• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I just found out that I work this day, SO SAD. I wanted to play against you guys again, so much fun last time. RAGE. Oh well... guess I'll just play a MMO or something.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
They found something in Brawl that's exciting?!?! KILL THEM NOW.
I know! This man gets me.

Its not that it was exciting, its just we were in a hurry and they were doing falcon FFA's, obnoxiously, on a TV that was supposed to be used for tournament matches... It ran to the last second, finals were being played as the others were being shut off and the power was going out in the store...

I just found out that I work this day, SO SAD. I wanted to play against you guys again, so much fun last time. RAGE. Oh well... guess I'll just play a MMO or something.
****. I really wanna play a good link =\. They are rare.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well damn zombie, that musta hurt.

I really only care about vs Diddy, I need a good secondary =\. Been looking at DeDeDe, as he fixes all of GaW's problem matches except MK.. =D

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
Well damn zombie, that musta hurt.

I really only care about vs Diddy, I need a good secondary =\. Been looking at DeDeDe, as he fixes all of GaW's problem matches except MK.. =D
I thought between Wario, MK, and G&W everyone was covered?

Edit: oh yeah MK is banned for the next tournament and you don't really play G&W anymore.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Lol well phloat now I'll actually enjoy overwhelming you with speed. I made by sheik better than ever :) and Sheik can't be infinted against Dedede. Haha

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I know! This man gets me.

Its not that it was exciting, its just we were in a hurry and they were doing falcon FFA's, obnoxiously, on a TV that was supposed to be used for tournament matches... It ran to the last second, finals were being played as the others were being shut off and the power was going out in the store...

****. I really wanna play a good link =\. They are rare.
In the defense of everyone that played those falcon matches we only started playing on that tv because we were passing the time while waiting for the tournament to get back on track, and of course to bask in the glory that is falcon. There were two instances were someone would come to have their matches and so we got off and let them play without complaining and then continued on when they were done so it wasn't our fault that the tournament got prolonged its because tournaments are just crazy. I'll admit that we were very loud and i do apologize for that but at anytime somebody could have told us to settle down or stop altogether. I don't think that it had to come down to KO coming over, pulling out all the controllers, and threatening to dq everyone. I don't hold any ill will about it I just think it could have been handled better.

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
In the defense of everyone that played those falcon matches we only started playing on that tv because we were passing the time while waiting for the tournament to get back on track, and of course to bask in the glory that is falcon. There were two instances were someone would come to have their matches and so we got off and let them play without complaining and then continued on when they were done so it wasn't our fault that the tournament got prolonged its because tournaments are just crazy. I'll admit that we were very loud and i do apologize for that but at anytime somebody could have told us to settle down or stop altogether. I don't think that it had to come down to KO coming over, pulling out all the controllers, and threatening to dq everyone. I don't hold any ill will about it I just think it could have been handled better.
Precisely, This X a million.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
If the wild Falcon stuff is too loud (yes, it was too loud) Then just like, wait until brackets are finished before doing said Falcon epicness. I dunno. I suppose more Falcon 4 ways is alright to do occasionally, but let's try not to be as loud as last time. :3

Milln

Smash Champion
Everyone will be wtf at Milln this month for two reasons:

1. I'll have a killer Shirt.
2. MYSTERY REASON OMG

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Sorry for being the fun messer-upper. But i was getting annoyed with the lack of space. When i walked in and saw like 14 new machines back there i about **** a brick. Either way this time there will be room for Friendlies. well that if YOU ALL BRING SET UPS! we will have room for this. With enough TVs i can run Melee and Brawl at the same time.

When you guys run a tourney you can unplug my controller from a falcon four way FFA. but you have to do it like you are pissed:mad:

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Everyone will be wtf at Milln this month for two reasons:

1. I'll have a killer Shirt.
2. MYSTERY REASON OMG
You got a new hat? :O

Sorry for being the fun messer-upper. But i was getting annoyed with the lack of space. When i walked in and saw like 14 new machines back there i about **** a brick. Either way this time there will be room for Friendlies. well that if YOU ALL BRING SET UPS! we will have room for this. With enough TVs i can run Melee and Brawl at the same time.

When you guys run a tourney you can unplug my controller from a falcon four way FFA. but you have to do it like you are pissed:mad:
Kay, I'll be sure to stalk you at some random tourney just to do that.

Though the odds of it are ridiculously slim, I'll see if I can bring a TV this time. I doubt it highly. In fact, I'm starting to doubt just being able to come now. I'm moving at the end of May, and from what I've been told, I'm moving on the weekend of the tourney. So I might have to miss this . :/

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I enjoy doing stupid stuff. But a match confined to stupid stuff kinda sounds boring to me. I think the fun of falcon is doing a string and going "****, there were like 400 things you could have done lol" or at the very least predicting their actions and punishing them.. But when both players are limited, it feels.. meh.

