. Some of them are obviously out there (custom stages), some of them are more down to earth (giving a strict list of stages to choose from for a circuit).

Lain is complaining about the stages on for this event, and doesn't seem to realize that I wasn't the one that chose the stages. To the outside eye, it seems as if I'm being unreasonable at my core; forcing TOs to use stages is bad, right?

But then when you realize a circuit needs to have consistency, you have to have a certain list. That's easy enough.

The issue is that some people like uber conservative (Lain) and some people like uber liberal (Me). What Lain is complaining about when he sees the stage list isn't that I'm saying "make stagelists from this list". What he's actually complaining about is that the stages on aren't the stages that he wants to play. The stages on at this tournament are "gay" and are bad for his character.

It's ironic, because so far the two venues for the circuit (Cincinnati, Lexington) have had LESS liberal stagelists on for the circuit than the events held at the same venues during the same months! I'm preventing TO hosts that are incredibly liberal (like Cincinnati and OUGA) to have every possible CP they want, which would be allowed using the SBR ruleset. At the same time, I'm preventing TO hosts that are incredibly conservative (like Xisin) from having a very bare-bones stage list.

None of the stages have shown to be broken for competitive play, and I've put systems in place for people to show evidence that can be critiqued. No one has, nor will, follow these; they just don't LIKE the stages. I'm not one to alter the metagame by removing things I like or don't like (which is influenced by your character choice, like it or not) and so I take a much slower approach to evolving the game's stagelist.

Over time our stage list will get shorter. This is inevitable. Some people with Lain's mentality say "well it's OBVIOUS that these stages are gay and/or not fun and/or not competitive" and want to get rid of them. Onett, Spear Pillar, Pirate Ship, Pictochat, Jungle Japes, they're all in the same overall category for them. To people with my mentality, each stage is either a "starter" or "counterpick" after initial testing based on how they play, and then CPs are tested individually over time through many ways, but most importantly tournament results.

If people complain about Pirate Ship being OP for G&W, that's people complaining. If people complain about G&W winning all the time on Pirate Ship and it starts to become a trend.... that's something important to take note of.

There's no reasoning with people of a different mentality. My way makes the better game in the long run; this is not opinion, it is fact. Banning stages only when they show the need to be banned makes a deeper game. Lain's way attempts to cut all the fat off as fast as possible, but in the process will cut some meat off as well. This makes a game more shallow, and can inadvertantly help some characters an extreme amount. Think to yourself: if we only played on Smashville, FD, and Battlefield, what characters would suddenly become super amazing? It's the same thing when you ban any stage, just on a smaller scale. G&W could be an amazing character, but we've banned almost all of his best CPs; whether or not these are legitimate bans are irrelevant to G&W placement in tournament. He has lost CPs that could have helped him a tremendous amount. It's very important to me that I don't say "Well I'm (character) and want to ban (stage) because it's lame, and by lame I mean it's bad for me". Having pictochat banned would help me a lot. Diddy gets less of a CP, and random characters couldn't get early horizontal KOs on my MK. But that's not a reason, and if I try to push for Pictochat being banned knowing that it'd be good for my character if it were, I'm not able to trust any reasoning. I have to see evidence. It's the same with everyone.

But like I said, Lain can't be reasoned with and I care 0% about what anyone thinks at all times, especially in the smash community. It's hard to hurt someone when you can't hurt their feelings, they have a life outside of your influence, you can not like them all you want but they can still show up to events, etc., etc., etc. In addition, Lain's a lot of fun because he's like Inu! 2.0, except with less fake logic and more real rage.

Plus I read all of his posts with Hercule's voice in my head. Go up, read it, and say it like it's Hercule from DBZ. It's insanely entertaining.

nibroc100

Smash Rookie
Help me.

Hey, everyone!

Not really sure how all this works but I'm planning on coming to this event with a few of my friends. I was just wondering how all this works e.g. How i get signed up? As of right now its me and three of my friends. I can bring a setup if necessary. If anyone can offer up any advice it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah and whats MMing?

:confused:

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
^ O: Haha! Heeyoo!
Uhm MM means Money Match.. haha. It's when you and someone else plays for a certain amount a money, and winner takes all.
Also, arrive on time, register, and you should be okay! Just remember there is a registration fee and a venue fee to pay.. but if you bring set-up then you don't have to pay for venue! That's pretty much it! Just talk, hang out, play some games, and have fun! (: I hope that helps.. lol! Sorry if it doesn't.. haha.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Pokemon stadium 2 and DP over japes? Yall's dumb.
that was moreso my say.

I'd rather have a stage that limits spammers to a sense (the slope) than have a gay spam fest all day or a stage you can't kill anyone vertically. i'd rather have none of those stages :p

and i hate ps2 just as much as the next person ^_^ but at least it's gonna be more of a fight there.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Hey, everyone!

Not really sure how all this works but I'm planning on coming to this event with a few of my friends. I was just wondering how all this works e.g. How i get signed up? As of right now its me and three of my friends. I can bring a setup if necessary. If anyone can offer up any advice it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah and whats MMing?

:confused:
If you're in time for the tournament, you can sign right up at the event. If you show up with money and a controller, the rest will take care of itself.

MM= money match. Two players put money down, the winner takes the money. Simple as that.'

that was moreso my say.

I'd rather have a stage that limits spammers to a sense (the slope) than have a gay spam fest all day or a stage you can't kill anyone vertically. i'd rather have none of those stages :p

and i hate ps2 just as much as the next person ^_^ but at least it's gonna be more of a fight there.
I love ya buddy, but that's a dumb reason to ban stages. Also ps2 NOT a spamfest? You can't safely do moves on 4 out of 4 transformations.

Let's remember we're talking about a video game where YOSHI can fight JIGGLYPUFF.
I want to be friends with you.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I am pretty loud.

Also, I want to give you your present Crash :D

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I hate your stagelists and most of the stages are actually good for my character.

Also, your logic is ********. Just because you think playing with more stages adds depth to the game in the long run doesn't mean it's a "fact" that it makes the game better. You could make the same argument with things like playing with items and other equally ******** things. No one showed me that stages like Bridge of Eldin weren't fit for competitive play. It's pretty **** obvious.

You're entitled to your opinion but don't act like it's better than anyone elses. It isn't.

I hope to God someone else steps up to run this circuit next time.

Top Bottom