• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

That's a big yikes, WB Discovery is imploding and they might bleed some IPs

I guess for speculation purposes, maybe don't expect that many characters outside the WB umbrella.
Looks like Walter's chance of getting into the roster is slim

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, i want to ask are there any characters interactions to Morty basically character's talking to him such as
Harley
, i heard Iron Giant think Morty as Hoggarth.

Good to know, so Player First Games pretty much has free reign to put whatever in the game that's legally feasible.
Hopefully the banned HBO max CN Shows get the free ticket for this.
If there's one thing I've learned in my 30+ years of living, it's that cable channels who keep their initial name are harder to kill than cockroaches.
That's a weird way of interpreting the network, but okay
It's wild there is a chance this game eventually becomes official mugen
Hearing about that makes me think of this song(I heard this before in an old mugen video)

That's a big yikes, WB Discovery is imploding and they might bleed some IPs

I guess for speculation purposes, maybe don't expect that many characters outside the WB umbrella.
Well, i guess it'll take a while until they start using third party characters, that's what ya got WBD for purging out some movies and shows.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Enormous oof...

I mean, Caitlin's chances were already pretty bupkis, but this sure as heck doesn't help. I'm still gonna hold out hope because there's still chances things can change for the better.

I'm such an optimist XD

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
ivanlerma ivanlerma Meanwhile, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is gradually getting into various games as guests as of late. I mean, they've recently appeared in Knockout City, of all things, so things are likely to go into full swing when the 40th anniversary of that franchise hits in 2024 and Nick and Paramount start to notice Multiversus.

Someone here should try asking Tony on Twitter or the MVS Discord if third-party properties that aren't remotely related to WBD are still being considered on PFG's end for around a year or so later, after the game's launch. I figure that home-grown Warnermedia IPs (as well as the HB stable, among others) that weren't adaptations to start with are likely to be safe (and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory's license was already lost after the flop that was the Tom & Jerry version anyways). Although at this stage I'm unsure if the Wicked Witch of the West and Godzilla are going to be safe or not. Unlike with Rampage, there isn't a convenient substitute for the Witch in case she's cut like Big G.

However, the game is definitely such a success that it might be considered for Evo Japan next year. So capitalizing on its success as much as possible would be wise to do.

Edit: Yo, false alarm on the TP front, bros.

So yeah, I assume that for the most part around 2/3rds of the roster in general will be 100% owned WB stuff. The game's support cycle is still pretty young, after all, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one DC Comcs character per season for a while at the very least.

I'm alittle late to the Gandalf convo, but hear me out...

What if they use

The Math Magician from Dexter's Lab

as a reskin?
But how will we defeat him? No fighting at school!
That convo chain is great. It's kind of surprising I haven't seen anyone consider the Justice Friends, seeing as they're Marvel superhero parodies.

That being said, while live-action LOTR is clearly not an option now, I wonder if The War of the Rohirrim anime film that's planned for 2024 will have anyone to use as compensation.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

So yeah, I assume that for the most part around 2/3rds of the roster in general will be 100% owned WB stuff. The game's support cycle is still pretty young, after all, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one DC Comcs character per season for a while at the very least.
Oh thank god, I thought 3rd parties were dead for a sec. I guess it makes sense that 75% of the roster is WB owned, just like Smash.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
ivanlerma ivanlerma Meanwhile, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is gradually getting into various games as guests as of late. I mean, they've recently appeared in Knockout City, of all things, so things are likely to go into full swing when the 40th anniversary of that franchise hits in 2024 and Nick starts to notice Multiversus.

Someone here should try asking Tony on Twitter or the MVS Discord if third-party properties that aren't remotely related to WBD are still being considered on PFG's end for around a year or so later, after the game's launch. I figure that home-grown Warnermedia IPs (as well as the HB stable, among others) that weren't adaptations to start with are likely to be safe (and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory's license was already lost after the flop that was the Tom & Jerry version anyways). Although at this stage I'm unsure if the Wicked Witch of the West and Godzilla are going to be safe or not. Unlike with Rampage, there isn't a convenient substitute for the Witch in case she's cut like Big G.

