• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MVC3 Thread [PSN Lobby Meetup, Wed 9PM NSW/VIC, 8PM QLD, 6PM WA: Add SqueeeWoxy]

What console are you snagging this Marvel of a game on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
ima seee how i go when i play, people dont go too extreme on me either, because im really bad at this game lol.

and yeah i damaged my pinky today at work, so if it works too much to play on my stick, i might sit out for the night =(

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i had another amazing 3 hours with meteor <3

the lobby system fails with large people -- needs a spectator mode if it cant host dual battles at the same time

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Haha, always amazing fun having such long games, Cao. I don't want our skill levels to separate. =<

Maybe practice some of that Iron Man and I'll be really worried next time, haha. Ammy frustrates as usual at least. xD

tibs7

Smash Champion
i have nothing at all tomorrow so ill look into it more then

i seriously thought i had a working psn but maybe not. like it has my username and password then tries to log in but yeah it doesnt seem to work. which i why i asked before if we needed to activate it.

aw well ill figure it out tomoz

z time :)

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Cao, they already said they can't do spec mode cause it's such a fast paced game and would require too much data for it or something like that... We'll have to get used to 2 cards making out.

Timic, you were like the only laggy person the whole lobby, Moose's net even cleared up towards the end.

But yea, maybe we can do another one, but 2 lobbies with even peeps? Waiting for 7 other people to play takes ages...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
next week we should organise 2 lobbies minimum, as long as meteor is on my lobby. i wanted to play timic and toki more -- keep the rooms private -- it gets filled with random americans FAST. so if people want to switch over rooms, just text message the host.

and yes -- timic is the only person that legged for me -- i know moose lags but i didnt get much chance to play him :c

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'm comin Tibby!

edit: Tibby not joining... :<

edit2: eep sorry Tibs. My nets suddenly acting funny. Fun games though. Dormammu's amazing, yes?

Everyone's using the dog. =(

tibs7

Smash Champion
He is so effing gaaaay!
I've never seen that squid thing either Epic combos.
I don't know why I couldn't special in the air today lol so bad.

Yeah I used alot of chars today I've really only used ammy, wolvie and wesker lol. Need to play moarr :)

gg's

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Yeah definitely work on Ammy. She's such a ***** played right lol.

Shuma can be pretty nasty with combo's but if you have a tigher defense you'll have a lot less issues with him.

And Dormammu? What can I say, you're ****ed when he comes in with xfactor and 5 meters to burn. :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
also tibs you're playing mostly my characters so meteor is pretty much on top of them at a beginners lvl lol

dormy's his best char and he saves it last so you need someone who is fast enough to rush him without getting attacked or find a better char with better ranged attacks, like ammy. i send out ammy first always, so i don't even use my own advice lol. i certainly rarely finish with ammy when i sub her out. besides, his tasky and shumy are all equally solid.

try and find ways to force him to spend his meter on his other two chars. you need the lead for this to happen. if he starts off with shumy first (as he usually would), send out ammy first to finish him off before he does you with your gay fwd heavy combo and save your meter. slow hyper with ammy works REALLY well against his shumy/tasky since they are combo reliant and that messes the timing of their combos and you will get an easy opening for attack. careful though, cus you won't build your own meter when it's activated, which actually makes dormy more powerful at the end.

or. you could just learn the wolvie bread and butter aerial combos and kill one char instantly. high risk, high reward char, since he's particularly vulnerable to keepaway chars (dormy/tasky)

bah. hard team to deal with :p

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Awww. Somebody did a lot of studying in that 3 hours last night. xD

Btw, while playing Tibs, I learned super jump airdash basically lasts the entire time slow motion thing is active. ;)

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
He is so effing gaaaay!
I've never seen that squid thing either Epic combos.
I don't know why I couldn't special in the air today lol so bad.

Yeah I used alot of chars today I've really only used ammy, wolvie and wesker lol. Need to play moarr :)

gg's
Learn to block man, Dorm isn't that bad really >_>

Hotdog

Smash Lord
He's hard to approach without the right characters or assists. The only thing you can really do is Super jump towards them.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
no point in blocking if you get chipped to death by dormy's multiple x-factored slow moving balls hyper, you can't play clutch in that scenario well. although wesker and wolvie could easily do it if they don't get hit

i really struggle in approaching dormy

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Zero should be able to get in there real easy with his command dash, you can dash right through them. Watch some Marn vids, best Zero so far, soooooo good.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the most important part though tibs, is to follow advice, that while being good, is also publicly available to, and indeed has been read by, the person your getting advice against.

its not like he will then prepare any of his own counter measures or anything.

Top Bottom