• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music Recommendations: For the sincerely interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Band: Goodbye Soundscape
Genre: Rock, Screamo, Club
Recommended Songs: Married To the Sea, Acoustic Married To the Sea, The Mystery Of William Lawrence, Clouds Of Gabardine Grey, etc.
Albums: Our Mutual Friend EP, Married To the Sea 7" vinyl

Notes: “They could honestly be The Smiths of Screamo.” - Substream Music Press

LOST. Alcohol. Tornadoes. Coffee.
What are items gathering dust on Tom Waits nightstand?

Perhaps, But these are also the phenomena that influence Pennsylvania's quintessential screamo outfit, Goodbye Soundscape. With their unparalleled live setting stimulated by its current line-up, its catchy senior week anthems, mixed with its dynamic instrumentation tightly wrapped together and produced by indie rock god J. Robbins, ask yourself... Do you heart Goodbye Soundscape?

-the guy that did Goodbye Soundscape's MySpace

Band: Motionless In White
Genre: Hardcore, Screamo, Metal
Recommended Songs: Ghost In The Mirror, Destroying Everything, Violets Are Blue, She Never Made It To The Emergency Room, Just When You Thought We Couldn't Get Any More Emo... , etc.
Albums: The Whorror EP, When Love Met Destruction
Notes: This sextet from Wilkes-Barre, PA has been playing for 4 years now, and have finally released their first full-length album, WHEN LOVE MET DESTRUCTION, on Masquerade Records. You can check them out on the East Coast Indie stage at the Warped Tour for various dates including Mansfield, MA, Binghampton, NY, Pittsburgh, PA, Scranton, PA, Richmond, VA, and more. They play a great show, and their album (NOW IN STORES!) is guaranteed to be loved by all hardcore music fans!

MIW's MySpace

PhillipthaGoober

Smash Journeyman
Artist Name: T.I.
Genre: Hip Hop/Rap
Recommended Songs: No Matter What, What You Know
Notes: Not very explicit, Nice beats, If your looking for rap lyrics What You Know is where its at.
I only like TI's older stuff. I felt that Urban Legend was his last good album.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Band name/Artist: Set your goals
Album: Mutiny
Genre:punk
Other Notes: A great band with duel vocals and a unique sound. Lyrics that don't suck (they wont sing about parties). Very up tempo and energetic.Motivational

Their album Mutiny is only about 30min and you can listen to it all the way thru, as many songs lead right into another. I recommend you get the whole album and not a few tracks if you really want to check it out.

Albert.

Smash Master
Theres a band I really love right now called The Reign of Kindo.

they have elements of Minus the Bear and Circa Survive but a million times better and jazzier.
Sick drums that mix modern rock with jazz, amazingly melodic piano, and the singer has a falsetto to rival Chris martin.

just google them for a link to their Myspace or PureVolume page.

anyone that checks them out and likes them , PM me to tell me

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
For RAP/HIP-HOP fans

Band name/Artist: Dr. Octagon (Kool Keith)
Genre: Abstract rap
Other Notes: Pick up his Dr. Octagonecologyst album, it's some of the weirdest (and funniest) experimental hip-hop you'll ever hear. It's about a deranged gynecologyst from space. Dr. Octagonecologyst and the instrumental is the only album worth hearing though, the other one sucks.

Band name/Artist: Hypnotize Minds label(Three 6 Mafia, Hypnotize camp Posse, Project Pat etc)
Genre: Hardcore/dark Rap
Other Notes: Ok, their good stuff is the songs that you don't hear on that radio. Like not that Lolli Lolli or whatever. Infact, their new album Last 2 Walk sucks. Hypnotize Mindz is the record label based in Memphis created by Dj Paul and Juicy J of Three 6 Mafia. Pretty much everything under their label is the same type of music and they often cross feature artists. Their production's top notch.
Here's some of my song picks (I listen to all their stuff so these are just some of my favorites):
Three 6 Mafia - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Project Pat - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Lord Infamous - 1 2 3
Misc. - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnotize_Minds

WildC4rd

Smash Rookie
@BassClefAlbert: Nice call on The Reign of Kindo. I really like their sound.

