• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MW at FAST

Zjiin

Smash Master
I've talked to quite a few people about this, and since plane tickets are getting increasingly more expensive by the day, we are now talking about driving down there. If we organize one or two cars full to go down there, gas prices split should be at a minimum, which everyone loves.

People who have expressed interest in going:

Zjiin
Mendoza
Cosmo
Tink
BigC
Kels
Infernohit
Viperboy
Blook Hawk
Lain
Xiivi
I rise
Mario-master
Tre
Kel
Overswarm
Lethal Beauty
Eighteenspikes
Khepri

Anyone else?

Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164840

Let's show em what's what.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
how much do you expect gas would be per person?
This is about a 13 hour drive (906 miles) from Cincinnati, give or take a few hours depending on where you live, and if you have a 30 mpg car you've got estimated prices of:

906miles /30mpg = 30.2 gallons needed to get to Florida.

That's 3 stops with a 10 gallon tank.

Gas prices for 30.2 gallons needed to get to Florida:

$4- 120.8
$4.50 - 135.9
$5 - 151

If you get a full car (5 people), the gas price payed individually is thus:

$4 - 24.16
$4.5 - 27.18
$5 - 30.2

Since it is a 13 hour drive, I'm assuming everyone will stop to eat at least twice (once before trip, once during trip), and assuming you are frugal and are able to spend only $20 on food and drink at all gas stations and food stops, you are looking at needing somewhere between

$44- $50 going to Florida, and another $44-$50 going back.

If someone has a bus or a van or a car with ridiculous gas mileage, that'd be awesome.

I'm interested in going, but I'd rather eat dirt and earthworms than drive to Florida.

I'd suggest people start saving now. I have a Sam's membership, so if we were all getting together before we left GUNPUNCH! could go on a supply run and get stuff in bulk so we all have drinks and snacks and whatnot for the road.

Summary:

It's gonna cost about $100 to get to and from Florida from here.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Summary:

It's gonna cost about $100 to get to and from Florida from here.
Makes sense, but my guestimate would have been twice as much, just to be safe. (which is still way cheaper than flying)

300 bucks should cover round trip, food, and tournament entry form what i figure. You can probably get by with much less, but I like to hav ea good time. ;)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Makes sense, but my guestimate would have been twice as much, just to be safe. (which is still way cheaper than flying)

300 bucks should cover round trip, food, and tournament entry form what i figure. You can probably get by with much less, but I like to hav ea good time. ;)
$250 would be a good bet for total cost of everything, $300 would have you leaving with money back.

I expect everyone leaving from the MW to bring money for MMs :D

chun1

Smash Apprentice
300 bones? dang. that's the price of a wii and a copy of brawl.

so i guess that's pretty good...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
300 bones? dang. that's the price of a wii and a copy of brawl.

so i guess that's pretty good...
Well, it's not like you wouldn't be eating at home anyway, so you can't count food against the trip XD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol. word.

so what about housing? anyone there willing to house for free?
Florida is full of people willing to house; check teh thread, the first page will be updated with info soon (I think)

chun1

Smash Apprentice
LOL. the way you put it, damian....i actually want to go now.

ESPECIALLY since the kishes aren't doing FC this year, which is so broke.

Tink

Smash Hero
i was gonna fly, but if nobody else is going to, id rather not <_<....i dont have a good gas mileage car either.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
flights aren't bad right now, from indy.

i have an option for leaving From Indianapolis at 5:07 pm on Wednesday the 16th, non stop flight to Orlando, and leaves Orlando Monday the 21st at 10am. Non stop trip, with taxes and fee's included it's $188.50.

so if you're all serious theres an option right there

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I'm definitely interested. Florida is a hella way aways. The only problem I foresee is getting all that time off of work. We'll see what I can arrange though. It is more than a month away, so I should be able to swing it.

lain

Smash Master
i kinda wanna go to this.

i'll be able to drive by then, so i'm willing to pick up people if they want.

uhhhh i'll probably get money to go, so we'll just see. def. put me down as going and driving,

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
*expresses interest*

I'm sad about missing the last big melee event, so I'd like to make it to this one, and there being brawl as well just makes it better.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
i will be able to go to this and if someone wants to car pool i'd be down with that. i'll be in indianapolis for the summer but i could get up to the chicagoland area to meet people. if not i might go with the viperboy suggestion of flying out from indy.

