• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While I know that third-party priority is far off, I wonder what Tony's views on indie properties are.

If they added pearl you could have the other 3 pearls as costumes. My own top pics are lion and connie
I would like to see Pearl in there, myself. She's the closest we'd have to a Osamu Tezuka-designed character taking on the golden age animation mascots of WB. Also, good taste in character choices.

Lol they added the Finn scream. Stealth nerf? Now finn mains will ko themselves on purpose, big brain devs.
It's a fun consolation prize for those who felt a bit gypped by the actual nerf. :awesome:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Question to y'all?

What characters are your biggest pipe dream characters for this game?

For me its' Gamera (Heisei incarnation) and Hilda from the NetFlix cartoon.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd normally say Daggett as well but Nick All-Stars Brawl already has that covered.

If not (Depending how long DLC runs for it), hopefully him or Norbert for a potential sequel.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On today's Twitter posts, Tony got some folks thinking.

Granted it could just be Black Adam or Stripe, but still.

Has anyone considered how good a clone of Tom and Jerry, sylvester and tweety would make?
I did, actually. Although depending on how the attacks are done (since Tweety can fly), they could make them a semi-clone.

Question to y'all?

I got several. For example, as a reminder, I do want K.O., Rad and Enid from OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes, alongside maybe Carol, Mr. Gar and even Boxman/Venomous if we're lucky. Queen Tyr'ahnee from Duck Dodgers would be great, as well.
As for third-party? For now I will say the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and :ultsonic:.

I'd normally say Daggett as well but Nick All-Stars Brawl already has that covered.

If not (Depending how long DLC runs for it), hopefully him or Norbert for a potential sequel.
Honestly, if we're getting anyone owned by Nickelodeon for this, characters from TMNT would be more likely than anything else (even SpongeBob). Which would make sense, since TMNT crossed over with DC several times.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I got several. For example, as a reminder, I do want K.O., Rad and Enid from OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes, alongside maybe Carol, Mr. Gar and even Boxman/Venomous if we're lucky. Queen Tyr'ahnee from Duck Dodgers would be great, as well.
Isn't OK K.O. Cartoon Network hence would be under Warner Bros.

When I refer to pipe dreams I mean as in characters who aren't Warner Bros. IPs. or has no association with them (Legendary Godzilla and Kong for example). Then again guess this could also go for characters with low chances like Queen Tyrahnee as you mentioned as well.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Isn't OK K.O. Cartoon Network hence would be under Warner Bros.

When I refer to pipe dreams I mean as in characters who aren't Warner Bros. IPs. or has no association with them (Legendary Godzilla and Kong for example). Then again guess this could also go for characters with low chances like Queen Tyrahnee as you mentioned as well.
I mean to be fair, I mainly mention her since she is one of the most noteworthy characters in the 00s DD series alongside Dodgers (Daffy) and X-2 (Marvin), the latter two seemingly getting in relatively soon-ish (especially since Dodgers seemingly might be Daffy's base character instead of a skin).

Now that you mention it, if the TMNT got in, it would be cool if they could somehow toss in their own take on April O'Neil and Shredder as well.

Also, for anime characters, Kenshiro and Sailor Moon.

In regards to game characters, I'm just mentioning :ultsonic: for the moment, depending on how things develop.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Pretty sure it's just Rick, although I admit that it's kind of weird that he doesn't just say "Rick" because we know he's coming later in august (although he could have been delayed considering that Morty was delayed).

Question to y'all?

I guess my biggest dream would be Eric Cartman but I know it will never happen because South park is owned by Viacom. I'd like also Roger Rabbit who is a Disney character.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Pretty sure it's just Rick, although I admit that it's kind of weird that he doesn't just say "Rick" because we know he's coming later in august (although he could have been delayed considering that Morty was delayed).

