• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I figure it's okay to talk about this without spoilers now that the post-Morty datamine practically confirms all Lord of the Rings content as fully scrapped, but man...

...It can't be understated just how much content was lost because of it. Not only was Gandalf fully coded, having a full moveset and official art (only missing his voice lines), but Legolas was also planned (though thankfully not much progress was lost toward him since he had almost nothing). But even worse? Three entire stages needed to be cut. Considering how light the game is on stages, that's a massive chunk of content that's just gone now.

Here's hoping they can reskin and repurpose a lot of the content that was made, like how they reskinned Gandalf's eagle-based recovery to serve as Morty's up special.
I hope they're able to reskin the planned stages. Atleast we have the Hobbiton song on YouTube. I kinda wished we'd also get a render leak for Gandalf, but I guess that one's a lost cause.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So BA is regarded as a shill pick right? Is there anyone in the data mine who could get pushed forward for another shill like say another GOT characters for that thing Matt smith is in[/inlinespoiler]

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wile E. Coyote ain't exactly one of my most wanted but he's a definite must for a game like this. To not have him would be a crime.
Coyote could have a lot of traps in his moveset. But to stay true to the cartoon, the traps would be able to backfire on him.

Also, Coyote would have some of the fastest speed on the roster.
Yeah, we have yet to have characters who straight-up run around. Starting to want.

What I'm super-curious about is if they'll have him say nothing to the Road Runner, but talk to everyone else (player included) with that snooty British accent he rarely exhibited. It'd be hilarious.

Maybe Legolas could be reskinned into Green Arrow (at least loosely).

It's a shame for Gandalf because he looked very fun and his moveset was very unique so I don't think they could just stick it to anyone else. Here's his moveset according to datamine.

-Neutral Attack - Create a barrier that destroys incoming projectiles. Charge to extend barrier duration.
-Side Attack - Combo of staff and sword swings that knock enemies forward.
-Up Attack - Charge a powerful sword swing that knocks enemies upward.
-Down Attack - Charge and fire an energy Projectile across the ground. It hits enmies with an energy strike from above, the bolt, and a donwrd sword swing.
-Neutral Aerial - Create a Barrier that destroys incoming projectiles.
-Side Aerial - Fast sword swing that hits enemies forward.
-Up Aerial - Same as ground.
-Down Aerial - Spawn a bolt of energy that Spikes enemies.
-Neutral Special: Staff of Light - Gandalf Charges and fires a light beam Proectile. The beam hits multiple times, with the last hit being the strongest and the only one that knocks enemies back. Hits deal Light Debuff. Press up and down to aim the beam.
-Side Special: Invisible Grasp - A telekinetic Projecile. Charging extends its duration. Control movement by inputting a direction. Hitting enemies Stuns them. Enemies can Struggle. Repeatedly attack to deal damage and Light Debuff to the enemy. Press a direction to throw the enemy.
-Up Special: Friend of the Eagles - Summon a massive eagle that can be used as a platform. Has a Cooldown.
-Down Special: Power of the Istari - Create a blast Projectile that knocks enemies upward. Charge to increase its size. Damage and knockback increase by the amount of Light an enemy has, but their Light will be consumed. Has Cooldown. Aerial Special - Same as ground.
-Aerial Side Special: Fireworks Master - Detonate a firework Projectile behind Gandalf, propelling him forward and knocking enemies backward.
-Aerial Up Special - Same as ground.
-Aerial Down Special - Similar to ground. Launch towards the ground before creating the blast. The blast size can not be changed, but it is larger than the starting size of the ground version.
-Passive: The Light Grows - Light Debuff: Increases victim's knockback when knocked upward. Knockback increases with the more stacks of Light applies.

I remember there was music for Hobbiton and Mordor in the files. Not sure about the third one.
At least Mordor could be turned into a reasonable recreation of Apokolips, seeing as the Big Blue Boy Scout still has no stage and Darkseid isn't around as of yet.

And yeah, I'd be all for Green Arrow, he's one of the DC heroes I've been initially properly exposed to via the Justice League cartoon.

So BA is regarded as a shill pick right? Is there anyone in the data mine who could get pushed forward for another shill like say another GOT characters for that thing Matt smith is in[/inlinespoiler]
The best I can think of is Neo, to capitalize on the recent Matrix Resurrections.

Alongside Steven's Old Render from Future, I Wonder if it'll be used when it gets used as a costume?

I am aware of the datamine of it by the way
Probably. Good, I was wondering about that variant possibility, I was worried that it might have to skip out this game.