Smash Journeyman
definitely put me down for a seat. since im the one who thought of this and
told kels about it.

im willing to do it since im open and i really wanna go.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Consider also that OS gave you a 13 hour estimate from Cincinatti, and Chicago is 5 more hours from there, plus you'll be doing a bunch of driving around to pick people up all through indiana and ohio.

I drove to south florida from warsaw, in one time and it took like 19 hours...ugh.

If it wasn't for 2 days of melee, i'd probably come along to this, but I don't think i want to sit through all that.

Keep in mind also that a few of us are working on a big one in the midwest for the either the week right after FAST, or 2 weeks after. I might even score the kishes usual location for FC...there's an idea.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
if you score a big tournament in south bend (or anywhere in the midwest really) AND do melee i will be there for sure. actually if i have nothing else to do i will most likely come even if it's just brawl. but still.. melee plz.

Smash Journeyman
Consider also that OS gave you a 13 hour estimate from Cincinatti, and Chicago is 5 more hours from there, plus you'll be doing a bunch of driving around to pick people up all through indiana and ohio.

I drove to south florida from warsaw, in one time and it took like 19 hours...ugh.

If it wasn't for 2 days of melee, i'd probably come along to this, but I don't think i want to sit through all that.

Keep in mind also that a few of us are working on a big one in the midwest for the either the week right after FAST, or 2 weeks after. I might even score the kishes usual location for FC...there's an idea.

yea i get what your saying 18 hours is a bit much. but will have to be doable cuz of the amount needed othewise(plane-food-tourny etc)

but if theres gunna be a big mw tourny coming up fast shouldnt stop me fom going

Overswarm

is laughing at you

aw man, I would totally be okay with not sitting in a car for 18 hours

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll make sure not to schedule anything on the same weekend as FAST to make sure not to take away from a potentially big national tourney. But expect something in the same general time-frame.

OS, me you and Kish2 need to chat soon.

Kel

Smash Master
flights aren't bad right now, from indy.

i have an option for leaving From Indianapolis at 5:07 pm on Wednesday the 16th, non stop flight to Orlando, and leaves Orlando Monday the 21st at 10am. Non stop trip, with taxes and fee's included it's $188.50.

so if you're all serious theres an option right there
If this is round trip, I may be up for this. I'd like it if we all left together in a big awesome group. We just need a place to stay. TJ/ Tink/ anyone else that would rather fly, get a hold of me on AIM or post here if you really want to fly out there. I'f just rather not go by myself.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If this is round trip, I may be up for this. I'd like it if we all left together in a big awesome group. We just need a place to stay. TJ/ Tink/ anyone else that would rather fly, get a hold of me on AIM or post here if you really want to fly out there. I'f just rather not go by myself.
Flying is definitly an option if it really is that cheap. $250 at CVG... and it'd only cost $100 to get there and back in a car, including food. It's just the suckiness of being in a car so long.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
sheeeeeit I wanna go. Gonna try to see if I can get the colt fixed, I'd love to drive to Florida, driving is the best. Right now I'm driving a $40 car that dies all the time so yeah. If my car doesn't get fixed I'll just call a seat with someone I guess heh.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Good **** Guys!!!

We'd be glad to have any of you in Florida!

I hope these plans work out. FAST1 is going to be ridiculous.

Tink

Smash Hero
FL isnt ready for the MW flood. we should make a vid for it this weekend =) and post it up. anybody have a camcorder going o,0?

Mendoza

Smash Apprentice
Listen, I'm all for driving, and renting a car is such a beautiful idea. The positives far outweigh the extra cost, and those usually have wonderful gas mileage anyway. The fact that we don't have to worry about car problems or pre-tuning (oil change, ect.) is also a definite plus. I can drive all day knowing it's not my car!

Plus, in-car road trip conversation are top-tier.

lain

Smash Master
anyone that would be on the way i might be able to pickup if there's room. i'm in MI (obviously)

Top Bottom