• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

D

Deleted member

Rick and Stripe are probably next. There's a chance we could see Marvin too since he was apparently playtested. Adam after that prolly

The theories about Witch and Beetlejucie around Halloween time do make sense. Depends if they keep the bi weekly thing ip and how many characters we get in s1

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Edit: I'll just leave this here.

Rick and Stripe are probably next. There's a chance we could see Marvin too since he was apparently playtested. Adam after that prolly

The theories about Witch and Beetlejucie around Halloween time do make sense. Depends if they keep the bi weekly thing ip and how many characters we get in s1
At the latest, I could see the latter two get in during November, since belated Halloween celebrations are a thing.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Some New Stuff from AisulMV on Twitter.
  • Gandalf's Perks were found in some older datamines as well as a few voicelines for him
    [*]Some Moves from Him have names such as one called "Shall Not Pass"
    [*]Godzilla's Size was apparently less then Iron Giant and Superman's(Wonder How Toho reacted to that)
    [*]Gizmo has one costume on release(and he's 2000 to buy, hopefully i'll get him before i unlock Tom & Jerry).

Also, i've been meaning to ask but what are the origin of Morty's voicelines? i know one but not the episode & i am assuming the planetina rings were he shouts "DIRT!" and "FIRE!" are from the exact episode.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I started looking at random live action WB shows and movies, to find potential deep cuts for the roster. Torchy Blane, Veronica Mars, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Don't Worry Darling, Gilmore Girls, etc. And I found.....a bunch of characters who will never be in the game.

But, it'd be really interesting if PFG adapted a few of these characters at some point.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I started looking at random live action WB shows and movies, to find potential deep cuts for the roster. Torchy Blane, Veronica Mars, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Don't Worry Darling, Gilmore Girls, etc. And I found.....a bunch of characters who will never be in the game.

But, it'd be really interesting if PFG adapted a few of these characters at some point.
TV Tropes's WMG page does you one better. Ever heard of, say, Cleopatra Jones?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/MultiVersus

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So I just realised something really sad. Morty actually doesn't speak in other langage than in English. I was playing the game in French and I realised that he said nothing at all, so I googled it and apparently it's the same case for other langage (German, Italian etc.). This and the fact that in English he has recycled lines instead of new lines makes me think that this characters was maybe a bit rushed. Hopefully this is patched later.

D

Deleted member

Papagenos was theorising that Rick is being held beck so that they can get Justin Roiland in to do voices. Probably not the case tbh but.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Papagenos was theorising that Rick is being held beck so that they can get Justin Roiland in to do voices. Probably not the case tbh but.
To be fair, he's not alone in thinking this. Several fans assume that Morty will get actual new line recordings later on.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Primal would be a dope series to represent, but i believe we aren't getting anything from that till late 2023 at the earliest

I also would want Fang and Spear to be separate fighters. Fang by herself would be really cool, there is only one other fighting game AFAIK that had a T-Rex as a fighter.

D

Deleted member

Primal is up there with Smiling Friends on the "will probably get in at some point, just too new right now " List. Pibby is another one, assuming that gets picked up

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Primal would be a dope series to represent, but i believe we aren't getting anything from that till late 2023 at the earliest

I also would want Fang and Spear to be separate fighters. Fang by herself would be really cool, there is only one other fighting game AFAIK that had a T-Rex as a fighter.
Yay! Another supporter!

Personally I would like it to be a Phoenix Wright situation. You play as Spear but Fang is implemented into some of his moves like Maya Fey.

Either that or just playing as them both. Spear riding Fang the whole time. Some attacks with Spear, some with Fang.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

For what it's worth, Tony is an avid watcher of the series, so it's definitely a case of "later rather than sooner".

In any case I'm fine with it, there's still plenty of properties to mine in the meantime, let alone those that are just scratching the surface for the launch roster.

Primal Rage, right?

Either that or just playing as them both. Spear riding Fang the whole time. Some attacks with Spear, some with Fang.
Now that's a cool idea, someone ought to suggest that.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For what it's worth, Tony is an avid watcher of the series, so it's definitely a case of "later rather than sooner".

