• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MWC-E #2: Smash-a-Mania, Lexington, KY Nov. 14th

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
IHOP, because pancakes are too good and the last time i ate at ihop was in middletown, Ri >_>

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll bring a setup as always.

Hopefully we get all the Lexington locals like last time :D

Airborne

Smash Lord
wouldn't the main question to be asked between IHOP and Steak and Shake be:
Which is closer?

also add me for a wii and add exile for a tv; hopefully i won't be dreadfully sick this time....

exiled0ne

Smash Rookie
Yes, add me for a tv as always. Happy to see a circuit at home for a change. And definitely shoot for the IHOP, haven't been there in forever.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We didn't have alll the Lexington locals last time. :p
Then bring 'em this time! :D

Let's make this the biggest event Kentucky has ever had! This is a circuit, so you're gonna be getting some good players coming down. Let's get people involved. :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
MMs:

$1 v. Excel
$1 v. ShadowPhoenix
$1 v. Joey
$1 v. ZERO
$3 Mini-Lesson Overswarm (dependent on whether I win the MMs)
$1 v. Infern

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Clowsui, why would you $1 4 people and then throw it away by MMing me for $4.

While I enjoy money and happily take it from others that don't know better, allow me to make an observation:

If you can MM 4 people and beat them and desire to keep some of your money, MMing someone that you couldn't possibly beat consistently is a bad gamble at best. I go toe-to-toe with Kel and we trade games back and forth in both tournament and set. Our MK dittos are so ridiculous he 3 stocked me on his counterpick and then I won t hat set. If I won $10 in MMs, MMing Kel for $10 would be foolish because I don't gain anything. What you are doing is the equivalent of me MMing Mew2King.

If you're looking for experience, $1 MM people.

If you're looking for training, I charge $3 for a lifetime of mini-lessons at tournaments.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL I talked to OS about this over AIM, I was thinking MMs but I intended to learn from OS instead. I just mistakenly put MMs in the post.

In any case, Infern, it doesn't apply to you...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Kiest, I would offer housing but I'm driving cinci and live an hour north... so unless Cincinnati wanted to stay at my house (they wouldn't) I would not be able to. :[

Maybe someone in cincinnati?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
This tournament name is dumb. And no japes confuses me.

I'm still gonna come though. But only if morehead agrees to hugs and jokes.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Added attendance list + set ups to the OP

I encourage as many people as possible to bring set ups, we have a huge room and will have the room for a vast number of set ups.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suggest we have a TV size requirement. People brought small T.Vs last time and we didn't use them (only one out of like...3/4). No sense in making them bring it. I don't think people like to play on the small t.vs, and they just throw wii:tv count off.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
sounds like a pretty sound idea for tournament tvs at least, could always use the smaller tvs for friendly stations. Edit - Actually scratch the friendly thing any wii should be dedicated to the tournament. Just let us know what size tv you are bringing if you are bringing a tv. Prob nothing under a 13 inch

Airborne

Smash Lord
the tv i brought last time was at least a 14".... though i'm not bringing it again due to laziness. =P
and we were also kinda pushin' it last time with wiis due to excessive televisions..... -.-
we always seem to be in more need of wiis in lexington.....

TheKiest

Smash Champion
That's ok OS, I can't make it anyway due to having to work Friday AND Saturday night.

I can't call off during November or December :(

Airborne

Smash Lord
That's ok OS, I can't make it anyway due to having to work Friday AND Saturday night.

I can't call off during November or December :(
ANGER. Kiest, I haven't seen you since MW:E Champs... T______________T

in other news, i FINALLY got my license... a year and half later than desired, but better late than never, amirite? yayyyyyyy, ben.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
No Japes? I'm excited! That stage always ****s me over. D:
yeah! ^_^

xisin and i went over the stage list a good deal and my goal was to make it as non-janky as possible.
we would have took out RC too if we knew that too many people wouldn't beep about it. imo it's one of the jankier stages of the lot we had to choose from. problem is, it's in just about every tourney =/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This'll be a good way to isolate RC then; if it shows to have a dominant effect in the tournament, you can add to your evidence that it is "janky"

clowsui

Smash Legend
MAD HYPE YO

In any case, Judge still hasn't explained exactly WHY he will be in jail for this or might be in any case.

Also, Cincinnati ride situation:

We need 3 cars. Tyr and Dr. X are already lined up to drive. I'm not sure if Overswarm will drive "up to go down", as Kel puts it. in any case, due to parental concerns, SS and I have to ride with Tyr...so God Kais can't ride together :/ Sorry.

King~

Smash Champion
wont be making this because:

1.no money, which may solve itself over the next week though.

2.no wii, which also may fix itself over the next week

3. no ride, if 1 and 2 do fix themselves it would matter because all(2) the drivers want to go to MI for lolis since its closer(and since alot of them havent been up to mi yet)

have funs

Top Bottom