Here are a few songs I've been listening to recently:
Train-Drops of Jupiter
Santana(ft. C. Kroeger)-Into the Night
Sweet-Ballroom Blitz
The White Stripes-Seven Nation Army
Dream-My Will

None of them are particularly obscure but heh, maybe a few of you out there didn't know of them.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Band Name: Angels & Airwaves
Genre: Alternative Rock
Recommended Songs: A Little's Enough, The Adventure, The Gift, Lifeline, Heaven
Albums: We Don't Need to Whisper, I-Empire
Other Notes: They have a distinct sound that I really like. Unlike a lot of bands these days, they really stand out well which is great.

Band Name: Nightwish
Genre: Symphonic/Power Metal
Recommended Songs: Angels Fall First, Amaranth, Nemo, Dark Chest of Wonders, Ghost Love Score, Eva
Albums: Angels Fall First, Oceanborn, Wishmaster, Over the Hills and Far Away, Century Child, Once, Dark Passion Play
Other Notes: Nightwish is a Finnish band. Ultimately, they're an awesome band. They recently switched singers, which has caused a huge split in fans of the band...honestly, I think they're both great in their own areas. Tarja (the singer on all of their albums except for Dark Passion Play) has a great, operatic voice, and Anette's voice (current singer) is not very operatic, but she still has a good voice. I saw these guys in concert and they were awesome. A lot of bands sound completely different live, but they sounded great live, too. I really recommend them.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yes they are. >.>
Well, that's what I thought, but then a few people I knew hadn't ever even heard The Adventure, and I was talking to my friend who likes them and saying how I couldn't believe they hadn't heard of them, and they told me they weren't very well-known. I just took their word for it.

I mean, the lead singer is Tom DeLonge, I would think they'd be known for that if for nothing else.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
artist/band - Disturbed
Genre - hard rock/heavy metal
Other notes - just a wicked band somewhat well known amongst metal fans they are awesome def one of my favs

Artist/Band - Saliva
Genre - post-grunge
Other Notes - good rock band arent too heavu have good melody and also have one of their songs featured in talledega nights and do Batista from wwe's theme song

got more might post agian later if anyone likes these feeling a bit lazy now

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Artist Name: T.I.
Genre: Hip Hop/Rap
Recommended Songs: No Matter What, What You Know
Notes: Not very explicit, Nice beats, If your looking for rap lyrics What You Know is where its at.
hmm.. T.I., I haven't heard any of his songs since Urban Legend came out, and if I can recall, that album was the best one out of any he has released, I don't know but I only seem to like Hip- Hop from 2005 and below, all this "new hip-hop" with these flashy new rappers made me lose interest, plus c'mon, most of them basically sing without making a point, just repetitive crap.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Multi-Genre recommendation

I searched the thread and I couldn't believe it: no one has mentioned

The Chemical Brothers!

Genre: Electronica

Notes: These guys really know their way around a synthesizer. This isn't your average dance music. In fact, a good portion of it isn't dance music at all.

If you have shyed away from all things techno in the past due to its apparent lack of depth, this artist just might open the doors of Electronica back up for you.

Each of their albums has a different sound, but the same high amount of thought and tech skill put into it (yes, they have tech skill.)

They used to go under the name "Dust Brothers"; search for that if you want a more classic (old-skool) electronica sound.

My current favorite track of theirs is "My Elastic Eye" - look it up if u want

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist: Quasimoto

Genre: Hip-Hop (not to be confused with rap)

This has already been posted somewhere in this thread, but I thought I'd second it.
Some nice mellow hip hop. He does talk about weed a lot, but it's not too gratuitous.

Very weird sampling, very classic sound. The artist is Madlib; Quasimoto is his alter ego. He basically like raps slowly over a slow beat and then speeds both of it up, so Quasimoto sounds like Madlib on helium. I'm diggin it today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist: Idk the name of the guy

Album: F-Zero X OST

Notes: Dude this album is the ****. Seriously. If u own the game u own the sountrack which means u can download it onto your mp3 player, and don't have to play an outdated F-Zero game to hear this awesome music. Idk who they hired to do the F-Zero GX OST, but it sux compared to 64 version. Srsly. Make sure to get the original tracks, not some dude trying to play guitar to match it.