I mean, would love to take an entire stock off of someone with DACUS, but not if I had to =].

Ask ShadW, sometimes I'll just start f-tilting or something, until it is completely stale.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Find a way. This is the first tournament that I hope everyone that wants to come can come.

Not that I was against it, but it was more like "Brawling at the Sweaty Corner of Game Galaxy. NO DRINKS ALLOWED".

I want this to get big. Also, KO, you rock for hosting brawl even though you like Melee more. I mean that. I am probably gonna learn some basic melee stuff, maybe even become slightly competitive for the tournaments you hold. Nothing huge.

Since it is a side game, for me, are there any characters that don't really need a secondary? I am under the impression that Jiggs has started this phenomenon as of late. The advent of Mango was after I left melee, so I dunno the arguments and how her metagame has changed, but if the worst she has is 40-60 I might grab her. I also like punishing mistakes with a hard hit (GaW's smashes are what made me pick him up =]) so I think rest would be fun for me.

Also, can I CP random as a stage/character, so I don't get CPed?

Like, if I lose a game, and my opponent has characters that preform well on all my CPs.. am I allowed to say "Random, are you staying with X?" and not allow them to pick a good character for their stage?

Could you do that in melee o_0?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Find a way. This is the first tournament that I hope everyone that wants to come can come.

Not that I was against it, but it was more like "Brawling at the Sweaty Corner of Game Galaxy. NO DRINKS ALLOWED".

I want this to get big. Also, KO, you rock for hosting brawl even though you like Melee more. I mean that. I am probably gonna learn some basic melee stuff, maybe even become slightly competitive for the tournaments you hold. Nothing huge.

Since it is a side game, for me, are there any characters that don't really need a secondary? I am under the impression that Jiggs has started this phenomenon as of late. The advent of Mango was after I left melee, so I dunno the arguments and how her metagame has changed, but if the worst she has is 40-60 I might grab her. I also like punishing mistakes with a hard hit (GaW's smashes are what made me pick him up =]) so I think rest would be fun for me.

Also, can I CP random as a stage/character, so I don't get CPed?

Like, if I lose a game, and my opponent has characters that preform well on all my CPs.. am I allowed to say "Random, are you staying with X?" and not allow them to pick a good character for their stage?

Could you do that in melee o_0?
Fox/Marth/Sheik don't have any bad matchups really. Except that all experienced players know how to fight them. And I've never seen anyone try the CPing random trick in Melee, but I'd personally allow it.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
In melee, seeing how every recovery is actually gimpable, even if backed by a good player, I probably wouldn't want random =\.

And melee, IMO, requires a lot more specific character skill, where in brawl it is more about brawl skill.. Characters with options simply make the most out of brawl skill.

So, random, at least for me, is safer on both character and stage select in brawl. Possibly also because I suck balls at melee >_>

Hm. Which character is the most intuitive? I don't like slamming tech skill into people, I prefer to outspeed and space. Probably sheik?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Drephen is one of the least technical smashers ever, but he wins a lot of midwest events because Sheik can cover so many options, and he's good at guessing what option you'll take. Also she's really fast and spacing is really important for her, so sounds like a perfect fit I guess.

If you don't play melee competitively >_> don't say un-educated opinions prz...

This is what usually sets melee vets off.
...I'm missing something, is this like a warning to him or what? Because he hasn't said anything really wrong or "insulting" about melee.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Don't most pros agree that ledgehogging is super ch33p and should be banned, Chad?

Also, wavedashin is a gli...

Hold on, someone is at my door.

Oh shi...

ITS CHAD

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I think brawl requires more tech skill for competitive play than melee... I mean have you seen ISJR.

.......I don't have to say I'm just kidding when it's this obvious right?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I **** on peoples world in TF2, for reals. Anyone else play that game? I scrim, and do 6 v 6 pugs, some publics at cXg for funs, and 1 v 1 with noobcannonlol's ammomod.

Also, TF2 is a lot like Brawl/Melee in that being competitive rarely sacrifices fun. Being better is really fun in that game. For instance, a random player might get 2 kills by running up the stairs, and shooting rockets at peoples feet. I would kill one, then launch myself with a rocket, spam my "ALLLAAAAAAHHH" bind key, and beat him to death with a shovel.

Sorry to get sidetracked.. I love TF2 so much =3. I wanted to know if anyone else played it, I saw it on Milln's puter, but he said he hadn't played it in a while.

I'll look into this shiek thing =P

Top Bottom