I guess my biggest dream would be Eric Cartman but I know it will never happen because South park is owned by Viacom. I'd like also Roger Rabbit who is a Disney character.
The one likely possibility I can think of in regards to the ambiguity is Stripe, since Gizmo could supposedly be going to be a swappable character.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

I wouldn't be surprised if either Black Adam or Stripe came before Rick. Looking at the datamines, Rick seems to be a really complicated character with his portals and stuff.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So I was looking a bit more about what Discovery own because they have merged with WB recently. Unfortunately they don't have a lot of stuff that could really be in the game (they have stuff like Food network, CNN, MLB network, Animal planet among other channel that would be way too long to list all). Something that is more interesting is the fact that Hasbro own 40% of Discovery family. This has lead to many animated series based on Hasbro franchise such as Transformers, GI Joe and My little Pony. Hasbro also works often with WB to make toys based on their franchise, including DC characters and Harry Potter.

So with this relationship with WB and Discovery, I do wonder if some Hasbro franchise could be easy to get in the game. I know that My little pony is probably out of the question because Hasbro was against the Fighting is magic game, but Hasbro also own Transformers and Power rangers which I think could be pretty cool in the game. Hasbro also own PJ mask, Peppa pig, Magic the gathering and GI Joe.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So I was looking a bit more about what Discovery own because they have merged with WB recently. Unfortunately they don't have a lot of stuff that could really be in the game (they have stuff like Food network, CNN, MLB network, Animal planet among other channel that would be way too long to list all). Something that is more interesting is the fact that Hasbro own 40% of Discovery family. This has lead to many animated series based on Hasbro franchise such as Transformers, GI Joe and My little Pony. Hasbro also works often with WB to make toys based on their franchise, including DC characters and Harry Potter.

So with this relationship with WB and Discovery, I do wonder if some Hasbro franchise could be easy to get in the game. I know that My little pony is probably out of the question because Hasbro was against the Fighting is magic game, but Hasbro also own Transformers and Power rangers which I think could be pretty cool in the game. Hasbro also own PJ mask, Peppa pig, Magic the gathering and GI Joe.
Yeah, now that you mention it, having Transformers and PR show up seems more readily feasible if they have direct access to them.

Also, this seems like a good excuse to repost this wishlist fan art with an inexplicable Peppa Pig cameo again:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So I was looking a bit more about what Discovery own because they have merged with WB recently. Unfortunately they don't have a lot of stuff that could really be in the game (they have stuff like Food network, CNN, MLB network, Animal planet among other channel that would be way too long to list all).
I disagree with your assertation. Lion from Animal Plant and Guy Fieri are absolute icons that should (and will) be in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so my brother got this at last and i got my first proper look at it. i did not realise how hilarious velma was

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, it may or may not mean much, but Tony retweeted this specific post.

so my brother got this at last and i got my first proper look at it. i did not realise how hilarious velma was
Yeah, her gimmick is pretty similar to Phoenix Wright in UMvC3. The funniest part is shouting about her glasses dropping when she gets rung out.

Faso115

Smash Lord

Interestingly, Lady Rainicorn has an announcer. Maybe they are open to adding unplayable characters as announcers?

Also, they managed to uncover that Stripe uses a gun in moveset. Smh copying Joker /s

EDIT: Also a BMO announcer

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, it may or may not mean much, but Tony retweeted this specific post.

Yeah, her gimmick is pretty similar to Phoenix Wright in UMvC3. The funniest part is shouting about her glasses dropping when she gets rung out.
that’s what I thought of when I saw her in action

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Interestingly, Lady Rainicorn has an announcer. Maybe they are open to adding unplayable characters as announcers?

Also, they managed to uncover that Stripe uses a gun in moveset. Smh copying Joker /s

EDIT: Also a BMO announcer

Guess Announcer Voices Only Wiz & Boomstick are as possible as ever then....i wanted to see them playable.

Exactly. Imagine the meta when they purposely make him one of the hardest fighters to go up against.
you mean THE Meta?
1660765597794.png

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Edit: And the leaks just keep on coming, this time for a base character's skin.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Glad to see this one close to confirmed, since I've been waiting for Dr. Harleen Quinzel for some time now.

Guess Announcer Voices Only Wiz & Boomstick are as possible as ever then....i wanted to see them playable.

you mean THE Meta?
View attachment 358913
Competitive meta, not Red & Blue's Meta. Well played, though.