Idk it's just awesome music maybe im crazy for thinking this but check it out

Trendkill

Smash Rookie
Artist: Idk the name of the guy

Album: F-Zero X OST

Notes: Dude this album is the ****. Seriously. If u own the game u own the sountrack which means u can download it onto your mp3 player, and don't have to play an outdated F-Zero game to hear this awesome music. Idk who they hired to do the F-Zero GX OST, but it sux compared to 64 version. Srsly. Make sure to get the original tracks, not some dude trying to play guitar to match it.

Idk it's just awesome music maybe im crazy for thinking this but check it out

Hell yeah that guy is excellent

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Looking to get into some Trance music, which is what I play smash to. I currently luv Armin Van Buuren's "A State of Trance" mixes and some others. So if anyone knows of any other GOOD Trance songs, titles, and mixes then it would be much appreciated. (especially ones that are over an hour long that way I dont have to change songs as often between matches lolz) Thnx.

-advent-

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
Band: Streetlight Manifesto

Genre: 3rd Wave Ska

Recommended Songs: honestly, all of them...but:
point counterpoint
if and when we rise
here's to life
somewhere in the between
the blonde lead the blind

just a heads up, their music is a little heavier than you'd expect 3rd-wave ska to be but they're freakin' awesome and their songs have depth

gamer8

Smash Lord
Band: system of a down

Genre: Rock, Metal

Reccomended songs: Chop suey!, Forest, Sugar, Radio/Video, B.Y.O.B, Toxicity, Hypnotize, War?, Suite Pee, Streamline, P.L.U.C.K, Mr. Jack, Holy Mountains, Question!, Aerials, Lonely day

Notes: Awesome band, shame they split up.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Band: The Prodigy
Songs: Poison, Rat Poison

Notes: Poison is a single by The Prodigy, and it has an album version, and a single version.
Rat poison is kind of like a remix of poison. BTW, the Album version is the ~7 min. one.

My rating on the songs:

Poison(Album version) - 10/10
Poison(single version) - 10/10
Rat Poison - 11/10;)

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
Artist/Band - ZO2
Genre - Indie Rock
Reccomended Songs: Radio, Temptation, If You See Kay, Fly On Your Wings
Notes - ZO2 is an awesome indie rock band that somehow manages to combine the bluesy sound of Aerosmith and the modern hard rock sound of pre-Superunknown Soundgarden. I would recommend these guys to anyone who feels that rock music has started to, for lack of a better term, rot away. Trust me, I was thinking the same thing before I started listening to them.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Band: Three
Genre: Bordering on hard and progressive rock
Recommended Songs: All That Remains, Bedroom In Hell, Trust, Amaze Disgrace, Live Entertainment
Notes: 3 is a band that obviously drank the same water as the guys from Coheed and Cambria and the Mars Volta. Each band of those bands has their own quirks that makes them special, but this band's would have to be the moments that the lead singer contributes guitar licks in his flamenco style (Bramfatura, being the best example of that). Heavy imagery in their lyrics, were featured a few months ago on MTV's Headbangers Ball.

--

Band: Innerpartysystem
Genre: Electronic Rock
Recommended Songs: Don't Stop, The Lovers Dancing, Die Tonight Live Forever, This Empty Love, Heart On Fire
Notes: Equal parts (Pablo Honey era)Radiohead and Deftones that seems to beckon the spirits of The Killers and Sade at times. Definitely rock, but the amalgam with electronica gives it a strange new life that is really refreshing and fresh.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Band: Anberlin
Genre: Alternative Rock, Christian Rock
Reccomended Songs: Readyfuels, Day Late Friend, Dismantle Repair, Glass to the Arson, Godspeed, The Feel Good Drag, Paperthin Hymn
Notes: If you didn't know, you wouldn't be able to tell Anberlin was a Christian band. None of their stuff is obvious unless you know the meaning behind the words. They have also said that they don't really care who listens to their music either. So even if you aren't christian, give them a try.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ah, wow. Good to find this. I've got a few I'd like to share.

