• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, since i've noticed some people talk about characters they want would you guys want some LEGO Dimensions characters get transferred over to the game? or just wish to see one of the series in there get something.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Do you guys think it'll come to switch tho
Yes, once all the kinks are worked out before they put it on that and mobile phones.

So, since i've noticed some people talk about characters they want would you guys want some LEGO Dimensions characters get transferred over to the game? or just wish to see one of the series in there get something.
If Emmett from the Lego Movie gets in, I think it'd be cool for the Gamer Kid to be added as a skin.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
With Caitlin's loss animation I can't decide if I'd like it better if she bawled or genuinely applauded her opponent.

Bawling is more iconic to her character and would be funny (and adorable), but she's so kind and friendly that it'd be very in-character for her to applaud even someone as imposing as Batman or screechy as Taz when they defeat her in battle (and it'd also be adorable)

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I still have character token from the founder pack.

Also, I'm surprised that they still haven't do a trailer for him like they did for Lebron James. I was very curious to see how he play.
Same, I got 4 tokens left. I also got around 23k gold at the moment so I'll be able to buy around 11 future characters.

Also I'm really hoping we're getting a Morty trailer today or tomorrow.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Same, I got 4 tokens left. I also got around 23k gold at the moment so I'll be able to buy around 11 future characters.

Also I'm really hoping we're getting a Morty trailer today or tomorrow.
Odds are the trailer would just be a gameplay montage, but even then it ought to finally clarify just how much of a complex character Morty is supposed to be.

It amuses me to no end how the Premium Edition has 30 tickets, as it implies that the game was already set to have at least 30 characters before fan demand starts to influence things.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Odds are the trailer would just be a gameplay montage, but even then it ought to finally clarify just how much of a complex character Morty is supposed to be.

It amuses me to no end how the Premium Edition has 30 tickets, as it implies that the game was already set to have at least 30 characters before fan demand starts to influence things.
I mean, I don't think it's that surprising. The base roster was 17 characters and season 1 will add 4 characters and will last 3 months. Assuming that every season are similar it would need only 1 year of support to hit 30 characters. I'm pretty sure that they already have at least the first year planned so this mean that they knew that the game would have around 30 characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, I don't think it's that surprising. The base roster was 17 characters and season 1 will add 4 characters and will last 3 months. Assuming that every season are similar it would need only 1 year of support to hit 30 characters. I'm pretty sure that they already have at least the first year planned so this mean that they knew that the game would have around 30 characters.
They are playing the long game for this, yeah.

What I'm curious about is the replacements/substitutes they'll have for characters whose plans seemingly fell through, like Gandalf and Harry Potter.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A space jam Stage yes

there was apparently some stuff for a stage based on the road runner's Canyon but I haven't found much evidence for that
Incidentally, I was thinking recently...

A ringout VFX of Wile E. Coyote falling off a cliff would be hilarious to have. Also, he probably wouldn't need to be in a tag-team setup with the Road Runner, as each of them have stuff to fight on their own merits.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just weaponize Courage's best known trait

That's not even his most impressive feat.

This is.

I hope at least ONE of Courage's screams sounds like this
I have to say, given that, it would be hysterical to have him team up with Black Canary in this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

20 million even before Morty's added
Yeah, at this point I had a feeling this game would be going places. Not even the Season 1 delay deterred this momentum.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Papagenos recently made a speculation video talking about Marvin the Martian, Some Rules about Godzilla in Call of Duty: Warzone & What this could mean for Multiversus, The "Thing" That Happened with the Cartoon Network Shows, and Gamescom.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll just leave this here...

Besides, as big as a brand WB is in general, there's very little that would annoy people in regards to specific characters from specific properties anyways.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It'd be an awful fundamental system change and/or a major content drought that causes a mass exodus of players beyond people naturally falling off after having their fill of the game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Remember, posting smilies/emojis to show one's comical intent always saves grace (it feels like barely anyone ever uses them here). :4pacman:

Anyway, after playing some more I noticed that Shaggy has a couple of lines referencing Scooby-Doo (including his usual catchphrase of "Scooby-Doo, where are you?"). Between that, the haunted mansion stage name, and the Scooby tag profile icon, there sure is an unusually large amount of references for a character that currently isn't in the game. I'd be surprised if he doesn't show up next year at least.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
It's Mortyn Time

Edit: New Scooby-Doo movie got announced.

Some nice costume ideas are in here for MultiVersus.

Also, at 1:17, what's in everyone's mind right now after seeing Shaggy and Velma being playable before Scooby.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Scooby clearly wasn't ready to be implemented yet. Memes aside, Shaggy was always meant to be a designated character with a fairly simple moveset to use for beginners, so I figure that a more foodie-based moveset would be trickier to program and balance like Velma's mystery-solving moveset.

It's Mortyn Time

Edit: New Scooby-Doo movie got announced.

Some nice costume ideas are in here for MultiVersus.

Also, at 1:17, what's in everyone's mind right now after seeing Shaggy and Velma being playable before Scooby.
Gotta love the creative crouch animations for this game (if this is what it is for him).

Incidentally, I was wondering if the yearly Scooby direct-to-video film was going to be announced.

Wonder if the staff would have enough time to cook up a few reproductions of those after the Summer-themed skin deal ends (especially the diver suit and copycat ghost for Velma). If the rest of the Mystery Inc. gang get in, they wouldn't have some until next year at least.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Zelda should have been in Smash before Link, it's her name in the title after all smh my head

Scooby clearly wasn't ready to be implemented yet. Memes aside, Shaggy was always meant to be a designated character with a fairly simple moveset to use for beginners, so I figure that a more foodie-based moveset would be trickier to program and balance like Velma's mystery-solving moveset.
That and four legged characters are typically harder to make than bipedal characters in general.
See how Reindog is the only quadruped in Multiversus so far and how Smash has maybe 2 quadrupeds plus a few characters that can go on all fours sometimes in a roster out of nearly 90 and how Motaro magically lost his hindlegs when he was made playable in MK Armageddon

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That and four legged characters are typically harder to make than bipedal characters in general.
See how Reindog is the only quadruped in Multiversus so far and how Smash has maybe 2 quadrupeds plus a few characters that can go on all fours sometimes in a roster out of nearly 90 and how Motaro magically lost his hindlegs when he was made playable in MK Armageddon
You realize gaming technology and animation is a lot easier now to do then back in 2006 you know right?

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Scooby should've been the first one to be revealed before Shaggy and Velma.

They only revealed Shaggy first in response to the Ultra Instinct memes.
Even without considering the meme Shaggy was always the most popular character of the gang with Scooby-Doo and arguably more popular than Scooby-Doo himself. Personally I think having Shaggy and Velma make sense. Shaggy is very popular, and Velma is here so they can have a more regular Scooby-Doo character moveset that focus on investigation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You realize gaming technology and animation is a lot easier now to do then back in 2006 you know right?
Technology yes. Fundamental animation principles, not as much. A lot of animators consider quadrupedal walk and run cycles to be one of the hardest things to animate, because it's SUPER easy to get wrong, and if it's even slightly off, people will notice it, due to how commonplace animals like dogs and cats are in most people's lives.

With games having higher and higher graphical fidelity as time goes on, I'd argue it would be significantly harder to get it right today than in 2006. Or at the very least, more time consuming.

Top Bottom