To be fair, they're not already part of an attack (BMO) or nigh-impossible to work in on a technical level (Lady Rainicorn).

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Edit: And the leaks just keep on coming, this time for a base character's skin.

Glad to see this one close to confirmed, since I've been waiting for Dr. Harleen Quinzel for some time now.

Competitive meta, not Red & Blue's Meta. Well played, though.

To be fair, they're not already part of an attack (BMO) or nigh-impossible to work in on a technical level (Lady Rainicorn).
Didn't i hear Lady was a ringout?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ftr, this is the company formerly known as THQnordic

Anywho, things ain't looking good for Gandalf

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Interview with Tony
-Stripe and Gizmo are one character.
-They'll add Walter White if people want him.
-They can't talk about a Switch version as of now.
- Plan to support couch(local) 2v2 online in the future
-Music is difficult since it requires a lot of licensing stuff.
-Can't talk about story mode.
-Classic Arcade is co-op and it's pretty difficult according.
-Big plans for the class system.
-"There's a lot more coming and a lot of surprises"

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Interview with Tony
-If players want bundles with character, besides only buying the character alone they will consider it.
that makes it sound like they’re working on a switch version

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Didn't i hear Lady was a ringout?
I meant nigh-impossible as a playable character, I know about the ringout.

Yeah saying we can’t talk about it sounds like they have plans for it
And it kind of got leaked before this anyway, so the cat's out of the bag?

Ftr, this is the company formerly known as THQnordic

Anywho, things ain't looking good for Gandalf
I wasn't banking on him at this point, but it does clear things up. Kinda weird to think that he'd only get in as third-party.

Interview with Tony
Additionally, it should be noted that:

• Character reveal trailers are costly, so they will focus on building up the game for now.
  • PFG pitched the game to Warner Bros, rather than the other way around.
  • They are hiring.
  • There is a third-party character Tony really wants, but keeps them a secret for now.
  • They're open to the idea of certain future character additions coming in themed packs as opposed to individually as usual.
  • Tony responded to Michael Jordan as a possibility with "no comment".
  • They're open to coming up with a creative solution in regards to incorporating Fatalities mechanically, should the Mortal Kombat cast be added.
That said, I love that one of the podcasters mentioned Fist of the North Star on the topic of 3rd party anime possibilities, in the 24 minute mark. Also, the 26 minute mark has the podcasters give a shout-out to Thundercats fans by suggesting a Thundercats pack.

Considering the memetic demand for him on Reddit alone, yeah, I'd say it's an "if". Should be interesting.

Understandable, but if there can be original music faithful to a series' style every so often (e.g. Scooby's Haunted Mansion), I'm fine with this.

Okay, so good to know Arcade doesn't have the actual story. I guess they have more work left to do on that still.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Interview with Tony
A few other interesting points that you didn't mentionned:

-The team would like to do Smash like CGI trailer for character reveal but with the small team that they have it's pretty much impossible.
-The Discovery merger hasn't affected the game. He says it's actually pretty nice to have a bigger catalog of things to pull from (tho from my ressearch it doesn't seems like there's a lot of potential for fighters but who knows)
-He would like to add anime and video game characters but he can promised anything for now.
-When asked about Michael Jordan in the game he just laughed and said "I can't really comment". Not sure if it means that he can come later.

D

Deleted member

A few other interesting points that you didn't mentionned:

-The team would like to do Smash like CGI trailer for character reveal but with the small team that they have it's pretty much impossible.
-The Discovery merger hasn't affected the game. He says it's actually pretty nice to have a bigger catalog of things to pull from (tho from my ressearch it doesn't seems like there's a lot of potential for fighters but who knows)
-He would like to add anime and video game characters but he can promised anything for now.
-When asked about Michael Jordan in the game he just laughed and said "I can't really comment". Not sure if it means that he can come later.
Thanks! Pulled this from a website so I missed those.

Nice to know they're not effected by the merger.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
This is all super interesting to hear about! Lots of doors opening up from what we've been hearing about.

Not sure how Caitlin might factor into this, but seeing more characters added is pretty much always a good thing in my book

Top Bottom