Band: Fair to Midland
Genre: Alternative Rock / Pop-Punk / Alternative Metal
Recommended Songs: "Walls of Jericho," "Tall Tales Taste Like Sour Grapes," "Vice / Versa," "Upgrade^Brigade."
Notes: These guys are kind of hard to categorize, because they implement a lot of different styles into their music, though it's centered around Alt Rock. They've got the normal rock band instruments, plus a keyboardist. On the off-chance that you're a fan of other lesser-known bands like Evans Blue or Framing Hanley, I highly recommend this band.

Band: Royal Bliss
Genre: Alternative Rock / Post-Grunge / Alternative Metal
Recommended Songs: "Devils and Angels," "Here They Come," "Save Me," "We Did Nothing Wrong"
Notes: A great band from Salt Lake City, Utah. I really can't figure out why no one has heard of them, because they're really good. If you're into modern rock bands like Nickelback and 3 Doors Down, check these guys out.

Both of the above bands are on MySpace, so go. Now.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Band: The Format
Genre: Indie Pop
Recommended Songs: "Sore Thumb", "The First Single", "The Compromise"
Notes: Arizona local group, their music crosses genres and maintains a distinct listenability and real musical quality without ever compromising for a corporate mainstream sound. Their first album is indie pop-rock at its best, and their second album channels numerous musical sources, sounding at times like Queen and at others like the best British punk groups of the 80's.

Final Keyblade

Smash Rookie
Band:Coheed and Cambria
Genre:Alternative
Recommended Songs:Welcome Home, The Crowing, The Suffering, A Favor House Atlantic, Delirium Trigger, The Running Free

Band:The Fall of Troy
Genre:Alternative
Recommened Songs:What Sound Does A Mastodon Make, Ex-Creations, F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X., Semi Fiction, Spartacus

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure you've heard of them.
Band: Franz Ferdinand
Genre: Alternative/pop
Recommended songs: Do you want to, Take me out, The fallen, This fire
Notes: they've had two albums so far. They sound pretty gay even though the band claims otherwise. Their musics are very danceable.

Apples

Smash Apprentice
Artist: Brand New
Genre: Depends which album you're talking about. Pop/punk. Indie. And a mix of both.
Description: I would say the band's strongest point is their lyrics. I've never heard lyrics so bitter and tasteful, IMO their lyrics are without a doubt among the best in modern music. Their instrumental section is not all that impressive, but I think these guys write very very well. Some of the guitar parts on the new album are a bit unconventional. Their drums aren't very technical either, but the guy has a subtle style that I can't get enough of.
Recommended Songs: "Sowing Season(Yeah)", "Luca", "Jesus Christ", "Sic Transit Gloria... When Glory Fades", "The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot", "The Shower Scene"

Artist: Rx Bandits
Genre: I can't classify them specifically. They have some rock influence, some ska.
Description: This band is pretty unique. I've never heard another band like them. They've got AWESOME guitar riffs, a nice horn section, they do some pretty keys and some funky keys. Their drummer is AMAZING. Their lyrics are pretty motivating. You really just have to hear them.
Recommended Songs: "Taking Chase as the Serpent Slithers", "In Her Drawer", "Decrescendo", "...And the Battle Begun", "Epoxi-Lips", "Mastering the List"

Artist:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Genre: Folk/Indie
Description: Not a whole lot going on here if you like complex music. In fact, there's nothing here for you if you're that guy. But their lyrics are soft and sweet. They've got some horns sometimes, and the rare occasional bagpipe.
Recommended Songs: "Two-Headed Boy", "The King of Carrot Flowers", "Oh Comely", "Naomi"

Artist: The Sound of Animals Fighting
Genre: Indie
Description: I mentioned the Rx Bandits above. Their singer/guitarist and drummer are both in this band. Also singer Anthony Green (Circa Survive, old Saosin, also has a solo project) takes the lead vox for the Sound of Animals Fighting. If you like complex music, you'll probably like them. They're very very ambient at times, and other times can just rock your face off with ridiculous guitar riffs in 9/4 time signature. The drums are attractive once again. Good luck not liking this band.
Recommended Songs: "I, the Swan", "The Heraldic Beak of the Manufacturer's Medallion", "Cellophane", "The Ocean and the Sun", "Act I: Chasing Suns"

saberhof

Smash Master
the sounds of animals fighting rules all the members rule too xD...