Last edited:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Help an old man lost on the internet. How do I find local players/tournaments? Back in the day I used Smashboards's local scene section but that doesn't seem to exists anymore. I want to go to locals but can find neither a teammate nor local events.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Man, what a real trooper. Didn't even wait for the next update to fix a few issues on Morty.

Faso115

Smash Lord

Man, what a real trooper. Didn't even wait for the next update to fix a few issues on Morty.

Imagine if a character remained broken for the remainder of the game? Surely that never happened. Never, never at all....

:4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey did WB sell King Kong or am I mistaken and they never owned him? I ask cause he’s getting a Disney + series

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
King Kong's rights are kinda...Complicated.

Here's an article explaining.

In other words this is likely an adaption to the novelization of the 1933 film whose copyright was never renewed and only aspect of the property that's public domain.
mom that is confusing. No wonder Disney can make an origin series if things are like that
no idea what it means for kong in this game

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
no idea what it means for kong in this game
Since Godzilla (Legendary incarnation most certainly given Warner Bros. distributions to the MonsterVerse) has been datamined to be in, most likely the Legendary incarnation of Kong we'd get.

Especially as part of his moveset he could use his axe which he got in Godzilla vs. Kong.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Help an old man lost on the internet. How do I find local players/tournaments? Back in the day I used Smashboards's local scene section but that doesn't seem to exists anymore. I want to go to locals but can find neither a teammate nor local events.
Try to check on Facebook if there's some groups or events about Multiversus near you. You can also try Discord. You can always try to organise it yourself if you know a good spot (for example if you have a good local scene for Smash bros try to see if people would be open to play Multiversus too at the same place).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sad for Gandalf. Felt like a sure addition for a long time that made him feel like a roster staple. I have hope he can still show up as a surprise addition later tho. Just now isn't his time.
Yeah, but on the bright side, he'll make for a good popular third-party demand in the meantime.

Just a pity we're still far off from third-party additions for the time being.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The fact that they're already starting to give Gandalf move to Morty makes me think that either there's no plan to deal with Embracer group, or they try but failed, because I don't think they will start reusing his moves if he was just planned for later. I could be wrong, but this feels like the end for Gandalf honestly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm fine with the lack of third-parties so far, TBH. I like the game to have a focus, and stay in that focus as much as it can.
Regardless, it's nice to know that Tony and crew will readily listen to both first and third-party suggestions.

Plus I do want to see how many deep cuts they can put into this before eventually starting to include third-parties at the same time (because of course WB would like guest appearances, it's in their blood). Juniper Lee? Doctor Fate? Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels?

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Isn’t Reindog technically already our first third-party character? I’m pretty sure Player First Games isn’t owned by WBD.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Isn’t Reindog technically already our first third-party character? I’m pretty sure Player First Games isn’t owned by WBD.
I'm pretty sure WB still own the Multiversus brand so any original character would technically be their own. Like in Smash bros, Master hand is an original character created by Hal laboratory but Nintendo own Smash bros and the hands.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
a cartoon network character from her own show "The Life and Times of Juniper Lee"
from what i know, it's about a teenage girl who fights monsters and she's got a grandma, a little brother, and a talking dog(voiced by Lazlo)
who’s lazlo?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The fact that they're already starting to give Gandalf move to Morty makes me think that either there's no plan to deal with Embracer group, or they try but failed, because I don't think they will start reusing his moves if he was just planned for later. I could be wrong, but this feels like the end for Gandalf honestly.
I think they're just waiting for the the situation between Warner/Embracer/Amazon/the Tolkien Estate to cool (there's a lot of debate as to who owns whom). I can't see Embracer being particularly difficult to negotiate with, at worst they would force PFG to add some of their other characters as well (which wouldn't be that bad, they own quite a few decently iconic gaming characters). There are plenty of characters who hve simmilar moves, I don't think Morty and Gandalf sharing an Up B is a dealbreaker

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
who’s lazlo?
From Camp Lazlo, Another Cartoon Network Show and one that is pretty underrated from what i've seen nobody rarely speaks about Camp Lazlo yet it was still got a lot of merch from McDonalds & was running on Boomerang for a while.

The show's about a Monkey(Voiced by Rocko from Rocko's Modern Life's Actor) who goes to camp with an elephant named Raz and...a crocodile?....named Clam, they get into fun hijinx and do stuff in camp, there are also other characters that appear such as a Platypus name Edward and a Moose who's the scoutmaster named Lumpus.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
From Camp Lazlo, Another Cartoon Network Show and one that is pretty underrated from what i've seen nobody rarely speaks about Camp Lazlo yet it was still got a lot of merch from McDonalds & was running on Boomerang for a while.

