• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So regarding Legendary leaving Warner Bros. as a result of the whole fiasco happening.

How exactly does this affect Godzilla's chances of being scrapped from the game?

I'll be bummed out if it does happen but know nothing can be done, even then the Rampage monsters could fill up the void for me.
Speedy Gonzalez could also be pretty interesting but I remember that there was some controversy around him because of how he portrayed Mexican stereotypes (although they still used him in Space jam 2 while Pepe le pew was Cut from the movie so I guess they could add Speedy in the game).
The reason for that is because unlike Pepe. There was a backlash from Mexican fans (He's apparently popular there) who heavily supported him which eventually overcame that controversy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Story Mode will be season 2 if anything. Arcade Mode is the new mode this season

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I wonder if Gizmo and Stripe will be our first transformation character. Also, since I know little about their franchise, I wonder why the decision was to put them together instead of making them separate.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I wonder if Gizmo and Stripe will be our first transformation character. Also, since I know little about their franchise, I wonder why the decision was to put them together instead of making them separate.
Most likely to showcase the rule of taking care of your mogwai and what makes a gremlin.

D

Deleted member

If they can keep this bi weekly thing up then we could be looking at a nice sizable roster by the end of the year

Also I personally think the Gizmo and Spike being one character thing might have been a mispeak on Tony's part

We'll have to wait and see

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well that settles that.
Well, we got ourselves a Powdered Toast Man and Ren & Stimpy situation. Still was weird mentioning them in one breath during the Level 857 interview though.

But hey, this means even more skin possibilities!

Also, there's only one thing missing to have the full Gremlins fighting experience now:

1662066116314.jpeg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, they’re adding two new fighters on Tuesday?
I think we can assume it's just the one until proof of the contrary. The last time they tried a coordinated release, Morty and the Season 1 launch still needed more time in the oven. At least the character who gets top billing is coming first, this time.

If they can keep this bi weekly thing up then we could be looking at a nice sizable roster by the end of the year
Yeah, I think that the current over-two-months duration of Season 1 is at least partially done so that they can solidify the character development process while working out the more major aspects. Season 2 onwards may be when things start becoming smoother in that area.

In the meantime, 5 just for Season 1 alone? That's mighty impressive in itself.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Back on the subject of Looney Tunes, I think it's safe to assume that we may get at least a few characters from its Tiny Toons universe at some point, seeing as they would likely capitalize on the forthcoming Looniversity series' relevancy.

We are just getting Gizmo this tuesday, Stripe at a later date.
What I'm looking forward to right now is what his render and 3D model might be like. His endearing qualities seem easy enough to translate into those styles.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Back on the subject of Looney Tunes, I think it's safe to assume that we may get at least a few characters from its Tiny Toons universe at some point, seeing as they would likely capitalize on the forthcoming Looniversity series' relevancy.
They should totally add Particle Man as the rep

Plucky Duck? Never heard of 'em.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Since Buster and Babs would just be a retread of Bugs, they should add Shirley the Loon.

She would use psychic powers, like telekinesis and summoning her aura. They'd probably use her new design from Looniversity, with her old design as an alt.
new Shirley.png

UserKev

Smash Champion
If not Buster Bunny, give me Calamity or Beeper.

1662138678484.png

Calamity could play like Jeff from Earthbound with various gadgets. Beeper could play like Sonic with speed attacks.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Personally, I would think that Buster and Babs would be a tag team.

Failing that, I'd like to see Fifi.

Mainly since she's a good deal less controversial to use than her mentor. Having a character with a Wario-esque gas attack meter buildup to clear out attacking crowds would be neat.

Also, I wouldn't mind if they threw caution against the wind and threw in Elmyra, with a moveset based around chasing and hugging opponents into submission. Even Superman. Even The Iron Giant.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My updated wanted list for Multiversus.

Atrocitus
Courage
King Kong
King Shark
Godzilla
Lobo
Mordecai
Rampage monsters (George, Lizzie and Ralph)
Rigby
Scorpion (It'd be Reptile but realistically Scorpion would be definitely first)
Spear & Fang
Starro the Conqueror

Pipe Dream: Gamera

Edit: Added Lobo to my list.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Oh no!

Anyway, i wonder what's his role gonna be. I'm between support or assassin, but the latter feels perfect for Stripe.

PLEASE don't make him a bruiser, it's already ridiculous with Morty being more mage than bruiser

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Gizmo is delayed because you can't play as him after midnight.

Seriously tho, 2 days isn't really a bad delay but it's a bit weird that the last 2 characters had been delayed. Hopefully the team can better comunicates release dates and schedule later on.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Cripes, just hours after I had told my gamer workmate he'd be here on Tuesday.

On the bright side, we got to see his 3D model.

Gizmo is delayed because you can't play as him after midnight.

Seriously tho, 2 days isn't really a bad delay but it's a bit weird that the last 2 characters had been delayed. Hopefully the team can better comunicates release dates and schedule later on.
Calling it now, Season 1 will from now on also be known as "The One Where The Staff Tries To Figure Out How This Works".

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Gizmo pushed back a couple of days
He looks kinda adorable with that face and the noise he makes sounds similar to a wind blowing through the windows of my sister's bedroom.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meanwhile, Rick might be coming before October.

Top Bottom