Craig owens- Chiodos/Cinematic sunrise ( Came in for the RX bandits singer for the new CD)
Anthony Green - Circa survive
Derek Doherty and Randy something - Finch
Marc Mcknight - Atreyu
Chris, Matt - Rx bandits

they rule! xD

and i recomend...

Band: Saosin
Genre: Saocore (fans will understand ;P)
Album : Translating the Name, Saosin....
Songs: ALL OF THEM :O!!!

they are by far the most incredible band i have ever herd really :O...they arent my favorite band, but lots of respect really....

Apples

Smash Apprentice
the sounds of animals fighting rules all the members rule too xD...

Craig owens- Chiodos/Cinematic sunrise ( Came in for the RX bandits singer for the new CD)
Anthony Green - Circa survive
Derek Doherty and Randy something - Finch
Marc Mcknight - Atreyu
Chris, Matt - Rx bandits

they rule! xD

and i recomend...

Band: Saosin
Genre: Saocore (fans will understand ;P)
Album : Translating the Name, Saosin....
Songs: ALL OF THEM :O!!!

they are by far the most incredible band i have ever herd really :O...they arent my favorite band, but lots of respect really....

I used to be Saocrazy. lol I fell out of love with them though. Back when I was into them, my whole school was into them, and like... standard greeting in the hallways was changed from "Yo, what's up" to "Saosin" accompanied with a large smile. hahaha

meatpopsicle

Smash Apprentice
Band Name: Sound Tribe Sector 9 (STS9)
Genre: Livetronica
Other Notes: Unless you're into going to music festivals, hearing live music, or just listening to jam music in general, you've probably never heard of Sound Tribe Sector 9. I mean, "livetronica" is such a niche category, it's really just a name for live bands with electronic elements in their sound. Hell, I'll just post wikipedia's STS9 description:

STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9) is an instrumental band who are known for their live performances. The band’s genre-blending sound is based heavily on instrumental rock and electronic music crossed with elements of funk, jazz, psychedelia, and hip hop. Self-described as "post-rock dance music". The band mixes standard live rock instrumentation with electronics, favoring group rhythm over individual solos.[1]

I just wanted to share this truly unique band with anyone who's interested. They have a dedicated following and their fan base is growing faster each day. If they are ever playing anywhere near you, I highly suggest going to one of their shows. They're pretty high energy, the music is out of this world, and it would be an experience you'd never forget. I'll post a link to some shows of theirs for whoever's interested. Not exactly the same as being there, but it's about as close as you can get. Oh also their album ARTIFACT (from 2005) is in my opinion one of the greatest studio album releases of the past 10 years.

Here are the links to two New Year's Eve shows from last year:

http://www.iclips.net/content.php?content_id=4367

http://www.iclips.net/content.php?content_id=4668

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Daft Punk: they're a french techno duo. Really amazing, they do crazy light shows when they play live.us probably the best gaming music ever

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Band Name: Agalloch
Genre: post-rock/metal
Other Notes:
An absolutely amazing metal band that I was introduced to not too long ago.
Here's the wikipedia description: (written much better than what I had just typed up)

Agalloch performs a progressive and avant-garde style of folk metal that encompasses an eclectic range of tendencies including neofolk, post-rock, black metal and doom metal.

Common themes in Agalloch's imagery and subject matter are natural beauty and allusions to ancestral Heathenry.

One of the non-traditional instruments Agalloch has been known to use is the skull of a deer. In the song "The Lodge" John Haughm strikes the deer skull in order to create an unusual clicking sound.

In a 1999 interview done by Dan Tobin with Jason William Walton and John Haughm, the band members have cited other influences including Katatonia, Ulver, The 3rd and the Mortal, Swans, and Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Album: I recommend the Mantle, my overall favorite.

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
There's no way to tell if this was mentioned yet, because of their simple name.

Band: Yes
Genre: Prog rock
About: Yes is an abstract prog rock band, I don't know more ways to describe them but they're one of my favorites.
Recommend: Close to the Edge, Relayer, Fragile, The Yes Album
Those are probably their most popular records

and I know these guys were mentioned a few pages back and a couple times before that, but they deserve another mention.

