• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
https://twitter.com/doki4mv?lang=fr
You know, I wouldn't mind seeing this Discovery Kids mascot as playable.
I wouldn’t mind that after we get a bigger roster we already have a new mascot type character

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Then he needs to try harder, because this current attempt really isn't working. It blends right in with every other time he whines about Godzilla!
It would work a lot better if smilies/emoticons/emojis/whathaveyou were used. They're on this site for a reason. 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn’t mind that after we get a bigger roster we already have a new mascot type character
At any rate, it's likely that many established WB-owned characters (let alone third-party mascots on top of that) will be included before that point anyway.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
This might be worrysome for Godzilla, But this isn't related to Toho

This might seriously show what all the companies are feeling about WBD right now.

Edit at 8/29/22 at 8:04 PM: also keep in mind that this might not effect Godzilla in anyway.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In regards to the fan art from earlier, on iously I've mentioned Ben is my most wanted but if we get a second Harry rep I'm now 100% on the Hagrid train. A big bruiser with magical creatures in his moveset would be rad as hell actually.

...of course they'd probably pick Newt instead for a magical creatures wielder but I'ma be honest he's a pretty bland character imo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This might be worrysome for Godzilla, But this isn't related to Toho

This might seriously show what all the companies are feeling about WBD right now.

Edit at 8/29/22 at 8:04 PM: also keep in mind that this might not effect Godzilla in anyway.
Boy, I truly do wonder what ShinGojira would have had to say about this. Lol. :laugh:

Oh well, even if Godzilla and supposedly Kong does get scrapped as a result of this. The monsters from Rampage are always replacements in my book, Lizzie especially.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Tony said on twitter that he knows Ben 10 is highly requested, but he need to figure out a moveset that won't take too many ressources (probably because of all the transformation Ben 10 would need a lot of models and animations). I do agree that Ben 10 is pretty much "when" more than a "if", but with that statement it feels that he might come a bit later, maybe in the game second year or so.

7cmeqvkvgbu81.jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I were Tony I'd probably just go with Ben's most recognizable forms (Four Arms, XLRB, Grey Matter, Diamondhead, etc.)

Five at most perhaps.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that we're most likely getting original series Ben. Not only is this the most iconic form of him, but his original kid self's VA Tara Strong is already involved with the game, with her voicing Harley Quinn. It would be much easier for them to get Tara Strong to voice Ben than to bring in Yuri Lowenthal.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
One way to implement Ben is to give him a transformation down special, with a few of his aliens having full movesets. The questions then becomes which aliens, and how this would work under the class system.

An easier way is what Kuro suggested, and have Ben turn into aliens for single attacks before turning back. But I'd prefer the above way, if possible.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Or they could just pass over Ben in favor of a supporting character like what NASB did for a few franchises.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Or they could just pass over Ben in favor of a supporting character like what NASB did for a few franchises.
Clearly Multiversus doesn't go by the same rules as NASB does.

The exceptional case was with Shaggy over Scooby.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Clearly Multiversus doesn't go by the same rules as NASB does.

The exceptional case was with Shaggy over Scooby.
They also went with Arya Stark over Jon Snow, Taz over many more prominent Looney Tunes characters, and Morty was added before Rick. If development problems are an issue they can easily pass over Ben and add someone like Gwen or Vilgax instead.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
They also went with Arya Stark over Jon Snow, Taz over many more prominent Looney Tunes characters, and Morty was added before Rick. If development problems are an issue they can easily pass over Ben and add someone like Gwen or Vilgax instead.
Passing over Ben would be stupid, Taz made sense because we already have Bugs and Taz is very popular and for Morty we know Rick is coming very soon. Jon Snow is not Game of thrones main character. Ben 10 is just way more popular than Gwen.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Passing over Ben would be stupid, Taz made sense because we already have Bugs and Taz is very popular and for Morty we know Rick is coming very soon. Jon Snow is not Game of thrones main character. Ben 10 is just way more popular than Gwen.
Although it would be understandable because Ben's moveset might be too complex for the devs to handle.

Baysha

Smash Ace
One way to implement Ben is to give him a transformation down special, with a few of his aliens having full movesets. The questions then becomes which aliens, and how this would work under the class system.

An easier way is what Kuro suggested, and have Ben turn into aliens for single attacks before turning back. But I'd prefer the above way, if possible.
I feel like that might be the "destroying dev resources" he was talking about. That'd basically be making at least around 3 characters for the slot of one.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I feel like that might be the "destroying dev resources" he was talking about. That'd basically be making at least around 3 characters for the slot of one.
And that was ultimately the reason why Pyra and Mythra joined the roster of Smash Ultimate to represent XC2 instead of Rex.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
And that was ultimately the reason why Pyra and Mythra joined the roster of Smash Ultimate to represent XC2 instead of Rex.
No it was sakurai likes them more. Multiple versions of them appearing on stage at once in 8 player couldn’t work so them appearing together was ruled out. Then in his article he explained that he considered each of them separately and various combinations of them together before settling on what we got. Ergo it was his choice

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
No it was sakurai likes them more. Multiple versions of them appearing on stage at once in 8 player couldn’t work so them appearing together was ruled out. Then in his article he explained that he considered each of them separately and various combinations of them together before settling on what we got. Ergo it was his choice
Actually, Sakurai explained that Hardware Limitations caused Aegis to happen over Rex. Their designs were too complex to emulate Xenoblade 2 (thank god), so they decided to instead just reel in on the Transformations and have Rex just teleport whenever he's needed.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Actually, Sakurai explained that Hardware Limitations caused Aegis to happen over Rex. Their designs were too complex to emulate Xenoblade 2 (thank god), so they decided to instead just reel in on the Transformations and have Rex just teleport whenever he's needed.
yeah i said that. and then in his article he explained that he had considered rex as a solo character afterwards and then decided on those. ergo it was entirely his choice

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Why does every roster choice have to be compared with Smash and Sakurai? If they want Ben 10 they'll just wait to have more ressources, and we know that the team is hiring and with the game being free to play it's going go make a lot of money in the long run. The way Sakurai represented Xenoblade has nothing to do with this game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Why does every roster choice have to be compared with Smash and Sakurai? If they want Ben 10 they'll just wait to have more ressources, and we know that the team is hiring and with the game being free to play it's going go make a lot of money in the long run. The way Sakurai represented Xenoblade has nothing to do with this game.
Because smash is the most famous and successful platform fighter and for the longest time the only one. It’ll take us a while to stop doing it

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Because smash is the most famous and successful platform fighter and for the longest time the only one. It’ll take us a while to stop doing it
Pretty much. Also, the initial ones that did come after it rarely even reached the same level of quality, never mind surpass it, and tended to be niche even then.

At least we have very open spokespeople who aren't separated by the language barrier, too.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
As cool as Gwen and Vilgax would be, I don't think they'd pass over Ben when he's the one with all the requests.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As CapitaineCrash said.

Jon Snow isn't the main character of Game of Thrones. Taz is a prominent Looney Tune characters, there's no main one after Bugs. Reason Morty came first before Rick was due to Gandalf being scrapped thus replaced his spot and it doesn't matter anyway since Rick is coming soon enough that it wouldn't make a difference.

Thus Shaggy still remains the exceptional rule.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
All I'm getting from this is y'all haven't read or watched Game of Thrones though I can't blame anyone for the latter after that final season :upsidedown:

Top Bottom