• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
If I don't make this one I promise to smack myself. However it seems my plans for the day are free.

Also, some folks need to buy some Bad Company 2 for the 360. Me, Milln, Kain, and some of our buddies have been wrecking scrubs through the power of team work. Squad Awesome is unbeatable.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If I don't make this one I promise to smack myself. However it seems my plans for the day are free.

Also, some folks need to buy some Bad Company 2 for the 360. Me, Milln, Kain, and some of our buddies have been wrecking scrubs through the power of team work. Squad Awesome is unbeatable.
I won't unless xbox allows us to use a keyboard/mouse to play. Playing a FPS with a controller is a horrendous experience.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I won't unless xbox allows us to use a keyboard/mouse to play. Playing a FPS with a controller is a horrendous experience.
I agree with you there. Mouse/keyboard is definitely better. But I'm terrible with it. At first I was a bit hesitant about a controller, but I'm used to it.

Rayku

Smash Lord
You could play Brawl (just set the buttons to the right thing)

Melee, you'd have to mod it to an extent so that the L button would be within a reasonable distance

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
I'll stick to modernwarfare for now. as for the whole keyboard/mouse vs controller thing it really just takes getting used to. A lot of people who play 2D fighters like to say that the arcade stick is the better choice, but i prefer to use a controller or pad. It really is just personal preference and getting used to.

Milln

Smash Champion
I'll stick to modernwarfare for now. as for the whole keyboard/mouse vs controller thing it really just takes getting used to. A lot of people who play 2D fighters like to say that the arcade stick is the better choice, but i prefer to use a controller or pad. It really is just personal preference and getting used to.
This ^

I can play both, but it takes adapting and mindset changes. I'm still working on getting it down so I can make minor adjustments and line up shots quicker with a controller.

People will bring up sniping. People will be foolish and wrong when they do that. It's easy on both, it's just whichever one you're used to.

I used to suck balls at fighters on a stick. Could NEVER do the DP motion, always wanted a Dpad. Everyone knows I now use an arcade stick.

Point is: Don't argue control schemes or i'll bring up Astaroth(The player). You know. That one guy that came in for the BlazBlue tournament with the hands and won using only his knuckles on a 360 controller or something? He's beat me during my Soul Calibur 4 prime, too. Sit down.

As an aside: Does anyone have a working N64 and have/know where I can find a copy of Flying Dragon for it? It's probably the only fighting game I considered myself really <expletive> good at and I keep trying to carry over my mindset to other fighters and games, but I usually get disheartened beforehand. Just wanted to play it for old time's sake.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Point is: Don't argue control schemes or i'll bring up Astaroth(The player). You know. That one guy that came in for the BlazBlue tournament with the hands and won using only his knuckles on a 360 controller or something? He's beat me during my Soul Calibur 4 prime, too. Sit down.
That guy is an inspiration

Bloshi

Smash Ace
As an aside: Does anyone have a working N64 and have/know where I can find a copy of Flying Dragon for it? It's probably the only fighting game I considered myself really <expletive> good at and I keep trying to carry over my mindset to other fighters and games, but I usually get disheartened beforehand. Just wanted to play it for old time's sake.
OH **** ****ing flying dragon!? A wave of nostalgia is washing over me oh god its enveloping me aaaaaaagh..........

Guys do you want to battle Pokemon I got my Mewtwo to level 100!

But srsly I sucked balls at flying dragon, even though I had good times with it. Maybe it was that game that did in my desires to play traditional 2d fighters competitively.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Im gonna say one thing and one thing only.

If the PS3 that was in my room that WAS NOT Milln's does not turn up by the monthly then The monthly will not happen. Im not sure who did it or if anyone took it at all. But If it does not turn up there is gonna be hell to pay.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Dear lord would I give to enter a B+ tourney. I wish my job didn't conflict me every chance I get to compete. Fed Ex with flexible hours here I come.

Man hope you find that PS3 KO.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Thats pretty sad. Ko's too kind and generous for someone to take his property. This world is so sad... -__- ;

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
If I didn't read wrong on my PS3, I believe it's possible to trail the serial tag of a PS3 connected online. Though I may be wrong..

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
would that number be on the box that it was purchased from? cause if not that idea is totally useless. Though thanks for the idea.
Well each system has the serial number on itself and a serial copy of the serial number inside the box. I forget where exactly so it may prove pointless. Curse my uselessness. -___-

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry KO that this happened...although, I want to be optimistic and hope that it is just misplaced. None of the people from the last tourny look like someone willing to do that.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
It's always those that you would least expect to do it.

Not being pessimistic, I'm just saying. I do hope it turns up though. .-. Never thought anyone would steal from House of Smash, and that's really a damper on future events too.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I remember seeing it in his room when we first arrived there. I wasn't really paying attention to it otherwise.

Hopefully it'll turn up...

eisley

Smash Cadet
this really sucks but I think I remember it being in his room. Wasn't it by the foot of the bed near where VTS set his inflatable bed (not trying to say he took it or anything just using that as reference)? I think I faintly remember that KO was trying to make sure VTS didn't set his bed on top of his laptop and other stuff...would that other stuff happen to have been a ps3 in a carrying case? If not, I don't even remember seeing a PS3 outside of a case. I would think someone might have taken it on accident....we should try to contact all the people that attended the event. I am pretty sure that Lu Zeon and Rayku don't have it seeing as how we rode in the same car together. :(

BunBun

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Jack didn't take it, as he rode with me (not that he would otherwise ).

The next monthly that we have, we could have everything go to a ps3 fund for KO if it hasn't turned up.

BunBun

Smash Master
KO, check the box and stuff that came with it. Usually something will have the serial # on it.

If not, a longshot would be to call Sony and see if you can use your psn info to get the #

Top Bottom