In any case I'm fine with it, there's still plenty of properties to mine in the meantime, let alone those that are just scratching the surface for the launch roster.
Being Spear and Fang are some of my most wants. This puts a smile on my face that they could get in eventually.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The biggest Multiversus account on Twitter gave Smashboards a shout-out!
Not this thread, but it's still a pleasant surprise.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The biggest Multiversus account on Twitter gave Smashboards a shout-out!
Not this thread, but it's still a pleasant surprise.
the biggest multiversus account on twitter isn't the multiversus account?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Primal is up there with Smiling Friends on the "will probably get in at some point, just too new right now " List. Pibby is another one, assuming that gets picked up
I wonder if they'll do Smiling friends as a duo or separately. I feel like a duo would be fun and make sense but having them separate could mean more diverse moveset.

Thinking about Adult swim, something that I would very love but it's pretty much a never ever would be Huey from The Boondocks. The show was very controversial, several episodes has been removed from streaming service and the reboot was cancelled.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They don't have much moveset potential separately, and Spear could reasonably ride on Fang the whole time, so I agree.
This or as I mentioned like Phoenix Wright. You play as Spear but Fang is in some of his moves like Maya Fey.

That said though. I'm more down of the idea of Spear riding Fang.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Glad to hear that people are giving Spear and Fang some love. I didn't know that Tony was a fan of Primal until now, so that definitely helps their chances, maybe in a later season though.

Also the Smiling Friends are definitely characters I didn't know I wanted until now. If not just to hear Zach and Michael making funny noises and weird jokes for all the voicelines.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'd definitely want Pim and Charlie separate, for moveset diversity, more opportunities for funny dialogue, and because, as Finn and Jake show, it's more fun to play co-op as those characters with a friend on one team.

I'd say the same about Mordecai and Rigby, for that matter.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
On the topic of Adult Swim, what characters do you think are likely from there?

For Me
Master Shake, Frylock, and Meatwad: There Show is one of the first popular ones the channels ever had and WBD Did give it some love by showcasing the upcoming movie trailer on their youtube channel.
The Robot Chicken: I'm not totally a fan of the show(i like some of their older shorts but hesitant to give the modern episodes a try after one traumatizing short i wounded up catching on television) but there's no denying that it's been on for a long time so it's quite popular enough for the channel.
Nathan and the members of Death Clock: i feel Metalocalypse is pretty popular enough to get in plus it's got an upcoming movie releasing next year.
Brock Simpson and The Monarch: Another Popular Classic Adult Swim Show that would likely show up in the game to represent adult swim and it's getting a revival movie to which is what fans have been wanting.
Primal(Spear and Fang) and Smiling Friends(Pim and Charlie): Everyone's already mention how popular these two are so it's a matter of when they'll come rather than if.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'd definitely want Pim and Charlie separate, for moveset diversity, more opportunities for funny dialogue, and because, as Finn and Jake show, it's more fun to play co-op as those characters with a friend on one team.

I'd say the same about Mordecai and Rigby, for that matter.
It would bother me immensely if Mordecai and Rigby were together while Finn and Jake are separate. I consider them counterparts of each other, let alone the fact they have plenty of potential for their own movesets and voice lines.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Okay, if we want to be pedantic the Waltuh account is only the most popular fan account. My sincere apologies for assuming that was implied.
do we ever not want to be pedantic?

Glad to hear that people are giving Spear and Fang some love. I didn't know that Tony was a fan of Primal until now, so that definitely helps their chances, maybe in a later season though.

Also the Smiling Friends are definitely characters I didn't know I wanted until now. If not just to hear Zach and Michael making funny noises and weird jokes for all the voicelines.
nice avatar

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the topic of Adult Swim, what characters do you think are likely from there?

For Me
Master Shake, Frylock, and Meatwad: There Show is one of the first popular ones the channels ever had and WBD Did give it some love by showcasing the upcoming movie trailer on their youtube channel.
The Robot Chicken: I'm not totally a fan of the show(i like some of their older shorts but hesitant to give the modern episodes a try after one traumatizing short i wounded up catching on television) but there's no denying that it's been on for a long time so it's quite popular enough for the channel.
Nathan and the members of Death Clock: i feel Metalocalypse is pretty popular enough to get in plus it's got an upcoming movie releasing next year.
Brock Simpson and The Monarch: Another Popular Classic Adult Swim Show that would likely show up in the game to represent adult swim and it's getting a revival movie to which is what fans have been wanting.
Primal(Spear and Fang) and Smiling Friends(Pim and Charlie): Everyone's already mention how popular these two are so it's a matter of when they'll come rather than if.
Eric Andre, definitely (even if he is a real-life comedian). Hell, his show's next season already has a potential skin.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I want ATHF representation in this game so bad. Again, separate is best, not only for potential and the Finn and Jake rule, but also come on, like these three would ever work together.

Top Bottom