The show's about a Monkey(Voiced by Rocko from Rocko's Modern Life's Actor) who goes to camp with an elephant named Raz and...a crocodile?....named Clam, they get into fun hijinx and do stuff in camp, there are also other characters that appear such as a Platypus name Edward and a Moose who's the scoutmaster named Lumpus.
ok. Thanks

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure WB still own the Multiversus brand so any original character would technically be their own. Like in Smash bros, Master hand is an original character created by Hal laboratory but Nintendo own Smash bros and the hands.
Also, seeing as his backstory involved his home planet getting yeeted by The Nothing, he can technically be considered a distant new The Neverending Story character.

Speaking of Reindog, when do you think Andrew Frankel's vocalizations for him will be implemented? It's weird to have a dog character that only barks in post-match text boxes.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
However, the character select screen cites his home universe as “Player First Games” and not “Multiversus.” I feel like WB wouldn’t want to attribute Reindog to PFG on the CSS if they fully own him, but IDK.

Also, seeing as his backstory involved his home planet getting yeeted by The Nothing, he can technically be considered a distant new The Neverending Story character.

Speaking of Reindog, when do you think Andrew Frankel's vocalizations for him will be implemented? It's weird to have a dog character that only barks in post-match text boxes.
Isn’t the Nothing just the main antagonistic force of Multiversus, which, by this logic, would make every character be distantly part of the Neverending Story? Although, more accurately, I think this would be more to do with the idea that the Nothing could threaten many fictional works beyond the Neverending Story itself.

Also, I guess that, theoretically, based on this plotline, Multiversus isn’t Reindog’s first appearance and he previously had a full movie / show / videogame series, ect, but, since the Nothing destroyed his home universe, everyone IRL forgot about his past appearances and thus assumes that Multiversus is his first and only appearance in anything.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
??? He's an original character made for the game.

Camp Lazlo is also from the same creator as Rocko's Modern Life.
a cartoon network character from her own show "The Life and Times of Juniper Lee"
from what i know, it's about a teenage girl who fights monsters and she's got a grandma, a little brother, and a talking dog(voiced by Lazlo)
She's basically CN's answer to American Dragon: Jake Long.

Chinese-American teenage heroes whose job and duty is to keep balance between earth and the magical world. Both also has an annoying little sibling, grandparent that is their mentor and has a centuries-old talking dog.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Taz looove winning!

That aside, does anyone else think we'll get more stuff released for Season 1 next week/month? The last sentence of that post was worded somewhat oddly.

Edit: Also, another staffer's dream came true:

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Good news for Multiversus it seems
That's Great to Hear, Multiversus is going to be okay....but i want the same to be for Cartoon Network & The Rest.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Good news for Multiversus it seems
Haddad frames the free-to-play MultiVersus as proof of the division’s potential with long-lasting games that are run as services. With plans for a continuously expanding roster, it could be another crossover-filled Fortnite, though Haddad said the team’s “attention and focus” for roster growth will be on WB Discovery’s existing intellectual property.
Good to know, so Player First Games pretty much has free reign to put whatever in the game that's legally feasible.

It may take a while still before we get guests, but I'm sure the game's success will make the bigwigs more open to the idea over time.

Although this post makes me laugh in regards to going a wee bit far in the other direction:

one character i'd like to be playable is the ant hill mob from wacky racers and the perils of miss penolpe pitstop. the whole lot of them in their car as a fighter
That'd be hilarious, although I feel like the concept of a car fighter would need to be tested out with Speed Buggy first. That Mob has a lot of people to model and animate for.

That's Great to Hear, Multiversus is going to be okay....but i want the same to be for Cartoon Network & The Rest.
I can say that the Canadian broadcasting side of CN is a-okay. Adult Swim won't budge in the slightest, obviously. HBO's where the remodeling happens for the most part.

If there's one thing I've learned in my 30+ years of living, it's that cable channels who keep their initial name are harder to kill than cockroaches.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Good to see that some people are going after that ascot. Sure takes some serious dough to unlock.

It's wild there is a chance this game eventually becomes official mugen
For sure, although probably not as likely to see Homer Simpson.

Faso115

Smash Lord

That's a big yikes, WB Discovery is imploding and they might bleed some IPs

I guess for speculation purposes, maybe don't expect that many characters outside the WB umbrella.

Top Bottom