• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Never forget...
There'll never be a bigger crash than rushing Game of Thrones because you got a Star Wars gig, running the show into the ground and killing most, if not all of the discussion around GoT in the process AND then losing the Star Wars gig.

That was Funny Who was that at the end?
The showrunners and writers for the series.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
there's no main one after Bugs
A case can be made for Daffy. He's second most prominent overall, was a duo act with Bugs for decades, and had that big push in the 2000's where most LT works around them revolved around him, including his own show.

That said, Taz also has his own show and was ridiculously popular during LT's 90's resurgence, so I wouldn't say he's an odd choice at all.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Daffy is definitely the second biggest Looney Tune. Then it'd be Porky, but after that, there's no order. But if you wanna go by appearances in the classic shorts:
LT characters by appearance.png

Marvin and Taz both have five each.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Daffy is definitely the second biggest Looney Tune. Then it'd be Porky, but after that, there's no order. But if you wanna go by appearances in the classic shorts:
View attachment 359995
is that counting the times wil.e appeared without the road runner? cause i don't the road runner ever did so i'm not sure they should be even

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing to keep in mind for this ongoing game is that besides marketing (and occasionally favorites like Velma), some characters initially get in over others for practical reasons (while Morty did get in before Rick, both were still announced together), so it's really a case-by-case basis.

Meanwhile, in NASB, the staff mainly lobbies for characters that are interesting/they or the fans like, since there's no guarantee that it'll have a long support cycle.

On a lighter semi-related note, Harley's spin-off got renewed for another season.

As cool as Gwen and Vilgax would be, I don't think they'd pass over Ben when he's the one with all the requests.
This.

And no, the what-if episode in which Gwen had the Omnitrix is not an excuse, either, before anyone brings that up.

is that counting the times wil.e appeared without the road runner? cause i don't the road runner ever did so i'm not sure they should be even
It's...hard to say, actually. Though it does help that when Road Runner doesn't appear with him, Bugs Bunny is there instead, I guess.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
View attachment 359995
That list is definitely inaccurate. The numbers are off for several characters, Wile E Coyote has been in more shorts than Road Runner, etc.

Daffy was the third most reoccurring back in the day, that much is true, but even after the original shorts ended, he was always second most prominent after Bugs. (Also Porky's appearances dwindled a lot over the course of the original run)

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Papagenos made his latest video talking about the recent things that happened in Multiversus including the post covering what's coming tomorrow.

Interesting enough he brought that the original leaker of Multiversus while talking about Walter White's Chances mentioned that Ben 10 is currently being worked on.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
View attachment 359995
Those numbers are from the classic shorts that are like 60 years old, at this point they don't really matter. Taz has become way more popular recently. Besides, number of apparences doesn't mean popularity. There's no way Bosko is more popular than Wile and Road runner.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Those numbers are from the classic shorts that are like 60 years old, at this point they don't really matter. Taz has become way more popular recently. Besides, number of apparences doesn't mean popularity. There's no way Bosko is more popular than Wile and Road runner.
Not to mention they’re wrong anyway

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In any case, while Porky is still a long shot for this game (in the foreseeable future), they still went to the trouble of giving him the iconic "That's All, Folks!" animation as a ring-out VFX, since he's heavily associated with it.

As for tomorrow's announcement, maybe it's the arcade mode?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
You're right to an extent, but since the classic shorts are the original material, I still think they have the most prominence.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It is also worth noting that number log appearances doesn’t affect their prominence. For example the character Michigan J Frog only appeared in about two shorts, one froggy evening and another froggy evening, but he used to be WBs mascot

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
In any case, while Porky is still a long shot for this game (in the foreseeable future), they still went to the trouble of giving him the iconic "That's All, Folks!" animation as a ring-out VFX, since he's heavily associated with it.
Yeah Porky is weird because he's objectively very popular but at this point he's mostly known for the "That's all folks" line and his personality change so much over time that I think that making a moveset with him would be pretty hard. Maybe they'll figure something out later in the game life but for now I think that Porky will be low priority in comparaison to other Looney Tunes characters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Meanwhile, in NASB, the staff mainly lobbies for characters that are interesting/they or the fans like, since there's no guarantee that it'll have a long support cycle.
To be more accurate. They go for characters based on the memes. Hence Nigel and Hugh getting in over their own children.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Regardless, for Looney Tunes, they seem to be picking characters based on moveset potential. Some of the characters don't have anything they're known for and would be able to fight with, but Taz has spinning and eating, and Marvin has alien technology.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Regardless, for Looney Tunes, they seem to be picking characters based on moveset potential. Some of the characters don't have anything they're known for and would be able to fight with, but Taz has spinning and eating, and Marvin has alien technology.
So Wile E. Coyote next?

Dude definitely has moveset potential out of the next following Looney Tunes.

D

Deleted member

Hugeleakeractualy apparently says Walter is probably not happening anytime soon (no real surprise there), possibly never. Doesn't mean he's definitely not happening, things can change and maybe the memes will win out. But it was always kind of a long shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be more accurate. They go for characters based on the memes. Hence Nigel and Hugh getting in over their own children.
Not the only reason. The other one is, other characters were picked solely so the roster is not predictable (i.e. Oblina, Powdered Toast Man, two of the TMNT characters not being the Turtles themselves). They even left out Clyde for the Loud House side.

Hey what about Michael Jordan? 🤔
I could see him as a variant of LeBron.

Hugeleakeractualy apparently says Walter is probably not happening anytime soon (no real surprise there), possibly never. Doesn't mean he's definitely not happening, things can change and maybe the memes will win out. But it was always kind of a long shot.
I'm fine with that, since I'm not particularly interested in him. Maybe the Goku fans will rise again, or will a completely different character be rallied behind?

Besides my obvious Martian pick that isn't Marvin, there is someone I can think of that's a closer shot. Quite literally, as a matter of fact.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
He also pointed out that Ben 10 is in development which lines up to Tony & his team focusing on putting some characters people want as the main focus.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Source on the hugeleakeractually claim?

Btw, Papagenos on a roll with the videos. Guess Multiversus provides more material for speculation than smash used to do, even if most of the characters we are getting have been guessed or leaked.

D

Deleted member

Source on the hugeleakeractually claim?

Btw, Papagenos on a roll with the videos. Guess Multiversus provides more material for speculation than smash used to do, even if most of the characters we are getting have been guessed or leaked.
Here

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
is gossamer really that out there? he seeems like a natural fit for this kind of game
I mean out there in terms of popularity and overall appearances/relevance, also aside from potentially being a bruiser or tank, I don’t think his moveset potential is as obvious as some of the others.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Granny would be interesting because she'd offer fitting representation for the Sylvester and Tweety cartoons without being a retread of Tom and Jerry's gimmick.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Speedy Gonzalez could also be pretty interesting but I remember that there was some controversy around him because of how he portrayed Mexican stereotypes (although they still used him in Space jam 2 while Pepe le pew was Cut from the movie so I guess they could add Speedy in the game).

And I just had an Idea about what they could do with Porky. Just make him an announcer voice pack even if he's not playable. Datamine spoiler
we know that Lady Raincorn and BMO Will be announcer even if they're not playable so Porky could be the same.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Speedy Gonzalez could also be pretty interesting but I remember that there was some controversy around him because of how he portrayed Mexican stereotypes (although they still used him in Space jam 2 while Pepe le pew was Cut from the movie so I guess they could add Speedy in the game).

And I just had an Idea about what they could do with Porky. Just make him an announcer voice pack even if he's not playable. Datamine spoiler
we know that Lady Raincorn and BMO Will be announcer even if they're not playable so Porky could be the same.
an announcer with a stammer?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If he does, I hope they can get Gabriel Iglesias to reprise him, he made a great Speedy but was underused in SJ2

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Speedy Gonzalez could also be pretty interesting but I remember that there was some controversy around him because of how he portrayed Mexican stereotypes
Turns out that was the studio making the decision on behalf of Mexican people, who WB thought they would be offended. Turns out in Mexico, they actually love Speedy (they see him as a superhero) and demanded he and his cartoons be unbanned.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The more I thought about it.

Wile E. Coyote and Starro the Conqueror are two other characters on my most wanted list.

Starro especially being another big character like The Iron Giant.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Granny would be interesting because she'd offer fitting representation for the Sylvester and Tweety cartoons without being a retread of Tom and Jerry's gimmick.
i'm not really into the idea of seeing an old lady get beaten up, let alone one who seems elderly....then again she might hit you right in the kissah for misjudging her.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
The more I thought about it.

Wile E. Coyote and Starro the Conqueror are two other characters on my most wanted list.

Starro especially being another big character like The Iron Giant.
I’ve never thought about adding Starro. Now I want this bad. Thanks for that.

Top Bottom