However, the game is definitely such a success that it might be considered for Evo Japan next year. So capitalizing on its success as much as possible would be wise to do.

That convo chain is great. It's kind of surprising I haven't seen anyone consider the Justice Friends, seeing as they're Marvel superhero parodies.

That being said, while live-action LOTR is clearly not an option now, I wonder if The War of the Rohirrim anime film that's planned for 2024 will have anyone to use as compensation.
Thank Heavens for Third Parties, Though i was wondering if this would effect anime characters that Warner help distribute i don't want Mob Psycho 100 to be Unlikely.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's a bit of cute art from the Brazilian fanbase.

Wait seriously?! I didn’t know that
Yeah, the story goes that their use of the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory book's film license was expiring, so they hastily produced an adaptation of the 71 film that crossed over with Tom & Jerry, called Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Unfortunately, the film was such a carbon copy that Roald Dahl's estate was understandably not pleased and revoked the license even faster, then gave it to Netflix. All the more embarrassing since the film had a dedication to the late Gene Wilder. If all that wasn't bad enough, Hal Geer, the founder of WB Animation died the same year this came out.

The only consolation is that they had the approval to make a live-action prequel featuring Willy Wonka prior to this, as it's set to release next year.

Do we know if any content from the preview pass will return later on? I’d like a second chance at getting Cake since I had to miss a few days of playing.
Don't remember where, but it's been stated that those will come back into circulation at some point.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Don't remember where, but it's been stated that those will come back into circulation at some point.
Ah, that’s good. I’d like to own all the skins that are legitimately unique characters, even though they don’t change the gameplay. I already have Shagworthy, and I’ll be doing whatever I can to get ahold of Fern once he shows up.

Aside from this I’m definitely considering paying for First Fusion Garnet and Starchild Jake…

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Yeah, the story goes that their use of the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory book's film license was expiring, so they hastily produced an adaptation of the 71 film that crossed over with Tom & Jerry, called Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Unfortunately, the film was such a carbon copy that Roald Dahl's estate was understandably not pleased and revoked the license even faster, then gave it to Netflix. All the more embarrassing since the film had a dedication to the late Gene Wilder. If all that wasn't bad enough, Hal Geer, the founder of WB Animation died the same year this came out.

The only consolation is that they had the approval to make a live-action prequel featuring Willy Wonka prior to this, as it's set to release next year.

Guess I’m taking Wonka off my list then

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ah, that’s good. I’d like to own all the skins that are legitimately unique characters, even though they don’t change the gameplay. I already have Shagworthy, and I’ll be doing whatever I can to get ahold of Fern once he shows up.

Aside from this I’m definitely considering paying for First Fusion Garnet and Starchild Jake…
I beat the pre-battle pass weeks ago, so I'm covered. Right now besides the Season 1 Pass swag I'm focusing on getting the Summer items, out of those I just have the Beachcomber Taz skin so far.

Cool new MultiVersus trailer:

Wonder if this could be a tease towards Stripe/Gizmo.

I've seen some people saying that this tweet could also be a Gizmo tease:

Edit: Also, is the background of this tweet also a tease for a new stage?
This trailer is hilarious to me, since I consider this early period of the game to be similar to Smash 64/Melee.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'd actually really like if they do a Gremlins stage. There's not really any specific iconic locations, but I just really like the overall vibe of christmas themed towns and they could add a bunch of Gremlins in the background. Also the second movie theme would work very well as a fighting game music.

Gremlins-Saniose-Alternative-movie-poster.jpg

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Wow, Now That's Unfortunate to know what happened between Warner & Willy Wonka's Holders Tom & Jerry did more than just a bad crossover.
Cool new MultiVersus trailer:

Wonder if this could be a tease towards Stripe/Gizmo.

I've seen some people saying that this tweet could also be a Gizmo tease:

Edit: Also, is the background of this tweet also a tease for a new stage?
If there might be a new stage coming and it's behind finn, does that mean we're getting an Ice Kingdom Stage with Ice King in the backgroud?