Band: Streetlight Manifesto
Genre: third wave ska
About: apparently they are even liked by people who don't like ska. They're like that one band in the genre that has something outsiders can enjoy. I don't know what else to say, but they probably have some of the best horns in ska/rock bands today. If you like upbeat and powerful horn lines, and meaningful lyrics, check them out.
Recommend: Everything Goes Numb, Somewhere in the Between
their second album is a remake album of Catch 22's Keasbey Nights. I recommend their version over Streetlight's

I am very surprised that no one (I think) has mentioned Tomas's other band...

Band: Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution
Genre(s): folk, ska, classical, punk
About: Even though they have released on one EP, all 5 songs are amazing. They fuse folk and ska elements greatly while also having some punk and classical.
Recommended: A Call to Arms (EP)
I don't know what else to say, but to at least check Bandits out.

Also, Mr. Bungle.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Artist: Joe Budden

Genre: Hip hop

About: Joe Budden is a rapper from New Jersey, who has been on the scene for a while, but has been greatly slept on. Ignoring the modern day rap infatuations such as money and media attention, Buddens raps about thought provoking materal , and manages to infuse lyrical potency with the ability to tell a story.

Recommend:
All of Me - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xEv8dpd5CYU
Three Sides to a Story - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X0R7I7LjZ2A
Dumb Out - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EI-mKyepyEs
Who Killed Hip Hop (Parts 1 & 2) - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=teQC0rKl884
Who Killed Hip Hop (Part 3) - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nOxhFgoxwtE&feature=related
Unforgiven - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dxLOZjx6z7A&feature=PlayList&p=34E5F013E37C68FC&playnext=1&index=8

Tamoo

Smash Master
ill just point out some of the songs that i particularly like, cos i hardly ever like all the work a band does, im kinda versatile in my music preferences but they all revolve around rock i guess.
Band: The offspring
song: The kids arent alright

Band: Queens of the Stone ages
Song: 3s and 7s

Band: From Autumn to Ashes
Song: Daylight Slavings

Band: Lost Prophets
Song: Burn Burn

Band: Yellowcard
Song: Fighting

Band: Bullet for my valentine
Song: Hearts burst into fire

Band: Sum 41
Song: With me

Peek~

Smash Lord
I'll just copy and paste from my blog.

Band: Cleaning Women
Genre: Funk / Avant-Garde

Cleaning Women is a three-member band from Finland. Cleaning Women uses home-made instruments, such as customized clotheshorses and pickle jars, to create danceable and groovy music.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm3W_lZPn0U&fmt=18

For albums start with Pulsator

--------------

Band:Junius
Genre: Post-Rock / Space Rock / Indie-Rock

Boston has long been known as a breeding ground for renowned political dissidents as well as mind-expanding sonic adventurists. Carrying in that tradition is Junius–a rainy, Brit-inflected supernova of gigantic guitars, entrancing lights, and erudite lyrics.

Influences include Failure, Hum, Sunny Day Real Estate, and The Cure

Blood is Bright EP is a good starting point.

--------------

Artist: Marumari
Genre: IDM / Ambient / Experimental

Marumari (aka Josh Presseisen) is part of an ever-expanding group of bedroom electronic musicians carrying the torch lit a decade ago by Aphex Twin and Autechre. Hailing from Providence, Rhode Island, Marumari has released a number of EPs and full-lengths on Vinyl Communications and Carpark Records filled with beautiful electronic lullabies with an unmistakable bounce and beat

Supermogadon is probably the easiest to get into.

--------------

Band
: Austin TV
Genre: Post-Rock / Indie-Rock

Austin TV is a mexican independent five piece band located in Mexico City, formed in 2001 they bet for the instrumental sound with influences like Mogwai, Yo La Tengo, and many of the second wave emo bands like Mineral or The Get Up Kids.

Also, their live shows are composed by theater-like costumes, adding a feeling of magic and amusement to their music, some of their costumes have been bunnies, astronauts, baseball players, clowns, hawaiian tourists, ice cream truck drivers and many more.

Album? Definitely Fontana Bella

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eL52lBVywI&fmt=18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom