• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MW at FAST

kirkq

Smash Ace
I'm in Northwest Indiana, I'm considering going at this point (50% sure). I will have a car available for the trip, 2 spots in it are pretty much reserved by my friends, the other two are probably first dibs to well-known MW players.

I'll make my final decision shortly after the Ohio tourney.

Kel

Smash Master
I'm in Northwest Indiana, I'm considering going at this point (50% sure). I will have a car available for the trip, 2 spots in it are pretty much reserved by my friends, the other two are probably first dibs to well-known MW players.

I'll make my final decision shortly after the Ohio tourney.
You know, Kel and Overswarm are right on the way on I-75 South. We're well known AND hot!

*nudge* *nudge*

_kSo_

Smash Master
god, why is it a four day tournament

if i go, i will need to go with someone who isn't participating in the brawl portion because I do not have any intention of staying an extra 2 days for a game that I am not interested in at all

Chexr

Smash Ace
Looks like me and Aaron will be repping MW then. Aaron has been destroying me with Snake and MK lately. We are defiantly gonna take brawl teams I can feel it.

lain

Smash Master
Also, anyone in the car with me WILL listen to my ****ty music (arctic monkeys, death cab for cutie, the decemberists, violent femmes, etc.)

actually I don't care bring cd's

:colorful:

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Well first open seat is promised to Xiivi. If Anther doesn't come, you can take his seat.

So you got date/times you're leaving and coming back? I'm just wanting to see exactly what I need to request off of work. I hope Anther comes for the sole purpose of playing him at some point. :025:

Also, anyone in the car with me WILL listen to my ****ty music (arctic monkeys, death cab for cutie, the decemberists, violent femmes, etc.)

actually I don't care bring cd's

Er...I see you list a bunch of bands I've never heard of so I check my iPod and search for them. I have songs from all of those. My iPod is a magical abyss of any and every song ever. I don't even know how any of those got on there. But yeah, sampling them, NO. Thank goodness I'll have my iPod to shield me from that, haha. I have CDs that I can bring. Awesome CDs filled with a variety of Top 40, rock, pop, r&b, country, and even techno stuff. I'm sure we could all agree on something at some point.

lain

Smash Master
i'm, sorry to say, but it doesn't look like i can give a ride anymore. it doesn't look like i'll get a license in time.

sorry everyone... but maybe there's SOMEWAY

;_;

D_B_S

Smash Lord
wtf lain!!!!!!!

um........... if u get your license let me kno

but um......

I still want a ride if anyone stoping thru detroit

Zjiin

Smash Master
Come on, you guys should come! Regional crews will be no fun if the midwest isn't there!
We're still trying to make it. Mendoza just doesn't want to drive the whole way, and i can't help him out there since my license was revoked. (not DUI, racing) IF anyone is interested in going and would be willing to switch off drivers it would really help.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
cosmo call me tomorrow. im interested in going and i have a........ plan .. thats all ican say for now more info later god im soooo ****ing tired
ps zjinn and mendoza can come with

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
well the simple part of the story is that we can just rent a car and drive down. The other part is housing which I might have arranged, and it has a pretty great story behind it. If that falls through we can just get a hotel or something. I'll drive a chunk. Should be like $150-$200 a person for gas/car/hotel/food. You guys want in on this?
ps cosmo call me

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey, if there are any midwesterners who can't afford the trip to FL I'm having a tournament that weekend too:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161768

The stage list is being debated in the thread and the backroom right now, I would appreciate the feedback from other people even if you can't go to the tournament.

Thanks and good luck to all that can go!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
wtf.

10 wtfs
I have no ride and am not willing to drive 13 hours; I am especially not willing to drive 13 hours with only me in the car.... so unless someone miraculously says "hey, you should go to FAST 1 with us" with enough time in advance, the odds of me going are slim.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I dont...think st.louis is gonna be driving through northern kentucky, as far as I know. Unless Im just really bad at geography.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I DO need a partner -_~

I dunno what our car situation is, actually. Or how far out of the way you are
Well, I'd probably be driving to St. Louis. It'd be preferable if I was able to take someone else with me so I didn't have to drive to St. Louis on my own though.

You should find out your car information and see how many free spots you have, because if all I had to do was drive to St. Louis and then ride from there, I'm pretty sure there are others from the MW that would want to go with me :D

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Man, I wish I heard about this earlier, I definitely would've saved up for this and even drove too. Are there any other big yearly tournaments that happen that would require a bit of driving? If I magically win some big lottery money, then I will go, and pick up OS also. But the odds of that are 1-in-too much.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Man, I wish I heard about this earlier, I definitely would've saved up for this and even drove too. Are there any other big yearly tournaments that happen that would require a bit of driving? If I magically win some big lottery money, then I will go, and pick up OS also. But the odds of that are 1-in-too much.
You could easily get a credit card.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Who would be on the regional crew for Brawl?

I'd join for Melee if I was needed... but I haven't played in a while and would have to warm up.

Top Bottom