And Yes The 90's Parody was really interesting, i almost thought Papagenos made it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Faso115 Faso115 If Multiversus is to be like an official Mugen, the closest equivalent I can think of to crazy characters like Omega Tom Hanks and Rare Akuma would be for us to get Eric Andre. Especially if he has a special attack based on his Bird Up! segments.

If there might be a new stage coming and it's behind finn, does that mean we're getting an Ice Kingdom Stage with Ice King in the backgroud?
If anything, Gunter would have to be the background character. Now that you mention it, Tony did retweet this fan-made render card of Ice King earlier.

Makes you think...?

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Do we know if any characters are gonna be battle pass rewards? If so, I wanna save up my remaining character tickets just in case. But if not… i might just unlock the rest of the cast now and then just grind for coins when a newcomer shows up.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Do we know if any characters are gonna be battle pass rewards? If so, I wanna save up my remaining character tickets just in case. But if not… i might just unlock the rest of the cast now and then just grind for coins when a newcomer shows up.
No one brought up that possibility, not even the staff. As far as I see, they probably wouldn't do it until/unless the development of characters becomes solidified and standardized enough, and even then they would need put one per battle pass at a low, reasonable enough tier for players to reach (like, say, Tier 10).

No matter what happens, if I get a Founder's Pack, I plan to just use character tickets for characters I have no personal attachment to and grind for the rest.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I really doubt we'll ever see characters in the battle pass, and I honestly don't want to see that either.

D

Deleted member

Could easily be, and most likely is, just a premium taunt. Or a skin (hit boxes would be an issue but they could make it work).

Chungus showing up in this game was inevitable though

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Oh Gosh No, Please be a taunt a character would be crazy but i don't know if people would still want it or if they wound up making Big Chungus work that it impresses people.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Could easily be, and most likely is, just a premium taunt. Or a skin (hit boxes would be an issue but they could make it work).

Chungus showing up in this game was inevitable though
I'm honestly leaning towards a taunt. Big Chungus is too big (hehe haha) to have the same hitboxes as Bugs Bunny.

Imagine getting beaten by a Bugs and he transforms into Chungus. S tier taunt right here.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Fine and dandy, but I still can't help but wonder if more new stuff for Season 1 will arrive next month.

Edit: In the meantime, here is fanart (never mind the Hulk).

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Made a list of locations I want to see as stages in the game:

1. The Cul-de-Sac (Ed Edd n Eddy)
2. The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz and various other Oz works)
3. The Island (Gilligan's Island)
4. Midway Arcade (would consist of various Midway Arcade games)
5. The Middle of Nowhere (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
6. World of Remnant (RWBY) (don't really know any locations from RWBY apart from Beacon Academy and I wanted to not go with the only place I know)
7. The Trolley Song (Meet Me in St. Louis)
8. The Spartan Pit (300)
9. Leonard and Sheldon's Apartment (The Big Bang Theory)
10. Caroussel (Logan's Run)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh goody, some spicy insider info!

That being said, the next update is currently set to have optimization options for PCs.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh goody, some spicy insider info!

That being said, the next update is currently set to have optimization options for PCs.

Yawn

Wake me up when you hear something Godzilla.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We get it already. 🙄

It's not what you necessarily want to hear about, but there does seem to be actual movement. We're still supposed to get Arcade Mode, Rick, Black Adam and Stripe/Gizmo within the next couple of months, and there's yet to be any official news on any of this.

Meanwhile, the authentic-looking fan art confusion is starting to crop up.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
We get it already. 🙄

It's not what you necessarily want to hear about, but there does seem to be actual movement. We're still supposed to get Arcade Mode, Rick, Black Adam and Stripe/Gizmo within the next couple of months, and there's yet to be any official news on any of this.

Meanwhile, the authentic-looking fan art confusion is starting to crop up.

voldemort and hagrad? what an odd pairing

Top Bottom